Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRIMEWATCH

+50
cherry1
comperedna
pennylane
Lioned
weissnicht
wjk
Panda
tanszi
mossman
kitti
MaryB
almostgothic
widowan
margaret
Wintabells
jinvta
cass
interested
Gobsmacked
rammy2
Keela
Annabel
malena stool
AnnaEsse
jeanmonroe
Karen
mara thon
Justiceforallkids
DavidA
the slave
quickfingers
Bebootje
LJC
ann_chovey
T4two
chrissie
saloongirl
Krisy22
dutchclogs
Loopdaloop
chrissie1
James
pamalam
marxman
keepingmum
Hongkong Phooey
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
Chris
jejune
54 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH

Post  Keela Tue 15 Oct - 14:37

I watched the Crimewatch programme and  that is 25 mins of my life that I will never get back again. It gave nothing to the investigation, didn't show anything of any consequence and answered no questions ( not that it was supposed to). As pointed out by others, Oldfield, Tanner and O'Brien were the only ones named,  the rest of the Tapas weren't mentioned by name at all. Why. Are we to assume that Payne didn't go to the apartment and have this 30 second or 30 minute chat with Kate, surely a reconstruction should encompass EVERYTHING which happened at the time. Payne was the one who organised the trip, personally I think his name was kept out for a reason, Gaspars watching? Wonder if they have contacted SY after the show?
One curious thing, when they were talking about Madeleine's birth, Gerry said " she came out almost perfect". Almost perfect? what did he mean by this.
I am hoping that this little showing has done them no favours at all and hopefully made more people think more deeply, especially those who seem to have put the McCanns on a pedestal. Wonder if the rest of the tapas were watching and also Healey's parents.

They also laboured the point of charity collectors and burglaries. There is always some charity collection going on in the Algarve. They come door to door, I have had no end ringing my door bell. Residents get used to it and either don't answer the door or refuse to part with money. People on holiday are likely to be more responsive and will willingly part with money. You only have to look at the tourists who drop money in the the begging bowls of the gypsies ( who then go home to their neat little villas well tucked away). As for burglaries, PDL is predominately a holiday village. Ex-pats and locals do live there but until the season starts properly there are a huge number of unoccupied properties which are ripe for a visit, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that there was a spike in this type of crime in the months leading up to April 2007. It is after all the winter and fewer people around to disturb them.

Last edited by Keela on Tue 15 Oct - 14:46; edited 1 time in total
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 15 Oct - 14:43

As the time for the disappearance has now moved to 10pm, does this explain the 'delay' in calling the GNR?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 15 Oct - 14:44

Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:hhhi T4two, I don't get the Pizza packaging either....unless you are talking about the businessman driving back from Lagos in the early hours of thr morning who caught a couple in the Cars' headlights, the Man carrying something, who turned into a lane ?
Sorry - I'm talking about another famous/notorious case where Brit police went off on a wild goose chase and crimewatch spree, in Bristol I think - nothing to do with the Mcs - everything to do with the way the Brit police work.
I don't know how Redwood made it to Detective Inspector....he is an idiot, but as Lioned pointed out, he was deliberately chosen!!!
Almost everyone is promoted to at least one level  beyond their capability.[/quote
Well there's certainly No Poirot or Holmes among the British police involved in this case so far. Call me "Stu" and Redwood were informers for the McCanns .

I suspect that Redwood is almost typical for the Brit police. Pure investigation appears to be a completely alien concept for him and his ilk. Perhaps Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie are to blame for raising our expectations. The Portuguese on the other hand are far better at it - which is why the Brit police do not undestand them either.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 15 Oct - 15:23

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:So that was Crimewatch. Well, that's what the parents wanted wasn't it? Remember all those years ago when the Portuguese wanted a proper reconstruction and the spokesperson said, "Kate and Gerry are prepared to do a crimewatch type appeal but they don't see the point of doing a reconstruction as requested by the Portuguese police," or words to that effect. So there we have it - SY obliged and the duo got their crimewatch. Well, that's what they do innit? The Brit police I mean - crimewatch appeals and subsequent trawling for suspects using E-fits - it's their modus operandi. I do vaguely remember an alternative of course and that was a case when they were convinced that a pizza or pizza package could be the key to cracking a case - which sent them off trawling through tons of rubbish. Of course we got regular updates on tonnage, how many man hours it was taking etc - all good PR stuff - until by a stroke of luck someone discovered the body and someone at forensics then discovered the DNA which cracked the case and got the perpetrator convicted - or they might still be looking for that pizza to this very day. Which brings me back to the case in hand? For E-fit suspect, person of interest etc. substitute pizza or pizza packaging. Get it? Scotland don't - and I don't expect they ever will. Which is why I'll keep faith in Amaral and the Portuguese - the only real detectives on this case.      
hhhi T4two, I don't get the Pizza packaging either....unless you are talking about the businessman driving back from Lagos in the early hours of thr morning who caught a couple in the Cars' headlights, the Man carrying something, who turned into a lane ?
Ah, you mean the Joanna Yates case who was murdered by Vincent Tabak, T4two
And the missing pizza mystery that became irrelevant in the end.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 15 Oct - 15:29

