Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing children day

+8
Panda
Annabel
AnnaEsse
wjk
mossman
kathybelle
mara thon
matthew
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Missing children day - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing children day

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 24 May - 8:47

tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:Hello Mossman!
Why can't the existing 'Childline' be used? That has been going for years - I don't know whether it has a good record - but this Euro effort is doomed to failure.
Putting posters inside taxis doesn't strike me as a fantastic idea. The public transport system would get far more exposure.
Pretty soon people will be claiming they've 'lost' children when they know perfectly well they've run away because their home life isn't bearable. A new hobby for the terminally bored.

At least, console yourself Mossman, it wasn't hosted by DC but by Theresa May - who was the one NOT wishing to indulge the McCanns. These receptions are always prettied up for the papers, they're boring, people stand around, the press have already written their piece the day before and it all feels and looks like a damb squib.

If there were crowds of people outside to applaud the sainted McCann - then I'd worry. Incidentally, I'm female so can be accused of being bitchy, but I'm also a figurative artist. KM wasn't beautiful to start off with imo, but I find her an unpleasant looking, masculine woman. That jawline - the little very straight nose which looks as if it's had a bit of help, doesn't fit the rest of the face. Then the eyes - nothing behind them. Beauty is both inside and outside, e.g. Nigella Lawson is beautiful because she obviously enjoys life and her looks reflect that.

Mossman, don't forget that they thought they'd have top jobs as ambassadors for lost children, be adored the world over for their wonderful work and be rubbing shoulders with the A-list. Probably promoting the microchip with the myth that something like Maddie would never happen again. There was a lot of money and status in them thar plans. All gone Missing children day - Page 2 25346

The effort in Europe has been going for a few years and was tested out a few times successfully before being rolled out across Europe. The UK is one of the last countries to adopt the system.

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/roll-out-mccanns-somebody-mentioned.html

April 4th 2010

In December 2006, an extraordinary meeting of the member states approved an initiative of the European Commission to reserve certain numbers (Starting with 116 ) for a Europe-wide alert system for missing children. This was the system which had been in operation in France since 2006 and had proved to be effective in several cases. (August 2007: abducted 5 year-old French child recovered within hours.)

Back to SkyNews:

"The network, comparable to the amber alert system in the United States, will be compatible with other European countries for the first time."

Well, hallelujah! By January 2009, 10 out of the 17 member states of the EU had adopted the European Alert system, the UK as we know, not having been amongst them, in spite of the fact of having the greatest number of missing children. (SOS Maddie blog)

But sky News tells us that the McCanns have been campaigning for such a system since their daughter disappeared! Well, no they haven't! They took up being poster children for McMillan-Scott's campaign in June 2008, when other member states had been operating an alternative system since 2006!

Since 2006, the French system, known as "Alerte Enlèvement," which is the system now introduced across most of the EU territory and finally in the UK, has recovered many missing children through rapid response to reported cases of abduction. The success of the system, according to Rachida Dati, former French Justice Minister, is due to there being very strict criteria for launching an alert. Four criteria must be met.

"Quatre critères doivent toutefois être réunis pour que le plan soit déclenché : il doit s'agir d'un enlèvement avéré, et non d'une simple disparition, même inquiétante ; la vie ou l'intégrité physique de la victime doit être en danger ; le procureur de la République est en possession éléments d'informations dont la diffusion permettrait de localiser l'enfant ou le suspect ; et la victime doit être mineure." (Duarte Levy)

1) It must be a confirmed abduction and not just a disappearance, however worrying.

2) The victim's life or physical safety must be at risk.

3) The Public Prosecutor must be in possession of sufficient information which, if broadcast, would help to locate the child or the suspect.

4) The victim must be a minor.

So, why is the press wheeling out the McCanns today in relation to this alert system, when they had nothing to do with its inception or its introduction? This is the system that they unsuccessfully tried to replace with McMillan-Scott's version of the American Amber Alert.

And would an alert have helped to find Madeleine in May 2007, given the above criteria?

1) Not met. There was no evidence of an abduction.

2) Maybe. If Maddie was still alive after 10pm on May 3rd, it is highly likely that she would be in physical danger.

3) Not met. The information available would not have helped locate Maddie or the alleged abductor. Small child, last seen in her bed, not there now, man seen carrying a bundle that could have been a child. Description: an egg with hair!

4) Met. One out of four ain't bad? No, it ain't good!

