Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Brown

+73
marxman
LJC
pennylane
NoStone
Loopdaloop
T4two
kathybelle
almostgothic
Annabel
matthew
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
Angelique
Bobsy
mossman
ELI
Wintabells
Angelina
Oldartform
chrissie
Sara_Rose_
tanszi
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
mariang
Autumn
Christine
oversoon
Karen
ProfessorPlum
fred
Sunflower27
jd16
Lioned
MaryB
kitti
maebee
mummy45
margaret
Panda
SteveT
JOHNFRANCIS
duncanmac
pamalam
chrissie1
HiDeHo
frencheuropean
dazedandconfused
wjk
AspieDistra
jay2001
gillyspot
Carolina
Velvet
amber
mumbles
nospinnaker
ann_chovey
Chris
Bebootje
bootsy
cherry1
cass
C.Edwards
humanist
Krisy22
jeanmonroe
dutchclogs
maive
the slave
mahlersghost
snowflake
Navigator
77 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Pat Brown - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Brown

Post  the slave Tue 31 Jan - 23:39

mahlersghost wrote:While the UK is in a tizz about its news media and what it can or cannot write thank goodness that this case has a American ally to try to see through the murky waters. The worst scenario was for the McCanns to get under the skin of someone who has a proven track record in investigating criminal activity - and they did it.

It was bad enough for them that Dr Amaral is so tenacious - he could have rolled over and thought enough is enough but he is sticking to his guns. The problem for Dr Amaral and others looking to find the truth is that they are up against more than the McCanns. The Rogatory Interviews alone should have given a normal investigation carte blanche to really test the Tapas 7 statements. Some of the answers given were, for me, totally unintelligible (deliberately I hope or there is much remedial English therapy needed in a group of British born doctors), and often puerile showing scant regard for Madeleine. Sometimes I think the whole case is a bad dream and that it never happened because the truth of what happened to a young girl has been subordinated to something frankly quite sinister, in my opinion, based on what I have read from the portion of official documents released.

If nothing else I'm sure that Pat Brown will do her very best to try to figure out what may have happened.

Sorry if I moved of the point of the thread somewhat.

Nice post!
Every time I get a bit down about this hideous charade that is now almost 5 years long, I re-read the rogatories and I KNOW the police KNOW they're lying.
Kate has since written her own account which she can never refute. There are countless interviews that betray them.
Patience is a virtue and Dr.Amaral has it in spades.
The truth can never be hidden forever.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :
Pat Brown - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat Brown - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Wed 1 Feb - 1:49

[quote="the slave] Nice post! Every time I get a bit down about this hideous charade that is now almost 5 years long, I re-read the rogatories and I KNOW the police KNOW they're lying. Kate has since written her own account which she can never refute. There are countless interviews that betray them. Patience is a virtue and Dr.Amaral has it in spades. The truth can never be hidden forever.[/quote]¸

Well written.. And I agree to each word...

The McCanns speak way too much..
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :
Pat Brown - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat Brown - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Wed 1 Feb - 4:41

pennylane wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:Ive had a conversation on FB with Pat Brown today she informed me that she is going to PDL on Feb 6th and she said "**** you will like my other news what is about to come out soon" ...... Pat Brown - Page 2 25346

Good! Pat Brown - Page 2 25346

Thanks Lilly, I'm looking forward to hearing it! Pat Brown - Page 2 541778

yes me too Pat Brown - Page 2 25346
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Wed 1 Feb - 13:58

Claudia79 wrote:
snowflake wrote:I thought she might want to speak to them but perhaps not.

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat. That said, I mean no disrespect at all towards Pat Brown. Just making it clear that the only reason Pat brown could speak to the PJ was if she had relevant information to the resolution of the case. And I'm pretty sure the PJ know more than Pat and not the other way around.

I think Pat's greatest strength is that, through her work as a well known and respected Criminal Profiler, she will raise awareness about the concerns she and many of us have about the case. Anyone who has read her books will know that much of her groundwork is done from visiting the scene of the crime and going over the events with an analytical mind. She has the utmost respect for the PJ and would not see it as her place to approach them. Pat has said from the outset she will be working alone....I wish her well in her venture over in Portugal.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 1 Feb - 14:16

Autumn wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat. That said, I mean no disrespect at all towards Pat Brown. Just making it clear that the only reason Pat brown could speak to the PJ was if she had relevant information to the resolution of the case. And I'm pretty sure the PJ know more than Pat and not the other way around.

