Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where does this news leave the ulk press and forums

+4
tigger
T4two
interested
cass
8 posters

Go down

where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Empty where does this news leave the ulk press and forums

Post  cass Thu 4 Jul - 19:55

with the news that sy have taken over - wonder where this leaves the press - and forums - wonder if the mcs will be told to stfu too
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Empty Re: where does this news leave the ulk press and forums

Post  interested Thu 4 Jul - 20:32

cass wrote:with the news that sy have taken over - wonder where this leaves the press - and forums - wonder if the mcs will be told to stfu too

Well Clarence Mitchell is at it again - within the hour he has tweeted the McCanns warmly welcome the shift from review to investigation.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

where does this news leave the ulk press and forums  Empty Re: where does this news leave the ulk press and forums

Post  Guest Thu 4 Jul - 21:27

It leaves us all in exactly the same position as we were all in this time yesterday, because there's nothing new, nothing we didnt all know before. TBH I can't see the point of this "big announcement" at all, unless it's to deflect attention from elsewhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 4 Jul - 22:10

Iris wrote:It leaves us all in exactly the same position as we were all in this time yesterday, because there's nothing new, nothing we didnt all know before.  TBH I can't see the point of this "big announcement" at all, unless it's to deflect attention from elsewhere.

The position as I understand it is that it is now a British investigation being carried out according to British law. This has very serious implications for the British media because they can now be charged with contempt if they publish anything which might be deemed to prejudice the investigation. By the same token it makes it extremely difficult for PR people to put out anything through the media which might be construed as biased, misleading or potentially predujicial. This IMO could have been an important consideration in going public with today's announcement.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 5 Jul - 6:25

Well, I don't know what SY hoped to acheive by publishing this news but today , The Telegraph , Daily Star, Mirror and Express have made it a front page item , even Breakfast TV has reported it.......just what the H*** is going on? Why has SY released this information ? to frighten the 38? to justify yet more expense? Why couldn't SY approach the Portugese Police when they first isolated these "suspects", not wait until now.?

Could it simply be to save Cameron's blushes because he authorised the Review and he is up to his eyes in criticism so would give him some kudos.

The Press say Madeleine could be alive which is repeating what Redwood said a while ago , after 6 years would she be recognisable.?

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 5 Jul - 6:35

"So far they have examined more than 30,000 documents generating almost 4,000 fresh lines of inquiry, but still have a third of the information to examine." extract from the Telegraph Report

Announcing the shift from review to investigation, DCI Andy Redwood, who is the Senior Investigating Office in what Scotland Yard has dubbed Operation Grange said: “The review has given us new thinking, new theories, new evidence and new witnesses. "

If 2 years has produced only one third of the information, what the H*** have the 37 Police and 5 Clerical Staff been doing for the last 2 years???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 5 Jul - 7:18

Iris wrote:It leaves us all in exactly the same position as we were all in this time yesterday, because there's nothing new, nothing we didnt all know before.  TBH I can't see the point of this "big announcement" at all, unless it's to deflect attention from elsewhere.

But the barrage of 'news' where the press had a new story (the soothers, the cleaners etc) nearly every day for weeks was unprecedented. Then silence, next the CPS revelation about two months after they'd been to Portugal and now this damp squib.

They are being seen to do 'something'. Imo the whitewash proper has started, now that Portugal is out of the picture, they can do with the story what they like.

The only light on the horizon I can see is that there's no earthly reason (as if there ever was) to keep the Ltd. Company taking money from the good people of Britain.

I so want to be wrong that I'd still put money on an outcome on the side of justice.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 7:28

It doesn't change the fact that Madeleine died in pdl and the Portuguese said the mccanns are responsible .

Whatever SY say, it doesn't change the outcome .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 7:29

SY covering up a child's death will only make people dig deeper.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 5 Jul - 7:29

tigger wrote:

But the barrage of 'news' where the press had a new story (the soothers, the cleaners etc) nearly every day for weeks was unprecedented. Then silence, next the CPS revelation about two months after they'd been to Portugal and now this damp squib.

They are being seen to do 'something'. Imo the whitewash proper has started, now that Portugal is out of the picture, they can do with the story what they like.

The only light on the horizon I can see is that there's no earthly reason (as if there ever was) to keep the Ltd. Company taking money from the good people of Britain.

I so want to be wrong that I'd still put money on an outcome on the side of justice.

Morning tigger, they have to keep the Fund open because the McCanns think Madeleine is "findable". but they should stop taking donations and selling merchandise , leave the fund earning interest and donate it to the Police Fund when the investigation is finished.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 7:32

There already winding down the selling off merchandise since Kate McCann ran the marathon.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 5 Jul - 7:48

kitti wrote:There already winding down the selling off merchandise since Kate McCann ran the marathon.

Morning kitti, didn't Kate say the donations would be going to Missing Children.?

I really just don't know what to think now, as i have said, how come Redwood never investigated these 38 persons during the 2 years they were reviewing, I'm sure the Portugese would be only too willing to close the case. Is this another ploy to postpone the McCann/Amaral trial?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 5 Jul - 9:38

makes me wonder if the McCs will use what the SY are saying in the libel trial. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 5 Jul - 9:44

In short, once legal proceedings become "active", it is a criminal offence for media organisations to broadcast material which would create "a substantial risk of serious prejudice" to the proceedings. Criminal proceedings become "active" as soon as one of the following has occurred: a person is arrested, a warrant for arrest is issued, a summons has been issued, or a person has been charged, and they remain so until such time as the accused has been acquitted or convicted.

http://www.channel4.com/producers-handbook/media-law/contempt-and-reporting-legal-proceedings/contempt-or-sub-judice-rules
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 10:16

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:There already winding down the selling off merchandise since Kate McCann ran the marathon.

Morning kitti, didn't Kate say the donations would be going to Missing Children.?

I really just don't know what to think now, as i have said, how come Redwood never investigated these 38 persons during the 2 years they were reviewing, I'm sure the Portugese would be only too willing to close the case. Is this another ploy to postpone the McCann/Amaral trial?

NO she didn't .....the donations that go via THEIR website goes to the mccanns.

The marathon she ran for missing people and the 'just giving' donations go to the missing people website.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 5 Jul - 10:42

kitti wrote:
Panda wrote:

NO she didn't .....the donations that go via THEIR website goes to the mccanns.

The marathon she ran for missing people and the 'just giving' donations go to the missing people website.

Sorry kitti, I meant missing people, I wonder if she is still the Ambassador . The McCanns have not given any interviews themselves yet, unusual for them to keep quiet especially when they are not considered Arguidos.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 5 Jul - 12:45

wasn't there something on the website where they've changed the donate to giving, so it looks like it goes to somewhere else. I seem to remember there was something at the time that some people might think they were accessing the "just giving" site which goes to Charities when it was to the McCs. Could be wrong but I do remember something a long those lines/.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 5 Jul - 14:08

Yes your right tanzi....hoodwinking people is what they are good at.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down