Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY

+51
gillyspot
ShabbyTiger
kathybelle
Karen
want the truth
Wintabells
jay2001
jejune
Keela
almostgothic
malena stool
jd16
dazedandconfused
T4two
contrary
Oldartform
margaret
Autumn
nospinnaker
jeanmonroe
duncanmac
ann_chovey
LJC
maebee
cherry1
Lillyofthevalley
tanszi
quickfingers
the slave
Lioned
amber
Loopdaloop
cass
Annabel
tigger
Chris
NoStone
AnnaEsse
interested
flower
HiDeHo
mara thon
bootsy
IAMBAZZA
frencheuropean
wjk
pennylane
squeaker
Bobsy
Badboy
Claudia79
55 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 Empty Re: Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY

Post  Autumn Sun 5 Feb - 11:59

On Sky newspapers review, this story was dismissed as being 'thin in detail', the inference being there was nothing to justify the front page coverage and wasn't even discussed. The news reader said that it was amazing that some papers were continuing to publish this sort of thing when there are serious issues in the world. Then guess what, they moved on quickly to waffle on for ages about the front page story in another paper.....SNOW!!!!!! Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 294124
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 Empty Re: Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 5 Feb - 12:10

Karen wrote:
Loopdaloop wrote:
NoStone wrote:I just woke up and tuned in a minute - tell me I am dreamimg.........!!!!!!! Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 847843 Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 847843

Does - 'We are laying the groundwork.” mean they have the phone taps in place now? I bet the calls between 'the friends' over the last 24/next 76 hrs would make interesting listening!

Oh please dear God - make this a true and definative landmark in finally establishing justice for Madeleine. Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 782309 Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 782309 Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 782309 Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 782309

Thats a very interesting perspective... Perhaps they are publicising it so that the Tapas 7 Do start telephone each other to talk about the subject.

Yeah! thats why I questioned whether the Yeard have or need the authority to tap into the Tapas phones?? can they??

Karen Im sure they will be able too, of so they will have already done that and probably have a fair bit to credable info already imo Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 25346

Tapas friends will be feeling alittle nervous on reading those headlines last night!! Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 424625

Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun 5 Feb - 12:28

Well then I think Bobs your uncle!! Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 25346 - surely they would have been tapped, I certainly wouldnt want to be in their shoes at present - hopefully someone reputable in the Media will latch on to Pat Browns search and report on it, in that regard I do not hold my hopes up!

I think a recon will be proposed to the Tapas7 "one the groundwork has been set"
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 5 Feb - 12:43

deleted

Last edited by Annabel on Sun 5 Feb - 14:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong thread)
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 5 Feb - 12:44

Autumn wrote:
cass wrote:
Karen wrote:
kathybelle wrote:Maybe Scotland Yard have made this announcement, because they're likely to receive a backlash over the soaring cost of the review. Anyway, it's only right and proper that everyone who was on that so called family holiday with the McCanns, should be interviewed, as well as the McCanns.

S.Y. have access to all of the files, including the files that the McCanns wanted but couldn't have, if they didn't think before that the McCanns were more involved with Madeleine's disappearance than neglect, they will when they read these files. The McCanns behaved in a way that a couple with a missing much loved child, wouldn't have behaved. The Tapas 7 changed their stories and Jane Tanner gave different descriptions of the so called abductor, despite saying she only saw him from the back.

If there is no truth in this story, then S.Y. aren't doing the job the taxpayers are paying them to do and the review should be scrapped, before anymore money is wasted on this fiasco.

Well said, I have said and will say again I do not believe Cameron will allow a "whitewash", to much at stake.

Kate and Gerry verbally insulted both Cameron and Theresa May with their "fluffy words" statement and bringing deceased baby Cameron into the fold - that would not have sat well with the PM, I beleive he said "enough is enough"and hence the review - NOT because the McCanns asked for it - Mr Cameron knows full well the case can be reopened at the drop of a hat and the cost of a stamp at the gruesome twosome's request!

Mr Cameron also knows its his time to shine in the "biggest missing child case in History" - I am sure he will take full advantage of that.

As for the Tapas, as one poster said, if the Yard listen to Kate's lies and follow the bewk - they will do just fine!

Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 307691 karen . spot on , as for the latest headline i agree that something is going on , BUT will sy give them the heads up nah . they will play there cards very close to their chests , its not the headlines we see its what we dont see that is interesting . i live in hope that justice will be done , i have also said over and over NOT all the tapas were in the loop in 2007 the circus was created and they got swept along . bet they wish they had never booked the holiday with the mcanns . their lifes and their childrens will NEVER be the same again . children go to school and this headline will hurt - time to tell all and think about your children tapas crew

I beg to differ on that cass, I believe the whole group were in on it and are covering their own backs. Sooner they are hauled in for questioning the better Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 302722

the tapas crew are all in it upto their necks , but on 3rd may 2007 i still do not believe ALL knew what was going on . if you are gonna commit a perfect crime involve only the main players . hence hurried timelines on back of madelines book . i might be wrong just cannot see why k=g would involve all the tapas streight away
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 5 Feb - 12:46

This wasn't the perfect crime, though: Ham-fisted at every step.

Yet they have managed to get away with it for five years, regardless.

Mind boggling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sun 5 Feb - 13:34

The End Is Nigh wrote:This wasn't the perfect crime, though: Ham-fisted at every step.

Mind boggling.

Despite Gerry's arrogance I very much doubt the group would have got away with it, had it not been for them being given the services of Clarence as a spokesman. Clarence's role in this should never be under-estimated - he has put a spin on everything that has happened and has provided the media with regular updates, always making sure articles are favourable to the McCanns.

The burning question remains - Why was Clarence sent by the government to act as spokeman for them?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 5 Feb - 13:46

Autumn wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:This wasn't the perfect crime, though: Ham-fisted at every step.

Mind boggling.

Despite Gerry's arrogance I very much doubt the group would have got away with it, had it not been for them being given the services of Clarence as a spokesman. Clarence's role in this should never be under-estimated - he has put a spin on everything that has happened and has provided the media with regular updates, always making sure articles are favourable to the McCanns.

The burning question remains - Why was Clarence sent by the government to act as spokeman for them?
Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 307691
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 5 Feb - 14:04

anyone know what the penalty is for perverting the course of justice? Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 5 Feb - 14:08

cherry1 wrote:anyone know what the penalty is for perverting the course of justice? Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 303636

It would come under Portugese Law I assume.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 5 Feb - 14:11

cherry1 wrote:anyone know what the penalty is for perverting the course of justice? Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 303636

Huhne knows (think about it ...........) Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 5 Feb - 14:12

English Law:

Sentencing

The Crown prosecution Service (CPS) sentencing guidelines for perversion of justice recommends a minimum sentences of four months and maximum sentences of one to two years per incident. Specific perjury and witness intimidation statutes permit longer sentences and in theory the offence of perverting the course of justice can carry a penalty of life imprisonment. However there have not been any sentences above 10 years that have been passed in the last century for this offence.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/perverting-the-course-of-justice.htm
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Sun 5 Feb - 14:13

Panda wrote:Hi Kathybelle,

A long long time ago, Matthew Parris of the Spectator said the British Press were furious at the way they had been treated by the McCanns in
Portugal and if ever the McCanns were found to have anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance the Press would show no mercy. First of all we had
the cost of the Review reported, now possible re-interviews of the Tapas 7 , plus the McCanns......softly softly catchee monkey. Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 25346

ah yes ...........sounds good

and its - - - revenge is a dish best served cold which sounds as though the McCanns may be in for some cold rice pudd.
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 5 Feb - 14:16

thanks for info, almost gothic Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 944533

I wonder if any truth in the rumour that philip Green and Richard Branson have their
private jets on standby! Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 5 Feb - 14:17

Sorry but i see nothing in that article that suggests to me that SY are rushing up the M1 to interview anyone.It is another coup on the part of Mr Desmond who will be laying back in his bath this morning supping his champagne cocktail knowing that once more he has put another 10/15% on his circulation figures by bumping Maddie onto the Headline .
The idea that some SY Chief inspector is briefing the newspapers on their operation tactics is daft.Neither is Pat Brown correct in my view.How many times do we have to see this and imagine all kinds of conspiracies are afoot.Newspaper moguls like to make money and play with our minds why can it not be as simple as that ?

On the plus side it does keep the story ticking over and places more doubts about the Tapas 7 statements into the public domain,so thats good.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 5 Feb - 14:28

amber wrote:
Panda wrote:Hi Kathybelle,

A long long time ago, Matthew Parris of the Spectator said the British Press were furious at the way they had been treated by the McCanns in
Portugal and if ever the McCanns were found to have anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance the Press would show no mercy. First of all we had
the cost of the Review reported, now possible re-interviews of the Tapas 7 , plus the McCanns......softly softly catchee monkey. Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 25346

ah yes ...........sounds good

and its - - - revenge is a dish best served cold which sounds as though the McCanns may be in for some cold rice pudd.

