Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Swedish Mccanns interview

+14
AnnaEsse
maive
MaryB
mossman
almostgothic
tigger
marxman
pennylane
Panda
NoStone
jinvta
gillyspot
Wintabells
matthew
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Swedish Mccanns interview Empty New Swedish Mccanns interview

Post  matthew Sat 31 Mar - 21:41

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
New Swedish Mccanns interview Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Swedish Mccanns interview Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

New Swedish Mccanns interview Empty Re: New Swedish Mccanns interview

Post  cherry1 Sat 31 Mar - 22:06

Kate saying please please people read her book!

They mention the final report saying they are not implicated in any way.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
New Swedish Mccanns interview Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Swedish Mccanns interview Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 31 Mar - 22:18

Kate and her well-worn script! Children who have been away for decades! Well, I wonder if she can come up with just one example of a small child who was taken from a bed, in a very small window of opportunity, who has turned up years, or decades later.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sat 31 Mar - 22:27

AnnaEsse wrote:Kate and her well-worn script! Children who have been away for decades! Well, I wonder if she can come up with just one example of a small child who was taken from a bed, in a very small window of opportunity, who has turned up years, or decades later.

added to that...where a cadaver dog has alerted in the parents apartment or their clothes has a missing child turned up...a wild uneducated guess=0
the interviewer asks about leaving the children alone = dont blame us,blame the abductor...in their deluded minds they actually think they are helping to lower the rate of abductions...i guess there are less parents now who are leaving their children in unlocked/locked holiday apartments
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 31 Mar - 22:27

Thanks for this.

The question about whether they are constantly looking out for Madeleine as they walk around provoked an interesting non-response. Kate seemed positively uncomfortable about answering it and had to revert to the script... something about it being lovely weather and how nice it would be to have Madeleine with her on such a lovely day. Gerry's comment about the twins having passed the age Madeleine was when she was 'taken' made it sound like she's dead, ditto the mention of developmental milestones missed etc. Their first few answers made it sound like they know she's dead.

They begin to sound jaded to me; perhaps tired of answering the same old questions 'you know, there's only a certain amount of times I can answer that question' (about why they left the children in the first place), but I can see that Gerry's now got a couple of new tricks - one is to claim that as a result of Madeleine's 'abduction' parents are now keeping their children closer and that there have been fewer abductions as a result (so we should be grateful to the McC's who've sacrificed so much for children everywhere) another is to claim that the reason people suspect that they're involved is so we don't have to face the reality that there are abductors out there who are willing to steal our children when we're out dining.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 31 Mar - 22:29

Amaral and Grime could sue on the basis of this. I hope they do. Either Gerry now believes himself to be completely untouchable, or they are in a blind panic and it is the last throw of the dice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 31 Mar - 22:31

they complain about people saying things about them but seem to think nothing of making comments against Amaral and Grimes, which could be seen as libellious. imo
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 31 Mar - 23:37

Kate & Gerry McCann have been more than happy for UK media (mainly red tops) to libel the entire Portuguese police force when it suits them. Martin Grime & Amaral & others have been abused by those at their beck and call. Do they care? I doubt it.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 31 Mar - 23:42

and lets not forget the continued slagging off the dogs!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 1 Apr - 7:09

Wintabells wrote:Thanks for this.

The question about whether they are constantly looking out for Madeleine as they walk around provoked an interesting non-response. Kate seemed positively uncomfortable about answering it and had to revert to the script... something about it being lovely weather and how nice it would be to have Madeleine with her on such a lovely day. Gerry's comment about the twins having passed the age Madeleine was when she was 'taken' made it sound like she's dead, ditto the mention of developmental milestones missed etc. Their first few answers made it sound like they know she's dead.

They begin to sound jaded to me; perhaps tired of answering the same old questions 'you know, there's only a certain amount of times I can answer that question' (about why they left the children in the first place), but I can see that Gerry's now got a couple of new tricks - one is to claim that as a result of Madeleine's 'abduction' parents are now keeping their children closer and that there have been fewer abductions as a result (so we should be grateful to the McC's who've sacrificed so much for children everywhere) another is to claim that the reason people suspect that they're involved is so we don't have to face the reality that there are abductors out there who are willing to steal our children when we're out dining.

So now it's our fault! Nothing to do with their idiotic actions and excuses, stuck shutters and impossible timelines - it's been our fault all along.

