Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

+7
wjk
Lioned
cherry1
Badboy
joyce1938
kitti
Krisy22
11 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

Post  Panda Tue 11 Mar - 8:58

It will be a miracle if Schumacher comes out of this compus mentis, . I know his wife keeps saying he is a fighter and it will be a dreadful decision to make to turn off the life support . I would if I was told he would be brain damaged.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

Post  Panda Wed 12 Mar - 10:06

Just a quick announcement to say Schumacher is making a remarkable recovery Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 307691 Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 307691 

Will post any more news as received.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 12 Mar - 10:13

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 12 Mar - 10:17

Morning Panda, the news earlier mentioned there were 'encouraging signs' of improvement.
Let's hope he continues towards making some degree of recovering normal functions.
------------
Michael Schumacher latest news: Stricken F1 legend showing "encouraging signs" as he battles brain injury
Mar 12, 2014 08:05 By Don Mackay 2 Comments

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/motor-sports/michael-schumacher-latest-news-stricken-3232344

The F1 legend's agent Sabine Kehm said there were "small" indications the stricken star's condition was improving

GettyDevoted: Michael Schumacher with Corrina on a skiing holiday
Michael Schumacher is showing "encouraging signs" as he battles to recover from his brain injury, it was revealed today.

The F1 legend's agent Sabine Kehm said there were "small" indications the stricken star's condition was improving.

The seemingly positive news comes just five days after doctors said any remaining hopes of a recovery for were looking “very slim”.

Last week medics admitted the seven-times world champion F1 driver's condition was so grave “only a miracle” could save him.

General view of the rocks where Michael Schumacher sustained a serious head injury after a skiing accident on the slopes of Meribel, France
But Ms Kehm said today: "We are and remain confident that Michael will pull through and will wake up.

"There sometimes are small, encouraging signs, but we also know that this is the time to be very patient."

The 45-year-old father of two has been in an artificially-induced coma since suffering the brain injury during a skiing accident in the French Alps on December 29.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 12 Mar - 10:23

Morning malena, the first report came tickertape, obviously the Press report is more cautious. However, is is a good sign after all this time and we can only
hope he continues to improve. His wife has always maintained that he is a fighter and would pull through, I hope she is right.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Empty wake up

Post  joyce1938 Wed 12 Mar - 10:24

Hi everyone , Do people that are put into a coma ,normally wake up on their own ,do they not need to have medication reduced and withdrawn at some point/and how can they know if its still induced coma ,or one that he may never come back from ? hope he will be o k if he does wak e. joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 12 Mar - 10:57

joyce1938 wrote:Hi  everyone , Do people that are put into a coma ,normally wake up on their own ,do they not need to have medication reduced and  withdrawn at some point/and how can they know if its still induced coma ,or one that he may never come back from ? hope he will be o k if he does wak e. joyce1938

Morning joyce 1938, I would think that when the Doctors virtually stopped Schumachers Brain working it was to halt any more brain damage. He has been in a coma for weeks while Doctors keep monitoring his Brain. Now they have decided to bring him out of his coma, very slowly, by reducing the medication and there is evidence that he is responding. He is still critical obviously and they won't know until his Brain is fully functional whether there is any damage.

His wife has always said he is strong and will pull through , I just hope there is no brain damage.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Empty micheal

Post  joyce1938 Wed 12 Mar - 18:32

Thank you for replying to me panda ,so often no reply from others . Do hope micheal will come through ,but without brain damage ,one wonders what quality of life some poor souls have after major surgery. one cant just realize how it is for the patient can we /? joyce 1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 12 Mar - 19:01

joyce1938 wrote:Thank you for replying to me panda ,so often no reply from others . Do hope micheal will come through ,but without brain damage ,one wonders what quality of life some poor souls have after major surgery. one cant just realize how it is for the patient can we /? joyce 1938

My Sister had to make that choice a few years ago. Her Son, in his 30's had been drinking and fell on the tiled kitchen Floor.Unfortunately he had head injuries and was in a coma for a while.The Doctors had a meeting with her and told her they didn't know how much damage had been done to his Brain .
The decision was hers to turn the machine off and we all thought that was the right move because as she said, what if he could not lead a normal life ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Empty head injuries

Post  joyce1938 Thu 13 Mar - 15:49

Hi Panda,how sad for your family ,so difficult to be given the last word on ,if to switch off or not, joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 13 Mar - 17:00

joyce1938 wrote:Hi Panda,how sad for your family ,so difficult to be given the last word on ,if to switch off or not, joyce1938

I don't know how i would react if it happened to one of my Sons, but hope common sense would prevail and I would look at the quality of life he would have., and what HE would want.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 3 Empty Mercedes dedicate Australian Grand Prix win to Michael

Post  Panda Wed 19 Mar - 7:04

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 23 Mar - 12:27

Michael Schumacher has 'lost a quarter' of his body weight

By AOL Travel, Mar 22, 2014

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/03/22/f1-michael-schumacher-lost-25-per-cent-body-weight-ski-accident-coma/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D251766

Formula 1 racing star Michael Schumacher has reportedly lost 25 per cent of his body weight after a ski accident in December left him with a severe head injury and he was placed in an artificially induced coma.