Thanks amber.....I was racking my brains(such as they are) to try to remember the phrase, do you know who said it?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 5 Feb - 15:26

Must be awful to be in their position if you held a secret.... how could you phone, text or email someone to make sure they're still 'on-side'?? I expect they're being bugged now but IMO they've been bugged a long time, probably since 3rd May.

It's non news in a sense because we knew this would happen but l'm pleased the Express can recoup some money by putting it front page to sell some more papers.

I also loved the phrase 'steps up a gear' in the first paragraph, won't be lost on the gruesome twosome - the media are stepping up a gear with their pressure on the mcs now!! I expect they'll insert something about Pat Brown this week too. Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 25346
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 5 Feb - 15:39

Lioned wrote:Sorry but i see nothing in that article that suggests to me that SY are rushing up the M1 to interview anyone.It is another coup on the part of Mr Desmond who will be laying back in his bath this morning supping his champagne cocktail knowing that once more he has put another 10/15% on his circulation figures by bumping Maddie onto the Headline.

According to Desmond @ the Leveson inquiry stories don't add anything significant to newspaper circulation.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Sun 5 Feb - 15:40

I bet the papers are wishing they could hack their phones - if they haven't already Sunday Express - Tapas 7 to be interviewed by SY - Page 5 29204 - now that would be interesting to read

panda no idea of the origin, its just something someone said to me years ago
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 5 Feb - 15:52

Loopdaloop wrote:
Lioned wrote:Sorry but i see nothing in that article that suggests to me that SY are rushing up the M1 to interview anyone.It is another coup on the part of Mr Desmond who will be laying back in his bath this morning supping his champagne cocktail knowing that once more he has put another 10/15% on his circulation figures by bumping Maddie onto the Headline.

According to Desmond @ the Leveson inquiry stories don't add anything significant to newspaper circulation.

So i wonder what would be the point of a 'good' headline ? Like i said you cannot believe what they say.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Sun 5 Feb - 16:23

I for one would applaud the courage of anyone from the Tapas group telling what they know, if they do know anything.

Let's just hope that someone may realise that this is not going to go away - and wants to be finally free of the burden of the knowledge they may hold. They could put an end to this tragic circus once and for all.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 5 Feb - 16:31

Agreed.

What astonishes me even more than the pact of silence is how anybody, anybody at all, can fail to even be ever so slightly uncomfortable about the total lack of evidence for abduction or about the way Healy and McCann have behaved since the disappearance in May 2007 (I carefully refrain from specifying the precise date), or about their lack of cooperation with the PJ, or about their failure to expend so much as a micron of shoe leather actually searching.

This is not, however, primarily about Healy and McCann, but about the fate of an innocent and vulnerable little girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Sun 5 Feb - 16:46

The End Is Nigh wrote:Agreed.

What astonishes me even more than the pact of silence is how anybody, anybody at all, can fail to even be ever so slightly uncomfortable about the total lack of evidence for abduction or about the way Healy and McCann have behaved since the disappearance in May 2007 (I carefully refrain from specifying the precise date), or about their lack of cooperation with the PJ, or about their failure to expend so much as a micron of shoe leather actually searching.

This is not, however, primarily about Healy and McCann, but about the fate of an innocent and vulnerable little girl.

Some good points there, TEIN. We have seen so many false dawns in this case that I never get optimistic these days about justice for Madeleine. But maybe, just maybe, if SY conduct these interviews properly.... someone may just crack. If someone has been finding all this a burden they may just wish to come clean - it would take great courage but I'm sure the authorities would make allowances.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Sun 5 Feb - 17:03

If the tapas crowd don't come clean about what exactly went down during that fateful week, their CHILDREN will be the ones that have to pay for it. I wouldn't want to be Fiona today.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 5 Feb - 17:07

I assume the PJ will, or has let, SY see the shelved files because if after the review there is nothing new, the PJ will close the CaseI MO

These Files are the most important and may be the reason the Tapas 7 will be interviewed , not because of their timelines but maybe info the Tapas 9 know
nothing about. For instance , the phone calls which the Portugese Prosecutor was not allowed to introduce as evidence because a Judge said they were
too intrusive.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next