Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim

+24
wjk
Annabel
marxman
fred
interested
AnnaEsse
Justiceforallkids
Keela
margaret
Alfiefinn
mossman
tanszi
jd16
Loopdaloop
curious george
hermes333
almostgothic
Panda
matthew
pennylane
tigger
cass
quickfingers
Wintabells
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Empty Derek Acorah apologises but was there any need?/Sasha

Post  Annabel Thu 17 May - 21:07

http://littlemorsals.blogspot.com/

Derek Acorah apologises but was there any need?
Derek Acorah has apparently apologised for claiming Madeleine McCann is dead but was there any need? To my mind, saying sorry is admittance that you’ve done something wrong. If Derek Acorah truly believes that his spirit guide informed him Madeleine is in the spirit world then an apology isn’t necessary ... surely? Perhaps he and/or his agent should have kept quiet.

But that aside, I've been puzzling over why the Sun involved themselves with Derek Acorah to the point of printing a belief which opposes the abduction. They certainly wouldn’t be bailing out on the McCann couple while there’s mileage to be made and there didn't seem to be anything to warrant a ‘bury bad news day’. The puzzle deepened when I was given a copy of the Sun newspaper and realised that not only was his story on the front page but also a full spread on page 5 followed by a rather nasty “The Sun says” response on page 8 (I'll add scans soon). I can only reach one conclusion...

...In my personal opinion, the Sun’s article wasn't directed at people like me who doesn’t have one iota of faith in his so-called abilities and who look on Derek Acorah as a showman...it seems more likely that it may have been directed at his fan base, the majority of them (excluding the curious) will attend his tours because they actually believe his psychic abilities give them access to their loved ones who have passed over.

Should Derek Acorah stand on that stage in front of a packed audience and swear that he’s communicated with a dead Madeleine then he becomes a threat to Kate and Gerry McCann and their abduction scenario because if his fan base join the swell it won’t be long before it becomes a tidal wave. This is something Team McCann must want to nip in the bud, especially when it appears that those who believe Madeleine died in apartment 5a now outweigh those who believe in an abduction – at least that's what the growing numbers of blogs and forums popping up all over the internet suggests.

If so then it seems feasible to conclude that the Sun printed Derek Acorah's story to discredit him and destroy any credibility he had left before he stepped one foot on that stage. Get rid of him and it will help to stem the growing tide of opposition.

There is always a reason for something appearing in the headlines. Sometimes the answer isn't as deep as it may first seem...it’s floating somewhere on the surface.

It will be interesting to see if he stands by his statement that Madeleine is dead or now decides to back out. I wonder what his supposed spirit guide Sam would suggest?

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim

Post  Chris Thu 17 May - 21:35

I don't think he has actually apologised for saying he believes she is dead. According to the Telegraph:

Today, his agent David Hahn said the psychic regretted his views being made public.
"He would like to apologise most profusely for this story breaking and for the distress it has caused the McCanns," he told The Sun.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9270314/TV-psychic-Derek-Acorah-apologises-for-Maddie-is-dead-claim.html

So he is apologising for the Sun revealing he believes she is dead - not quite the same thing.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 Empty Re: TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim

Post  wjk Thu 17 May - 21:36

How did his views become public, I wonder?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 May - 22:10

Chris wrote:I don't think he has actually apologised for saying he believes she is dead. According to the Telegraph:

Today, his agent David Hahn said the psychic regretted his views being made public.
"He would like to apologise most profusely for this story breaking and for the distress it has caused the McCanns," he told The Sun.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9270314/TV-psychic-Derek-Acorah-apologises-for-Maddie-is-dead-claim.html

So he is apologising for the Sun revealing he believes she is dead - not quite the same thing.
And why the helll should he apologise, presumably like all of us here he's not ashamed of his opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 18 May - 0:18

I am inclined towards reasoning in the article from "littlemorsels".

TM are always ahead of the game - possibly they heard or one of their supporters read some write-up about DA and thought up this scheme. It gets them a day or two of media coverage, discredits DA and re-in forces their "sympathy gauge" with the general public.

Is it Lift Consulting that handles this side or CM. Either way they seem to be handling the McCanns nicely.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 18 May - 10:56

Angelique wrote:I am inclined towards reasoning in the article from "littlemorsels".

TM are always ahead of the game - possibly they heard or one of their supporters read some write-up about DA and thought up this scheme. It gets them a day or two of media coverage, discredits DA and re-in forces their "sympathy gauge" with the general public.

Is it Lift Consulting that handles this side or CM. Either way they seem to be handling the McCanns nicely.

I go for a simple explanation. I think it is more likely that the Sun showbiz reporter who was speaking to DA about his tour introduced MM knowing it was a topical issue. DA was probably "indiscreet" thinking that any report was going to be about his tour and that his views on MM would not be included or splashed across the front page. I think we sometimes give CM/Lift too much credit.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 18 May - 11:04

Chris wrote:
Angelique wrote:I am inclined towards reasoning in the article from "littlemorsels".

I go for a simple explanation. I think it is more likely that the Sun showbiz reporter who was speaking to DA about his tour introduced MM knowing it was a topical issue. DA was probably "indiscreet" thinking that any report was going to be about his tour and that his views on MM would not be included or splashed across the front page. I think we sometimes give CM/Lift too much credit.

Sounds more like it TV Psychic's sick 'Maddie Dead' Claim - Page 3 944533
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 18 May - 11:55

I think the pj needs to borrow Derek.....

'I am really puzzled with Scotland Yard. Why didn't they send yet a formal letter to the Portuguese Prosecutor's Office with the new 195 "potencial leads to finding" Madeleine Mccan alive that they discovered'..????

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3