Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 6 Aug - 20:58

As expected, but all it's doing wasting more time!, more wasted money on lawyers!

http://news.uk.msn.com/dewani-lawyers-in-new-legal-bid

Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 6 Aug - 20:58

Lawyers acting for honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani are launching a bid to take his case to the Supreme Court.

It is the latest move to stop the 33-year-old businessman being sent back to South Africa to face trial over his wife's death.

Last month, Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle ruled at Westminster Magistrates' Court that Dewani should be extradited and rejected his attempt to stay in the UK for further hospital treatment for mental health problems.

Judge Riddle had given the go-ahead to Dewani's extradition in 2011. He had to reconsider the position after two senior High Court judges allowed an appeal in March last year. They were told Dewani was suffering from depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

Sir John Thomas, president of the Queen's Bench Division, and Mr Justice Ouseley said it would be "unjust and oppressive" to remove him until he recovered - but it was plainly in the interests of justice that he was extradited as soon as he was fit.

Dewani's lawyers lodged an application at the High Court for the two judges to now certify that their ruling raised "a point of law of general public importance" for consideration by the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land.

Dewani is suspected of ordering the killing of his new wife Anni, 28, who was shot as the couple travelled in a taxi on the outskirts of Cape Town in November 2010. Last month, Judge Riddle said Dewani was still not fit to plead or stand trial at present, but there was evidence that he would receive the care he needed in South Africa.

So far three men have been convicted over Mrs Dewani's death. Last year South African Xolile Mngeni was convicted of premeditated murder for shooting her. Prosecutors claimed that he was a hitman hired by Dewani to kill his wife, something that Dewani has consistently denied.

Taxi driver Zola Tongo was jailed for 18 years after he admitted his part in the killing, and another accomplice, Mziwamadoda Qwabe, also pleaded guilty to murder and was handed a 25-year prison sentence.

Dewani's lawyers have stressed at various hearings that he will be willing to defend himself at trial once he is fit to do so.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 Aug - 21:23

I don't beleive this Country Honest to God,

Sir John Thomas, president of the Queen's Bench Division, and Mr Justice Ouseley said it would be "unjust and oppressive" to remove him until he recovered - but it was plainly in the interests of justice that he was extradited as soon as he was fit."

The Judiciary in the U.K. is so pro criminal it seems , that you have to wonder at the Loyalty of these a***holes.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 6 Aug - 21:51

Panda wrote:

Sir John Thomas, president of the Queen's Bench Division, and Mr Justice Ouseley said it would be "unjust and oppressive" to remove him until he recovered - but it was plainly in the interests of justice that he was extradited as soon as he was fit."

The Judiciary in the U.K. is so pro criminal it seems , that you have to wonder at the Loyalty of these a***holes.

While I have every sympathy for people who have genuine mental health problems, I can't believe that someone who successfully ran a business, as Dewani did, can be so fragile. Is he planning to spend the rest of his life in psychiatric care? He's going to be extradited at some point so he might as well get on a plane, especially as South African authorities are willing to cater for his hospital needs.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 6 Aug - 21:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

While I have every sympathy for people who have genuine mental health problems, I can't believe that someone who successfully ran a business, as Dewani did, can be so fragile. Is he planning to spend the rest of his life in psychiatric care? He's going to be extradited at some point so he might as well get on a plane, especially as South African authorities are willing to cater for his hospital needs.

Didn't Africa pledge at the hast hearing that Dewani would receive psychiatric care if he was extradited? Honest AnnaEsse, British Justice leaves a lot to be desired. How much is this continuing saga costing, where is the leadership of Cameron that he cannot intervene !!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 6 Aug - 22:26

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

Didn't Africa pledge at the hast hearing that Dewani would receive psychiatric care if he was extradited? Honest AnnaEsse, British Justice leaves a lot to be desired. How much is this continuing saga costing, where is the leadership of Cameron that he cannot intervene !!!

Yes, there is a commitment to house him in a secure hospital rather than a prison and to cater for his mental health problems.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 31 Jan - 11:16

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25979639

Shrien Dewani, who is accused of organising the murder of his wife Anni in South Africa, can be extradited to the country, the High Court has ruled.

Lawyers for Mr Dewani, who has post-traumatic stress disorder, argued he should not be sent there until he was fit to plead over the 2010 killing.

