Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison

+12
fred
Indigo
kitti
ali1966
RIORITA
tabs
jypsybear
fedrules
margaret
Smudge
bootsy
Keela
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Empty James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison

Post  Indigo Tue 2 Mar - 22:21

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8546528.stm

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison
James Bulger was murdered in Liverpool in 1993

One of the killers of two-year-old James Bulger is back in prison after breaching the terms of his release.
Jon Venables, 27, was released on life licence in 2001.

He was detained with his friend Robert Thompson in 1993 - when both boys were aged 10 - for the horrific murder of the toddler in Bootle, Liverpool.

The Ministry of Justice said: "We can confirm that Jon Venables has been recalled to custody following a breach of licence conditions."

Details of the nature of the breach were not released.

Mother's 'anxiety'
Venables' solicitor, Laurence Lee, told the BBC: "He could have been recalled on licence if he committed an offence, it could be that he returned to Merseyside, it could be he might have approached the family.
"There is no evidence so far that he did any of these things."

Jon Venables Venables was released from custody in 2001 and given a new identity
Retired Det Supt Albert Kirby, who led the murder inquiry, said he was surprised Venables was back behind bars.
He added: "I've always thought, with regards to that particular boy, that from what we've heard over the years there was every possibility he would have avoided going back into prison."

A relative of Denise Fergus, James's mother, said the family had no plans to comment on Venables' return to prison at this time.

But Mr Kirby told BBC News he had spoken to James's mother and the news had brought "a whole load of anxiety" back to her.

He said: "There's always been a lot of anxiety as to where both boys are.
"To hear something like that this evening; it brings back to her a lot of the concerns, quite understandably, that she and any other parents in these sorts of circumstances would have."

'Unparalleled barbarity'
On 13 February, 1993, Venables and Thompson abducted James from a shopping centre in Bootle and killed him on a railway line.

A week-long appeal followed, with CCTV footage being released of the little boy holding the hand of one of his killers as he was led out of the Strand shopping centre.

The toddler had been approached and befriended by the two boys while his mother, Denise, was in a shop.

James's body was found by children playing on a freight railway line near Walton Lane police station.

Thompson and Venables are not free - they will remain on life licence for the rest of their lives
The Home Secretary David Blunkett in 2001
What the Home Secretary said
He had been beaten to death with bricks and an iron bar.

The 10-year-old killers were arrested days later and became the youngest to be charged with murder in the 20th Century. Eight months later they were convicted following a 17-day trial at Preston Crown Court and ordered to be detained at Her Majesty's pleasure.
Trial judge Mr Justice Morland told the pair they had committed a crime of "unparalleled evil and barbarity".

In 1999 the European Court of Human Rights decided they should not have been tried in an adult court.

Despite public outcry, two years later the parole board recommended their release as they "were no longer a danger to society". More than 300,000 people signed a petition saying the sentence of eight years was too short.

Both Thompson and Venables were given new identities when they were released after serving eight years in custody An order prohibiting the publication of details which could reveal their whereabouts has remained in place since their release.

Just heard this on the news......
Indigo
Indigo
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 121
Warning :
James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Empty Re: James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison

Post  Guest Tue 2 Mar - 22:39

Jeepers, you'd think he would keep his head down and get on with it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Empty Re: James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison

Post  Guest Tue 2 Mar - 23:46

I know this is a very controversial subject, but in my opinion these 2 were released far too early. OK he may not have done anything bad now, we dont know, he could have just gone back to Liverpool. But the fact is, if you've been told you cant do that, you dont do you. Unless you are simply sticking your two fingers up at our penal system, which he clearly is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Empty James Bulger's killer, Jon Venables, back behind bars

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 0:06

James Bulger killer back in prison

Tuesday 2 March 2010 21.15 GMT

Jon Venables, one of the two killers of toddler James Bulger in 1993, returned to jail after breaching the terms of his licence conditions.

One of the killers of James Bulger is tonight back behind bars after breaching the terms of his licence, the government has confirmed.

Jon Venables is now aged 27, and has been given a new identity since his release from prison for his part in the 1993 murder which caused horror in Britain due to the savagery of the crime and the age of the perpetrators.

Venables and Robert Thompson, both then aged 10, abducted and murdered James, aged three, in February 1993. He was taken from a shopping centre and found on a railway line.

Venables and Thompson were released from custody in 2001 having been the youngest people in the UK to be charged with murder in the twentieth century.

