Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

+7
wjk
Lioned
cherry1
Badboy
joyce1938
kitti
Krisy22
11 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

Post  malena stool Sat 29 Mar - 21:39

Schumacher's wife build's £10m hospital room at their home

By AOL Travel, Mar 29, 2014

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/03/29/michael-schumacher-wife-corinna-builds-medical-suite-house/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D253365

Michael Schumacher's wife Corinna is reportedly building a £10million medical suite in their home for when her husband leaves hospital.

According to the Daily Mail, the 45-year-old is using the family's £500 million fortune to build the suite at their £25 million home by Lake Geneva in Switzerland.

Doctors have said it is highly unlikely the Formula One star will ever wake up from his medically induced coma.

A friend of the family for 25 years told The Sun: "Miracles happen, of course, and as a wealthy man he has the best care money can buy.

"But all the money in the world cannot fix what has happened to him. The family are making arrangements for a future of permanent immobility.

"Is there a sense of denial at play among them? I would say yes"

Earlier this week, the former chief doctor of Formula One warned that fans of Michael Schumacher should prepare for "really bad news" following his ski accident, which was three months ago today.

The 45-year-old racing driver has been in an artificial coma since 29 December after suffering serious brain injuries in a crash at a French ski resort.

Former F1 doctor Gary Harstein wrote on his blog: "As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent.

"I spent years at circuits drenched in red by the Ferrari caps, flags, and shirts, and all of that for Michael. I'm still staggered by the depth and persistence of his fans' love for him.

"And whereas I worried more than a bit about what was going to happen when and if really bad news got announced, I've realised that perhaps the lack of status updates has given us all a chance to move on a bit, to process what's happening, and to start to... detach."

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

Post  Panda Sun 30 Mar - 7:02

Thanks malena,

I find this decision by Schumachers Wife quite distasteful to be honest, if there is no hope that he will recover I think she should ask herself what he would want , I doubt he would want to be kept artificially alive and she should consider the children as well.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 30 Mar - 12:17

Panda wrote:Thanks malena,

I find this decision by Schumachers Wife quite distasteful to be honest, if there is no hope that he will recover I think she should ask herself what he would want , I doubt he would want to be kept artificially alive and she should consider the children as well.

I agree to a point Panda, but she does now control a vast fortune accumalated entirely through her husband's skill as a world class driver. Other than the fact she and their children remain deeply attached to him, she would be hard pressed to deny him the chance of returning, if not to a full normal existence but an existence where he could remain with his family a little longer, should he ever recover consciousness.
And who knows, perhaps tomorrow or a couple of years down the line there may well be some response to his treatment and care or even new medical treatment comes onto the market. Who knows?

His condition isn't quite the same as a massive cardiac arrest where cardiac tissue is irreparably destroyed, a crushing trauma injury where multi-organ failure is involved or his even coming to the end stage of a terminal medical condition. And mustn't forget he is a fit young man barely 3 months into an induced comatose condition. She is perhaps right in giving him a bit longer.

Last edited by malena stool on Sun 30 Mar - 12:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Silly typos)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 30 Mar - 14:12

What do we know of Michael's clinical situation to be judging his wife's decisions (assuming she has made any decisions)? Haven't we learned anything with Madeleine's case about the press? Talking about distasteful, isn't it distasteful to be judgemental when we know very little of what we're talking about?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Mar - 17:37

Claudia79 wrote:What do we know of Michael's clinical situation to be judging his wife's decisions (assuming she has made any decisions)? Haven't we learned anything with Madeleine's case about the press? Talking about distasteful, isn't it distasteful to be judgemental when we know very little of what we're talking about?

Claudia, I don't think you have posted on this thread before now, but I suggest you read ALL the Doctor's reports before condemning me. It was known early on that Schumacher had blood clots in the Brain which is why it was decided to virtually shut him down and put him on life support, which he has been on now for a few months . Far from being distasteful, as I said I would try to imagine what HE would want which surely would not be a vegetable and to have a room in the house equipped to keep him alive in the hope that months down the line he will wake up completely compus mentis.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 30 Mar - 18:54

Claudia79 wrote:What do we know of Michael's clinical situation to be judging his wife's decisions (assuming she has made any decisions)? Haven't we learned anything with Madeleine's case about the press? Talking about distasteful, isn't it distasteful to be judgemental when we know very little of what we're talking about?

