Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns v Bennet

+35
Bobsy
Chris
fuzeta
interested
cass
Annabel
Panda
HiDeHo
jeanmonroe
xtina
Lillyofthevalley
matthew
AnnaEsse
Loopdaloop
cherry1
Karen
Justiceforallkids
chrissie
ProfessorPlum
comperedna
mossman
fred
dazedandconfused
kathybelle
jay2001
nospinnaker
marxman
pennylane
almostgothic
weissnicht
ELI
MaryB
tabs
tigger
dutchclogs
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

McCanns v Bennet  - Page 6 Empty Re: McCanns v Bennet

Post  interested Thu 1 Nov - 16:55

The article quotes Mr. Bennett: "I believe that in a country where freedom of speech is valued so highly I should have the right to publish what I believe to be credible evidence about what happened to Madeleine."

I've said it before and I firmly believe and admire Mr. Bennett who, based on what he believes as credible evidence, is prepared to stand for what he believes is right and is not prepared to accept the McCanns' objections to his right.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
McCanns v Bennet  - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns v Bennet  - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 1 Nov - 17:41

Good publicity: Will make people want to know what is going on. Well done Tony
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
McCanns v Bennet  - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns v Bennet  - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 1 Nov - 19:32

I hope he has been misquoted in admitting contempt of court.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Thu 1 Nov - 19:44

Chris wrote:I hope he has been misquoted in admitting contempt of court.

He has.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 2 Nov - 6:44

Mr Justice Tugendhat underlined the vital importance of court orders and undertakings being obeyed and directed that the couple’s case against Mr Bennett should be heard "as soon as practicable".

The case is not about whether the McCanns are guilty of concealing a cadaver and simulating an abduction - it is about whether Mr Bennet has breached undertakings given to the court that he would desist from publicly making certain allegations in this respect. I fear that as far as the court is concerned, the question of whether Mr. Bennett's suspicions about the McCanns are well founded or whether the undertakings were given under duress will be of little interest and that it is actually more important from their point of view that they set an example here irrespective of the background as to why the court was allegedly not obeyed.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 3 Nov - 8:54

Copied and pasted from Jills forum.

A misunderstanding by t4two
Tony Bennett Today at 8:44 am

.This posting by t4two has appeared in another place (MM):

Mr Justice Tugendhat underlined the vital importance of court orders and undertakings being obeyed and directed that the couple’s case against Mr Bennett should be heard "as soon as practicable".

The case is not about whether the McCanns are guilty of concealing a cadaver and simulating an abduction - it is about whether Mr Bennet has breached undertakings given to the court that he would desist from publicly making certain allegations in this respect. I fear that as far as the court is concerned, the question of whether Mr. Bennett's suspicions about the McCanns are well founded or whether the undertakings were given under duress will be of little interest and that it is actually more important from their point of view that they set an example here irrespective of the background as to why the court was allegedly not obeyed.

UNQUOTE

It seems pretty obvious that t4two has not read the Tugendhat judgment. If he had done, he would have realised that the committal trial (whether I have breached any of the undertakings given) will be followed by my application to 'lift the stay' i.e. an application to reinstate the libel proceedings against me which were adjourned, i.e. suspended, back in November 2009.

It remains of course to be seen as to whether I have a valid defence for any apparent breaches of any of the 16 undertakings given.

Maybe a member here who is also a member on MM could put him right?.

Tony Bennett