Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has any one ever seen this video???

+12
Badboy
Jean-Luc
Angelique
Panda
duncanmac
Oldartform
maebee
NoStone
kathybelle
marxman
Justiceforallkids
ann_chovey
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

has any one  ever seen this video??? Empty has any one ever seen this video???

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 9 Dec - 13:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVh2upGWA-I&feature=related

imo that was one time early on that gerry really did sound distressed
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
has any one  ever seen this video??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100has any one  ever seen this video??? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

has any one  ever seen this video??? Empty Re: has any one ever seen this video???

Post  duncanmac Fri 9 Dec - 13:30

Yes, could not say anything from the heart though, had to read it from a script to avoid any slip up.
This was very early on, the fear they show is the fear of being found out. This turned to smiles and confidence as they realised they may have pulled it off, the fear returned when they were made arguidos.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
has any one  ever seen this video??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100has any one  ever seen this video??? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

has any one  ever seen this video??? Empty Re: has any one ever seen this video???

Post  ann_chovey Fri 9 Dec - 13:38

That was I believe filmed around 9.30 p.m. of the Friday 4th May. When finished they turn and descend some stairs, Gerry clearly showing the watch which I have never seen him without, contrary to Clarence's 'they hadn't mobiles or watches'. Pfft!!!
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 9 Dec - 13:44

ann_chovey wrote:
That was I believe filmed around 9.30 p.m. of the Friday 4th May. When finished they turn and descend some stairs, Gerry clearly showing the watch which I have never seen him without, contrary to Clarence's 'they hadn't mobiles or watches'. Pfft!!!

gerry sounded upset but also you could hear anger in his voice too imo
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 9 Dec - 14:05

To me, the reading from a script makes it seem like an acting role and not genuine emotion about something real.

I take Clarence's remark about nobody having watches and mobiles to relate only to the fateful evening of 3rd May, not that they didn't have them at all. Not of course that anyone will believe that the McCanns and their friends would have gone out without watches and mobiles; complete nonsense.

I like the bit at the end about being given privacy to allow them to continue assisting the police with their investigations - along with searching with Madeleine, when did they actually start doing that?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 9 Dec - 14:15

Not Born Yesterday wrote:To me, the reading from a script makes it seem like an acting role and not genuine emotion about something real.

I take Clarence's remark about nobody having watches and mobiles to relate only to the fateful evening of 3rd May, not that they didn't have them at all. Not of course that anyone will believe that the McCanns and their friends would have gone out without watches and mobiles; complete nonsense.

I like the bit at the end about being given privacy to allow them to continue assisting the police with their investigations - along with searching with Madeleine, when did they actually start doing that?!

It seemed like playing a role to me too. While he was reading from his piece of paper, he didn't have to look at anyone. Also, his voice cracked in places, but never sounded like it was about to break.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 9 Dec - 15:55

Notice also the use of props.
Kate with Cuddlekat, seeking to provide comfort?
Gerry with boy-scout torch giving the impression
that they are searching?
A very badly stage managed stunt I think.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 9 Dec - 16:13

They look very tired, which is expected, after all they had been up all night phoning their family and friends selling the abduction fairy story.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 9 Dec - 16:21

marxman wrote:Notice also the use of props.
Kate with Cuddlekat, seeking to provide comfort?
Gerry with boy-scout torch giving the impression
that they are searching?
A very badly stage managed stunt I think.

marxman
Yes, but looking back, you can see that they were given precise instructions can't you?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 9 Dec - 20:03

Justiceforallkids wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVh2upGWA-I&feature=related

imo that was one time early on that gerry really did sound distressed

Gerry should have won an oscar for that performance. He says words cannot describe the anguish and the despair they are feeling as the parents of their beautiful daughter Madeleine. Words cannot describe how I felt, when Gerry said losing Madeleine, was like being at the end of his student loan. I felt the same,when Gerry said nothing of any value was taken from their apartment, on the night Madeleine was "abducted," he said all their valuables were locked in the safe. His big sister Philomena, reiterated his words, in one of her many media interviews.

Anyway to get back to Gerry's Oscar winning performance, he didn't explain why they were experiencing anguish and despair. It couldn't have been because Madeleine had gone missing, because for reasons best known to themselves, they didn't look for her.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 9 Dec - 20:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZILWgblpU&feature=related

I've just noticed RM is alongside Kate and Matt at 2.48 in this video (same Navy blue T shirt with white piping as shown at 2.15). I don't know what, if any, relevance this has to anything, but I was surprised to see this moment captured on camera.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 9 Dec - 23:35

Wintabells: I think that this man is more likely to be David Payne than Robert Murat. Here's a link to the McCann Files sites which has photos of them both.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id218.html

P.S. Even better link from Pamalam added. I like the first image where one person changes to the other and back again!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PAYNEMURAT.htm

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sat 10 Dec - 0:08; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 10 Dec - 0:06

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Wintabells: I think that this man is more likely to be David Payne than Robert Murat. Here's a link to the McCann Files sites which has photos of them both.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id218.html

I'm afraid I have to disagree. The person I believe to be RM is wearing the same navy T-shirt with white edging in both shots noted within the video I linked.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 10 Dec - 0:15

Some good observations on this. Do you notice how Kate is cowering - trying to shrink away into herself - stands there and then is led away like a child by Gerald without uttering a word!!??