Seriously - to make such a statement you have to come up with numbers, Gerald. That is, how many children were abducted before 3/7/07 in similar circumstances and how many afterwards.

Well, the Matthews case springs to mind, Baby Lisa, Carly Anthony - these can be seen as copy crimes. Imo the situation is quite the opposite, thanks to the McCanns getting away with it and rich and famous as a result, the danger of many more abductions is the result of their 'neglect'.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 7:38

Thanks matthew, good find.

So they are still on the promotion trail, almost a year after the Book was published....this jaunt to Sweden would have cost a lot more than additional
sales of the Book, so what is the real reason? Would Transworld still be paying for this?

The Interviewer does touch on the fact the children were left alone and was not really sympathetic and this remark about the Publicity they have
received is laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

"There have been fewer abductions since Madeleiene was abducted."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 1 Apr - 7:50

Panda wrote:Thanks matthew, good find.

So they are still on the promotion trail, almost a year after the Book was published....this jaunt to Sweden would have cost a lot more than additional
sales of the Book, so what is the real reason? Would Transworld still be paying for this?

The Interviewer does touch on the fact the children were left alone and was not really sympathetic and this remark about the Publicity they have
received is laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

"There have been fewer abductions since Madeleiene was abducted."

So, where did Gerry get that little gem from?

Acknowledge your sources, Gerry! Where is the research that proves this?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 1 Apr - 7:51

"...that the reason people suspect that they're involved is so we don't have to face the reality that there are abductors out there who are willing to steal our children when we're out dining."

If the McCanns and their so-called friends had had the guts to face reality five years ago, we wouldn't be still sitting here now.

Last edited by almostgothic on Sun 1 Apr - 7:52; edited 1 time in total
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 1 Apr - 7:52

I noticed that the interviewer often nods her head in agreement with Kate and Gerry. However, when she asks the question about how far away the apartment was from the restaurant and Gerry answers 50 m, she actually shakes her head from side to side in disagreement (about 8:50). Very interesting.

Earlier in the interview Kate answers a question stating something like the only thing we can hope for is that Madeleine is happy and being treated well. Really? Why can't they hope for her safe return? Is there no hope for that? They seem to have given up on any possibility of ever finding Madeleine alive, and everything else they do is just a PR exercise or meant to raise money for the expensive lawyers search.

I also feel that they are libelous to the PJ in calling them discredited. The PJ have not been discredited, just as the McCanns have not been cleared.

jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 1 Apr - 7:53

almostgothic wrote:"...that the reason people suspect that they're involved is so we don't have to face the reality that there are abductors out there who are willing to steal our children when we're out dining."

If the McCanns and their so-called friends had had the guts to face reality five years ago, we wouldn't all be still sitting here now.

I would have thought that any parent with more than one working brain cell would have an awareness of what could happen to children left alone while parents go out dining. You don't need a medical degree to know that!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 1 Apr - 8:17

I have watched the video a couplle of times. Does Gerry have trouble holding back a smirk when asked if they will ever give up at 9.39? I also watched it with the sound down. Its more difficult to see Kates eyes but I noticed they both now blink when the other is speaking - this just used to be Gerry's trait. Also if you wach Gerry's eyes throughout - they are all over the place as he speaks. Neither of them can give a natural performance can they?
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 1 Apr - 8:24

Those two just haven't changed the script at all. Instead of saying "Never leave your children alone," it's umbrage that they can't even go out for dinner without something awful happening to a child. They reckon they have helped people face the reality that nasty things can happen. Well, Gerry and Kate, my children are now in their 30s and I never left them alone to go out dining. You see, I always reckoned that their right to be protected outweighed my right to go out for 'me time,' wining and dining.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 8:28

NoStone wrote:I have watched the video a couplle of times. Does Gerry have trouble holding back a smirk when asked if they will ever give up at 9.39? I also watched it with the sound down. Its more difficult to see Kates eyes but I noticed they both now blink when the other is speaking - this just used to be Gerry's trait. Also if you wach Gerry's eyes throughout - they are all over the place as he speaks. Neither of them can give a natural performance can they?