T4two wrote:So that was Crimewatch. Well, that's what the parents wanted wasn't it? Remember all those years ago when the Portuguese wanted a proper reconstruction and the spokesperson said, "Kate and Gerry are prepared to do a crimewatch type appeal but they don't see the point of doing a reconstruction as requested by the Portuguese police," or words to that effect. So there we have it - SY obliged and the duo got their crimewatch. Well, that's what they do innit? The Brit police I mean - crimewatch appeals and subsequent trawling for suspects using E-fits - it's their modus operandi. I do vaguely remember an alternative of course and that was a case when they were convinced that a pizza or pizza package could be the key to cracking a case - which sent them off trawling through tons of rubbish. Of course we got regular updates on tonnage, how many man hours it was taking etc - all good PR stuff - until by a stroke of luck someone discovered the body and someone at forensics then discovered the DNA which cracked the case and got the perpetrator convicted - or they might still be looking for that pizza to this very day. Which brings me back to the case in hand? For E-fit suspect, person of interest etc. substitute pizza or pizza packaging. Get it? Scotland don't - and I don't expect they ever will. Which is why I'll keep faith in Amaral and the Portuguese - the only real detectives on this case.      
Also remember the "Geordie" tapes in the Yorkshire Ripper case. How many man hours were wasted on that; and how many more women were killed as a result?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 15 Oct - 15:41

confuse confuse well im confused that is for sure - well the only thing i can see for sure is this is the end now - sy have spent their millions - done the cw - and we can all go home in a sence or hang up our mouses - what kind of justice for madeleine is there so sad to say NONE ever imo
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 15:41

Shall we open up a Detective Agency between us:lmao: 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 15 Oct - 15:44

cass wrote:confuse confuse well im confused that is for sure - well the only thing i can see for sure is this is the end now - sy have spent their millions - done the cw - and we can all go home in a sence or hang up our mouses - what kind of justice for madeleine is there so sad to say NONE ever imo
Don't give up just yet, cass.
We been here this long, lets give it a few weeks and see how it pans out.
(This post is as much to myself as it is you CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 294124  I feel like hanging up my mouse right now, but I'm not giving them the satisfaction)
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 15:45

cass wrote:confuse confuse well im confused that is for sure - well the only thing i can see for sure is this is the end now - sy have spent their millions - done the cw - and we can all go home in a sence or hang up our mouses - what kind of justice for madeleine is there so sad to say NONE ever imo
No Cass, if this Crimewatch program doesn't bring any results , it's back to another 2yrs and £5 million spent on the Phone thingy.CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 15 Oct - 15:53

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:
hhhi T4two, I don't get the Pizza packaging either....unless you are talking about the businessman driving back from Lagos in the early hours of thr morning who caught a couple in the Cars' headlights, the Man carrying something, who turned into a lane ?
Hindsight is a marvellous thing isn't it. You all think detective work is easy? There are hundreds of snippets of information that come into a Police Incident Room during any major investigation and absolutely everything has to be forensically gone through. I would rather they investigate what they think is a good lead and get it wrong than not bother at all.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 15 Oct - 15:55

Panda wrote:
No Cass, if this Crimewatch program doesn't bring any results , it's back to another 2yrs and £5 million  spent on the Phone thingy.CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 25346 
It would be interesting to see if Gerry's phone was used at all near the beach at the relevant time?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 15 Oct - 15:57

LJC wrote:
wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:
Hindsight is a marvellous thing isn't it.  You all think detective work is easy?  There are hundreds of snippets of information that come into a Police Incident Room during any major investigation and absolutely everything has to be forensically gone through.  I would rather they investigate what they think is a good lead and get it wrong than not bother at all.
Nobody's disputing that, LJC. What we are all saying is, they shouldn't be shoe-horning an investigation down the road of a pet theory, twisting things to make them fit, in order to obtain some desired result; and risk missing other important things in the process.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 15 Oct - 16:17

i cannot get this out of my head today since watching the cw - usually we have familys pleading for help - now i would have expected more of the please bring madeleine back to me - you know whats happend to my little daughter bla bla - did anyone get from that programme last night that kate has resigned herself that madeleine is no more ? for the 1st time ever i really had the feeling that kate didnt know everything re this case and looked shell shocked
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 16:18

