Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Maddie a foster-child?

+13
pennylane
Wintabells
gillyspot
kitti
Autumn
Lillyofthevalley
kathybelle
Lioned
Panda
mossman
chrissie
Justiceforallkids
duncanmac
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was Maddie a foster-child?

Post  Wintabells Tue 17 Jan - 18:38

I suspect there were problems once the twins arrived. Didn't Kate say somewhere that Madeleine wasn't happy about her feeding the twins and would scream and cry and make it impossible? I guess this is all normal enough behaviour on the arrival of a rival or rivals, but depending on how extreme it was, it could have created enormous tension and upset all round. I have one child only, but boy was she possessive of me - to the extent that at age 2, she launched a thick, hard, plastic toy at the head of my friend's baby because I had her on my lap (it missed). My friend and I were convinced I'd produced the spawn of the devil, but she seems to have grown into a perfectly wonderful 18 year old now (phew).

I think first borns can be very, very jealous of younger siblings, to the extent that they can be actively violent towards them. (I couldn't help but hold my breath when I watched that Christmas present opening video where M pushed S along in some kind of trolley.) Maybe there was some kind of 'incident' of this nature on the evening of May 3rd, pre-dinner, which led to some kind of fatal accident?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 17 Jan - 18:51

Again, pure speculation, but in days-gone-bye Irish/Scotish
families tended to farm difficult children out to kinfolk, namely
grandparents, for long spells until a solution was found.
Many children found themselves living with extended family
members due to strife and domestic upheaval within unhappy
and violent partnerships. It was accepted as routine.
Many youngsters were raised by grandparents and it was
considered by all concerned as 'normal.'
Would it be possible that Madeliene was living with a grandparent,
hense, xmas away from her siblings and parents?
This holiday in PDL was maybe a 'treat' for them all to
spend time as a complete family unit?
Maybe, Madeleine was unsettled by this arrangement
and found it hard to manage this unnatural and planned
situation by people she regarded as strangers?

But, as I say, this is pure speculation.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 17 Jan - 19:00

It would caertainly explain the "spare place at the dinner table".

Not Madeleine's place, or even an empty place, but a spare place.

It's a very odd turn of phrase to use about somebody who is supposed to be there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 17 Jan - 19:06

The mccanns had a very strange attitude to child care so it wouldn't be suprising to find they have a similiar strange attitude to family values.Also it seems to me they aspire to things above their station,like the old fashioned 'Gentry'.So farming out children that are difficult would be common place i would have thought.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 17 Jan - 19:09

Iris wrote:It would caertainly explain the "spare place at the dinner table". Not Madeleine's place, or even an empty place, but a spare place. It's a very odd turn of phrase to use about somebody who is supposed to be there.

Indeed Iris, 'spare' denotes to me something over, surplus to requirements.
As in 'spare wheel', existing incase needed or required. A dreadfull description
for a child missing from a dinner table.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 17 Jan - 19:24

Lioned wrote:The mccanns had a very strange attitude to child care so it wouldn't be suprising to find they have a similiar strange attitude to family values.Also it seems to me they aspire to things above their station,like the old fashioned 'Gentry'.So farming out children that are difficult would be common place i would have thought.

Hi Lioned, but what if, it was not the child that had any fault but was a by-product
of something sinister or abusive within a sourful and bitter relationship?
N/b, Kate remained Healy until 3rd May, then she became McCann. I would consider
this from gerry's old fashioned values a humiliating snub, until the 3rd May.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 17 Jan - 19:56

Autumn wrote:Morning Marxman and Kitti

It certainly comes over that Madeleine was treated differently to the twins and in some way, set apart from the family. some of the comments following her disappearance were downright nasty - which relative said 'that child could throw a tantrum'? What a horrible thing for a relative to say under the circumstances!

Making Madeline a ward of court only weeks after her disappearance was a very strange thing to do and not something normal parents would have considered, even if it had been suggested to them. At a time when they were allegedly desperate to get her back, the McCanns made her a ward of court and literally 'gave her away!

It sounds like another way for them to try and access the PJ's evidence against them, which seems to be their major concern.

From The Telegraph 20 Jun 2008
The McCanns hope their application to Mrs Justice Hogg will result in Leicestershire Police opening their files on scores of reported sightings of Madeleine, most of which have been passed on to them by police in Portugal, where the four-year-old disappeared in May last year.

Never about Madeleine, always about themselves.

In the early interviews that that the McCanns family made, they spent more time defending Madeleine's useless parents, than they did speaking about Madeleine. When they did speak about her, she was referred to many times, as that child or that girl and it was either Philomena McCann or her mother, who said "That child could throw a tantrum" she said it only a short time after Madeleine disappeared. Kate's mother, said that Madeleine was a very difficult child, she said she had to go down to Rothley because Kate was finding it very hard to control her. Kate said that when the twins were born, Madeleine used to scream for her attention and she would try to get on her knee when she was feeding the twins.

