Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footie Thread...................

+12
Panda
Claudia79
malena stool
Lillyofthevalley
chrissie
AnnaEsse
jd16
Fern
gillyspot
rammy2
halfamo
mara thon
16 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 Empty Re: Footie Thread...................

Post  jd16 Wed 2 Jan - 15:37

Lioned wrote:Has Zaha not gone yet ? Thought fergie was also interested in him ?

Apparently its between Man Utd and Spurs now they just said on the radio
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
Footie Thread................... - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Footie Thread................... - Page 20 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 Empty Re: Footie Thread...................

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 15:43

I dont think he's worth £10m,never played in Prem league it would be a bit of a risk at that price no matter how good he looks in Championship.My mates who watch at palace say he's been a bit off recently,though that can happen when you know your on the move.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Footie Thread................... - Page 20 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Footie Thread................... - Page 20 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 2 Jan - 15:43

cherry1 wrote:a nice vid on Spurs

This has really cheered me up...thank you Cherry. I remember being at the game for a lot of the goals

This is what I always loved about Spurs, trying to win with style!! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346 Even though we don't win that often Footie Thread................... - Page 20 389741
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 2 Jan - 15:50

Lioned wrote:I dont think he's worth £10m,never played in Prem league it would be a bit of a risk at that price no matter how good he looks in Championship.My mates who watch at palace say he's been a bit off recently,though that can happen when you know your on the move.

Pressure. Can he handle it? I don't know hardly anything about him except from whats been said about him, but I judge from Fergie as if he is willing to pay £10 million then he must be good

jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 15:55

He's very nippy and tricky but reminds me a bit of Theo Woolcott who i dont think has ever lived up to his early promise,not yet anyway.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 2 Jan - 15:58

jd16 wrote:
cherry1 wrote:a nice vid on Spurs

This has really cheered me up...thank you Cherry. I remember being at the game for a lot of the goals

This is what I always loved about Spurs, trying to win with style!! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346 Even though we don't win that often Footie Thread................... - Page 20 389741

Glad it cheered you up JD, trying to win - trying being the operative word! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 16:17

OK This should cheer us all up................

The first time a referee got 'miked up' at a football match,David Ellery was quite a character and didn't like Tony Adams calling him a cheat !
I was at this game and so was Brian Moore and the Big Match.The Old Den was a decrepit old place and nowhere to hide if you was famous.The TV gantry was set up on a bit of scaffold on the half way line and the only way to get up to it was up a ladder which was roped off at the bottom so fans weren't supposed to climb up it,but off course we did,and Brian Moore and the camera men had to 'run the gauntlet' through the fans to get up and down.
Me and my mates ,who are all a bit big,must have looked a little intimidating as poor Brian looked very worried when he turned up,he was fine after a bit of traditional banter.
Think Teddy Sherringham also played this game.

Think Arsenal ended up winning 2-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ruNosLNOE (there are some really funny moments in this)

Also cherry for you the last time Millwall played Arsenal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxJKACap2dU (I was standing under the clock for this one)

jd16. Sorry but i can't find a video of Millwall beating Spurs as i am not sure if British Pathe was recording in 1939...... Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 2 Jan - 17:49

That Ellery one was funny, Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124 players got a bit heated to say the least, and good to
see George Graham again.

I also noticed shorts were shorter then! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346

As for the other one, I dont think Millwall beat Arsenal many times Footie Thread................... - Page 20 36898

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 18:06

Actually considering that Millwall have pretty much always been a 'second tier' club their record against Arsenal is fairly respectable.
As for the Lions record against Spurs the less said the better.

You got to laugh at Ellerys confrontation with Adams,you can't help thinking that any player going off on one like that would normally get sent off but i think Ellery had a good lot of respect as one of the top Refs.And that was funny with George Graham at the end.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 2 Jan - 18:08

lioned what is the highest league Millwall have been in.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 21:04

Millwall have been in the premier league for two seasons 1988/89 (was still called div 1 in those days) Thats how come we was playing the Ar$e in that previous vid.Infact we was top of div one at some point in both seasons.As you can see in the 'Ellery' vid when they show the league table we did very well but never had enough money to keep the likes of Sherringham and Cascarino happy so inevitably dropped out.But a couple of years later they became the first club to build a brand new all seater stadium following the Taylor report.
The New Den was designed by the same architect as Rangers ground but a smaller version of it.
I still have a blue painted brick i took out the wall from the turnstiles at the old ground.
Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 2 Jan - 22:13

Thats a lovely momento to have but did you have to wipe the blood of it!