I agree,its not for us to judge.Its personal to the family.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Mar - 19:37

malena stool wrote:

I agree to a point Panda, but she does now control a vast fortune accumalated entirely through her husband's skill as a world class driver. Other than the fact she and their children remain deeply attached to him, she would be hard pressed to deny him the chance of returning, if not to a full normal existence but an existence where he could remain with his family a little longer, should he ever recover consciousness.
And who knows, perhaps tomorrow or a couple of years down the line there may well be some response to his treatment and care or even new medical treatment comes onto the market. Who knows?

His condition isn't quite the same as a massive cardiac arrest where cardiac tissue is irreparably destroyed, a crushing trauma injury where multi-organ failure is involved or his even coming to the end stage of a terminal medical condition. And mustn't forget he is a fit young man barely 3 months into an induced comatose condition. She is perhaps right in giving him a bit longer.

Unless she employs 24 hr Medical Staff to monitor Schumacher for the least change how far away is the Hospital if an emergency arises?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 30 Mar - 20:14

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Unless she employs 24 hr Medical Staff to monitor Schumacher for the least change how far away is the Hospital if an emergency arises?
I really wouldn't know what her intentions are, but she would certainly have 24/7 Nursing input with at least one daily assessment by a member of the medical team. Should there be a deterioration of his neurological condition they may perhaps not treat it, any infection would be treated with IV antibiotics. Given her finances I don't see any problem with home treatment, which will go some way to involving her and her family in her husband's care.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Mar - 21:02

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:

I really wouldn't know what her intentions are, but she would certainly have 24/7 Nursing input with at least one daily assessment by a member of the medical team. Should there be a deterioration of his neurological condition they may perhaps not treat it, any infection would be treated with IV antibiotics. Given her finances I don't see any problem with home treatment, which will go some way to involving her and her family in her husband's care.

All the money in the World will not buy Health malena and there are a couple of  queries like what would happen in the event that the monitors showed up a problem, would Schumacher have to be rushed to Hospital?or would those on 24 hour duty know what to do. ?

The reasons I feel like I do are twofold. !. My Sister had to make the decision on whether to switch off the machine keeping her 34 yr old Son alive. He had been drinking, fell over and banged his head on the tiled kitchen floor. He was unconscious and rushed to Hospital where he was put on life support.
after a month with no change in his condition she had a meeting with the Doctors who explained he was being kept alive artificially and they did not know what damage had been done to his Brain . They asked her what she felt about pulling the plug and although she was heartbroken she knew her Son would not want to live if he did not have all his faculties , that's why she agreed to turn off the machine and I agreed with her, but did not try to influence her decision.

The second incident was when I  was waiting to be taken for a scan , in the same area but with a curtain across  so you couldn't see him a Man was calling out for water. A Young Employee took some to him but a Nurse came along and told him off, said "nil by mouth" was clearly visible above his head and he had been sick because of having the water and the bedclothes had to be changed.   After a little while I heard him from behind the curtain asking if someone can put his glasses on. I went behind the curtain and he was stretched out on the bed , couldn't even move his arms, so I picked up the glasses lying on his bed and put them on his nose, he thanked me and i went back to my seat. My Sister was talking to a woman who turned out to be the Wife of this man and she said he had had a severe stroke 10 years ago and when complications arise he has to go into hospital but other wise she cares for him at home. She said he gets days when he just sobs and begs her to help him die, of course she won't , but she believes in
Euthanasia .

That's  why "Alive" has a different  meaning in cases like this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 30 Mar - 22:00

I'm sorry for your experiences Panda, but every patient and their rels are individuals, what will be good for one is not necessarily so for another.

