Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trial

+20
AnnaEsse
gillyspot
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Chris
matthew
Loveday
kathybelle
Carolina
whatsupdoc
ShabbyTiger
jay2001
Oldartform
NoStone
margaret
marxman
Annabel
Bobsy
frencheuropean
Keela
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Trial - Page 3 Empty Re: The Trial

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Jan - 19:46

Carolina wrote:I remember all the assumptions and rumours and stress when the book ban hearing postponed because GA's lawyer was quarantined due to the bird flu. It was nothing.

Thanks for the reminder, Carolina.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The Trial - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Trial - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:47

Loveday wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Loveday wrote:Gutted. WTF is going on? Bet Pat cancels now too. Pros are going to love this.

Why are you gutted and why would they love this?

Well it's human nature isn't it. One anticipates something and is disappointed at any impediment or reprieve.

The pros will see it as an indication of weakness, retreat or lack of preparation. And they won't give a toss if it's commonplace in Portugal or not.

But why is their reaction important? What they think (or what they want us to think is what they think) has no bearing in the truth. And they certainly aren't as well informed as they would wish or they would be discussing details it seems they have no idea about.
I can understand the disappointment because of the anticipation especially for someone who isn't used to the way things happen here. But I think people should get used to it. It's more likely than not to happen again. In this trials, with other trials related to this case or simply with trial sessions.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
The Trial - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Trial - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:47

Carolina wrote:I remember all the assumptions and rumours and stress when the book ban hearing postponed because GA's lawyer was quarantined due to the bird flu. It was nothing.

No, it wasn't. But it could have been. Bird flu! The Trial - Page 3 294124

ETA: Thinking of it, I think it was swine flu, wasn't it? I even got vaccinated!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 20 Jan - 19:49

I didn't say their reaction was important. It's merely an observation.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:50

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:People seem to be taking this postponement very seriously and I think that's because we live in different realities re legal matters. Dozens of postponements happens in this country everyday. It's more than natural. Annoying but so common it isn't even news. Several people emailed me to ask for information re the trial. When would it be, where, where they could stay, etc. I always replied telling people to be aware that things could change at the last minute. This postponement was actually decided quite before the date the trial was supposed to happen. Wouldn't be admired if there were more postponements for whichever reason (GA's side, McCann's side, lawyers' issues or things related to the trial itself.) Anyone living in this country for a couple of years know how these things (don't) work.

Thank you Claudia. I see no reason why anyone should be taking this as something unusual or negative, from what you have said.

No. Not unusual or negative at all. And not positive either. Just a common thing here. It's annoying and makes things take toooo long. But it's our reality.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:51

Loveday wrote:I didn't say their reaction was important. It's merely an observation.

OK. It's just that I don't give a toss what they say because it's, well, rubbish 95% of the time.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Jan - 19:52

Loveday wrote:I didn't say their reaction was important. It's merely an observation.

Well, whatever they think, doesn't matter to us. It may matter to those they are libeling, but that's the pros lookout!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jan - 19:52

Loveday wrote:Gutted. WTF is going on? Bet Pat cancels now too. Pros are going to love this.

Really? This is perfectly routine, shifting Court Hearings for all sorts of logistical and administrative reasons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 20 Jan - 20:05

I keep reading that the postponement of the case is a rumour. I've just had a look at the Portuguese News online and there is nothing about it on there. I put Goncalo Amaral's name in the search box, but nothing came up. Maybe there is a news blackout and that is why people think it is only a rumour.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 20:15

kathybelle wrote:

I keep reading that the postponement of the case is a rumour. I've just had a look at the Portuguese News online and there is nothing about it on there. I put Goncalo Amaral's name in the search box, but nothing came up. Maybe there is a news blackout and that is why people think it is only a rumour.

There is no news blackout at all. That is simply not newsworthy in this country. And if it ever becomes news it's only because the McCanns are involved in the case and instruct their entourage to make it news. If all trial postponements were news, newspapers would not have the time and space to write about anything else.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 20 Jan - 20:21

The End Is Nigh wrote:

Really? This is perfectly routine, shifting Court Hearings for all sorts of logistical and administrative reasons.

