Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+33
pamalam
comperedna
mossman
cass
widowan
Carolina
kitti
Claudia79
Panda
jinvta
malena stool
AnnaEsse
almostgothic
tanszi
wjk
jay2001
fred
jassi
MaryB
pennylane
Chris
margaret
LJC
quickfingers
interested
Colonel Fabien
oversoon
Wintabells
Annabel
Karen
SteveT
Angelina
the slave
37 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 13:45

almostgothic wrote:It was today that the judge was going to say if Mr Amaral and the McCanns could take the witness stand.

Did that not happen?
Are they finished for the day ? I did not realise that, perhaps if still on she will say at the end.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  almostgothic Tue 5 Nov - 13:51

I don't know, mossman - it's just that sometimes these things are dealt with at the beginning of a session.
There's still time, I guess.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 5 Nov - 14:35

So we got another 20 days off crap coming our way...

Crap...I.e......media crap......time for another 'suspect' to turn up.

Last edited by kitti on Tue 5 Nov - 18:20; edited 1 time in total
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 5 Nov - 15:06

20 days of crap?

How long is this ridiculous trial?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 5 Nov - 15:11

widowan wrote:20 days of crap?

How long is this ridiculous trial?
As long as it takes for Redwood to 'find' a suitable PATSY that died AFTER GA's book was launched!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 15:17

Did the witness not know two weeks ago he was getting married ? That is what I don't understand. All his stopping and starting.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 5 Nov - 15:23

mossman wrote:Did the witness not know two weeks ago he was getting married ?  That is what I don't understand. All his stopping and starting.
It is possible that his testimony was originally schedule for another date because the trial has been adjourned unexpectedly for at least two occasions and other witnesses have also asked to be heard on another date.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Nov - 16:49

I agree mossman , there were holdups at the last sessions, it seems this case is not very important to the PJ , it wouldn't happen in a U.K. Trial , once a date is set a Witness is duty bound to attend unless they become ill.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 5 Nov - 16:55

Panda wrote:

I agree mossman , there were holdups at the last sessions, it seems this case is not very important to the PJ , it wouldn't happen in a U.K. Trial , once a date is set a Witness is duty bound to attend unless they become ill.
Not sure it has anything to do with the PJ Panda. We have been told the Court process is slow but they will get there in the end I'm sure.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 17:02

They will get there I have no doubt and in a fair and proper manner. I'm just being impatient......closure on some part of the McCann saga before I reach 100 would be welcome.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 5 Nov - 17:29

mossman wrote:They will get there I have no doubt and in a fair and proper manner. I'm just being impatient......closure on some part of the McCann saga before I reach 100 would be welcome.
Depends how old you are Mossman Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 613255 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 5 Nov - 17:51

mossman wrote:They will get there I have no doubt and in a fair and proper manner. I'm just being impatient......closure on some part of the McCann saga before I reach 100 would be welcome.
I understand your frustration.
I'm an Aries woman and, true to the sign, naturally impatient.
I had to learn how to be patient and I thought I'd cracked it, but tonight, as I updated OH on all things McCann, I said: 'Oh look - Godot has just roller-skated past the window. Again.'

Some days it feels like you are trying to wade through a vat of treacle.
And I'm not getting any younger either ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 18:06

fuzeta wrote:
Depends how old you are Mossman Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 613255 

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 23324 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 23324 

Fuzeta, I have never wanted to be 99 until today. Only 59 years to go, look on the bright side.

Almostgothic, I'm Aries too so definitely impatient
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Nov - 18:10

quickfingers wrote:
Panda wrote:

Not sure it has anything to do with the PJ Panda.   We have been told the Court process is slow but they will get there in the end I'm sure.
I'm sorry but I find it hard to consider the apparently laissez faire approach to Justice in Portugal. We know the Portugese have sepent well over E1 million on a case which has nothing to do with one of their own. They have been ridiculed by the British Press, had a Foreign Country investigate their findings , tolerated massive Press intrusion, and had no help or respect from the Parents of the missing child. This Court Case is additional cost and I would have assumed the Judiciary would have made sure everything went smoothly.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 5 Nov - 18:50

Panda wrote:
quickfingers wrote:
Panda wrote:

Not sure it has anything to do with the PJ Panda.   We have been told the Court process is slow but they will get there in the end I'm sure.
I'm sorry but I find it hard to consider the apparently laissez faire approach to Justice in Portugal. We know the Portugese have sepent well over E1 million on a case which has nothing to do with one of their own. They have been ridiculed by the British Press, had a Foreign Country investigate their findings , tolerated massive Press intrusion, and had no help or respect from the Parents of the missing child. This Court Case is additional cost and I would have assumed the Judiciary would have made sure everything went smoothly.
This is a civil case brought by the McCanns not the Judiciary though. It doesn't concern them at all. It is about the book and the documentary and how it has affected the McCanns and doesn't concern the actual case.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 5 Nov - 19:34

I meant 20 days off media crap until trial restarts ...

Time for another suspect to pop up....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 5 Nov - 19:44

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 15m
#McCann vs #Amaral libel case 3 witnesses today. Mario Sena Lopes, the editor of G&P and this afternoon Antonio dos Santos and Luis Froes.

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 10m
#McCann v #Amaral libel trial. Luis Froes, manager of Valentim de Carvalhos Filmes, was told to return on the 27th to answer questions.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 5 Nov - 20:00

kitti wrote:I meant 20 days off media crap until trial  restarts ...

Time for another suspect to pop up....
20 days means another 20 suspects Kitti . Depends which way the wind is blowing as to how many Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 613255 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Nov - 20:02

Who would have thought only a few days ago that the press would be publishing rubbish about dead African junkie thieves? God only know what they'll come up with next!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 Nov - 20:07

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Who would have thought only a few days ago that the press would be publishing rubbish about dead African junkie thieves? God only know what they'll come up with next!

I don't think they have identified an Asian person yet.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 5 Nov - 20:08

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Who would have thought only a few days ago that the press would be publishing rubbish about dead African junkie thieves? God only know what they'll come up with next!
Absolutely anything that will sell their papers.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 5 Nov - 20:34

interested wrote:

I don't think they have identified an Asian person yet.
This is true interested. Chinese, Japanese or Russians with snow on their boots. We have so many to go at yet. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 7 294124 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Nov - 20:42

There was the loony story about Madeleine possibly being somewhere in the former USSR!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279168/Hunt-Madeleine-McCann-focusing-Russia-local-charity-claims-family-received-tip-dying-paedophile.html

Some deceased Russian husky sledge driver is waiting to be stitched up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 5 Nov - 20:51

well ill bet we next have a photo of a Chinese or Japanese child with blond hair, and if they cant find a blonde one, they'll fine a lookee likee with "dyed black hair", who will be taken from her family because she doesn't look like one of them. and we will have a comment "McCs do not comment on speculation".
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 5 Nov - 20:52

"Police chief blamed Kate and Gerry McCann for Madeleine's disappearance 'to ensure Portuguese detectives didn't abandon case'" report on Lisbon court case. The article is dated 20:24 GMT, 5 November, 2013 at the Mail Online.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next