I meant principally the cooperation between the countries contracted. The French directives seem eminently sensible - the McCann disappearance cannot be shoehorned into this at all. But the Mirror has Ben Needham on the front page! At last!

Didn't G and K give a powerpoint presentation to MEPs in Brussels about this?- trying to hijack an existing agreement already signed by various countries as if they had dreamt it up themselves?

They did try to hijack it by going to Strasbourg and appealing for an American Amber Alert system, when the French system had already been accepted by most member states.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Missing children day - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing children day - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 24 May - 8:58

Rachida Dati warned that the alert system should only be used if 4 strict criteria were met (see previous post) There had to be good information about the child, who might have taken her/him, and a vehicle description if possible. If the 4 criteria were not met, there would be little chance of finding the child and the public, as well as the authorities would lose faith in the system. Under those 4 criteria, an alert would not have been triggered in Madeleine's case.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
Missing children day - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing children day - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 May - 9:02

Panda, never fear, here's The Sun report.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4335043/A-child-disappears-in-UK-every-3-minutes-help-us-find-them-on-International-Missing-Childrens-Day.html

It's not that bad; Kate isn't the star of the show for once; lots of missing children are mentioned. Fortunately it wasn't left entirely to Antonella to "write" a story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 24 May - 9:53

kitti wrote:
almostgothic wrote:And here we go ......

"Really positive": Maddy's mum Kate goes to Downing Street to back new missing children hotline

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-mum-kate-goes-845462

Please excuse me - I have an appointment with a sick bucket ...

Look at her smileling yet outside when they ake a photo off her she is sooooo sad looking....so fake.

And I bet she's the only one there with 'her' PR guy following close behind. What the hell is he there for? Can she not do anything by herself??
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 24 May - 9:56

kitti wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I've just been looking at the front pages of the daily newspapers, on the Sky News website. There is an article on the front page of the Daily Mirror, which says that Ben Needham, could be buried at a Greek Building site. According to the article, the police want to begin digging. I can only imagine what Ben's mum is going through at this time.

Notice the 'dig' at the needhams.

Christine and Eddie recall eating lunch inside with Michaelis to escape the searing heat.

The grandparents say that at 2.30pm Christine realised Ben had gone quiet while playing outdoors in temperatures of more than 30C, and searched for him on the surrounding land.

At least three hours passed before the frantic grandparents contacted police to report Ben missing and provide a picture of the youngster.

Totally out of order!
I feel so, so sorry for Kerry and her parents.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 24 May - 10:30

Imagine how Theresa May felt having 'that person' gatecrashing this event, but what was she supposed to do - cause a scandal by refusing to have KM participate? But Theresa May is not alone; imagine how the majority of people feel when 'that person' is foisted onto them by the slimy Mitchell and steals their show at their event. KM and Mitchell have a lot in common - not least a skin as thick as a rhino's. Mitchell may talk the talk about being put up as a Tory candidate for Parliament, but it will never happen. Imagine how people would react to having him as their candidate - at last the public would be able to demonstrate what they really think of him for his ongoing part in the McCann affair - and that is one risk Mitchell is not going to take. Make no mistake here, KM attending this event hosted by Theresa May was arranged by Mitchell and was purely a PR exercise. Theresa May has a long memory and she will not have forgotten the McCanns and by proxy Mitchell, briefing against her in the media including the Sun newspaper. As a matter of interest it was Theresa May who wanted to bring in someone from the outside, an extremely successful man from USA I believe, to head the Met, but she was overruled by Cameron. Now why does it make sense to bring in someone from the outside to sort out the Met? After seeing Wurzel Redwood's TV performance on behalf of the McCanns it doesn't take too much imagination to figure that one out. So, the Met is headed by a McCann baloon or lantern launcher, but Theresa May and her supporters are still there and the day of reckoning will eventually come - of that I do not have the slightest doubt.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 24 May - 10:37

