Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Brown

+73
marxman
LJC
pennylane
NoStone
Loopdaloop
T4two
kathybelle
almostgothic
Annabel
matthew
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
Angelique
Bobsy
mossman
ELI
Wintabells
Angelina
Oldartform
chrissie
Sara_Rose_
tanszi
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
mariang
Autumn
Christine
oversoon
Karen
ProfessorPlum
fred
Sunflower27
jd16
Lioned
MaryB
kitti
maebee
mummy45
margaret
Panda
SteveT
JOHNFRANCIS
duncanmac
pamalam
chrissie1
HiDeHo
frencheuropean
dazedandconfused
wjk
AspieDistra
jay2001
gillyspot
Carolina
Velvet
amber
mumbles
nospinnaker
ann_chovey
Chris
Bebootje
bootsy
cherry1
cass
C.Edwards
humanist
Krisy22
jeanmonroe
dutchclogs
maive
the slave
mahlersghost
snowflake
Navigator
77 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Pat Brown - Page 13 Empty Re: Pat Brown

Post  NoStone Thu 23 Feb - 11:29

Angelique wrote:Annabel

Thank you for posting this article.

Seems as though suspicions regarding the Met are obvious even to Pat Brown. What on earth are they doing spending all the tax payers money on if they need to be told by Pat they should have started with a reconstruction. Strewth! I remember suggesting this myself!

It makes it clearer theat the brief given to the Met is - there has been an abduction - now review what happened from there - otherwise they would have done the logical thing and started at the very beginning.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
Pat Brown - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat Brown - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Thu 23 Feb - 11:40

I agree, a brilliant article, and I admire Pat Brown for doing this with her own money. There is one thing in the article that bothers me a bit though. She says : if it can be proved that Gerry McCann was at the dinner table between 9.15pm and 10pm, then there was an abduction. How can that prove anything?
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :
Pat Brown - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat Brown - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 23 Feb - 11:44

No, I don't understand that either, Christine!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 23 Feb - 11:53

“If parents were separated when police first arrived on the scene, along with everyone else involved, it would be much easier to verify everyone’s stories - and a true timeline could be established.
“In this case, the McCanns and their friends were given days to confer with each other.

I can sympathise with the PJ on this as they initially never believed a crime had been committed. Withstanding that, once the dogs findings were revealed they should have all been made arguidos and interviewed separately. I believe someone would then have cracked and the truth come out.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 12:12

Christine wrote:I agree, a brilliant article, and I admire Pat Brown for doing this with her own money. There is one thing in the article that bothers me a bit though. She says : if it can be proved that Gerry McCann was at the dinner table between 9.15pm and 10pm, then there was an abduction. How can that prove anything?

It could also prove that someone else who checked may off had something to do with it.. So I think that statement is stupid...even if he had been at the table at that time.....oldfield wasn't nor was o'brien...it doesn't prove anything......it just proves that someone else did his dirty work and that is all.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 21:20

One can accept that on a night out with friends, drinking wine and chatting - maybe some folks are not perfectly correct with the exact time someone came and went. However, some things should be pretty clear and easy to remember about the night of and the day after a horrific event. Of all the Tapas 9 claims as to how things went down on the evening of May 3, 2007, Jane Tanner´s 9:15 (approximate) sighting of a man hurrying along Dr Augusthino da Silva with a child draped in his outstretch arms is the most unbelievable and unsupportable.

Let's ignore for now the issues of the lighting and whether Jane would be able see the details of the man and child's clothing so well. In order to prove whether she could or she could we would have to test her ability with a number of crime reenactments with the present lighting and, if one was able to see what she saw under those conditions, then one would have to use quite a bit of scientific and technical skill to build a set with the calculated lighting of that night and time and see if one could still see those details. I cannot obviously due that at this time, so I cannot make any absolute determinations on her ability to see what she said she saw.

However, I can comment on what Gerry and Jeremy (Jeremy Wilkins, also called Jez) said they didn't see - namely Jane.

Retired British police officer, PM, and I reenacted the scenario and I learned something very interesting. If Gerry's claim that he crossed the street, the Rua Dr Gentil Martins (in his later statement, not his first which only said on his way back to the Tapas, he "crossed ways" which should mean "ran into," not ran across the street to talk to) to speak to Jeremy is true, then it is indeed possible for the two men to have neither seen Jane nor any man carrying a child across the street at the corner whilst they were conversing.

PM took thirteen steps to cross from one side to the other and I saw him out of the corner of my eye from the spot Gerry says he was standing with Jeremy. If, as Peter reminded me as we discussed the way men chat and the way women chat, that men tend to talk less face to face as women, but more at angles, looking about themselves and not at each other, it would be totally possible for the men to have their backs to the street behind and never see a men quickly walk by, even if it took him thirteen strides. Interestingly, if they are looking down at a baby in a pram or off to the left side of the street, they might actually have not seen Jane go by either.

