Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Hope Now

+24
Oldartform
kitti
tanszi
pennylane
almostgothic
jay2001
mara thon
Karen
Angelina
cass
humanist
AnnaEsse
nospinnaker
Lillyofthevalley
marxman
flower
snowflake
wjk
Autumn
T4two
interested
Wallflower
margaret
MaryB
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What Hope Now - Page 5 Empty Re: What Hope Now

Post  Lioned Mon 13 Feb - 18:34

snowflake wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
snowflake wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:We all hope she will be found - preferably alive and well.

And, if Prayer comforts you, that's great.

Shame it doesn't stop bad things like this happening, though.

Confused now.

How can you hope she will be found?

Eh? Doesn't everybody hope she will be found? I'm afraid you've lost me there.

Do you think there are people who hope she won't be found?

So you hope she will be found alive?

All the evidence,such as it is suggests She is dead,sadly.There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that She is still alive.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
What Hope Now - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Hope Now - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 13 Feb - 18:39

maive wrote:
pennylane wrote:Why of course nobody has spoken to the Portuguese authorities...... if they did, they'd be told ALL roads lead to Rothley!

I say again, it was the Home Office who refused to turn over the most basic information on the McCanns in the first instance, hence hamstringing the investigation and thereby allowing the McCanns to slither back to the UK and continue on with their lives, making money hand over fist - and using the vast majority of it to prevent anyone from openly questioning their ridiculous version of events. The funding and the parameters of this "review" have been set by the Home Office; it has conveniently come full circle.

This so called "review" will be "whitewashed" almost as spotless as cuddlecat itself (imho).

What Hope Now - Page 5 294124 What Hope Now - Page 5 307691 Sorry, it's not funny, it's quite the opposite actually.. But I 100% agree with you! We have to be mentally ready to accept that this review will be a whitewash.. There is no such thing as Justice when you are well-connected, rich, and evil..

Hi maive What Hope Now - Page 5 Icon_flower

Yes I'm getting myself mentally prepared. Your words are sad but oh so true! What Hope Now - Page 5 173510
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
What Hope Now - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Hope Now - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 13 Feb - 18:45

9 September 2011
Madeleine McCann review police hold talks in Portugal

British detectives reviewing the search for Madeleine McCann have held their first face-to-face meetings with Portuguese police chiefs.
The Metropolitan Police (Met) confirmed senior officers from a 30-strong squad examining the case travelled to Portugal in early August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-14851170

And IIRC they have been back to Portugal twice since then.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Feb - 18:49

Oldartform wrote:
mara thon wrote:If NSY haven't spoken to the Portuguese police then I think it is a big insult to Portugal and it's police force. The very fact that it was stated the findings of the "review" would not be made public just shouts "whitewash" in my opinion.

I find it hard to believe that Paula Oliveira article. It would be very rude and disrespectful of SY to go to Portugal to review a case without even having the courtesy to liaise with the investigating force. I don`t believe they would go into any country without doing this and tend to think that article is a wind-up. In fact didn`t SY`s own remit include liaising with the PJ. They would also surely want the co-operation of the Portuguese people? It would cause awful tension between the two countries if they behaved in that manner. Maybe they had liaised with someone briefly, said they would do their own investigations initially, then join up and exchange notes with the PJ.

I totally agree. Protocol and Courtesy dictate that Official contact will undoubtedly have taken place.

I'd go so far as to suggest liaison will be both regular and cooperative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 13 Feb - 18:51

almostgothic wrote:9 September 2011
Madeleine McCann review police hold talks in Portugal

British detectives reviewing the search for Madeleine McCann have held their first face-to-face meetings with Portuguese police chiefs.
The Metropolitan Police (Met) confirmed senior officers from a 30-strong squad examining the case travelled to Portugal in early August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-14851170

And IIRC they have been back to Portugal twice since then.

Good find almostgothic. What Hope Now - Page 5 306321

I'm afraid I still believe the investigation will be a "whitewash."