You are correct, money does not buy health but it does give a wife/husband and their family an opportunity to become intensely involved in providing care and a sense of fulfilment/satisfaction. It was mostly like that in pre NHS days for all families, it helped with grieving and family unity and generally was not a bad thing. And believe it or not, many chronic terminal conditions are still treated at home with NHS support by the rels of our 'not so well off' patients here in the UK, so money or the lack of it, is not necessarily a draw back to good individualised patient care... but yes it does help.

As I commented on a previous post, there is some chance, slight as it perhaps is. that he could come out of his coma and recover some functionability, just to recognise his family would be a blessing and allow him to be with his family and share whatever time he may have left.

Euthenasia is a subject best not broached, I feel... Too many different and contentious problems rear their head.....

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 4 Icon_flower 

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 30 Mar - 23:23

Panda wrote:

Claudia, I don't think you have posted on this thread before now, but I suggest you read ALL the Doctor's reports before condemning me. It was known early on that Schumacher had blood clots in the Brain which is why it was decided to virtually shut him down and put him on life support, which he has been on now for a few months . Far from being distasteful, as I  said I would try to imagine what HE would want which surely would not be a vegetable and to have a room in the house equipped to keep him alive in the hope that months down the line he will wake up completely compus mentis.

I've read everything there is to read about Michael's accident. That doesn't mean a) I know more than his wife, which is obviously impossible and b) give me any right to pass comment and be judgemental of her decisions. In fact, I don't even know she has made any decisions. Just because it was printed doesn't make it true. I find it distasteful to pass judgement on something we know nothing whatsoever about. As for imagining that his wife knows less about what Schumacher would want than we do, it's simply ridiculous. I'm not condemning you. I'm commenting on your comment. If you can comment on Corrina's alleged decisions, why can't I disagree with your opinion?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 30 Mar - 23:28

I am absolutely pro euthanasia. But euthanasia is an INDIVIDUAl choice. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that if there's anyone that must know what Michael would want is his wife. Especially due to his former job, I'm very confident the matter must have been discussed...

ETA: there is at least one reason why home care would be better for someone in Michael's situation: the risk of life-risking infections would decline considerably.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 3 Apr - 23:40

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/formula-one/michael-schumacher-latest-news-f1-3343154

Michael Schumacher's family have been given new hope that the Formula 1 legend is getting better, writes Byron Young in Manama.

Manager Sabine Kehm rubbished reports that the family are preparing his Swiss home to become a £10m hospital as hope fades for the German.

Instead she said there were signs that gave cause for optimism.

"I can only say again: There are signs that give us encouragement'," she said.

But there was still a delicate balancing act being played by doctors who could not rule out a sudden set-back as they continue to attempt to bring him out of the coma.

If he should make more positive steps the next step, according to reports in Germany, would be to transfer him from the hospital in Grenoble to a rehabilitation clinic.

Kehm strongly refuted suggestions his home was being prepared for long term care by wife Corinna, 45, because hope of a recovery had faded.

"The rumours that Corinna remodels her house to bring the supposedly 'hopeless case Michael' home, are absolutely groundless," she said.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 9:50

By Rachelle Corpuz | April 4, 2014 12:25 PM EST
Michael Schumacher has been in a medically-induced coma for 12 weeks, and he is reportedly showing "encouraging signs," leading his family and loved ones to believe that there is still hope for the Formula One (F1) legend.

View Full Image
REUTERS
A message (L) of support for former Formula One champion Michael Schumacher of Germany is seen on the car of Mercedes Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain during the second practice session of the Australian F1 Grand Prix at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne March 14, 2014. Schumacher suffered severe head injuries when he slammed into a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps resort of Meribel in December. REUTERS/David Gray

According to a latest news report by The Mirror, Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm insisted that the seven-time world champion is showing signs that he will be able to wake from his coma. "I can only say again: There are signs that give us encouragement," said Ms Kehm. She also quieted the rumours that Shumacher's wife Corinna is building a medical suite in their house to be able to give way for new patients in the hospital that her husband is currently admitted in as well as to prepare for long-term care for him.

"The rumours that Corinna remodels her house to bring the supposedly 'hopeless case Michael' home, are absolutely groundless," Ms Kehm added.