But, Jane denies that is how it went down and Jeremy agrees with her. Both state Jerry and Jeremy were on the same side of the street Jane walked up and Jane claims she was right on top of them when she walked by. Now, I would say, if this was true, it doesn't matter where these men were looking while talking; at least one would see Jane, and, more likely, both of them. And, if they were positioned in such a way that both of their backs were to Jane as she came up behind them, they would have seen the man crossing directly in front of them. If they had their backs to the man behind them, they couldn't have missed Jane walking straight at them. No matter exactly how they were standing, it is hardly believable that neither man would notice the only other person on the street trotting right up to them, past them, and on to the end of the street. Anyone on the street at that time of night at a time when Praia da Luz is very empty would very likely catch one's attention, so Jane didn't get lost in the crowd.

Let’s double check their position with Jane’s Rogatory Statement which she had months to get the “facts” straight.

No, I, phew, again, I would probably guess Gerry’s back was more towards me, because I would have thought if I’d have seen him I would have definitely probably stopped and said ‘Oh you’re in trouble, you’ve been long, we think you’ve been watching the footy’, you know, but. Because I think that’s almost when I went to acknowledge them, that’s almost what went through my head, you know, is to sort of give a bit of abuse about the fact he’d been so long, but. So I would imagine his, maybe his back was to me, but. And, again, in that way, that would make more sense, because I don’t know Jez, so it’s not like I would have gone ‘Oh hi Jez’, you know, that way, so. Yeah, I, I honestly, I can’t remember now which way they were. But I do, I stand by the fact I’m sure they were nearer than right over here.

Let’s see: she is “probably guessing” that Gerry’s back was towards her or she would have made a comment. Hmm...if his back was towards Jane, he would have seen a man right in front of him running off with his own child. Jane THINKS that’s ALMOST when she went to acknowledge them, that’s ALMOST what went through her head….so she would IMAGINE, maybe his back was towards her…yeah, that “WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE,” …yeah, “HONESTLY,” she can’t remember now, BUT, she does, “STAND BY THE FACT, I’m sure they were nearer than right over here.”

All of this lack of clarity in Jane's statement shows major signs of deception, of someone attempting to create a story. If it were simply true, she would not need to imagine any of it or develop the scenario as she is talking. Add to this, an odd comment in her original May 4, 2007 interview:

She (Jane Tanner) passed them KNOWING that Gerald McCann had already been in his apartment to check on his children.

This is a clearly impossible for her to state, yet Jane Tanner KNOWS that this is so. Since Jane claims to have left the Tapas quite soon after Gerry, there is no way she could know he had been in to see his children already or whether he had run into Jeremy Wilkins and simply got caught up in conversation and hadn’t yet gone in. We are talking about a matter of a couple of minutes; therefore, it would be highly unlikely Jane could know if Gerry had popped into the apartment already or not. For Jane to KNOW this, Gerry would have to have told her prior to her interview.

But, you might point out, as Jane did:

... if I was trying to make this up, don’t you think I would have made damn sure they saw me?

Yes, I guess you would... if you could have, Jane. The problem is Jeremy Wilkins didn’t see you and, if Gerry was standing with his back to you, then Jeremy was most likely facing you and would have seen you clearly coming up the way. Or, if you want to go back to men both standing sort of at angles and not looking directly at each other, both men would have seen you AND the man carrying the child as you walked past them into their view and the man crossed the road directly in front of them. Tricky bit of a problem, eh?

Jeremy Wilkins says he and Gerry were standing right by the gate on the apartment side of the road.

I met him near the stairs of a ground floor. There was a gate leading up to some stairs.

Jane says she walked right up to them and passed them. Jeremy Wilkins says he never saw her or the man. Gerry says he never saw her or the man which he must say or he has to call Wilkins a liar. I think he solves this problem by moving their location to the opposite side of the road where it is possible for them to both have not seen Jane or any man with a child. Then he doesn’t have to go up against Wilkins, but merely state he remembers where they were standing a bit differently.

It is Kate who sums the whole situation up quite interestingly in her book, Madeleine.

Either way, exactly where they were standing is not crucial. What may be important is that all three of them were there.

Indeed! What is important is all three of them were there. What does it really matter if all three of them are there? What does it matter if Jane Tanner saw the man five minutes later when she returned and neither man was on the street? It matters because Jeremy Wilkins gives Gerry an alibi. No, not Jane. Jane Tanner is not that useful in giving Gerry an alibi because she is one of the Tapas 9. Jeremy Wilkins is the LAST UNBIASED WITNESS who saw Gerry before Madeleine was found missing and before the Smiths’ 9:50-9:55 sighting of a man carrying a little child toward the beach.