FGS what is wrong with these people? Madeleine was only a baby when the twins were born, it's only natural that she would want her mother's attention, when the twins were born. Gerry was asked to describe Madeleine and he laughed when he said she had her mother's looks, but his personality, or words to that effect.

Judging by the McCanns conduct, since Madeleine disappeared, it seems like she wasn't wanted. If she had been abducted or walked out of the apartment to find her parents, she wasn't even worthy of a search. Shortly after the McCanns arrived home, after fleeing PDL, Gerry McCann gave an interview to the media. One of the things he said was, "We have the twins to consider, we are now a family" I thought that was a very strange thing for him to say, because they still a family when Madeleine was around, whether she was wanted or not.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 17 Jan - 20:09

I don't care if anyone believes me or not, but I am standing by the World News presenter, who said that Kate McCann suffered from Asperger Syndrome and she was asked in the police station if she had given Madeleine, her medication instead of Madeleine's. I read that children who have a coloboma can suffer from heart and kidney problems, as well as autism and stunted growth. I'm not saying Madeleine suffered from any of those problems, but she was on medication for something, whether it was because she had a coloboma or not.

I also looked on the internet, to see if Madeleine was autistic and while I found many links where they hinted she was autistic, there was no proper information. I found a link to autism and Madeleine's Aunt Patricia was asking for donations to the fund to find Madeleine, although she didn't say Madeleine was or wasn't autistic.

Whether Madeleine had health problems or behavioural problems or not, I don't believe she was wanted by the McCanns and if her extended family loved her, they would have been on the first available flight to the Algarve. Gerry's two sisters and his brother, were sitting on the GMTV couch, 3 days after Madeleine went missing, talking about raising money to find her.

The lot of them disgust me and so do the people who keep saying the McCanns are innocent.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 17 Jan - 20:44

kathybelle wrote:I don't care if anyone believes me or not, but I am standing by the World News presenter, who said that Kate McCann suffered from Asperger Syndrome and she was asked in the police station if she had given Madeleine, her medication instead of Madeleine's. I read that children who have a coloboma can suffer from heart and kidney problems, as well as autism and stunted growth. I'm not saying Madeleine suffered from any of those problems, but she was on medication for something, whether it was because she had a coloboma or not.

I also looked on the internet, to see if Madeleine was autistic and while I found many links where they hinted she was autistic, there was no proper information. I found a link to autism and Madeleine's Aunt Patricia was asking for donations to the fund to find Madeleine, although she didn't say Madeleine was or wasn't autistic.

Whether Madeleine had health problems or behavioural problems or not, I don't believe she was wanted by the McCanns and if her extended family loved her, they would have been on the first available flight to the Algarve. Gerry's two sisters and his brother, were sitting on the GMTV couch, 3 days after Madeleine went missing, talking about raising money to find her.

The lot of them disgust me and so do the people who keep saying the McCanns are innocent.

Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 307691 Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 307691
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 17 Jan - 20:52

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I don't care if anyone believes me or not, but I am standing by the World News presenter, who said that Kate McCann suffered from Asperger Syndrome and she was asked in the police station if she had given Madeleine, her medication instead of Madeleine's. I read that children who have a coloboma can suffer from heart and kidney problems, as well as autism and stunted growth. I'm not saying Madeleine suffered from any of those problems, but she was on medication for something, whether it was because she had a coloboma or not.

Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 307691 Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 307691

I agree with every word of that Kathybelle, what a disgraceful family they are. There doesn't seem to be one genuinely caring family member who is willing to do the decent thing and speak up for Madeleine.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 17 Jan - 21:24

I think Madeleine adored her father and perhaps was a child that cried when he left the house and Gerry McCann spent a lot off time at work but it's not as if kate McCann was with them 24/7....madeleine was at the nursery 2-3 days and the twins 1-2 days and KM worked for 21/2 says a week and when they got home it was tea then bed.

I noticed that Madeleine spent more time in the nursery than the twins at home.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 17 Jan - 21:55

Hi Kitti I looked at the Rothley childworkers statements and they were clear that Madeleine was dropped off around 8.30 am and picked up about 5pm on 3 days a week. Showing that Kate had 1 1/2 days a week with the twins at home whilst M was at nursery.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 18 Jan - 0:58

gillyspot wrote:Hi Kitti I looked at the Rothley childworkers statements and they were clear that Madeleine was dropped off around 8.30 am and picked up about 5pm on 3 days a week. Showing that Kate had 1 1/2 days a week with the twins at home whilst M was at nursery.

