Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett

+17
almostgothic
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
squeaker
joyce1938
ann_chovey
frencheuropean
ProfessorPlum
Loopdaloop
interested
Justiceforallkids
tanszi
Panda
MaryB
jeanmonroe
Palmeras16
Karen
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Empty Re: The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett

Post  Loopdaloop Thu 21 Feb - 13:15

did he get the stay lifted on the libel proceedings though? as we knew he was in contempt, yet we want everything properly tested in the court of law!!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Empty Re: The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett

Post  cass Thu 21 Feb - 13:22

tbh i hope that tony not going to jail will hopefully let him get on with his life -- he has done more for madeleine than anyone -- i hope he gets on with his life in peace now -- i have read a post on jh site re tony buying a buriel plot and im crying my eyes out -- how can 2 people that left 3 small babys have a man reduced to this action
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 21 Feb - 13:23

Any sentence can be appealed.
Is that an option after todays judgement?
And also if there were a possibility of 'being jailed' can TB now apply for legal aid?
on appeal?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 21 Feb - 13:26

When will the costs be known. And also can Tony take it to the European courts.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 13:26

The Mccanns may off won today , but what exactly have they won.

They have won a case against a pensioner but they haven't made it 'news' that they are doing this.

Madeleine has lost, it should off been Mccanns vs Madeleine because they are stopping her getting the justice she deserves.

They don't care if he goes to prison for 10 years , they really couldn't give a toss about Tony, what they care about is IMAGE...as long as the pros keep on believing they don't really care about the Antis.

If the likes of Bren ever think that the Mccanns are grateful to them then they need their heads tested ...your being used the lot off you and what the Mccanns think off you is.....your suckers ...their celebs now, their NEW best friends, people with clout and money that can use the media to put across their own views because the rest off us can't do that......

Every day the Mccanns get out off bed they lose a bit more off their dignity but they don't care, it's worth it to them.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 13:30

cass wrote:tbh i hope that tony not going to jail will hopefully let him get on with his life -- he has done more for madeleine than anyone -- i hope he gets on with his life in peace now -- i have read a post on jh site re tony buying a buriel plot and im crying my eyes out -- how can 2 people that left 3 small babys have a man reduced to this action

Cass.....they don't care that's why they are doing this, do you think they care about a pensioner when they didn't care about Madeleine when she was being hidden...they don't care about the twins either because if they did they wouldnt off did what they did...they care about themselves and money and thats it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 21 Feb - 13:32

kitti wrote:If Tony is to pay costs then it would be court costs.

After all...carter ruck are working for free, remember.

I think the court costs were roughly £2,000 or less.

I but the 'huge amount of work they do quietly behind the scenes' didn't stem to this case. Despite what they say l believe the McCanns want Tony destroyed so they will try to get thousands out of him.

Imagine how truly vapid and evil you have to be for trying to bankrupt a pensioner because he disagrees with your opinion!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 13:48

They are evil but do they care people think they are, no they don't .

Gerry McCann thinks hes 'the man' and so narcissistic that he doesn't even notice that people loathe him and Kate McCann sends her kids to school by the bus so she doesnt have to engage in us underlings...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 21 Feb - 13:50

margaret i agree they wanted to break him in jail -- the only reason that they have said they dont want him jailed at the last min is because of public op imo -they care about nothing apart from themselfs -- if they did madeleine would still be with us --
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 14:00

But we are all something that the Mccanns will NEVER be and which they wish they were...we will never be known as child neglecters , we will never have people whispering behind our backs, we can go into shops, pubs and restaurants and never have people staring at us and wondering..did they or didn't they....and they will NEVER NOT be known as that 'mccann couple who left their children alone in the dark and because off that one off the children is missing'.....They can't hide from that no matter where they are or what country they are in and no amount off money can take that away from them so good luck to them...I won't be waiting for a Knock on the door every day or worried about what is written in a newspaper.

'if she's dead she's dead...but not by there hands'....Clarence Mitchell.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 21 Feb - 14:12

and i think i speak for all of us when i say we are not going anywhere no matter what the pros and the mcanns wish for we cant abadon maddie like they have so dont cry cass maddie needs us more then ever
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 21 Feb - 14:15

kitti wrote:But we are all something that the Mccanns will NEVER be and which they wish they were...we will never be known as child neglecters , we will never have people whispering behind our backs, we can go into shops, pubs and restaurants and never have people staring at us and wondering..did they or didn't they....and they will NEVER NOT be known as that 'mccann couple who left their children alone in the dark and because off that one off the children is missing'.....They can't hide from that no matter where they are or what country they are in and no amount off money can take that away from them so good luck to them...I won't be waiting for a Knock on the door every day or worried about what is written in a newspaper.

'if she's dead she's dead...but not by there hands'....Clarence Mitchell.-- agreed kitti -- we can lead normal lifes -- their normal life as any one knows as normal stopped on 3rd of may 2007 --respect you cannot buy its earned -- they have none and never will have

cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Thu 21 Feb - 14:25

The End Is Nigh wrote:cass, Healy & McCann may well have financial resources, but they do not have public support or any form of moral compass and there are simply too many around the world who do not believe them.

So, far from letting them wear us down, be positive and carry on helping to wear them down The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 944533

I AGREE The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 307691 The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 944533
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Thu 21 Feb - 14:35

Justiceforallkids wrote:and i think i speak for all of us when i say we are not going anywhere no matter what the pros and the mcanns wish for we cant abadon maddie like they have so dont cry cass maddie needs us more then ever

The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 463742 The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 307691 The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 307691 The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 Icon_flower
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 21 Feb - 14:39

Justiceforallkids wrote:and i think i speak for all of us when i say we are not going anywhere no matter what the pros and the mcanns wish for we cant abadon maddie like they have so dont cry cass maddie needs us more then ever

Well said!!!!