But I really hope this news is cause for a celebration. What Hope Now - Page 5 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Mon 13 Feb - 19:22

almostgothic wrote:9 September 2011 Madeleine McCann review police hold talks in Portugal British detectives reviewing the search for Madeleine McCann have held their first face-to-face meetings with Portuguese police chiefs. The Metropolitan Police (Met) confirmed senior officers from a 30-strong squad examining the case travelled to Portugal in early August. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-14851170 And IIRC they have been back to Portugal twice since then.

Ok, goooood! So which of these two sources is true? Because for me, genuine or not, it makes no sense that SY hasn't spoken to the PJ..!

Can't wait to see... but sadly, I think that I will not be surprised..

Hi Pennylane! What Hope Now - Page 5 25346

Last edited by maive on Mon 13 Feb - 22:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 13 Feb - 21:54

I don't believe the mccanns would off asked for this review if they didn't know what the outcome was going to be....

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 13 Feb - 22:20

Unless there are undercurrents of discontent at high political levels and some desire to prosecute the mccanns then there will be no reconstruction no further interogation of 'witnesses' and the review will just be the show of support many of us suspect it will be,personaly i hope i am wrong about that but i really cant see why any well connected politician has anything to gain by adding the scalp of two careless doctors to his cv.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 13 Feb - 22:29

Kitti, i have to disagree with you on this, imo they only kept on about it because they didnt think it would happen, afterall Portugal hold primacy in this case, and perhaps they didnt think that it would be investigated as if it had happened in the UK, i they were hoping for more bashing of the PJ, forgetting entirely that the dogs and Martin Grimes were from the UK and it was a UK profiler that suggested the McCs should be looked at.

just read Lioned's post. Am disagreeing with you also, but only with the well connected politician bit. I think something will come from left field, i believe that there are those who want to see justice for Madeleine who arent concerned with politics but only what happened to a little girl, whose principles lie with truth. imo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 13 Feb - 23:11

I hope you a right, I really do tanzi...something has to give eventually.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Mon 13 Feb - 23:22

Tanzi could be right, particularly as the Mcs seem to be blighted by narcissism. Narcissists have no fear, believe their own hype and will stand their ground to the end.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 13 Feb - 23:27

Hope you are right about that.My experience is that politicians will do whats necessary to enhance their careers or their bank accounts,honestly cant think of any that would take a punt on the mccanns.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 14 Feb - 1:46

mara thon wrote:If NSY haven't spoken to the Portuguese police then I think it is a big insult to Portugal and it's police force. The very fact that it was stated the findings of the "review" would not be made public just shouts "whitewash" in my opinion.

I think people have misread the quote. They may well be investigating without the assistance of the portugese however previous releases have shown that they do have access to the files as evidenced by the re translation of the rotatory interviews back into English so that they have the evidence straight when they reinterview the tapas crew. Far from being a 'whitewash' it says to me that SY are aiming to keep the integrity of the case intact as if they did work directly with the portugese it would give the Mccann's ammunition to attempt to discredit the findings.

Moreover, the portugese have said that it was the British which helped them develop the thesis as proposed by Goncalo so we do indeed know which way the police will be leaning with this!

PS: that post by nospinmaker was really well written. What Hope Now - Page 5 307691
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Tue 14 Feb - 2:52

Loopdaloop wrote:

I think people have misread the quote. They may well be investigating without the assistance of the portugese however previous releases have shown that they do have access to the files as evidenced by the re translation of the rotatory interviews back into English so that they have the evidence straight when they reinterview the tapas crew. Far from being a 'whitewash' it says to me that SY are aiming to keep the integrity of the case intact as if they did work directly with the portugese it would give the Mccann's ammunition to attempt to discredit the findings.

Moreover, the portugese have said that it was the British which helped them develop the thesis as proposed by Goncalo so we do indeed know which way the police will be leaning with this!

PS: that post by nospinmaker was really well written. What Hope Now - Page 5 307691

I have never seen things that way but it's quite possible, thank you for that. I hope you are right!!!
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 14 Feb - 8:28

So much corruption in high places that my money's on Lioned's opinion being closer to the mark. I don't believe the McCanns didn't want SY involved and it came as no surprise to them when they were. They know too many high powered people who are keeping them in the loop. There's something sinister which keeps them all singing from the same song sheet and I can't see that changing at least in my lifetime. I really hope I'm wrong and things change, perhaps the court cases might see a turning point.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5