Ms Kehm has initially released a statement on behalf of Schumacher's family on March 12, as reported by BBC. According to her statement, they remain optimistic that Schumacher will wake up and become well again after the serious illness. "We are and remain confident that Michael will pull through and will wake up," she said. "There sometimes are small, encouraging signs, but we also know that this is the time to be very patient," she added in the statement.

Schumacher's family had been elusive to reveal concrete data and only a few pieces of information were shared regarding the real condition of the former F1 racer. Is Schumacher really exhibiting "encouraging signs" or worsening signs?

Having spent three months since Dec 29 in a coma, Schumacher had lost 25 per cent of his pre-accident weight, The Telegraph reported. Former F1 doctor Gary Hartstein said through his blog that it is possible for Schumacher to lose. Mr Hartstein said that everything that Schumacher had been into following his accident such as the injury itself in addition to the operations he had to go through as well as the days he had spent in the hospital are the factors that could result in weight loss.

Neurosurgeons concerned about Schumacher's condition

Some neurosurgeons and brain experts have expressed their worries and apprehensions about Schumacher's condition. They said that it is likely that Schumacher's health will worsen and the chance of recovering fully is questionable if he stays in coma longer.

"Every day, every week in a coma, the chances decline that the situation is improved," said neurology professor, Jean-Marc Orgogozo at Bordeaux University.

An Austrian report, as told by Grandprix247.com, stated that Schumacher's recovery is below 50 per cent.

Schumacher was put in a medically-induced coma after he hit his head in a skiing accident in the French Alps in December 2013.

FURTHER READING:

German Magazine's Headline 'Awake' on Michael Schumacher Grossly Offensive

Michael Schumacher's Fans Should Prepare Themselves for Some 'Really Bad News,' Says Doctor

To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.com

See what I mean Claudia, it is only the Press and Schumacher's team-mates who are giving false info.

I prefer the Doctors assessment, sad to say.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 4 Apr - 14:08

And how do you know, Panda, what is true and what isn't?
I'm not saying a miracle is going to happen and Michael is going to jump from his bed and go race driving. What I am saying is simple: what the press print, unless officially confirmed, is speculation. The only official source there is right now is the spokeswoman and she has been extremely reasonable and cautious. Even when the press were reporting Michael was recovering very well she was the one to say he was still in a critical condition. Moreover, there is probably one else that knows more about what Michael would want than his close family. Criticising their alleged decisions (and that's what they are, alleged) makes no sense at all to me and is, in my opinion, callous.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 16:35

Claudia79 wrote:And how do you know, Panda, what is true and what isn't?
I'm not saying a miracle is going to happen and Michael is going to jump from his bed and go race driving. What I am saying is simple: what the press print, unless officially confirmed, is speculation. The only official source there is right now is the spokeswoman and she has been extremely reasonable and cautious. Even when the press were reporting Michael was recovering very well she was the one to say he was still in a critical condition. Moreover, there is probably one else that knows more about what Michael would want than his close family. Criticising their alleged decisions (and that's what they are, alleged) makes no sense at all to me and is, in my opinion, callous.

Yesterday, we assumed the Wing to be built was going to happen , and that Schumacher was improving. This Report I found authentic and the Neurosurgeons know best IMO. I am not callous at all , as I said , if I was Schumacher'S Wife I would be thinking of WHAT HE WOULD WANT. He is still young, has had a career in Sport , would he want to live if his faculties are gone????  I am reminded of the Man who could only function by blinking his eye on a Computer, did he want to live?  Don't label me because you are wrong.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 4 Apr - 18:56

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:And how do you know, Panda, what is true and what isn't?

Yesterday, we assumed the Wing to be built was going to happen , and that Schumacher was improving. This Report I found authentic and the Neurosurgeons know best IMO. I am not callous at all , as I said , if I was Schumacher'S Wife I would be thinking of WHAT HE WOULD WANT. He is still young, has had a career in Sport , would he want to live if his faculties are gone????  I am reminded of the Man who could only function by blinking his eye on a Computer, did he want to live?  Don't label me because you are wrong.