I see that Sky News has posted, "Madeleine McCann: Man Sentenced Over Claims".

I hope this gets wide coverage in the U.K. press; it should bring out all those we are not willing to abandon Madeleine like her parents have done. She deserves the dignity to rest in peace.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Feb - 15:06

Madeleine McCann: Man Sentenced Over Claims

A man is given a suspended prison sentence for contempt of
court for publishing claims about the parents of Madeleine McCann.

2:19pm UK,
Thursday 21 February 2013
The Verdict: McCann & anr. vs Bennett - Page 2 15566317-522x293
Madeleine went missing on a holiday to Portugal in May

• A retired solicitor who published claims that Madeleine McCann's
    parents caused her death has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Mr Justice Tugendhat said 65-year-old Tony Bennett deliberately flouted legal
    undertakings, given in November 2009, not to repeat allegations about the
    couple.

Bennett's conduct, the judge said, was so serious that nothing less than a
    custodial sentence of three months, suspended for one year, would reflect the
    harm he had done.

Finding Bennett guilty of contempt of court, the judge added: "I am sure that
    he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the
    death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what
    happened and covered up what they had done."

The judge, at London's High Court, said he was satisfied that Bennett, of
    Harlow, Essex, was in breach of the undertakings in each of the 13
    representative instances before the court - out of 153 publications complained
    of.

He was not asked to make findings in relation to the other alleged
    breaches.

He commented: "It is essential for the rule of law that injunctions and court
    orders be obeyed. It can't be an answer that the person who is giving an
    undertaking or subject to an injunction can ignore it with impunity while it is
    in force."

Bennett, who was ordered to pay the costs of the litigation, apologised to
    the court.
    ===================
    Iv'e just come in and saw this ..... what is Tony obliged to pay, surely not the McCanns as well
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 21 Feb - 15:23

kitti wrote:The Mccanns may off won today , but what exactly have they won.

They have won a case against a pensioner but they haven't made it 'news' that they are doing this.

Madeleine has lost, it should off been Mccanns vs Madeleine because they are stopping her getting the justice she deserves.

They don't care if he goes to prison for 10 years , they really couldn't give a toss about Tony, what they care about is IMAGE...as long as the pros keep on believing they don't really care about the Antis.

If the likes of Bren ever think that the Mccanns are grateful to them then they need their heads tested ...your being used the lot off you and what the Mccanns think off you is.....your suckers ...their celebs now, their NEW best friends, people with clout and money that can use the media to put across their own views because the rest off us can't do that......

Every day the Mccanns get out off bed they lose a bit more off their dignity but they don't care, it's worth it to them.

I don't think they have "won" anything at all, quite the opposite.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 21 Feb - 15:42

i dont have any respect for the McCanns since the day i learnt one of their versions that they allegedly left their three children without proper adult supervision in a holiday flat with unlocked doors in a foreign country, allowing one of them to disappear. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 15:51

This little snippet added on from the Liverpool echo

He added: “I recognise the distress I have caused on a number of occasions to the claimants. I would like to apologise to them for that distress.”

The judge said that Gerry and Liverpool-born Kate McCann, who have not attended court, had suffered injury to their reputations and feelings and resorted to legal action not to punish Mr Bennett – but to put a stop to his repeated conduct.

Later, Clarence Mitchell, the McCann family spokesman, said: “Kate and Gerry McCann brought these committal proceedings very much as a last resort.

“Mr Bennett has pursued an incessant campaign against them, repeatedly making false accusations against them, and ignoring the fact that the Portuguese authorities confirmed there was simply no evidence to implicate them in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.”

He added: “Kate and Gerry McCann are pleased with the Court’s decision today and hope that it finally marks an end to Mr Bennett’s campaign against them. The McCanns continue to focus their efforts on the ongoing search for their daughter Madeleine.”
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 21 Feb - 16:03

Re 'winning'
They have created a victim.
The victim's supporters will be hugely strengthened in their resolve to battle for the cause the victim represents.
New supporters will be attracted to the cause because of the victim's David v Goliath situation - they will see his enforced silence and wonder how this was allowed to happen in a so-called democracy. They will feed their curiosity by learning more and more about the long saga which brought this event about.
And as their knowledge increases, so will their shock and anger.

If the McCanns, their cronies and their astroturfers think that all this adds up to 'winning', then they should get a new dictionary.
Because theirs is obviously based on doublespeak.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 21 Feb - 16:16

Oh look - Cliché Clarence is back.

He's been so quiet recently (over the McCanns' cave-in and Amaral refusing to settle), that I thought he was still chewing ram's bollox in Reykjavik ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 16:24

"and ignoring the fact that the Portuguese authorities confirmed there was simply no evidence to implicate them in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.”

Where did that information come from!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Feb - 16:29

Finding Bennett guilty of contempt of court, the judge added: "I am sure that
he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the
death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what
happened and covered up what they had done.

Funny little saying that.....'and did in fact dispose of her body'

I would off said..'and dispose of her body'
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 21 Feb - 16:30

But Kitti, that's the nub: Clarence Mitchell, Kate Healy, St.Gerald et al are allowed freely to spout stuff to the Media that is factually incorrect and will mislead the public - but nobody is allowed to present the other side of the coin or to challenge their version.

What he really could and should have said is "There is absolutely no Evidence of Abduction".

Now THAT is fact.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 21 Feb - 17:25

so in fact what he is guilty of is repeating what he had agreed not to, not whether there is any truth in it. Am i wrong in thinking that what the Judge said was part of the summing up of the PJ, can someone tell me where i can find the translation of the actual wording.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next