I also think much of the spadework was done by the Portugese Police and with 37 SY Police and 5 Clerical staff working on one case for over 2 years
the Public should expect better than Redwood has come up with. The Taxpayer is paying for this and if nothing else is found and no arrests made Cameron will have to answer to the public as to why he over-rode the Home office Minister.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 16:22

cass wrote:i cannot get this out of my head today since watching the cw - usually we have familys pleading for help - now i would have expected more of the please bring madeleine back to me - you know whats happend to my little daughter bla bla - did anyone get from that programme last night that kate has resigned herself that madeleine is no more ? for the 1st time ever i really had the feeling that kate didnt know everything re this case and looked shell shocked
I think it is more the Amaral Trial that is getting to Kate, hence the rush by Gerry and Kate to have their say. Why would they feel the need to do that? they are the Plaintiffs, not the Defendants. The reason Kate looks ill, is because she is wooried about how much it will cost if they lose the case.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 16:27

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:
No Cass, if this Crimewatch program doesn't bring any results , it's back to another 2yrs and £5 million  spent on the Phone thingy.CRIMEWATCH  - Page 7 25346 
It would be interesting to see if Gerry's phone was used at all near the beach at the relevant time?
I just hope they have kept the records of the phone messages. wjk, the Portugese Prosecutor went to Court to ask if they could be used in a Trial , so they must have been important, but the Court said they were too intrusive.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 15 Oct - 19:55

Panda wrote:
cass wrote:i cannot get this out of my head today since watching the cw - usually we have familys pleading for help - now i would have expected more of the please bring madeleine back to me - you know whats happend to my little daughter bla bla - did anyone get from that programme last night that kate has resigned herself that madeleine is no more ? for the 1st time ever i really had the feeling that kate didnt know everything re this case and looked shell shocked
I think it is more the Amaral Trial that is getting to Kate, hence the rush by Gerry and Kate to have their say.  Why would they feel the need to do that? they are the Plaintiffs, not the Defendants. The reason Kate looks ill, is because she is wooried about how much it will cost if they lose the case.

I think the liebel case is what has them really worried at this point; they know it has not been going their way. I think they believe Redwood did a great job with the investigation and, for them, has "proven" what happened to Madeleine. I have to wonder though if he even read the Portuguese files containing as they do "evidence" that there was no abduction.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 15 Oct - 20:21

I just saw an "exclusive" story in the Mail Online entitled: "Jimmy Savile's last police interview revealed: 'I brush women away like midges...the police sort out my problems'

I can't help but think the McCanns think likewise.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 15 Oct - 21:26

interested wrote:I just saw an "exclusive" story in the Mail Online entitled: "Jimmy Savile's last police interview revealed: 'I brush women away like midges...the police sort out my problems'

I can't help but think the McCanns think likewise.
Exactly
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 15 Oct - 21:33

big sorry in advance to questions
for reasons unknown catch up virgin not working so having to watch cw on lappy and sound slight

1 did gerry say nearly perfect ?

2 did kate say something about whoosh and shutters ? what was said

3 what tapas names did they leave out apart from diane webster ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 15 Oct - 21:42

cass wrote:big sorry in advance to questions
for reasons unknown catch up virgin not working so having to watch cw on lappy and sound slight

1 did gerry say nearly perfect ?

2 did kate say something about whoosh and shutters ? what was said

3 what tapas names did they leave out apart from diane webster ?
1...Gerry said 'almost perfect'

2...can't remember so maybe someone else will come in

3....No mention of Dianne Webster, the Paynes or Rachel Oldfield as I recall.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 15 Oct - 21:44

cass

1 yes
2 don't know
3 The Paynes.

Oops ann_chovey got there before me.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 15 Oct - 21:50

thanks x
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 15 Oct - 21:52

Kate did the waving of hands in the air routine, door banging, window open.. I cannot quote what she said, but it was the practiced explanation she has used before. I noticed nothing new.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 15 Oct - 23:33

The reconstruction shows the family McCann having breakfast on morning of 3rd and Madeleine asking her now very well known question about them not coming when they were crying.  

I thought it was 1st May when Mrs Fenn heard crying, so when was Madeleine supposed to have asked this question then.  She must have cried on 2nd as well.

And Kate said she was startled by the question and told Gerry they must take extra care tonight as she would not like to think the children are crying when no one is there, or similar words.

No wonder there is a very angry nation out there right now, but what is this admission about really?  Trying to insinuate it was someone measuring up and doing surveillance on their apartment?  

These things were sort of left to our own imaginations as to their meanings and I think this is what Mr Redwood wants, for us to make of it what WE will.  Same with the window open and curtains flapping, door banging closed scenario.  He does not tell us how an abductor is supposed to have got in or out, just how Kate found it.  Same with Gerry's 9pm visit, when he says he saw the door not as they left it.

Mr Redwood does not elaborate or expand or try to give answers to these questions, he allows the McCanns to narrate the reconstruction using their own words and he then allows us to judge, to read between the lines if you like.

That was my impression.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next