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 980535 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 130652 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 304205

I wish I had got some of the Highbury pitch!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 22:28

cherry1 wrote:Thats a lovely momento to have but did you have to wipe the blood of it!

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 980535 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 130652 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 304205

I wish I had got some of the Highbury pitch!

Funny you should say that as i was on my way back from a game at the new ground which is just round the corner from the old one.The builders were just starting to knock the old place down so it was all fenced off.The cops saw me climbing through the fence and coming out with a brick in me hand.
So what do you do when you see a Millwall fan with a brick in his hand..... Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124
Lucky some cops have a sense of hunour. Footie Thread................... - Page 20 613255 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 48510
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 2 Jan - 22:41

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 2 Jan - 23:37

Chelsea 0-1 QPR. Footie Thread................... - Page 20 771556

Couldnt find a flying pig ! Looks like Harry (my dogs got all my money) Redknap maybe doing a good job ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 3 Jan - 0:34

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 23324 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 23324 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 23324 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 23324 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 23324 Footie Thread................... - Page 20 23324

Well done Harry! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 3 Jan - 1:16

What a result Footie Thread................... - Page 20 873702
The mighty Spurs definite 3rd place now!! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 873702

Going to enjoy while I can. Bring on March v Arsenal Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 3 Jan - 1:18

Lioned wrote:Chelsea 0-1 QPR. Footie Thread................... - Page 20 771556

Couldnt find a flying pig ! Looks like Harry (my dogs got all my money) Redknap maybe doing a good job ?

Im sure he will bring in players who are up for a relegation fight, tonights 3 points was a huge bonus

Its always so nice to Chelsea lose Footie Thread................... - Page 20 873702
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 3 Jan - 1:57

Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124 I thought the result would make your day! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 3 Jan - 1:59

Enjoy, sorry its not in English but just seeing QPR score is enough Footie Thread................... - Page 20 25346

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 0:15

Sir Alex Ferguson accuses Tottenham over Zeki Fryers deal

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Tottenham of "blatant manipulation" over the signing of defender Zeki Fryers and wants the Premier League to investigate the deal.

Fryers left United for Standard Liege for a small compensation fee in August, after Spurs baulked at paying £6m.

But now Spurs have signed the 20-year-old from Standard for a reported £3m.

"I'm disappointed in Tottenham. Footie Thread................... - Page 20 157799 I think it's a blatant manipulation of the situation," said Ferguson.

"I think the league should look into it and I think they should stop his registration until they examine it." Footie Thread................... - Page 20 868596

However, United are yet to make a formal complaint Footie Thread................... - Page 20 645452 to the Premier League, who declined to comment on the matter. Footie Thread................... - Page 20 15327

Tottenham told BBC Sport that they only made a second approach for Fryers after being made aware that the player was "homesick" in Belgium.

A Spurs spokesman said: "Zeki enjoyed his time at Standard - however, when Standard sacked their manager in November Zeki wasn't part of the new manager's plans which he accepts and understands happens in football.

"Unfortunately, a combination of this and the fact he had become homesick meant he wanted to return to England.

"His representatives made contact with clubs in England. This afforded us a second opportunity to sign the player and as per Fifa's solidarity contribution mechanism, Manchester United will receive 5% of the transfer fee we have paid."

Standard Liege later issued a statement which read: "The young defender felt homesick and had difficulty acclimating to life away from home and family.

"So when the London club became interested we understood the situation and were not opposed to the return of the player in England."

The story dates back to pre-season when Fryers - capped by England at Under-16, 17 and 19 level - trained with Spurs with a view to a permanent move to White Hart Lane.

But under league rules for players under 23 who have rejected the offer of a new contract with their clubs, Tottenham - or any other English club - would have had to compensate United.

If no compensation fee were agreed, it would have been decided by a tribunal, with United reportedly holding out for £6m.

When Tottenham pulled out of the deal, Fryers was released to Liege for a smaller fee dictated by Fifa's compensation system.

"They tried to buy him from us at the end of last season," said Ferguson. "They then took him on trial and said they couldn't afford him and all of a sudden he signed for Standard Liege.

"I expected him to go to Tottenham in the January transfer window. The league should look into it."

Fryers, who made six appearances for Manchester United's first team, will initially link up with Spurs' development squad and provide cover for first choice left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 0:18

Arsenal got hard match with City on sunday Footie Thread................... - Page 20 497573

Monday QPR V Spurs, can they thrash Spurs like they thrashed Chelsea! Footie Thread................... - Page 20 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 0:26

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 0:29

an old one before I was born
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 5 Jan - 0:32

Have to say I like Mabbutt, and I also liked Perryman and Pratt
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next