Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself

+8
cherry1
widowan
Panda
tanszi
wjk
comperedna
kathybelle
Annabel
12 posters

Go down

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Empty Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself

Post  Annabel Thu 12 Jul - 8:21

http://onlyinamericablogging.blogspot.com/

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That
How to get your message across without getting wound up. Not something I manage to do in the main.

July 12, 2012

R.F.Wilson writes from London: Pardon me for asking but what exactly was Kate McCann thinking when she agreed to become the ambassador for the charity Missing People that deals with issues concerning people going missing. How did it actually play out between her and her public relations advisors? And what was the charity itself thinking when it offered Kate the position of its ambassador? Because let’s face it, she’s not exactly the best person by far to advice anyone on missing people, having left her own kids without supervision when one of them, 4-year-old Madeleine, went missing.

The whole point of preventing people, especially children, from disappearing is to keep an eye on them or, failing that, hiring someone to do that. Kate and her husband Gerry failed to do both of these thing when on a sunny day in May 2007 they decided to leave their children all by themselves in their holiday apartment in a Portuguese sea resort to have dinner with friends.

The McCanns seem not to understand that they are coming across as pretty unpleasant people, having joined the celeb circuit with the help of some dodgy public relations weasels, who obviously had good contacts in the media. Luckily for them Rebekah Brooks, the vain and unintelligent editor of the Sun newspaper, decided that Madeleine’s disappearance would be a great story to run, for weeks and months, with the two parents sharing their grief with the world but never mentioning the fact that they were the main cause of it. It was only a matter of time before the search for Maddy turned into some sort of international public relations campaign, with McCanns getting all offended if anyone dared to point out to them that they should really start grieving in private and raise money to fund their search in a less obvious way.

But encouraged by their advisors the couple pressed onwards, irritating more and more people for obvious reasons. It became pretty clear at some point that Madeleine was dead and that efforts by her parents to keep the interest in her fate alive smacked more of a publicity campaign than of a proper search. And when Prime Minister David Cameron decided to intervene, probably pushed to it by his friend, Rebekah, and ordered a full blown investigation by Scotland Yard into Madeleine’s disappearance, it all started to look distinctly unpleasant. Why should 40 odd investigators be spending their time looking for a child who had disappeared because her parents decided to have some fun and not spend any money on a nanny who was available at their holiday home? It actually looked bizarre, this decision to reopen the case at a cost of millions. It smacked of some perverted sense of justice, if justice is a proper word here.

The McCanns, who are obviously not very intelligent people, can’t seem to understand that their behaviour is offensive to people, who have lost their children through no fault of their own and yet didn’t make a huge fuss of it in public. And both Kate and Gerry should realise that under the circumstance they should be blaming themselves and calling on others never to leave their kids alone. Instead, they pretend to be victims of tragic circumstances rather than accept that they are the ones who are responsible for what had happened on that day. http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/07/12/kate-mccann-becomes-ambassador-for-a-missing-people-charity-odd-move-that/

Posted by Himself at 07:19
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Empty Re: Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself

Post  kathybelle Thu 12 Jul - 9:56

Annabel wrote:http://onlyinamericablogging.blogspot.com/

How to get your message across without getting wound up. Not something I manage to do in the main.

July 12, 2012

R.F.Wilson writes from London: Pardon me for asking but what exactly was Kate McCann thinking when she agreed to become the ambassador for the charity Missing People that deals with issues concerning people going missing. How did it actually play out between her and her public relations advisors? And what was the charity itself thinking when it offered Kate the position of its ambassador? Because let’s face it, she’s not exactly the best person by far to advice anyone on missing people, having left her own kids without supervision when one of them, 4-year-old Madeleine, went missing.

The whole point of preventing people, especially children, from disappearing is to keep an eye on them or, failing that, hiring someone to do that. Kate and her husband Gerry failed to do both of these thing when on a sunny day in May 2007 they decided to leave their children all by themselves in their holiday apartment in a Portuguese sea resort to have dinner with friends.

The McCanns seem not to understand that they are coming across as pretty unpleasant people, having joined the celeb circuit with the help of some dodgy public relations weasels, who obviously had good contacts in the media. Luckily for them Rebekah Brooks, the vain and unintelligent editor of the Sun newspaper, decided that Madeleine’s disappearance would be a great story to run, for weeks and months, with the two parents sharing their grief with the world but never mentioning the fact that they were the main cause of it. It was only a matter of time before the search for Maddy turned into some sort of international public relations campaign, with McCanns getting all offended if anyone dared to point out to them that they should really start grieving in private and raise money to fund their search in a less obvious way.

But encouraged by their advisors the couple pressed onwards, irritating more and more people for obvious reasons. It became pretty clear at some point that Madeleine was dead and that efforts by her parents to keep the interest in her fate alive smacked more of a publicity campaign than of a proper search. And when Prime Minister David Cameron decided to intervene, probably pushed to it by his friend, Rebekah, and ordered a full blown investigation by Scotland Yard into Madeleine’s disappearance, it all started to look distinctly unpleasant. Why should 40 odd investigators be spending their time looking for a child who had disappeared because her parents decided to have some fun and not spend any money on a nanny who was available at their holiday home? It actually looked bizarre, this decision to reopen the case at a cost of millions. It smacked of some perverted sense of justice, if justice is a proper word here.