They were convicted following a trial at Preston crown court and ordered to be detained at Her Majesty's pleasure – the normal substitute sentence for life imprisonment when the offender is a juvenile.

A Ministry of Justice spokesperson refused to give any details of the breach of licence, and said: "We can confirm that Jon Venables has been recalled to custody following a breach of licence conditions.

"Offenders on licence are subject to strict conditions; if they breach those conditions they are subject to immediate recall.

"There is a worldwide injunction in place that prohibits any reporting including reporting on the internet, that could identify Jon Venables or his location."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/mar/02/james-bulger-jon-venables-prison

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/128229-james-bulger-killer-jon-venables-in-prison-over-parole-breach.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 10:29

Harvesmom wrote:I know this is a very controversial subject, but in my opinion these 2 were released far too early. OK he may not have done anything bad now, we dont know, he could have just gone back to Liverpool. But the fact is, if you've been told you cant do that, you dont do you. Unless you are simply sticking your two fingers up at our penal system, which he clearly is.

Exactly. He was damn lucky to have got out as early as he did. They were old enough to know what they were doing imo.
Unless they go on to do wonderful charity work or work tirelessly for a cure for cancer, they will always just be horrible vile child killers.

Sorry, I know they were kids but that kind of makes them worse. James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 11:23

They knew what they were doing was wrong/evil they should never have got out of prison!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 12:37

Threads merged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 3 Mar - 16:52

David wrote:They knew what they were doing was wrong/evil they should never have got out of prison!

I know it's sickening, my nephews were a very similar age to little James and it brings it all back to me, the strange thing is l remember at the time Venables was deemed to have been a good boy 'led astray' by Thompson yet it is him back in prison.

I wonder what terms he breached, l think we should be told to be honest.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 3 Mar - 18:22

I often think of Jamie Bulger, he was the same age as my son, I still feel for his parents, they have endured the worst thing that could possibly happen to them with dignity. I to think that the press should stick up two fingers to Venables and print what he has done to violate his parole/licence and let the world know that a convicted killer has revoked his licence and tell the people his punishment. Does this mean a few months, weeks or years back in prison?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 19:57

In other words, the nasty wee toerag has learned nothing useful from 8 years in the clink, and will probably always be a blight on society.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 20:21

The Famous Grouse wrote:In other words, the nasty wee toerag has learned nothing useful from 8 years in the clink, and will probably always be a blight on society.

Almost definitely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 23:52

Preston nick, according to jhl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 4 Mar - 0:12

I wonder if he went to liverpoo.
I noticed that it is italicized in the newspaper l read
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Mar - 0:25

Badboy wrote:I wonder if he went to liverpoo.
I noticed that it is italicized in the newspaper l read

I actually think he's done something far worse than this Badboy. Reading between the lines, from what has been released they cant tell us because there is a court case pending and public opinion will sway the outcome. This is just my opinion of course James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 4 Mar - 10:46

There is super injunction....not allowed to know who he is, where he is and why!

A few years back the sun newpaper found out where the other violent bastard was, in australia and he had met a women and had a child with her...As soon as she found out WHO HE WAS and WHAT HE HAD DONE....SHE DUMPED HIM.

So, if the super injuction was in place then well.......he was still found.

As for going to prison for doing something like going to where he had committed the crime....THE BASTARD DID MORE THAN THAT otherwise he wouldnt be back inside where he belongs.

We ALL need to know where he is, hes a murderer, hes a danger to children and adults alike...A DANGER...

What those two boys did was NEVER FULLY PUBLISHED IN NEWSPAPERS....why...because it was so disgusting that even the newspapers couldnt bring themselves to print it as it made them feel physically sick.

I COULDNT GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THESE BOYS/MEN and dont forget, they can do far worse now there grown up than what they could do when they were 10....FAR WORSE.

SHOULD WE NAME AND SHAME THEM....DEFINATELY.

Forget about them being found and hounded, thats the price they have to pay for murdering a 2 year old.....and i hope they are found and hounded, burnt at the stake for all i care (i will bring the matches).

Last edited by kitti on Thu 4 Mar - 20:44; edited 1 time in total
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Mar - 13:18

Well said Kitty. Rep point 4 you for that comment. I hope the bastard rots in prison. He's no loss to society. I hope the other prisoners find out who he is and give him the hiding he deserves.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Mar - 13:47

If I read one more comment about their 'appalling upbringing' and their 'bad start' in life, I will eat my own hair. I wonder if these same high handed types would mind them moving into the same street near to their own children. I don't suppose they ever would.