I think they are both aware now that they have run out of words to convey their message, they don't even bother to ask people to keep searching for Madeleine or sound convincing that they believe Madeleine is alive. This was not a search for Madeleine interview, it was buy my Book by Kate. If
this is a Transworld expense to sell Kates' Book I think the Swedish population will not be interested.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Apr - 8:35

AnnaEsse wrote:Those two just haven't changed the script at all. Instead of saying "Never leave your children alone," it's umbrage that they can't even go out for dinner without something awful happening to a child. They reckon they have helped people face the reality that nasty things can happen. Well, Gerry and Kate, my children are now in their 30s and I never left them alone to go out dining. You see, I always reckoned that their right to be protected outweighed my right to go out for 'me time,' wining and dining.

Anna, that is the nub of it: No decent Parent, by definition, does what Healy/McCann did. Not one.

And then they had the gall to claim it was "within the bounds of responsiblr Parenting" .....................

................ Laugh? I thought I'd never start.

Utterly disgusting behaviour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 1 Apr - 8:36

Within 2 hours Madeleine could have been anywhere - she could also have still been right under your noses - but you did'nt bother to look - secondary negligence in MY booik! Leave her alone while you dine and dont search when she goes missing. But then of course they knew very well that Madeleine was still right under their noses - quite literally - dont they?

Last edited by NoStone on Sun 1 Apr - 8:50; edited 1 time in total
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 1 Apr - 8:47

AnnaEsse wrote:Those two just haven't changed the script at all. Instead of saying "Never leave your children alone," it's umbrage that they can't even go out for dinner without something awful happening to a child. They reckon they have helped people face the reality that nasty things can happen. Well, Gerry and Kate, my children are now in their 30s and I never left them alone to go out dining. You see, I always reckoned that their right to be protected outweighed my right to go out for 'me time,' wining and dining.

Gosh! Yes, that's it, it's the childish last resort - it's all Maddie's fault. This is so illuminating.
Underlying all this is the fact that Maddie wasn't 'right'.
They went through a lot of trouble to have her and then they were cheated because she wasn't what they had been promised.
Then they had the perfect twins. So it wasn't their fault, it was Maddie's fault all along. Why don't people understand that?

Umbrage is the perfect word for their attitude all along. They think they are above the law, as is normal for narcissistic psychopaths. All in my opinion of course.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 1 Apr - 11:45

tigger wrote:

Gosh! Yes, that's it, it's the childish last resort - it's all Maddie's fault. This is so illuminating.
Underlying all this is the fact that Maddie wasn't 'right'.
They went through a lot of trouble to have her and then they were cheated because she wasn't what they had been promised.
Then they had the perfect twins. So it wasn't their fault, it was Maddie's fault all along. Why don't people understand that?

Umbrage is the perfect word for their attitude all along. They think they are above the law, as is normal for narcissistic psychopaths. All in my opinion of course.

Yes, Madeleine is responsible for the situation she finds herself in.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 11:53

I thought the Interviewee was having a sly dig when Kate was saying how she thought Madeleiene could be alive and they should be a Family again.

The interviewee pointed out the twins were nearly six now.....in other words they wouldn't recognise Madeleine now.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 12:37

When Gerry said that "we know now that people in Portugal and elsewhere keep their children much closer to them" as a result of what happened to Madeleine (8:03)... the interviewer cheerfully pipes up "What closer than in the UK?" New Swedish Mccanns interview 554636

Clever interviewer (imo) as she asked all the old awkward questions at the very end... putting them right on the defensive with questions re the distance from the tapas bar, and the leaving of the children, etc, forcing poor old Kate to repeat worn out mantra re how many times she's answered that question... finishing with 'obviously I've persecuted myself' New Swedish Mccanns interview 948585

They don't get it do they? If they hadn't left Maddie alone regularly, even after she cried, she would no doubt still be alive/with her family.... it is Maddie's "persecution" at the McCanns hands that led to her abysmal fate.. even the comments in Kate's bewk about her genitalia are yet another form of persecution, and that goes for whatever you believe may have happened to her.

Last edited by pennylane on Sun 1 Apr - 14:41; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 12:50

I think Gerry lets Kate do most of the talking now, seldom looks at her while she is speaking, looks straight ahead instead . These are not unintelligent people and they must know that even if Madeleine had been Abducted swanning around Europe trying to promote Kate's book is not raising money for the Fund which only gets the Royalties, a mere pittance in relation to what the McCanns received from the Serialisation and "substantial Advance.".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next