No one outside the Tapas 9 can verify that Gerry returned to the table after his 9:15 check on his children or that he remained at the table until Kate gave the alarm. Jeremy Wilkins, being with Gerry at the time Jane sees “the abductor carrying off a child,” gives Gerry an airtight alibi for the only time that he can get one for that evening during that time frame.

Considering Kate and Gerry downplayed any importance to the Smith sighting until far later when they agreed it could be the abductor but ONLY if it was the same man Jane saw and Kate insists that it is mighty important the three of them were there when Jane saw a child being carried off, I repeat, the only reason this should be a big deal is that Jeremy is Gerry’s alibi.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2012/02/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-how.html
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Thu 23 Feb - 22:29

Excellent. The noose is tightening around the weak link.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 23 Feb - 22:38

Christine wrote:I agree, a brilliant article, and I admire Pat Brown for doing this with her own money. There is one thing in the article that bothers me a bit though. She says : if it can be proved that Gerry McCann was at the dinner table between 9.15pm and 10pm, then there was an abduction. How can that prove anything?

Maybe Pat is teasing. She knows that Gerry
was Not at the table, the Smith sighting is that
of Gerry, and that the whole tapas sham dinner
was a cover for the times stated. Therefore, Pat
has the evidence and only by discrediting this
evidence can an abduction be viable. And it ain't
going to happen!
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 23 Feb - 22:56

If Gerry was speaking the truth when he said he checked the children at 21:05 then it's highly likely he was at the dinner table between 9.15 and 10pm. You say how can that prove anything? Well it can't, because whatever happened to Madeleine, could have happened before the McCanns went out to dinner. She could have been wrapped in a blanket, or in that blue holdall, put in the car boot and taken somewhere where she never would be found.

Some might say how could the McCanns go to dinner, knowing what they know? Well we only have to look at their behaviour since Madeleine was supposed to have been abducted, to see that they have hearts of stone. They say they were told not to show any emotion in front of the cameras, well that is a load of rubbish. How could they not show emotion? If their tiny daughter was in the hands of someone who was likely to do her harm.

I don't know if Pat has read the files, but if she has, surely she must know that the McCanns never searched for Madeleine and that should have been enough to tell her that Madeleine was not abducted and the McCanns knew where she was and if she was dead or alive. As soon as I heard Kate McCann say they had never physically searched for Madeleine, that was enough for me to be convinced that they were more involved with Madeleine's disappearance, than neglect.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 23 Feb - 22:58

The Smith sighting would have been timed at between 10.00 and 10.15 according to the files.

gerry checked on the children at 21.05/21.15

tanner saw bundleman at about 21.20

Oldfields 'check ' at 21.30 ?

kate found Maddie gone at 22.00

Dont know what Pat Browns getting at really ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 23 Feb - 23:17

Some things should be looked at a lot more closely. I think the issue of the blanket is crucial. Did the child Jane Tanner saw have a blanket and did the child the Smiths saw have a blanket. And was that blanket missing from the apartment. There are so many basic things in this case that just don't seem to have been picked up on.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 23:26

We know from the files that two waiters state that 9.30-35 the table was empty apart from Webster.

So....GM missing......9.05.....Tanner missing....9.10.......Oldfield missing......9.30.....O'brien missing...9.30

So that's four missing all before 9.30...who is to say they came back .

A scream from the balcony....9.30........someone shouting 'maddie'....just after 9.30....

Time enough for GM to be seen by the smith family

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 23 Feb - 23:28

MaryB wrote:Some things should be looked at a lot more closely. I think the issue of the blanket is crucial. Did the child Jane Tanner saw have a blanket and did the child the Smiths saw have a blanket. And was that blanket missing from the apartment. There are so many basic things in this case that just don't seem to have been picked up on.

The smiths say she was barefoot and had no blanket .

Mr amaral has his theory about the blanket..I think the blanket is with madeleine.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 24 Feb - 9:41

Lioned wrote:The Smith sighting would have been timed at between 10.00 and 10.15 according to the files.

gerry checked on the children at 21.05/21.15

tanner saw bundleman at about 21.20

Oldfields 'check ' at 21.30 ?

kate found Maddie gone at 22.00

Dont know what Pat Browns getting at really ?