Also notice the Mc @ trade mark - Gerry putting his arm around Kate - for a second or two -(like he read that as a que from the card - put arm round Kate)

- he/they continue to try and give this image of togetherness and it is repeated time and time again as is the 'hand in hand' body language - the arm around Kate @trade mark was it was even repeated for the benefit of us all at the Leveson inquiry ----so united are they not?

--All In all - little by way of natural emotion - Kate should be foaming at the mouth saying which F***ing T**ser has taken my child - we now she can be viscious like that she has told us so - she can be like that against policemen with dogs but not 'abductors' ?

- instead she shrinks into a guilty little girl - not a concerned mother.

Last edited by NoStone on Sat 10 Dec - 0:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Dec - 9:15

Wintabells, I agree that it is likely to be the same man who appears twice in the video and, being more awake than I was last night, I now don't think it is David Payne as, to be blunt, the one in the video has a better head of hair! Whether it is Robert Murat who knows? There is a lot I feel that is yet to be revealed about his role in this story.

It is disturbing to be reminded of how soon after 3rd May the BBC was plugging the "abduction" fantasy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sat 10 Dec - 12:33

That is definitely RM. He can be seen clearly earlier in the clip at 2.15 and is wearing that dark T Shirt with white borders.. The chances of DP having the same T Shirt on the same day is improbable
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 10 Dec - 18:39

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Wintabells, I agree that it is likely to be the same man who appears twice in the video and, being more awake than I was last night, I now don't think it is David Payne as, to be blunt, the one in the video has a better head of hair! Whether it is Robert Murat who knows? There is a lot I feel that is yet to be revealed about his role in this story.

It is disturbing to be reminded of how soon after 3rd May the BBC was plugging the "abduction" fantasy.

Hi NBY. Sorry, I didn't realise you weren't querying whether it was the same man in both appearances within the video... but anyway... I am 100% certain that at 2.15 it's RM, but I can't be certain that at 2.48 it is, but given the T shirt is the same as well as other aspects, I was just pointing out really, how odd it is to see RM in such proximity to Team McC.

(apologies for discussing this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZILWgblpU&feature=related - as opposed to the subject of this post)

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 10 Dec - 18:42

duncanmac wrote:That is definitely RM. He can be seen clearly earlier in the clip at 2.15 and is wearing that dark T Shirt with white borders.. The chances of DP having the same T Shirt on the same day is improbable

Hi Duncmac - yes, good point. It's RM in both places, I'm sure.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Dec - 19:02

Robert Murat was used by the Portuguese police as an interpreter (and he translated some of the McCann friends' initial statements if I remember rightly) so it's likely that he was there in that capacity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 10 Dec - 19:40

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Robert Murat was used by the Portuguese police as an interpreter (and he translated some of the McCann friends' initial statements if I remember rightly) so it's likely that he was there in that capacity.

Oh yes...I completely agree and understand why he'd be there. My only point in noting his proximity to the queen of Team McC in this footage is that they've always been so coy about their exposure to the man they went on to try to implicate in M's disappearance, yet here were have photographic evidence that he was physically very close to the group in those early days, standing, for example, more or less right beside Kate. There's probably nothing to discuss here... I was just surprised to see him in that shot - quite a famous shot of Kate receiving 'that little bit of comfort' from MO - where normally the image has him cropped out.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sat 10 Dec - 20:06

This must be the only time GM referred to Madeleine's "disappearance" rather than "abduction".

Also, the bit at the end about being given privacy to allow them to continue assisting the police with their investigations =
"Please give us privacy to grieve", imo.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sat 10 Dec - 21:35

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It is disturbing to be reminded of how soon after 3rd May the BBC was plugging the "abduction" fantasy.

But it was made clear by the presenter `that the parents have said` which you wouldn`t get these days.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Dec - 23:01

Apologies for posting a link to this video again but it shows Gerry's very odd reaction to being asked if he knew Robert Murat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qNhoWz0rQw

Perish the thought that Gerry has anything to hide!

has any one  ever seen this video??? 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Luc Tue 13 Dec - 3:02

Wintabells wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZILWgblpU&feature=related

I've just noticed RM is alongside Kate and Matt at 2.48 in this video (same Navy blue T shirt with white piping as shown at 2.15). I don't know what, if any, relevance this has to anything, but I was surprised to see this moment captured on camera.

Yes Wintabells, this is Robert Murat. He can also be seen walking along the street at 1:53 beside what looks like the 'playground mystery man'. I'm not sure but I beleive someone have said that he was a policeman. However if this is the case it would be normal for him to be present in this video, being involved in the investigation. The question is why would he be present in still photos BEFORE Madeleine disappeared.
Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 148
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 13 Dec - 8:07

The question is why would he be present in still photos BEFORE Madeleine disappeared.
[/quote]

And why was he in the UK at the start of the holiday, but got a quickly arrnged flight to PT a few days into the Macs holiday ?
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next