Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

+60
T4two
zodiac
renoir
malena stool
buildersbum
lynn
Annabel
lea
tabs
Roasted Arizona
Susan
ann_chovey
the one and only big_l
FSoares
Justiceforallkids
AnnaEsse
RIORITA
MJH1901
Jean-Luc
Dimsie
Ang
tanszi
Judge Dread
dazedandconfused
MaryB
4timesanan
HiDeHo
sans_souci
Keela
oliver
halfamo
welshy
steve1295
Bebootje
suzyone
hobnob
fedrules
Arguida
margaret
Carolina
jay2001
kitti
nostra
Alfiefinn
Lilemor
Alpine Aster
Eve
jejune
fishie
ali1966
comperedna
Simon K
contrary
flubber
Lioned
Badboy
vivvy
fuzeta
macy
keepingmum
64 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty BBC 1 News 14th of Jan 2010

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 18:24

Have just carried a report from Lisbon about the case.

At first look it seems reasonably balanced.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty Re: What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 18:38

BBC East Midlands carried a reasonably Balence account to, O'Sullivan doesn't look happy. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty Re: What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 18:39

Laffin Assasin wrote:BBC East Midlands carried a reasonably Balence account to, O'Sullivan doesn't look happy. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 613255

Lets hope his **** The McCann's report comes back to bite him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 14 Jan - 18:45

Yes i really hope Osullivans comments come back and bite him.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Thu 14 Jan - 18:46

Hare wrote:
Laffin Assasin wrote:BBC East Midlands carried a reasonably Balence account to, O'Sullivan doesn't look happy. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 613255

yes,hope so,idiot
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :
What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty LIVERPOOL ECHO: Liverpool-born Kate and Gerry McCann defend taking legal action over claims they faked Madeleine's abduction

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 19:45

Liverpool-born Kate and Gerry McCann defend taking legal action over claims they faked Madeleine's abduction

Jan 14 2010 Liverpool Echo
Comments (2)
Recommend

GERRY McCANN came out fighting after sitting through two days of court hearings where he and his Liverpool-born wife Kate were accused of faking the abduction of their daughter Madeleine.

Mr McCann yesterday defended the couple’s decision to take legal action over a book and TV documentary by former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral. He insisted there was no evidence to support Mr Amaral’s claims that Madeleine died in her family’s Algarve holiday flat on the night she vanished in 2007.

Mr McCann said: “A thesis without evidence is meaningless .”

Comments (2)

Add a comment

Report item as: (required) X
Comment: (optional)
User Image
bonnythescouser wrote:
I find it strange that on the day maddie disappeared she had been heard crying for her mother not to leave her alone 'again' that night.
After the alleged abduction neither of the mccanns showed any 'real' emotion during the 'appeal' to find maddie.
neither of them have ever been charged with 'gross neglect' no decent parent would leave 3 children alone in a foreign country while going out 'drinking and eating'
There was 'no' evidence to support any abduction. Both parents allege they were checking on the children during their night out drinking.
They are doctors who have been trained to show 'no emotion' if a death occurs in a hospital.
Maybe they hampered the investigation and this is why the book was written.
I personally believe they had something to do with the abduction.
14/1/2010 1:00 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk

sparky08 wrote:
I bet you also believe the world trade centres were destroyed by the government ! Doctors "trained" to show no emotion PMSL what planet do you live on, One is a GP and the other is a cardiologist, I doubt either have had to tell anybody their loved one has died, which is what you are so patheticaly trying to describe by "trained to show 'no emotion" its called desensitisation.
14/1/2010 2:38 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk

The journalist obviously wasn't going to waste too much time..... quite a turn up for the books, really.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty Detective who claims Madeleine McCann died says 'I'll fight all the way'

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 0:31

Detective who claims Madeleine McCann died says 'I'll fight all the way'

Published Date: 15 January 2010
By Sam Marsden

PORTUGUESE former detective Goncalo Amaral has vowed to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights if he loses a legal battle over his book that claims Madeleine McCann is dead.
Yesterday Mr Amaral said his case was about "fundamental rights" for all Portuguese citizens.

Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were left facing the prospect of years of court hearings at which Mr Amaral's allegations against them will be repeated. The couple, both 41, from Leicestershire, flew to Lisbon this week to hear Mr Amaral try to overturn their ban on his book, Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie.

The former policeman called a series of witnesses to support his claims that Madeleine died in her family's holiday flat and that her parents faked her abduction – something they strongly deny.

Mrs McCann said yesterday that sitting through the evidence was difficult but added that nothing could be as bad as losing Madeleine.

She insisted that the couple were right to take legal action against Mr Amaral and said she was confident they would win.

Arriving at Lisbon's main civil court for yesterday's hearing, Mrs McCann said: "Our daughter's been taken and nothing's ever going to be as bad as that. It's still been difficult. I know what's in the case files, I know what the conclusions are. So it's difficult to hear something that's incorrect and inaccurate."

Mr Amaral was the initial leader of the Portuguese police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance from Praia da Luz in the Algarve on 3 May, 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday.

http://news.scotsman.com/uk/Detective-who-claims-Madeleine-McCann.5984808.jp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Arguida Fri 15 Jan - 0:44

This is not good for the team. Whatever were they thinking? I don't think Amaral's book being available in English in the corner bookstore could be as bad as this mass media communication.
Arguida
Arguida
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty the mcanns were on sky news australia

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 15 Jan - 5:18

and arghhhhhh i had to change the channel i dont see how people can be gullible enough to believe them!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 6:22

Was it good or bad coverage Carly?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 15 Jan - 6:34

MsTaken wrote:Was it good or bad coverage Carly?

it was them at the court
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 7:34

Hare wrote:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/117187/BBC-in-cursing-foul-up-

15th January 2010 By Daily Star ReporterBBC bosses sparked a row after accusing Goncalo Amaral of a four-letter tirade against Kate and Gerry McCann.

They insisted the ex-detective said: “F*** the McCanns,” when asked by a BBC reporter if he felt his allegations were hurting the couple.

But last night it was claimed he said: “Fala com McCanns,” which means: “Speak to the McCanns”.

Asked if he had sworn, Mr Amaral replied: “Never. I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Rival TV companies refused to broadcast the footage after their translators studied it.

But it was broadcast, with the key word bleeped out, by the BBC in the East Midlands.

A BBC spokesman said: “The exchange was recorded on camera. The swear word was bleeped out for transmission as it was clearly unacceptable to broadcast such language at 6.30pm.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 15 Jan - 7:44

I also felt BBC piece was balanced. Have to admit that I feel sorry for Kate when I see her.She's so thin and you can see her suffering. Still don't believe in the abduction claims though.

I'm sure that Amaral did not swear. Would've thought the Beeb would've sent someone who understood Portuguese to avoid this mix-up!!
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 Empty Daily Mirror: I'LL FACE THESE SLURS IF IT HELPS MY LITTLE MADDY

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 8:30

I'LL FACE THESE SLURS IF IT HELPS MY LITTLE MADDY
By Martin Fricker 15/01/2010

Kate's court ordeal for her daughter

Kate McCann last night broke her silence after three days of hearing sickening slurs that she faked her child's abduction.

The mum-of-three insisted the court ordeal was worth it because "getting justice here will help our search for Madeleine".

Kate and husband Gerry, both 41, have been in Portugal while former detective Goncalo Amaral tries to overturn their ban on his book about the case. He says Madeleine, six, is dead and alleges her guilty parents staged her disappearance, in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Yesterday Kate said: "Hearing it has not been easy but this action will benefit Madeleine, which is our aim. It's been positive because it's shown again there is no evidence that Madeleine came to any harm or that we are involved."

Advertisement - article continues below »
Click here to find out more!

Amaral's appeal against the injunction banning him from repeating his claims was adjourned.

Outside the Lisbon court he vowed that if he lost he would take it to a European human rights court to defend "freedom of speech".