But judges ruled he can be extradited as long as the South African government pledges to return him to the UK should he ultimately prove unfit to be tried.

Mr Dewani is currently in hospital.

Speaking outside the High Court in London, BBC correspondent Angus Crawford said the South African authorities had indicated they were minded to accept the court's conditions for extradition.

He said Mr Dewani's family could yet lodge an appeal at the UK Supreme Court, which would continue to delay any extradition.
Taxi kidnapping

Mr Dewani, from Bristol, has been fighting removal from the UK to face proceedings over his new wife Anni's death until he has recovered from his mental health problems.

He is suspected of ordering the killing of Anni, a Swedish national.

The pair were kidnapped at gunpoint as they drove through the Gugulethu township in Cape Town in a taxi in November 2010. Mr Dewani was released unharmed.

The next day the body of Mrs Dewani was found in the car. She had injuries to her head and chest.

South African Xolile Mngeni was later convicted of premeditated murder and jailed for life. Prosecutors allege he was hired by Mr Dewani to kill his wife.

Mr Dewani has always denied the accusation.

At last!!!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 31 Jan - 12:01

Its getting better by the day.......
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 31 Jan - 14:14

kitti wrote:Its getting better by the day.......

He's been holed up in hospital for four years now. Did he intend to keep it up forever? Poor wee soul! Oooh, I'm so ill! Please mummy, I've got a tummy upset so you can't punish me! What a brat! I just want to see the f*cker on a plane to South Africa, though I fully expect him to take a turn for the worse!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 31 Jan - 16:22

Fully expect an attempted suicide in the next week or so.

Just throw the b.....d on a cheap flight bound for south Africa and let him spend the whole time handcuffed to a chair.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 31 Jan - 16:24

Same with Knox .....and if she is kicking and screaming as she says she will be, sling her in straight jacket then she will know how
Powerless Meredith felt when she was murdering her.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 Empty Dewani Loses Extradition Appeal

Post  Panda Mon 3 Mar - 17:31

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 4 Mar - 21:26

He can stop pretending now.....it didn't work.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 4 Mar - 21:27

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:Its getting better by the day.......

He's been holed up in hospital for four years now. Did he intend to keep it up forever? Poor wee soul! Oooh, I'm so ill! Please mummy, I've got a tummy upset so you can't punish me! What a brat! I just want to see the f*cker on a plane to South Africa, though I fully expect him to take a turn for the worse!

And he has......it's terminal.....terminal faking......
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 6 Apr - 10:46

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2597887/Has-Shrien-Dewani-faked-illness-three-years-escape-murder-charge-Suspect-watched-24-hours-day-South-African-psychiatric-unit.html

Honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani will board a plane for South Africa tomorrow night after a three-and-a-half year battle – and the world will finally learn whether the mental illness which delayed his extradition is real or faked.

The millionaire care home owner, 33, has denied any involvement in the killing of his Swedish wife Anni, 28, in a crime-ridden suburb of Cape Town in 2011.

Since then his lawyers have fought his extradition to South Africa, where he faces charges of murder and conspiracy.

They have claimed he is ‘too ill to be extradited’ and would be a high suicide risk as he  suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

But Anni’s father Vinod Hindocha told The Mail on Sunday yesterday: ‘I have always queried in my mind just how mentally ill he was. Just how long can post-traumatic stress last is a question that has been in and out of my mind continually.

‘Shrien was perfectly well during the time he travelled back from Cape Town with Anni’s body and he was arrested soon after.’

While the arguments raged at repeated appeal hearings, Dewani has spent the past 18 months living in a camper van in the grounds of Blaise View mental health hospital near Bristol and has been allowed to visit his family home nearby during the day.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Dewani is set to enjoy special privileges from the moment he arrives at Valkenberg, a South African psychiatric hospital.

His lawyers have argued that these privileges are necessary to uphold his human rights after the protracted legal battle over his extradition.

A private room has been prepared for him and he will even be allowed to pay for his own chef to bring him meals every day.

Like other patients on the general ward, he will also be able to take part in group therapy, cooking, belly dancing, and sewing classes and will be allowed a free visit to a beauty salon and barber once a week.

But, despite the apparently relaxed conditions, security has been tightened and Dewani’s every move will be watched by investigators determined to prove he is fit enough to stand trial for murder.