You seem to be missing the point completely. Who told you she is not thinking of WHAT HE WOULD WANT? By criticising the poor woman you are insinuating she is doing the opposite of what her husband would want out of selfish reasons. If that's not insensitive I don't know what is. We know nothing about what's going on, we know nothing about the family's decisions and we know nothing about Michaels's wishes so the sensitive thing to do is not to be judgemental. I see that's difficult for you to understand so I'll leave you to it. Continue criticising Michael's wife, victims of domestic violence and victims of sexual abuse if that's what you want. Just don't expect everybody to agree with you and to shut up when they don't.

ETA: And teachers. I almost forgot.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 4 Apr - 21:16

Another very uncomfortable thread.Why do we not just all accept that pandas expert views rise above all others and once we get to that point just lock the thread down.
Probably wouldn't leave much of the forum left but hey ho !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 21:42

Lioned wrote:Another very uncomfortable thread.Why do we not just all accept that pandas expert views rise above all others  and once we get to that point just lock the thread down.
Probably wouldn't leave much of the forum left but hey ho !

Don't be so facetious Lioned, all I am saying is that it is Schumachers Bosses who are saying there is improvement , not the Nuerosurgeons.And just because I think differently to Claudia I am "callous"

Did you ever read a book called the Caucasian chalk circle? It was briefly about 2 women, one the Mother who had left the boy with a Neighbour because she and her Husband were fleeing Germany. The Mother came back years later to claim him and both professed to love him. TheJudge put the boy in a circle and challenged both Women to prove their love. The Mother was trying to yank the boy out of the circle , the neighbour was as well until she could see the boy was getting hurt by the pulling and let go of him. The Judge awarded her custody saying she had proved she loved the child the most because she let go.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 4 Apr - 22:02

Nothing to do with having different opinions. Everything to do with judging people without knowing what they know. The classic 'walking in my shoes' thing. You shared a terrible experience in this thread. What if a stranger who knew nothing about the circumstances in which the terrible choice had to be made got all judgemental and statement the decision was a selfish one, that a life could have been taken because somebody might not want to have a burden for the rest of life? Not nice, right? There are things that are so difficult and so personal that the fair, generous thing is to keep quiet. Especially when we know absolutely nothing about the wishes of the 'victim'.

ETA: that 'story' is originally in the Bible. Judgment of Solomon.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Apr - 22:16

Claudia79 wrote:Nothing to do with having different opinions. Everything to do with judging people without knowing what they know. The classic 'walking in my shoes' thing. You shared a terrible experience in this thread. What if a stranger who knew nothing about the circumstances in which the terrible choice had to be made got all judgemental and statement the decision was a selfish one, that a life could have been taken because somebody might not want to have a burden for the rest of life? Not nice, right? There are things that are so difficult and so personal that the fair, generous thing is to keep quiet. Especially when we know absolutely nothing about the wishes of the 'victim'.

Claudia, you believe Schumacher's Friends and employers, I believe the Neurosurgeons, let's agree to differ and close this thread because now it has developed into a slanging match with Lioned wading in .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 4 Apr - 22:24

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:Nothing to do with having different opinions. Everything to do with judging people without knowing what they know. The classic 'walking in my shoes' thing. You shared a terrible experience in this thread. What if a stranger who knew nothing about the circumstances in which the terrible choice had to be made got all judgemental and statement the decision was a selfish one, that a life could have been taken because somebody might not want to have a burden for the rest of life? Not nice, right? There are things that are so difficult and so personal that the fair, generous thing is to keep quiet. Especially when we know absolutely nothing about the wishes of the 'victim'.

Claudia, you believe Schumacher's Friends and employers, I believe the Neurosurgeons, let's agree to differ and close this thread because now it has developed into a slanging match with Lioned wading in .