The 45-year-old's weight has dropped from 12 stone to just under eight and a half stone in the 83 days since he was placed in the coma, German media reports (via Daily Telegraph).

According to the Daily Mail, Prof Dr Curt Diehm, of the Karlsbad teaching hospital in Germany, said: "While a weight loss in coma patients is normal, 20 kilos is a lot for people with normal body weights. One must assume that his muscles have degraded greatly due to the immobility."

Michael's family have said they "will not give up" on him.

In a statement issued last week, they said: "It was clear from the start this will be a long and hard fight for Michael, and we are taking this fight on together with the team of doctors, whom we fully trust.

"The length of the process is not the important part for us.

"It is heart-warming to see how much sympathy his family is shown and I can say the family is extremely grateful for it."

International Business Times reports that if Michael does come out of the coma, he could need many years of intensive therapy to regain his speech and full limb movement.

The racing driver suffered serious brain injuries during an accident while on a ski holiday in Meribel, France in December 2013.

Related articles

Michael Schumacher showing "small, encouraging signs" after ski accident

Michael Schumacher's family told only "a miracle" can save him
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 23 Mar - 13:27

Thanks malena, he can get back to a normal weight in time, it's the Brain injury that worries me.

International Business Times reports that if Michael does come out of the coma, he could need many years of intensive therapy to regain his speech and full limb movement.'

I know there were blood clots in his Brain which prompted the shut-down but thought he would be like sleeping beauty when he woke up.Let's hope it doesn't take many years.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 23 Mar - 15:15

Panda wrote:Thanks malena, he can get back to a normal weight in time, it's the Brain injury that worries me.

International Business Times reports that if Michael does come out of the coma, he could need many years of intensive therapy to regain his speech and full limb movement.'

I know there were blood clots in his Brain which prompted the shut-down but thought he would be like sleeping beauty when he woke up.Let's hope it doesn't take many years.
Amen to that, Panda.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Mar - 18:15

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 25 Mar - 19:03

It is indeed Panda, although everyone was aware there was little chance of recovery there was always the glimmer of hope to cling to.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Mar - 22:59

malena stool wrote:It is indeed Panda, although everyone was aware there was little chance of recovery there was always the glimmer of hope to cling to.

If this is true I would imagine his wife will be asked if she wants the plug pulled on the machinery that is keeping him alive.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 25 Mar - 23:25

HOW SAD
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 25 Mar - 23:34

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:It is indeed Panda, although everyone was aware there was little chance of recovery there was always the glimmer of hope to cling to.

If this is true I would imagine his wife will be asked if she wants the plug pulled on the machinery that is keeping him alive.
A hard decision to make....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Mar - 23:42

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

Yes I know, I think if it was my husband or Son I would think what they would want and know they would not want to live like a vegetable so would sadly agree to the plug being pulled.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 26 Mar - 0:06

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

Yes I know, I think if it was my husband or Son I would think what they would want and know they would not want to live like a vegetable so would sadly agree to the plug being pulled.
There is no easy answer Panda, he is comfortable, painfree, well cared for by a highly professional team in a safe environment and he could feasibly come out of his coma at any moment. His wife is regularly spending hours daily by his bedside talking to him, she plainly isn't wanting to give up on him yet awhile and it is only 3 months since the accident. She may well want to give him a little more time.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 27 Mar - 10:07

Michael Schumacher 'flown to wrong hospital' after ski accident

By AOL Travel, Mar 26, 2014

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/03/26/michael-schumacher-flown-to-wrong-hospital-after-ski-accident/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D252749

Michael Schumacher was flown to the wrong hospital after his ski crash in the French Alps in December, according to reports.

Former F1 doctor Gary Hartstein says vital hours were lost as doctors took him to a local clinic instead of brain specialists when hit his head in the resort of Meribel.

According to The Sun, he said: "You do not take patients with a suspected head injury to hospitals that do not have neuro-surgical capability."

Schumacher was airlifted to Moutiers after hitting hitting his head on rocks, and was transferred to Grenoble University Hospital shortly afterwards.

According to the Daily Mail, Hartstein added that "usually impeccable sources" said that these lapses "could, and almost certainly did, worsen the outcome in Michael's case".

On Tuesday, Mr Hartstein said he believes Schumacher fans should prepare for "really bad news".

According to the Mirror, he wrote on his blog: "As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent.

"I spent years at circuits drenched in red by the Ferrari caps, flags, and shirts, and all of that for Michael. I'm still staggered by the depth and persistence of his fans' love for him.

"And whereas I worried more than a bit about what was going to happen when and if really bad news got announced, I've realised that perhaps the lack of status updates has given us all a chance to move on a bit, to process what's happening, and to start to... detach."
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Mar - 12:57

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 28 Mar - 19:09

I don't know that coming out with this stuff by this guy is helpful to the family, I would think they have enough to contend with without someone going on in public about him going to the wrong hospital.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next