I think Pat's greatest strength is that, through her work as a well known and respected Criminal Profiler, she will raise awareness about the concerns she and many of us have about the case. Anyone who has read her books will know that much of her groundwork is done from visiting the scene of the crime and going over the events with an analytical mind. She has the utmost respect for the PJ and would not see it as her place to approach them. Pat has said from the outset she will be working alone....I wish her well in her venture over in Portugal.

Me too! It's about time that someone with a high profile and reputation in this area got involved and shed some light on the case if she can. Raising awareness about the concerns that many have can only be a good thing. She sounds experienced enough to avoid any conflict of interest with the investigating authorities.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 1 Feb - 14:23

It's a pity that Pat won't be able to go in the apartment 5a, then she could have a better idea. Perhaps if it being rented out that week she is there, if the tenants would let her have a quick look round
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 1 Feb - 14:29

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Ive had a conversation on FB with Pat Brown today she informed me that she is going to PDL on Feb 6th and she said "**** you will like my other news what is about to come out soon" ...... Pat Brown - Page 2 25346

???

I love and hate statements like this... Pat Brown - Page 2 294124
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 1 Feb - 14:33

fred wrote:It's a pity that Pat won't be able to go in the apartment 5a, then she could have a better idea. Perhaps if it being rented out that week she is there, if the tenants would let her have a quick look round

Perhaps Pat has managed to rent it for a weekend or so, during her off-peak season trip out there next week, Fred??

I can only imagine how 'hurtful and unhelpful' Pat's digging around in Portugal must be viewed by certain interested parties. Let's face it though, anyone who REALLY cares about Madeleine's "situation," will wish Pat the very best, and fervently hope she has great success in bringing something vital or previously overlooked to the table. That's if people genuinely care!!!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Wed 1 Feb - 14:35

margaret wrote:

???

She's a little tease isn't she Margaret...bet the McCs are overdosing on Diocalm Pat Brown - Page 2 294124
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 1 Feb - 14:35

margaret wrote:

???

I think Pat means about the court date she is taking the mccanns to court for 'interfering with her business"
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Wed 1 Feb - 15:10

jd16 wrote:
margaret wrote:

???

I think Pat means about the court date she is taking the mccanns to court for 'interfering with her business"

Interesting times ahead...do we know when this court case will be?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 1 Feb - 16:10

margaret wrote:

???

Me too margaret. but when I PM her I always repect her and dont like to ask tomuch, I wouldn't want her to think I was a pain by been one of those people who want to know everything just so they can pass it on but with a bit more added on, so I just wait for any titbits I get Pat Brown - Page 2 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 2 Feb - 11:53

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere. Please remove if I've duplicated

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2012/02/press-release-cease-and-desist-letter.html
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 2 Feb - 12:42

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
margaret wrote:

???

Me too margaret. but when I PM her I always repect her and dont like to ask tomuch, I wouldn't want her to think I was a pain by been one of those people who want to know everything just so they can pass it on but with a bit more added on, so I just wait for any titbits I get Pat Brown - Page 2 25346

Well, Lilly, she hasn't let us down!
The cease and desist letter is brilliant Pat Brown - Page 2 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 2 Feb - 13:45

[quote]
]quote="Claudia79"]

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat.

Why are you always so defensive of the PJ ?
Do you believe they did a good job ?
They allowed this bunch of holidaymakers to ride roughshod all over your investigation.
I am afraid, yes, it was like a coffee house where people drop by to chat.
I will never in a million years understand how two people are made arguidos, the first arguido is allowed to return home to speak with the second arguido, who then attends the nextday for questioning.
To add to this, their family are sending messages out from inside the police station.
BK roams around the globe interviewing and bribing key witnessess and the PJ do nothing.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 2 Feb - 13:48

[quote="duncanmac"]
]quote="Claudia79"]

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat.

