Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleines DNA

5 posters

Go down

Madeleines DNA Empty Madeleines DNA

Post  BelEddie Fri 25 Nov - 11:18

I was reading the jillhaven forum and was somewhat amazed at this thread. From what I can make from it, it would appear that the apartment had NO MM's DNA.
Trouble is one keeps reading and ends up somewhat confused. Would someone tell me if I am correct, please.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3889-2-appendices-added-q-wants-to-know-why-none-of-madeleine-s-dna-was-found-in-apt-g5a-long
BelEddie
BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :
Madeleines DNA Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleines DNA Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Madeleines DNA Empty Re: Madeleines DNA

Post  Guest Fri 25 Nov - 12:22

That is what I understand too. Was not the reason given for Gerry having to return to England in late May 2007 that he had to bring something back with Madeleine's DNA on it? He also returned with the infamous poolside photo supposedly taken on 3rd May but that's another story! There was also next to nothing to suggest that the twins were ever there either.

Whatever happened to the clothes Madeleine was wearing in that photo and the one at the tennis court? Even if they had been washed, wouldn't they be of some use? Not to mention a good marketing ploy in that they could have been put on public display.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 25 Nov - 15:54

I think it highly unlikely her DNA was not in the apartment. It is also highly unlikely that extensive DNA swabs/samples were taken throughout the apartment to confirm absence. Certainly there is nothing in the files which suggests that. The "absence" of DNA is surely no more than that a DNA sample which was demonstrably hers was absent - ie something which could be used as a test comparative. That in itself might be considered odd but not quite the blanket claim that her DNA was absent.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Fri 25 Nov - 19:22

Trace evidence comparison, ie genetic material found at the scene of the crime is used to create genetic profiles in order to identify individuals. But before that can be done, where ever possible there needs to be a reference sample of the person they are comparing any samples to, otherwise they would have a batch of unidentified genetic / DNA samples.

In the case of missing persons it is important to have a genetic profile of the missing person otherwise any of the missing persons DNA which was gathered at the crime scene would be unidentifiable, consequently leaving a question mark as to who’s DNA it was they had found at the scene. Common sense really, not to mention that it is normal practice to create a genetic profile of the missing person when ever possible in a criminal investigation., it’s the first thing any criminal investigation into a missing person would do, again for very obvious reasons, should a body turn up and need to be eliminated from the enquiry or identified as being the missing person.

The only reference sample referred to in the files which could have been used to compare against any trace evidence found at the crime scenes appears to be the pillow case sample.

The blood sample came later once the analysis was done. - neither of these samples were compared to any reference samples found as a result of material used to create a genetic profile from samples found in the apartment - because there is nothing in the files to suggest a genetic profile was created from any trace evidence from the apt. or anything else belonging to the victim for that matter.

The procedure in the cases of missing persons (particularly those classified as high risk & vulnerable) includes capturing physical evidence which might assist in the identification and recovery of bodies for future enquiries into homicide.

This means obtaining identifying characteristics for reference from objects left behind, as well as fingerprints this includes any genetic/ biologicl material and hair samples, in this case over 200 were collected and none identified as belonging to the victim. This process is not simply collection, in other words investigative effort must be made and recorded to establish as far as possible the link between the recovery and the missing person. The most likely sources are;
DNA profiling – for this to happen the missing person must be considered the subject.
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Sat 26 Nov - 11:18

what i do wonder about this ...is what could he have possibly got from home ...that wasn't already in the apartment in portugal..

does anyone else remember the reports that he had actually come back to set up the fund legally in there names ....so as they were in total control of the Madeleines DNA 182123
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Nov - 11:28

I understand it was a pillow case that Gerry brought back from Rothley. As I've mentioned before, I wonder what happened to the outfits worn in the famous poolside and tennis court photos? Could they not be used or did they not really exist?

I don't know about the fund Xtina - that was registered in near record time on 15th May if I remember correctly, having only been thought up apparently by the people who went out to advise the McCanns over the weekend of 12th and 13th May, so Kate tells us in the book so it must be true!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Sat 26 Nov - 11:36

ye right Madeleines DNA 294124 we all have to believe the book ..not..

mm it seems a long way to go for a pillow case ...when there was one already there.....including as you mentioned other articles of clothing .. the outfit maddie would have wore that day...and not forgetting cuddle cat...thanks anyway... Not Born Yesterday
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Sat 26 Nov - 13:54

The only reason I can think of that the Police requested Gerry to home for something with Ms DNA on it was because they were there as a family and the police were having touble identifying Ms DNA from the rest of the family, as we are all well aware the DNA in family members is similar and it would be difficult to isolate an individual without a 'pure' sample especially if that individual was not there to give a sample.

Its a bit different from the normal scenario where a body is found and they can get DNA from it and the surrounding area and maybe that of any assailant/murderer. It would appear from the many photos that its was not uncommon for members of the family to wear each others clothes (so getting DNA from the clothes was not going to work), well the children wearing each other clothes really the thought of Gerry cross dressing is too terrifying to contemplate.

bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Sat 26 Nov - 20:28

bill516 wrote:The only reason I can think of that the Police requested Gerry to home for something with Ms DNA on it was because they were there as a family and the police were having touble identifying Ms DNA from the rest of the family, as we are all well aware the DNA in family members is similar and it would be difficult to isolate an individual without a 'pure' sample especially if that individual was not there to give a sample.

Its a bit different from the normal scenario where a body is found and they can get DNA from it and the surrounding area and maybe that of any assailant/murderer. It would appear from the many photos that its was not uncommon for members of the family to wear each others clothes (so getting DNA from the clothes was not going to work), well the children wearing each other clothes really the thought of Gerry cross dressing is too terrifying to contemplate.

Though most of madeleines clothing would I doubt have fitted her younger sister. They would have also been able to eliminate any questionable samples as they had profile samples of the twins & parents.
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content