T4two wrote:Imagine how Theresa May felt having 'that person' gatecrashing this event, but what was she supposed to do - cause a scandal by refusing to have KM participate? But Theresa May is not alone; imagine how the majority of people feel when 'that person' is foisted onto them by the slimy Mitchell and steals their show at their event. KM and Mitchell have a lot in common - not least a skin as thick as a rhino's. Mitchell may talk the talk about being put up as a Tory candidate for Parliament, but it will never happen. Imagine how people would react to having him as their candidate - at last the public would be able to demonstrate what they really think of him for his ongoing part in the McCann affair - and that is one risk Mitchell is not going to take. Make no mistake here, KM attending this event hosted by Theresa May was arranged by Mitchell and was purely a PR exercise. Theresa May has a long memory and she will not have forgotten the McCanns and by proxy Mitchell, briefing against her in the media including the Sun newspaper. As a matter of interest it was Theresa May who wanted to bring in someone from the outside, an extremely successful man from USA I believe, to head the Met, but she was overruled by Cameron. Now why does it make sense to bring in someone from the outside to sort out the Met? After seeing Wurzel Redwood's TV performance on behalf of the McCanns it doesn't take too much imagination to figure that one out. So, the Met is headed by a McCann baloon or lantern launcher, but Theresa May and her supporters are still there and the day of reckoning will eventually come - of that I do not have the slightest doubt.

I agree about KM and Mitchell. I think Kate McCann has some cheek turning up at that event, when she and Gerry tried to have the American Amber Alert system introduced instead of the 116 system, which was already being rolled out across Europe when they went to Strasbourg. Not only that, but when Madeleine disappeared, the case would not have fulfilled the criteria for the triggering of an alert.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 May - 10:39

kitti wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I've just been looking at the front pages of the daily newspapers, on the Sky News website. There is an article on the front page of the Daily Mirror, which says that Ben Needham, could be buried at a Greek Building site. According to the article, the police want to begin digging. I can only imagine what Ben's mum is going through at this time.

Christine and Eddie recall eating lunch inside with Michaelis to escape the searing heat.

The grandparents say that at 2.30pm Christine realised Ben had gone quiet while playing outdoors in temperatures of more than 30C, and searched for him on the surrounding land.

At least three hours passed before the frantic grandparents contacted police to report Ben missing and provide a picture of the youngster.

1. At least the grandparents went out and bloody well looked.
2. And then they phoned the police, and not the papers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 May - 10:42

And this from Kerry

“She went from nine-and-a-half stone to six stone in just a month.”

Ben’s disappearance was echoed 16 years later when four-year-old Madeleine McCann vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal. But the similarity ends there.

Kerry says every time she has written to a Prime Minister begging for help, she has been rejected.

She says most recently she was “hurt” by Tory leader David Cameron, who has declared his support and provided funds for Kate and Gerry McCann’s search for their missing daughter.

Scotland Yard detectives are now reviewing the case, armed with 28 officers and seven civilian workers.

They say they believe there is a chance Madeleine is still alive.

Kerry says: “I thought, ‘What about me?’ When I asked for help I got nothing. I wrote to David Cameron begging him to help and the letter I got back was cold.

"I have never thrown anything away but his reply went straight in the bin.

“David Cameron made me feel like I’m not good enough,” adds Kerry, who runs a fencing supply company. “It’s devastating after I’ve battled so hard.”
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 24 May - 10:48

Iris wrote:
kitti wrote:

1. At least the grandparents went out and bloody well looked.
2. And then they phoned the police, and not the papers.

Yes, and IMO they reacted in a 'normal' manner in that they did not notify the police immediately but searched for the child themselves. I think that way back then most people had the attitude that they would not want to involve the police straight away because they would hope that the child had just wandered off. All that has changed of course since the McCanns - call the police, scream abduction, start a fund etc has become almost a norm and people who have acted normally in the past are now criticized.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Missing children day - Page 2 Empty Anybody willing to...?

Post  tigger Thu 24 May - 11:49

Put a comment in the papers suggesting that since the taxpayers are now funding this 'search' perhaps the Fund could finance regular advertisements for missing children in buses and tube trains? I'm sure the good people who gave their hard earned money to the Fund would be delighted!.

Shall we? Next article on the McCanns - I'm registering to post!

Perhaps we could even petition the Fund to do so! Missing children day - Page 2 849426
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Missing children day - Page 2 Empty Missing persons Data and Analysis

Post  Annabel Thu 24 May - 12:01

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 May - 12:36

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda, never fear, here's The Sun report.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4335043/A-child-disappears-in-UK-every-3-minutes-help-us-find-them-on-International-Missing-Childrens-Day.html

It's not that bad; Kate isn't the star of the show for once; lots of missing children are mentioned. Fortunately it wasn't left entirely to Antonella to "write" a story.