Scroll down for video
Murdered: Anni Dewani was 28 when she was murdered in a remote suburb of Cape Town in 2011
+6

Murdered: Anni Dewani was 28 when she was murdered in a remote suburb of Cape Town in 2011
Shrien Dewani and Anni Dewani
+6
Vinod Hindocha, the father of murdered bride Anni Dewani
+6

Anger: Vinod Hindocha (right), the father of murdered bride Anni Dewani (left with murder suspect Shrien), said he had always questioned how genuine his son-in-law's mental illness could have been
Secure: The Valkenberg psychiatric hospital in Cape Town, where Shrien Dewani will be assessed to see if he is mentally fit to stand trial for allegedly organising the honeymoon murder of his wife Anni
+6

Secure: The Valkenberg psychiatric hospital in Cape Town, where Shrien Dewani will be assessed to see if he is mentally fit to stand trial for allegedly organising the honeymoon murder of his wife Anni

FAMILY BACK TRIAL BY TV

The family of Anni Dewani have backed plans to televise the trial of Shrien Dewani in South Africa.

Anni’s father Vinod Hindocha said: ‘She was my daughter, certainly, but since she was shot she has become the daughter of the world.

‘I have been asked if I have any objection and my answer is that I do not. I feel the world wants to know what happened to Anni.

‘Judging by the thousands of letters from across the world we have received from people we have never met, there is a great amount of interest.’

Showing Tuesday’s hearing when Dewani appears to be formally charged – and any resulting hearings – on TV is a decision for the judge. The case could rival the media sensation of the ongoing murder trial of Oscar Pistorius for shooting his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Mr Hindocha said he had discussed cameras being in court with South African prosecutors and broadcasters and had given his backing.

Several TV and radio networks have sent applications to the Judge President, arguing there is a valid public interest in live coverage.

The announcement came as Mr Hindocha and his wife called for a change in the extradition process between Britain and South Africa as Dewani’s trial draws near – more than three years after the killing.

‘It has been nothing short of torture for us. An extradition order should not take so long,’ Mr Hindocha told The Mail on Sunday from his home in Sweden.

Dewani’s flight will be met by officers from the elite Hawks police unit and he will be escorted to Cape Town’s High Court to be formally charged with murder.

From there, whether he is granted bail or not, he will go  to Valkenberg, which houses some of South Africa’s most notorious killers and rapists.

Hospital insiders say a private room has been refurbished for him in Ward 4 and he will be under 24-hour observation by a team reporting back regularly to the court.

They must decide whether Dewani is capable of going for trial and whether he is aware of the serious nature of the indictment for murder.

A report based on their findings will be submitted to the court within 30 days and his hospitalisation period could be extended or a court date set.

Experts told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Any notion that he has been faking illness for the past few years will be minutely examined.

'Medication will be at a minimum so as not to mask his true condition. Dewani  will be seen regularly by  consultants but it is when he  is back in the ward that he will let his guard down and that is often where we get our most useful insights.

‘His attitude to other patients and the staff, even domestic workers, will be crucial to our observation methods.'

A medical source at the hospital told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Frankly  it is impossible for him  to be genuinely ill for that period, we have never experienced that.’

Dewani denies any involvement in the killing of 28-year-old Swedish national Anni, who was shot as the couple’s taxi was apparently car-jacked in the Gugulethu township in November 2010.

The South African government has made clear it is keen to have Dewani declared fit to stand trial for arranging the killing, after three men already jailed for the murder claimed they were offered £1,400 to carry out the crime.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 6 Apr - 11:38

Thanks, wtt.
At last, will we see justice for Anni?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 7 Apr - 10:22

Two hours till he's put-on the plane....anyone want to say anything to him?

Ok, I will.....you didn't get away with it, did you....why didn't you just call off the wedding and admit you weren't straight, but no, you would rather murder your beautiful wife and save face.....

Tara.........and good riddance.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 Apr - 10:31

Justice is a meal served cold , I hope Dewani's Family celebrate this day , it has taken a long time.

Just announced....he IS on his way to Capetown. LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 26 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 7 Apr - 21:39

Bye bye.......everybody wave, he's on the plane to justice.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 7 Apr - 21:41

Ta....rar........
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 7 Apr - 21:45

Him and pistorius should be sitting side by side in the dock.....snivelling in unison .

Hope they televise it.....watching him being wheeled in snivelling in his tissue.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26