Last night the BBC stood by a claim Amaral had told their crew "f*** the McCanns". His lawyer had claimed he was mistranslated.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/01/15/i-ll-face-these-slurs-if-it-helps-my-little-maddy-115875-21969011/[dailymotion][/dailymotion]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 15 Jan - 8:50

KM and Fi Fi could almost be sisters. I note KM has gone for a shorter bob, similar to the one in the photo of her and Maddie as a baby. And similar to Fi's......what gives?
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Fri 15 Jan - 9:16

Are we sure that's really Fiona?
Looks just like David Payne in a wig to me What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 613255
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 9:36

halfamo wrote:Fiona and Kate look like a right couple of hard faced cows,

floozies sprang to mind on first view. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Fri 15 Jan - 9:37

MJH1901 wrote:Are we sure that's really Fiona?
Looks just like David Payne in a wig to me What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 613255

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 294124 What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 294124 thats just what i thought when i saw her yesterday,
was it david in disguise?ugly woman What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 294124
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 10:05

Sure she's been facing them. She's been suing anyone in her path What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 847843
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 15 Jan - 10:25

Why doesn't she decide to be honest and clarify her (their) real reasons? It has nothing to do with Madeleine. It all goes around with saving their reputation, and, if necessary joining with all those who have started personal battles against Amaral. How does that help Madeleine is beyond me. If they really wanted to help Madeleine, they should have accepted the reconstruction (asked by Paulo Rebelo). Fiona Payne, yesterday, in a ridiculous statement outside the Court, said they decided not to do the reconstruction, because it wouldn't help Madeleine, since it wasn't going to be televised and made public. It's a pitty, no one has explained this woman, the PT Penal Process Code doesn't allow reconstructions to be made public. Ironically, they lost one good chance to demonstrate (via this reconstruction) the abuction theory.
It would be good to know as well, why Rogério Alves is no longer their lawyer. Is it because this lattest is not a fan of Marinho Pinto?
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jan - 10:53

big mistake them going after the book. they would have been best advised to ignore it and let any interest in it fizzle out. after all, as hare pointed out yesterday, before this week 99.9% of the uk didn't give a toss about this case any more. interest may now have been aroused by what has been reported this week.

by pursuing amaral and staging this little panto, gerry almost going off on one, fiona payne turning up and both her and kate looking like the leads in the movie single white female, they have opened, as their own lawyer pointed out, a pandora's box in full view of everyone and in particular the uk media who are free, this time, to print without fear of carter-ruck.

still, fear does have a habit of panicking people into making irrational decisions.

i notice mitchell chose to keep clear of this. wonder why. What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 303636

What the papers say - Amaral V McCanns trial - Page 13 25346

Last edited by Marky on Fri 15 Jan - 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Fri 15 Jan - 10:59

By Gordon Rayner, Chief Reporter
Published: 12:01AM BST 10 Sep 2007

As Mrs McCann succinctly put it just hours before being named as a suspect: "The police don't want a murder in Portugal and all the publicity about them not having paedophile laws here, so they're blaming us."

So even back in september 2007 kate is saying that Madeleine is dead !

Remember the police were working on the basis that Madeleine was abducted since that is what the mccanns were claiming and no one had discussed in public the thesis that Madeleine might be deadso surely what she should have said was
"The police don't want an abduction in Portugal and all the publicity about them not having paedophile laws here, so they're blaming us."

That was a huge mistake on her part since it tells us and the police that Madeleine is dead NOT abducted. Why else use the M word?
Guilty consicence perhaps or a slip of the tongue or a subconscious plea for it all to be over and admitting her guilt?

Even clarrie has claimed that kate and gerry had no part in Madeleines death so that tells us they know she is dead in which case why are they suing Amaral for something which they have also said in public?
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 15 Jan - 11:10

Good point hobnob, but as we've seen, they'll deny anything they choose to and if all you have are newspaper articles giving the information second hand, it's all very difficult to prove that she actually said it.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 15 Jan - 11:13

Why is my name appearing next to this topic when I never started it.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next