Thanks a lot NBY!!!! However, you won't spoil my day because "I feel pretty, oh so pretty" , having just returned from a scan at the Hospital which
proved nothing to worry about the Bus was packed and I was standing. A Man a few feet away got up to offer his seat ( a bit rare these days) and the
Man behind me stood up and said, "here you are love, you can sit here". I thanked him and muttered something about two Gents offering their seats
and he said "You shouldn't be so Good Looking "!!!!!! O.K. O.K. so he should have gone to specsaver, but he made my day. Missing children day - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 24 May - 13:16

Interesting - listening to the McCanns or reading the garbage in the press one could be forgiven for thinking that there are little children disappearing at an alarming rate every day, but when you take a look at the statistics, they show a very different picture indeed. Sad as it is for the parents in genuine cases, as far as toddlers are concerned, such cases are few and far between. The statistics don't support the propaganda put out by the McCann machine; like everything else it's a smokescreen.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 May - 14:51

Errr... quite a few of those "missing kids" have been taken by family members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 May - 16:33

Madeleines is the only one that says 'snatched'.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 May - 16:40

But surely I've read some authoritative source that says she suffered an "accident" in 5A which proved fatal and that her body was then secreted by (ahem) person's unknown and that her Parents and others "simulated an abduction"?

I'm positive this is stated in the Police Files.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 25 May - 13:57

T4two wrote:

Interesting - listening to the McCanns or reading the garbage in the press one could be forgiven for thinking that there are little children disappearing at an alarming rate every day, but when you take a look at the statistics, they show a very different picture indeed. Sad as it is for the parents in genuine cases, as far as toddlers are concerned, such cases are few and far between. The statistics don't support the propaganda put out by the McCann machine; like everything else it's a smokescreen.

Tut, tut, T4two, this is a job creation scheme which may well be EU funded. In order to become Ambassador for lost children you've got to have a sizeable number of lost children to represent at - well, I don't know, parties at nr. 10, conferences, meetings with heads of state and so on.

The McCann unique template can then be implemented (Gerry said something like this in an interview in Rome, just after the Papal blessing - or was that Paypal blessing - he said that if you control even the minor things - one could cope and it would be a template for other people who'd lost a child - you can't make it up!)

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 25 May - 18:17

I was looking at the pictures of this event (with the Sondheim song Ladies Who Lunch running through my head) and wondering to myself - how many of these posh bunfights are there, with bottled Stepford blondes, their PRs, suited worthies and various assorted duchesses shaking hands and grinning for the snappers? How many canapes have been chomped, how many bottles of plonk have been guzzled, in the name of missing people?
Same old incestuous bunch doing the social rounds, but to what effect?
If incestuous seems like a strong word, note Mitchell is now doing PR for PACT. And Gamble is a board member. Coincidence?
Take note you charities out there - are you brave enough to root out your 'cuckoos in the nest' before your own eggs are pushed out and hit the ground? Will the day come when your regular members feel like useful idiots, just there to make the numbers up?
A wise tutor I once knew said that organisations were not run for the greater good, but for the people who populate them. He said it 25 years ago and it still holds true today.

The missing are still missing.
Still, never mind, say 'cheese' and pass the vol-au-vents ......

http://lyrics.is/song-ladies-who-lunch-lyrics-stephen-sondheim.html
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 26 May - 14:52

almostgothic wrote:I was looking at the pictures of this event (with the Sondheim song Ladies Who Lunch running through my head) and wondering to myself - how many of these posh bunfights are there, with bottled Stepford blondes, their PRs, suited worthies and various assorted duchesses shaking hands and grinning for the snappers? How many canapes have been chomped, how many bottles of plonk have been guzzled, in the name of missing people?
Same old incestuous bunch doing the social rounds, but to what effect?
If incestuous seems like a strong word, note Mitchell is now doing PR for PACT. And Gamble is a board member. Coincidence?
Take note you charities out there - are you brave enough to root out your 'cuckoos in the nest' before your own eggs are pushed out and hit the ground? Will the day come when your regular members feel like useful idiots, just there to make the numbers up?
A wise tutor I once knew said that organisations were not run for the greater good, but for the people who populate them. He said it 25 years ago and it still holds true today.

The missing are still missing.
Still, never mind, say 'cheese' and pass the vol-au-vents ......

http://lyrics.is/song-ladies-who-lunch-lyrics-stephen-sondheim.html

This is a brilliant post worthy of Sondheim himself. It's well worth using the link to access the lyrics and judge this post on the strength of them. Yes, too much of this charity work is a 'game' for the chattering class - just thinking about a certain Ms Meyer and the gigantic salary she awards heself leaving very little if anything for the actual intended beneficiaries of her so-called charity. It's high time that the awarding of charity status was subjected to far closer scrutiny, but there again it's the same little clique running that show as well.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2