No, Panda, you are wrong. I don't believe in anything because I don't know anything. There are absolutely no official sources apart from Schumi's spokeswoman and the few official statements from the hospital some time ago. If I were to believe the press and their 'sources' Schumacher would be dead, discharged from Hospital, brain dead, with pneumonia, no pneumonia, at home which would now be a 'private' hospital, in a vegetative state, showing signs of waking up from the coma, alone when the accident happened, going too fast, going at normal speed, helping someone when the accident occurred, with no helmet, with a helmet, the helmet cracked, the helmet was intact, etc.
It's exactly because I'm aware I know nothing that I refuse to be arrogant enough to believe I can judge the people who actually know what's going on. So let's agree to differ, yes. You believe you are entitled to judge the people who are closest to him. I don't.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 18 Apr - 22:16

Michael Schumacher Has ‘Moments When He is Awake and Conscious’, Says New Report
Article

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/548497/20140417/michael-schumacher-sabine-kehm.htm#.U1GTuvldWSo

By Rachelle Corpuz | April 17, 2014 11:13 AM EST

Formula One (F1) racing champion Michael Schumacher is showing signs of awakening and consciousness, his manager Sabine Kehm has revealed, amidst the ongoing treatment he receives for the brain trauma he succumbed after his devastating skiing accident in December.

A message (L) of support for former Formula One champion Michael Schumacher of Germany is seen on the car of Mercedes Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain during the second practice session of the Australian F1 Grand Prix at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne March 14, 2014. Schumacher suffered severe head injuries when he slammed into a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps resort of Meribel in December. REUTERS/David Gray

Ms Kehm has spoken to German broadcaster ARD to elaborate and give update on the current condition of the 45-year-old racing legend. She said that Schumacher has displayed yet more positive signs, stating that there were moments of being wakeful and sentient. Ms Kehm said that those moments were quick and short. Nonetheless, those "small signs of progress," as Schumacher's manager puts it, certainly shed hope that he will soon wake up completely to recover.

"There are short moments of consciousness," said Ms Kehm "He is showing small signs of progress," she added.

"There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious."

Ms Kehm said that she was not in the position to give any prognosis on Schumacher's condition in spite of the optimistic report, especially with the brain trauma he suffered from the accident. Ms Kehm also explained that any form for interaction with the former Ferrari and Mercedez racing driver is "on a very limited basis."

However, Schumacher's manager refused to further reveal more details. "I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in the field," she said. Ms Kehm said that Schumacher's family was overwhelmed by the downpour of support that the seven-time F1 champion gets from his fans all over the world, but also addressed a number of reports speculating on his condition, which she alleged to have come from German newspapers. According to Schumacher's manager, the 45-year-old retired racing driver's family becomes upset when doctors share their views on that matter even though they aren't the ones treating Schumacher.

"It has been a problem when outsiders comment and it means we have to set the record straight, even when we don't want to."

Gary Hartstein, a former F1 doctor writes on his blog on a regular basis, tackling Schumacher's medical condition. On April 16, Mr Hartstein somewhat challenged Ms Kehm's statements about Schumacher's wakefulness and consciousness. He said that it is difficult to differentiate "a patient with unresponsive wakefulness syndrome from minimally conscious state." As for Schumacher's case, he said that having had suffered brain damage, the ability of being able to "show responses" would be limited. Read more of Mr Harstein blog here.

Three months after he was badly injured in a skiing accident, Schumacher continues to fight for his life.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 27 Apr - 20:30

Michael Schumacher latest news: report – F1 legend out of coma and recognises wife
Posted by Alice Denholmes 25th April 2014, 01:04pm

http://www.fanatix.com/news/michael-schumacher-latest-news-report-f1-legend-out-of-coma-and-recognises-wife/227913/

According to widespread reports, Michael Schumacher has come out of his coma and recognised his wife.

Broadcaster RT state that Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kem has told local television that the former Formula 1 champion was in a complicated process of recovery, alternating between states of consciousness and sleep as he wakes up from the induced coma.

Kem said she could not elaborate further for fear of breaching his privacy, leaving further comment to the hospital where he is currently being cared.

Schumacher was rushed to hospital on December 29th after suffering a head injury in a ski accident in the Alps, and has been in a coma for the past 95 days.

More to follow.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 4 May - 11:13

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/550905/20140504/michael-schumacher-formula-one.htm#.U2YSG_ldXTw

"Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently denied reports that the seven-time formula one champion has already waken up from coma, stressing there's no truth to the rumors, but Schumi's family is confident his health will progress soon."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next