That case still gives me nightmares. The knock on effect of what those two did was immense. The poor copper who found James' broken body was on medication for years later. Then there was the train driver and all the people in the shops in the Strand who had served the little rats prior to them stealing James away from his mother. The millions of flowers around the railway bank on those sad, sad days when ordinary folk who went to pay their respects could barely speak, they were so numb.

Horrible crimes are committed everyday and whilst I am mindful that rehabilitation for the most part can and does work, our social structure is simply not geared up to fixing problems of this magnitude. It never will be. These two should have been given a much longer sentence. How on earth could eight years ever be enough? It's like putting a sticking plaster on missing limb.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 4 Mar - 20:51

Also, this 'thing' has a girlfriend and SHE doesnt even know who he is.

A few years back he was seen in an alley buying drugs with another man and what did he get...A SLAPPED WRIST.

Apparently he is a drunk and coke user...NOW...PUT MURDERER AND DRUG USER TOGETHER...WHAT DO YOU GET?

Hes gone back inside for a violent crime....and...if anybody can get something on him...THESE LAGS CAN...whats the betting one off them will have his name, address and a picture off him within a week and smuggle it out!

HURRY UP LADS....WE ARE DEPENDING ON YOU....DO YOUR BEST...YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU!!!!

Its also said IF his new identity does come out, he will just get another one....bet he cant afford plastic surgery.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 4 Mar - 23:55

He is said to have atacked a work collegue(sp?)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Mar - 7:28

WELL DONE LADS.......JOB DONE.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 5 Mar - 15:08

Apparently this evil little bastard has been back to Liverpool several times. Even though he and his deranged mate were only 10 at the time,they knew perfectly well what they were doing. They should have served time in a juvenile institition and when they reached the age of 18, be transferred to an adult prison where they should have stayed for the rest of their natural lives. The general public were not (for obvious reasons) told what these two had done to poor little James but we knew a solicitor who had seen the report of the PM, Coroner and Police. It was horrendous. Suffice to say that I am not going to even tell you part of it. It would just sicken you to your stomache.

As for the British taxpayer having to foot the bill for a new identity for him, why should they? It is apparently going to cost half a million pounds on this occasion, but how many more times will he have to have a new life created for him? He obviously didnot learn anything from his 8 years in jail. A loathesome creature like that cannot be rehabilitated. He is beyond help. The family I feel so sorry for are the Bulgers. They have suffered and continue to do so, knowing that scum are out and about and their little one never got the chance even to start at reception school. Denise should have been kept fully informed and told when he was yanked back to jail and for what.

I would be quite happy to press the plunger on the lethal injection. No doubt I wouldn't be in a majority of one.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 6 Mar - 12:50

ITS A SERIOUS SEXUAL ASSAULT HE HAS COMMITTED.

WE HAVE A DAMN RIGHT TO KNOW WHO IS LIVING NEXT TO US ESPECIALLY IF WE HAVE CHILDREN.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Indigo Sat 6 Mar - 14:20

I think it's amazing that this piece of sh*t is protected while the public has been at risk. After all we have to be convinced that rehabilitation works. I don't think in this particular case it does. To murder an innocent two years old in such a horrific way when you are only ten years old yourself, to me proved he is evil through and through.
The fact that he suffered abuse as a child himself is no excuse as far as I am concerned.

When I spoke about it with my eight yeard old son (who heard about the Jamie Buldger murder on the news) and he asked me how someone could be so cruel, I explained that he has suffered abuse and neglect as a child himself and my son answered: 'Then even more so he should have known not to do that to someone else'.
Indigo
Indigo
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 121
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Mar - 22:32

Indigo wrote:I think it's amazing that this piece of sh*t is protected while the public has been at risk. After all we have to be convinced that rehabilitation works. I don't think in this particular case it does. To murder an innocent two years old in such a horrific way when you are only ten years old yourself, to me proved he is evil through and through.
The fact that he suffered abuse as a child himself is no excuse as far as I am concerned.

When I spoke about it with my eight yeard old son (who heard about the Jamie Buldger murder on the news) and he asked me how someone could be so cruel, I explained that he has suffered abuse and neglect as a child himself and my son answered: 'Then even more so he should have known not to do that to someone else'.

Great post and a rep point James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next