Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately

+31
Panda
Oldartform
mossman
Justiceforallkids
jeanmonroe
squeaker
Lillyofthevalley
amber
Annabel
cass
margaret
NoStone
AnnaEsse
SteveT
Chris
duncanmac
marxman
Karen
chrissie
almostgothic
quickfingers
Angelique
MaryB
Badboy
pennylane
wjk
matthew
JOHNFRANCIS
tabs
dazedandconfused
ali1966
35 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 Empty Re: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately

Post  Guest Wed 14 Mar - 22:14

Ever more Nigh ................
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 Empty Re: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately

Post  Badboy Wed 14 Mar - 22:16

COULD NEXT FEW WEEKS BE INTERESTING?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 14 Mar - 22:18

Iris wrote:AND their case against Paulo Sargento has been archived!

On the other hand, we are also able to confirm that one of the several claims for defamation made by the McCann couple against several Portuguese persons, specifically one targeting criminal psychologist and university professor Dr. Paulo Sargento as been archived by the Public Ministry. Nevertheless, and according to information that was provided to us, the McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte, intends to proceed with the claim despite not having the backing of the Public Minstry.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/03/mccann-case-judge-orders-immediate.html

Yes, but she still intends to proceed with the claim - duh - mental or what ?
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 14 Mar - 22:20

The End Is Nigh wrote:The End Is Nigher than ever before.

Nigher than Bill Nighy ... Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 25346
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 14 Mar - 22:22

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 it isnt going to plan mcanns is it Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Mar - 22:24

Ah yes - The McPlan.

C'est finis!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 14 Mar - 22:30

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 307691 This is fantastic news for Goncalo Amaral, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the "Gruesome Twosome". I must admit, I was beginning to think that the Judge who issued the order that the books should be returned, was not going to enforce the order.

If the books aren't returned, the McCanns and their lawyer could find themselves serving a prison sentence and if this happens, I wonder if Isabel Duarte, could find herself barred from practicing as a lawyer. I bet Ms. Duarte, rues the day she ever set eyes on the McCanns, she must have worked hard to get where she has got and thanks to them, she could lose everything.

It's hard to feel sorry for Ms Duarte, because she knew that whatever happened to Madeleine, was down to the McCanns and she knew that she was committing an offence, when she ignored the Supreme Court Judge's order to return the books. I know she was probably following the McCanns instructions, when she refused to return the books, but she was still committing an offence, that carried a jail sentence.

I also wouldn't be surprised if those 7500 copies of Dr Amaral's book were destroyed.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Mar - 22:34

I, for one, have not forgotton the McCann's Portuguese campaign with reporting all "sightings" to "our friend Isabelle".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Mar - 22:38

Joana has just confirmed that it's 10 working days. Not that it matters. I don't mind waiting a couple of extra days, if there's going to be a free fireworks display at the end of it! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 14 Mar - 22:47

It will be interesting to see if there is any mention of this in the UK press. Don't think there will be somehow. But you never know.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 14 Mar - 23:03

lest not forget, its not the book that has
been withheld or destroyed, but the woven
words that has been within it.
Freedom of expression and speech is what
this book has embedded within its covers,
its outer cover which holds it together is the
rights of natural justice.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 14 Mar - 23:45

Worth a little reprise I think! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Wed 14 Mar - 23:46

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 306321 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324 Well this is really good news for Mr Amaral. Hope this is a sign of all good news to follow.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 14 Mar - 23:46

marxman wrote:lest not forget, its not the book that has
been withheld or destroyed, but the woven
words that has been within it.
Freedom of expression and speech is what
this book has embedded within its covers,
its outer cover which holds it together is the
rights of natural justice.

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 307691
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 0:49

JOHNFRANCIS wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Great news - and well done that judge!

ID now has ten days to return the books (or possibly try to explain away that large bonfire ... )

Ten days! Exciting times ahead! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 272645
Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 307691 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 873702

Woohoo indeed JOHN fRANCIS....apart from a couple of years ago when you appreciated one of the jokes I posted this is the first time I have seen you post. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 1:08

I must say, that photo of Duarte makes her look like a mad woman. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 25346

Why NOW? That's the question I am asking myself. Wouldn't the Publisher have appealed to the Court before now? If the McCanns didn't know the books
had not been returned will they want to find someone else to represent them at the Trial? They must be furious if they didn't know. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 The
wheels of Justice in Portugal grind very slow taken all this time to have Sargento archived.

Does anyone know if a Trial date has been set.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 15 Mar - 1:37

Oh what joy!

How can I possibly wait 10 whole days for justice for Goncalo Amaral. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 306474

I fervently hope this is just one of many successes for him.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 1:54

Angelique wrote:Oh what joy!

How can I possibly wait 10 whole days for justice for Goncalo Amaral. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 306474

Morning Angelique It would have to be the Publisher who demands the return of the books, as I say, why now?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 15 Mar - 2:11

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 306321 Panda

I wonder why now too - I think we need more information from Claudia as to why this has occurred now.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 2:22

Angelique wrote: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 306321 Panda

I wonder why now too - I think we need more information from Claudia as to why this has occurred now.

It's all happening Angelique but we are none the wiser. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Having said that , isn't this the reason we are here, almost five years after the event trying to understand what's going on???? I think before we go to Bali, you and ann_chovey should start researching and sort out the chaff from the
wheat....we don't want to write a Book that isn't 100% factual or we will have youknowwho after us. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 15 Mar - 2:32

Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote: Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 306321 Panda

It's all happening Angelique but we are none the wiser. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Having said that , isn't this the reason we are here, almost five years after the event trying to understand what's going on???? I think before we go to Bali, you and ann_chovey should start researching and sort out the chaff from the
wheat....we don't want to write a Book that isn't 100% factual or we will have youknowwho after us. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Yes I agree there is much to be done with the "sorting of chaff" - must warn you that writing this epic is almost as big a production as War And Peace! What is most worrying though is will we get our timelines right. I don't know - actually I thought I was carrying the bags! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Mar - 2:39

Angelique wrote:
Panda wrote:

Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Yes I agree there is much to be done with the "sorting of chaff" - must warn you that writing this epic is almost as big a production as War And Peace! What is most worrying though is will we get our timelines right. I don't know - actually I thought I was carrying the bags! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 294124

Yes, your'e still carrying the bags, proof reading and helping ann_chovey with the research. We are not going for 384 pages of rambling it will be much more concise and if you are wondering what I will be doing, I was a very good Saleswoman so I will be doing the rounds of the Publishers.

Uum, it took 6 years for JK Rowling to sell the first Harry Potter Book Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 15 Mar - 6:48

Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote:Oh what joy!

Morning Angelique It would have to be the Publisher who demands the return of the books, as I say, why now?

Morning Panda! I think this is brilliently timed by Amaral as he will have the books in time for the libel trail - but as he will not have time to sell them - not the money just in case. Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 307691 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 307691

Perhaps he is intending to hand out free copies at the libel trail - you know - leave one on every seat and a pile at the back for the press!! Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324

What a message that would send out as well as being a 'good marketing ploy' Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324 Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 23324
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 15 Mar - 7:07

P.S. I wonder if this latest development is of any interest to TB in his proceedings!!??? Court Orders McCanns to return Goncalo Amaral's books immediately - Page 2 857143
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next