Wow, that's an incredibly long day for a three year old. What did the twins do when Kate was at work, part-time, issuing countless death certificates?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 12:19

Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 23324 Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 613255

Oh dear! I tried reading a post on a weird, 'dark side,' forum and had to stop! It was so hilarious. The question about Madeleine being fostered/cared for by a relative amongst those the PJ asked Kate? Shouldn't have been there and showed Amaral's hatred of women, probably his own mother! When I got to there, I had to stop before I choked! Oh dear! Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 18 Jan - 12:39

AnnaEsse wrote: Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 23324 Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 613255

Oh dear! I tried reading a post on a weird, 'dark side,' forum and had to stop! It was so hilarious. The question about Madeleine being fostered/cared for by a relative amongst those the PJ asked Kate? Shouldn't have been there and showed Amaral's hatred of women, probably his own mother! When I got to there, I had to stop before I choked! Oh dear! Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 294124

Good grief! Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 847843

One would think such deeply suspicious minds would be gravely concerned by the McCanns and Jane Tanner's obscenely daft version of events of the night Madeleine disappeared! Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 678246
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 18 Jan - 13:55

AnnaEsse wrote: Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 23324 Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 613255

Where's the evidence to suggest Amarals hatred of women? Did his own mother put him up for adoption or fostering?

Psychology isn't one of their strongest points. Was Maddie a foster-child? - Page 2 294124
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 18 Jan - 14:09

[quote="kathybelle"]
Autumn wrote:Morning Marxman and Kitti

It certainly comes over that Madeleine was treated differently to the twins and in some way, set apart from the family. some of the comments following her disappearance were downright nasty - which relative said 'that child could throw a tantrum'? What a horrible thing for a relative to say under the circumstances!

Making Madeline a ward of court only weeks after her disappearance was a very strange thing to do and not something normal parents would have considered, even if it had been suggested to them. At a time when they were allegedly desperate to get her back, the McCanns made her a ward of court and literally 'gave her away!

It sounds like another way for them to try and access the PJ's evidence against them, which seems to be their major concern.

From The Telegraph 20 Jun 2008
The McCanns hope their application to Mrs Justice Hogg will result in Leicestershire Police opening their files on scores of reported sightings of Madeleine, most of which have been passed on to them by police in Portugal, where the four-year-old disappeared in May last year.

Never about Madeleine, always about themselves.

In the early interviews that that the McCanns family made, they spent more time defending Madeleine's useless parents, than they did speaking about Madeleine. When they did speak about her, she was referred to many times, as that child or that girl and it was either Philomena McCann or her mother, who said "That child could throw a tantrum" she said it only a short time after Madeleine disappeared. Kate's mother, said that Madeleine was a very difficult child, she said she had to go down to Rothley because Kate was finding it very hard to control her. Kate said that when the twins were born, Madeleine used to scream for her attention and she would try to get on her knee when she was feeding the twins.

FGS what is wrong with these people? Madeleine was only a baby when the twins were born, it's only natural that she would want her mother's attention, when the twins were born. Gerry was asked to describe Madeleine and he laughed when he said she had her mother's looks, but his personality, or words to that effect.

Judging by the McCanns conduct, since Madeleine disappeared, it seems like she wasn't wanted. If she had been abducted or walked out of the apartment to find her parents, she wasn't even worthy of a search. Shortly after the McCanns arrived home, after fleeing PDL, Gerry McCann gave an interview to the media. One of the things he said was, "We have the twins to consider, we are now a family" I thought that was a very strange thing for him to say, because they still a family when Madeleine was around, whether she was wanted or not. [/quote

I have thought for a long time that she wasn't a wanted child, more a trophy child. Every one of their friends had children and they didn't want to be left out. I feel that her missing is no big deal, it is just a little problem sorted. Didn't Gerry say also " We have our own children to think of" of words to that effect before he quickly corrected himself .
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 18 Jan - 19:49

How old was Gerry and Kate when they
had Madeliene? Am I correct in thinking
they were both in their mid-thirties?
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 19:52

marxman wrote:How old was Gerry and Kate when they

I seem to recall that they were both 39 when Madeleine disappeared.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 18 Jan - 20:21

AnnaEsse wrote:
marxman wrote:How old was Gerry and Kate when they

I seem to recall that they were both 39 when Madeleine disappeared.

Aaaah cheers AnnEsse, so they were both 'getting on a bit'
when they had Madeliene? Say 35ish....
(I was a grandfather at 39, but thats another story!)
But I'm sure that having a child was Kate's goal at her time
of life, and it came with an almighty awakening and with a large dose of life change
and responsibility which shook their social and mental wiring!
then came the twins!

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2