HI lioned, I brought this over from Pat's site;

Indeed! What is important is all three of them were there. What does it really matter if all three of them are there? What does it matter if Jane Tanner saw the man five minutes later when she returned and neither man was on the street? It matters because Jeremy Wilkins gives Gerry an alibi. No, not Jane. Jane Tanner is not that useful in giving Gerry an alibi because she is one of the Tapas 9. Jeremy Wilkins is the LAST UNBIASED WITNESS who saw Gerry before Madeleine was found missing and before the Smiths’ 9:50-9:55 sighting of a man carrying a little child toward the beach.» http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2012/02/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-how.html

As you will see, Smith's sighting indicated as 9.50-9.55
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 24 Feb - 11:07

I think what blows a hole in this scenario is Moura (The American/Portugese Detective hired by CBS) says The Staff at the Restaurant told him Jane
Tanner was never at the Restaurant that night,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 24 Feb - 13:58

frencheuropean wrote:Excellent. The noose is tightening around the weak link.

I agree. Brilliant from Pat. This part is so true "Jane. The problem is Jeremy Wilkins didn’t see you and, if Gerry was standing with his back to you, then Jeremy was most likely facing you and would have seen you clearly coming up the way. Or, if you want to go back to men both standing sort of at angles and not looking directly at each other, both men would have seen you AND the man carrying the child as you walked past them into their view and the man crossed the road directly in front of them. Tricky bit of a problem, eh?" Pat Brown - Page 13 23324
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 24 Feb - 14:21

Kitti and Kathybelle - I agree with what you say. The blanket is with Madeleine. I feel so sad for the poor little girl, to think that her parents had to protect their backs so fully that they are content for her to be buried alone in a strange and possibly remote place. Thinking of her breaks the heart.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 24 Feb - 14:38

kitti wrote:
MaryB wrote:Some things should be looked at a lot more closely. I think the issue of the blanket is crucial. Did the child Jane Tanner saw have a blanket and did the child the Smiths saw have a blanket. And was that blanket missing from the apartment. There are so many basic things in this case that just don't seem to have been picked up on.

Mr amaral has his theory about the blanket..I think the blanket is with madeleine.

Amaral said in an interview on Portugese TB that the blanket was crucial. V.v. important. He did not elaborate.

But: in the barn where a towel was found there is also mentioned in the report: fibres which conform to fibres also found in the Renault.
I'm thinking blanket, what do you think?
I also think they're holding some evidence back, such as the phone pings between Gerry and ROB on the 10th June - when ROB seemed to be about 27 km distant from Gerry. It might be the date that the towel was left in the barn.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 24 Feb - 15:34

Well if the blanket disappeared when Madeleine did it is amazing that no investigators had asked for people to look out for the blanket. And the same for the pyjamas. If everybody was to have been on high alert at the time looking out for Madeleine why wasn't more made of the blanket and pyjamas if they disappeared at the same time as Madeleine. Even now nobody knows for certain if the blanket disappeared the night Madeleine disappeared. Why not?????
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Feb - 15:40

tigger wrote:
kitti wrote:

Amaral said in an interview on Portugese TB that the blanket was crucial. V.v. important. He did not elaborate.

But: in the barn where a towel was found there is also mentioned in the report: fibres which conform to fibres also found in the Renault.
I'm thinking blanket, what do you think?
I also think they're holding some evidence back, such as the phone pings between Gerry and ROB on the 10th June - when ROB seemed to be about 27 km distant from Gerry. It might be the date that the towel was left in the barn.

Amaral has said "blanket" many times. Not "cat". Interesting, that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 24 Feb - 16:07

Was there actually a towel found in a barn...I was under the impression it was forum myth?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 24 Feb - 16:35

Angelina wrote:Was there actually a towel found in a barn...I was under the impression it was forum myth?

It was an Aztec towel. There is an Sunday Express article dated 2 December 2007 on MCF but I'm not sure if I am allowed to bring it across to here.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Fri 24 Feb - 16:37

chrissie wrote:
Angelina wrote:Was there actually a towel found in a barn...I was under the impression it was forum myth?

It was an Aztec towel. There is an Sunday Express article dated 2 December 2007 on MCF but I'm not sure if I am allowed to bring it across to here.

Thanks. Don't worry about a link, I'll have search and try and find it Pat Brown - Page 13 25346
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 24 Feb - 16:49

The blanket did not disappear at the same time as Madeleine.

The blanket is on the bed in the pics with cuddlecat.....the pics were taken AFTER she disappeared ....cuddle cat had cadaver scent on it but the bed didnt.

The pink blanket has disappeared but cuddlecat hasn't ....it is here with an added addition.....cadaver scent.

WHERE IS THE PINK BLANKET....it can only be in one place.....and with one person.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 24 Feb - 16:51

The Blanket didn't disappear the same night as Madeleine...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next