Why are you always so defensive of the PJ ?
Do you believe they did a good job ?
They allowed this bunch of holidaymakers to ride roughshod all over your investigation.
I am afraid, yes, it was like a coffee house where people drop by to chat.
I will never in a million years understand how two people are made arguidos, the first arguido is allowed to return home to speak with the second arguido, who then attends the nextday for questioning.
To add to this, their family are sending messages out from inside the police station.
BK roams around the globe interviewing and bribing key witnessess and the PJ do nothing.

Yes, I've heard all that before. Incompetent corrupt sardine munchers. Bla bla bla.

ETA: I'm not defensive of the PJ. I'm defensive of the members of the PJ who have tried (and are still trying) to solve this case. There are others, the 'shelvers', the ones who come up with 'solutions', I have zero respect for. But even if I was, no one tells me what to post and how to post it as long as I'm not insulting or break any forum rules.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 2 Feb - 14:01

Claudia, the official report says the body was transported around the resort in a hire car 27 days after her disappearance. You cannot believe questions will not be asked of the PJ when you read this.

duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 2 Feb - 14:04

duncanmac wrote:Claudia, the official report says the body was transported around the resort in a hire car 27 days after her disappearance. You cannot believe questions will not be asked of the PJ when you read this.

Is it impossible?
Is it impossible that the car transported things which were in contact with the body?
You know what, Duncanmac, I'm not going to discuss this with you. And you know why? Because I've been there and done that. I spent more than 2 years discussing all that. With the pros. I'm well over that stage. Way, way over.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 2 Feb - 14:14

Please dont insult me by calling me a Pro.
I am merely asking why you have so much confidence in the PJ.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 2 Feb - 14:27

duncanmac wrote:Please dont insult me by calling me a Pro.
I am merely asking why you have so much confidence in the PJ.

I think you should re-read what I wrote.
If I wanted to call you a pro, I would have written I discussed all that with your chums. I didn't. So do not insult ME by putting words in my fingers I did not type.
I repeat what I said, been there, done that.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 2 Feb - 15:11

I can well understand Claudia's stance. She , like me and others, will defend those of the PJ who are working to get this solved. There are bound to be PJ officers who aren't that bothered about the case and will only work on it because they have to. The Pj are not dissimilar to any other police force anywhere in the world. There are good and bad officers. The good ones need to be supported.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 2 Feb - 15:47

Its okay to be defending the PJ investigation. Whether that investigation went the right direction or the wrong direction will be seen in the fullness of time, but until we all know the answer to that, then I think we should give the PJ the benefit of the doubt. GA does accept a lack of experience in the PJ in dealing with such a case. I personally think the McCanns have had more nails driven into their respective coffins since the case was shelved, as it has brought opinion into the open even more, given the frustration many people feel over the shelving. They say as one door closes another one opens and I believe its no bad thing that the case was shelved, whatever the reason for the shelving. I do not think its about good cops/bad cops or about the politics of the case, but I believe its more like a game of chess and its about frustration, which the McCanns feel as well, which can often bring out the best or the worst in people in any game. I do think, at the end of the day, the PJ are actually in this for the long haul, however it may seem.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 2 Feb - 17:37

After years of moaning that no-one was looking/doing anything I find it so surprising that there has been no comment from TM on Pat's search next week. The pro's on twitter are beside themselves - why? What are they afraid of?

Would've thought that as we were constantly reading the fund was so depleted, that Pat's search for the truth will not cost TM one penny. So why aren't they backing this with full publicity. (No answers necessary!)

Plus of course Captain Clarry is up to his neck in saving Costa Cruises. No wonder he's nicknamed the angel of death.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 2 Feb - 17:43

Thanks, girls.
Anyway, we shouldn't be worried about those incompetent and ignorant PJs now the competent SY is involved. I'm sure that very soon the case will be solved and we can all watch the great news on TV. We may even have the honour of a press conference by dear Stu and all the applauding officers.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 2 Feb - 18:51

I have a lot of confidence in the PJ. Given what has now come to light, I think they did the best job they could. Im sick and tired of people bashing the PJ. The UK police were over there with them, where is the bashing of the Leicester pollce pressing for the investigation of the McCs. They coulldnt call on more political pressure into the case then. Oh and call me Stu, dont even go there. No respect for his counterparts doing their job. I wonder how many reconstructions he has vetoed in the UK, because it wouldnt do any good. Its a wonder Crimewatch ever got recorded with the likes of him about.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next