I want my trial NOW goddammit!!!!
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jan - 20:22

It is not substantially different in the UK - I used to go to Criminal, Coroner's and Civil Courts very frequently indeed and it was a nightmare trying to plan in other duties owing to all the postponements.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jan - 20:24

Loveday wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:

The Trial - Page 3 23324 Calm Down, Dear, It's only one further potential nail in the Coffin The Trial - Page 3 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 20 Jan - 20:25

Patience patience...we have all waited nearly 5 years for the truth to be public...i hope this isnt half time though...or worse... The Trial - Page 3 868596 The Trial - Page 3 284844
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 20 Jan - 20:25

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Loveday wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:

The Trial - Page 3 23324 Calm Down, Dear, It's only one further potential nail in the Coffin The Trial - Page 3 23324

I'll be in my coffin first at this rate.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 20:28

matthew wrote:Patience patience...we have all waited nearly 5 years for the truth to be public...i hope this isnt half time though...or worse... The Trial - Page 3 868596 The Trial - Page 3 284844

Unless something spectacular happens and I find it very unlikely, this trial will not make the truth public and will not solve this case. It may, however, interfere with some people's businesses, let's call it that.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 20 Jan - 20:30

Claudia79 wrote:
matthew wrote:Patience patience...we have all waited nearly 5 years for the truth to be public...i hope this isnt half time though...or worse... The Trial - Page 3 868596 The Trial - Page 3 284844

Unless something spectacular happens and I find it very unlikely, this trial will not make the truth public and will not solve this case. It may, however, interfere with some people's businesses, let's call it that.

I agree.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 20 Jan - 20:36

I think some thought this libel would be a trial v mccanns...me included sometimes...Im afraid the sy review is... at the moment, all we have to rely on...
just tweeted pat brown to ask about her planned trip in feb...wait & see
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 20:38

And, of course, it may open a Pandora's box if it goes a certain way. And that will cause panic in certain places.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jan - 20:49

Claudia79 wrote:And, of course, it may open a Pandora's box if it goes a certain way. And that will cause panic in certain places.

Not here, though, I'll warrant .................... The Trial - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 20 Jan - 20:57

The End Is Nigh wrote:It is not substantially different in the UK - I used to go to Criminal, Coroner's and Civil Courts very frequently indeed and it was a nightmare trying to plan in other duties owing to all the postponements.

Quite right. One trial I was following was on the court list to start in January last year. It finally started in November after a couple of postponements.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 20:59

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:And, of course, it may open a Pandora's box if it goes a certain way. And that will cause panic in certain places.

Oh, here too. Amongst the 'sleepers'.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Jan - 21:06

Claudia79 wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:

Oh, here too. Amongst the 'sleepers'.

Ah, yes, those who cannot tell black from white (Or, more likely, they can but choose to not to)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 20 Jan - 21:54

ShabbyTiger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

To be fair to me Claudia I didn't know you were Portuguese and in my previous post, I did say if there was a Portuguese poster on here, maybe they could say if it was true. Also when I made my post, it was after I saw your post, where you just said it's been postponed. You have now said you confirmed with G.A. who I presume is Goncalo Amaral, well why on earth didn't you say that in the first place. I am not the only poster who has questioned whether the case was postponed or not.

By the way Claudia there is nothing wrong in asking for links to be put on here. Some of my posts are questioned and while I will try to put links on here, to prove that what I have said is true, I don't always manage it. I don't understand why you have added Proud Portuguese citizen, maybe you have been offended because I questioned the authenticity of the postponement of the case.

For what it's worth I am proud to be British most of the time, but when I see someone being unfairly treated by the British justice system, I feel ashamed to be British.

This post is unfair to Claudia... Claudia brings us valuable news from Portugal. No need for this post.

Yes Im disapointed as alot of posters on here will be, if this was explained in more detail in the beggining by claudia this wouldn't have happened, mistakes on both side me thinks.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 22:20

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
ShabbyTiger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

To be fair to me Claudia I didn't know you were Portuguese and in my previous post, I did say if there was a Portuguese poster on here, maybe they could say if it was true. Also when I made my post, it was after I saw your post, where you just said it's been postponed. You have now said you confirmed with G.A. who I presume is Goncalo Amaral, well why on earth didn't you say that in the first place. I am not the only poster who has questioned whether the case was postponed or not.

By the way Claudia there is nothing wrong in asking for links to be put on here. Some of my posts are questioned and while I will try to put links on here, to prove that what I have said is true, I don't always manage it. I don't understand why you have added Proud Portuguese citizen, maybe you have been offended because I questioned the authenticity of the postponement of the case.

For what it's worth I am proud to be British most of the time, but when I see someone being unfairly treated by the British justice system, I feel ashamed to be British.

This post is unfair to Claudia... Claudia brings us valuable news from Portugal. No need for this post.

Yes Im disapointed as alot of posters on here will be, if this was explained in more detail in the beggining by claudia this wouldn't have happened, mistakes on both side me thinks.

Lilly, I don't have to explain anything. I post if I think I should post. Posters believe me or don't believe me. It's their choice. I only confirmed it 2 or 3 minutes before I posted it here. In this case, I wasn't asked secrecy. Other times, I was. When I am asked secrecy, I always keep my promise. That means one of two things. I keep it to myself or I share it without a source and wait for people to believe me. When I decide to share it it's usually because people are speculating and unfounded rumours are circulating. I think I should stop caring about the rumours and keep things more to myself. It's safer that way, it seems.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next