The McCanns, who are obviously not very intelligent people, can’t seem to understand that their behaviour is offensive to people, who have lost their children through no fault of their own and yet didn’t make a huge fuss of it in public. And both Kate and Gerry should realise that under the circumstance they should be blaming themselves and calling on others never to leave their kids alone. Instead, they pretend to be victims of tragic circumstances rather than accept that they are the ones who are responsible for what had happened on that day. http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/07/12/kate-mccann-becomes-ambassador-for-a-missing-people-charity-odd-move-that/

Posted by Himself at 07:19

Good morning Annabel

Thanks very much for posting this very poweful statement, I hope the poster sent a copy of his post to the Missing People charity. I wonder how long it take before the charity does the decent thing and gets rid of Kate McCann, along with the person/s who saw fit to give her this position in the first place.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Empty Excellent piece of writing

Post  comperedna Thu 12 Jul - 11:28

Just wanted to add my two pennorth... Spot on!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself Empty Re: Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself

Post  wjk Thu 12 Jul - 14:05

Brilliant!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 14 Jul - 12:19

Just noticed this.......excellent article, thanks Annabel Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself 307691

I wonder, with all the e-mails missing people have received the negative comments on several Blogs and Forums, will Kate step down???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 14 Jul - 12:43

i will be vbery surprised if she did. Inthe billboard photo her stance reminds me of the people fired on The Apprentice. you know when they have a photo opportunity to say why they had to go and whose fault it was.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 14 Jul - 12:47

tanszi wrote:i will be vbery surprised if she did. Inthe billboard photo her stance reminds me of the people fired on The Apprentice. you know when they have a photo opportunity to say why they had to go and whose fault it was.

Hi tanszi .....Yeah , I remember , Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself 294124 As my dear departed Mother would have said "Who does she think she is, Lady Muck"
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 14 Jul - 23:40

This Missing people thingy doesn't seem like a normal charity though.

One of the threads has posted their financial statement and in it it talks about their remit and so on and it seems like they put "missing" people ie people who have run away back with the parents -they refer to children or adults using their cell phone to call this new number 116 000 or something, to be reconnected with their parents.

Well, for the love of God, if the child has a cell phone and is old enough to read up on the missing children charity and call them and so on, on their CELL PHONE, why would they not simply call their own FAMILY and reunite on their own? Why the middle man? Most kids who run away do it repeatedly because they don't want to be at home often for good reasons like sexual or physical abuse.

I don't think anyone who can call up and ask the center to reunite them with their parents - is physically and emotoinally able to do such a thing - remembers the phone number and has a phone on which to call - would need this service. It doesn't seem like they look for missing children or help them.

Out of 1.9M turnover they did 1.3M in salaries, quite a good chunk of that for the fund raisers which I presume would include Lady Muck. But what these people are doing or how effective it is I don't know.

Their example is some 15 year old who was "found" and reunited with her parents, she wasn't at home by her own choice, she hadn't been kidnapped. Do they search out the shelters and street corners, reclaiming girls from a life of prositution or poverty and drugs? And get them to go home? Or what.

I am trying to picture calling them up and saying my child is missing, what would they do? Now, I guess, flash her photo on the advert board. So someone sees that and does what? Goes up to the kid and says are you missing Amanda Binks or whoever?

I guess if there are a quarter million runaways and missing kids in the UK this billboard thing could be a way to help. Kate and Gerry have been seething about their failed attempt to try and take credit for the European Amber Alert ever since that fell through.

I think Kate is a terrible choice however as ambassador. surely there is someone else who gets attention who could advocate for the missing kids, a celebrity who didn't lose her child while she was out "dining" in the boozer and then lie about it.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 31 Dec - 0:21

I cant see Kate on their home page any more and she is not listed as an Ambassador.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Mon 31 Dec - 1:05

cherry1 wrote:I cant see Kate on their home page any more and she is not listed as an Ambassador.

How she could be in the first place was a total joke
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 31 Dec - 1:05

cherry1 wrote:I cant see Kate on their home page any more and she is not listed as an Ambassador.

Go to website. Hit third from left "Join the Search". Drop-down menu appears. Select item 4 "Kate's Mission" Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself 371436

http://www.helpfindmychild.netwww.missingpeople.org.uk/

Kate McCann Becomes Ambassador For The Charity Missing People. Odd Choice That/Himself 284844
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 31 Dec - 1:09

Thats a bit odd cos they refer to her there as ambassador but have taken her off the
ambassador page and pic that was on home page. Maybe they have forgotten to take her
off the Kate mission page!

if they still want to have her on board, in time they will live to regret it.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Mon 31 Dec - 1:22

cherry1 wrote:Thats a bit odd cos they refer to her there as ambassador but have taken her off the
ambassador page and pic that was on home page. Maybe they have forgotten to take her

Sounds like they are trying to keep a low profile and have hidden that she is still ambassador
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 31 Dec - 1:28

cherry1 wrote:Thats a bit odd cos they refer to her there as ambassador but have taken her off the

You may very well be right about that. Not much mileage in having an ambassador on the homepage who the majority think is at the very least "a bit dodgy".
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 31 Dec - 8:33

She's certainly on a mission.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 31 Dec - 8:37

I just got on to the website OK, but when I clicked Kate's Mission, Firefox popped up and informed me that: This Connection Is Untrusted.

Now it might just be an over-zealous browser settings configuration on my part, but - oh the irony!

Needless to say I took the Get Me Out Of Here! option ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 31 Dec - 9:08

Sadly, my computer trusts the connection!

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/everyday-ways/the-big-tweet-2012

Also, you can still access the carol service (in which Kate appeared and read a poem) via the Home page.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down