Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014

+3
fuzeta
Claudia79
Panda
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014

Post  kitti Wed 23 Apr - 19:03

King Edwards!!!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014

Post  Lioned Wed 23 Apr - 19:27

Kitti,i found this indoor allotment you could plant your apple tree and maybe a couple of spuds and there's even a little shed for Oskar.

http://bit.ly/1hk4hYB
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 23 Apr - 22:54

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:Off topic warnings are issued by mods and admin if they feel it's necessary.

Claudia, if a thread goes off topic it is confusing for everyone and since you and AnnaEsse are seldom around to Moderate .as you can see Lioned took no notice so what it means is  anything goes on MM is it?

Panda, you have no idea if Anna or myself are here seldom to moderate or not.
As I said, off topic warnings are issued by mods and admin. If you or anyone else feels something isn't right, you should contact admin. I'm pretty sure you won't want the off topic thing to be taken too seriously or we would have to tell you you are off topic too. And not that rarely. And now, back on topic as you want, right?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Apr - 9:21

Thank you Claudia,

As I said , a good article that affects us all in Britain.....

"This Country has to take back control of its borders.

There are Countries in Europe larger than the U.K., with smaller populations . We have to start by overriding legislation from Brussels and deporting all illegals and those who have no right to be in the U.K."

Many of you will not remember that when the EU told us what we could grow and what we could not grow, many fields were left fallow so as not to go over the quota alloted. Several young British Farmers leased land in Russia to be able to carry on Farming .

The result has been buying produce from abroad when we could have been growing our own with a better quality and cheaper , so food for thought , not ridicule
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 9:41

[quote="Lioned"]Kitti,i found this indoor allotment you could plant your apple tree and maybe a couple of spuds and there's even a little shed for Oskar.

http://bit.ly/1hk4hYB[/qu

That looks very good Lioned but the shed for Oskar...no way...Victor...yes lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Apr - 9:54

kitti wrote:
Lioned wrote:Kitti,i found this indoor allotment you could plant your apple tree and maybe a couple of spuds and there's even a little shed for Oskar.

http://bit.ly/1hk4hYB[/qu

That looks very good Lioned but the shed for Oskar...no way...Victor...yes lol

(REMARK REMOVED)  Interested Members may wish to comment.

Last edited by Claudia79 on Thu 24 Apr - 14:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove inappropriate remark)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Apr - 10:42

Panda your 'letter of the day' is a rubbish letter unless you can post some evidence that the author knows what he is talking about.

Can you direct me to the source that confirms 'vast' areas of farm land are being given over to housing (prompts the question why we have such a housing shortage)
What do you consider to be 'vast'  1 acre,20 acres a million acres ?

Also when,at the current rate of building, will the whole country be covered in concrete ? 20 years or 50 years,100 years ?

And i think we have already proven your assertion that we don't grow fruit and veg anymore is quite wrong.

If you are going to copy and paste all this stuff you need to do some research first or 'visitors' to the board will think you are just posting stuff for the sake of it !

Try posting something that we can have an intellectual debate about rather than some strangers letter in the Daily Express which is little more than a racist rant gone wrong.

Also where did i go off topic can you point me to the actual bit thats offensive ?

Mods have assured me they are Omnipresent !   Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Icon_flower
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 24 Apr - 10:59

Here is one instance Lioned  http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/10799881.York_farmland_set_for_1_500_new_homes_/

There are lots of them if you have a look.

Worrying about the amount of immigration coming into the country is not being racist. It is concern because the country is now very overcrowded and we do not have the infrastructure to support what we have now. The roads are dangerous because of the amount of traffic, the hospitals are overcrowded. There is not enough schools, not enough money, not enough housing, not enough anything. The country will become not a good place to live because we will not be able to provide the services that are necessary for a decent way of life.

Also I for one do not want to see the British countryside being destroyed piece by piece. For some people who live in a city it is their only chance for a bit of fresh air and beauty.  Plus destroying the wild life. Bees are now disappearing at a rate of knots. So growing food and fruit is getting more and more difficult

Last edited by fuzeta on Thu 24 Apr - 11:06; edited 2 times in total
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Apr - 11:00

Lioned wrote:Panda your 'letter of the day' is a rubbish letter unless you can post some evidence that the author knows what he is talking about.

Can you direct me to the source that confirms 'vast' areas of farm land are being given over to housing (prompts the question why we have such a housing shortage)

Also when,at the current rate of building, will the whole country be covered in concrete ? 20 years or 50 years,100 years ?

And i think we have already proven your assertion that we don't grow fruit and veg anymore is quite wrong.

If you are going to copy and paste all this stuff you need to do some research first or 'visitors' to the board will think you are just posting stuff for the sake of it !

Try posting something that we can have an intellectual debate about rather than some strangers letter in the Daily Express which is little more than a racist rant gone wrong.

Also where did i go off topic can you point me to the actual bit thats offensive ?

Mods have assured me they are Omnipresent !   Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Icon_flower

Here we go again, the Siamese twins. Lioned , if Antoinette was here you would have been banned a while ago because you are behaving EXACTLY like
Doc , who used to follow me around and trash my posts, she caught on and banned him straight away.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Apr - 11:18

fuzeta wrote:Here is one instance Lioned  http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/10799881.York_farmland_set_for_1_500_new_homes_/

There are lots of them if you have a look.

Worrying about the amount of immigration coming into the country is not being racist. It is concern because the country is now very overcrowded and we do not have the infrastructure to support what we have now. The roads are dangerous because of the amount of traffic, the hospitals are overcrowded. There is not enough schools, not enough money, not enough housing, not enough anything. The country will become not a good place to live because we will not be able to provide the services that are necessary for a decent way of life.

Also I for one do not want to see the British countryside being destroyed piece by piece. For some people who live in a city it is their only chance for a bit of fresh air and beauty.  Plus destroying the wild life. Bees are now disappearing at a rate of knots. So growing food and fruit is  getting more and more difficult

Morning fuzeta, yes, Britain is becoming grossly overcrowded and with thousands of EX Pats coming back from Spain and other European Countries, drastic measures need to be taken.Because that letter has been given prominence in the Paper, maybe the Government will for once start acting . I posted on the World thread a good Article about the EU, maybe these May Elections will spring a few surprises.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 12:05

I don't think I'm out off order saying I'd rather put Victor in the wooden house than my dear Oskar.

There's No competition .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 Empty Kitti ( the modulator)

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 12:06

And stop following Panda around Lioned.....your married.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Apr - 12:32

kitti wrote:And stop following Panda around Lioned.....your married.
1. IIRC Doc got banned because he kept fighting with Porky and Marky.
2. The produce in the shops is crap because we have had several crap summers running and it hasn't grown or ripened properly (it's the same in lots of other countries too).
3. As the OP referred to farming v imported foods, then the foodie disussion is on topic.
4. If you don't like the way the forum is run or moderated then nobody's forcing you to stay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 13:08

I can't remember Doc.

Can I just say about schools, the school near me had a lovely large playground, now they had to build onto the playground you couldn't swing a cat In it.....it seems unfair that children haven't got the room to run around and play the same games as I used to due to lack off space.

Also, I think home grown fruit and veg tastes nicer that the imported rubbish (apart from Maris piper, I don't know where they come from)

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 13:11

Also.....when I lived in Wales my friends used to come visit and I cooked them Welsh Lamb and they all said that Welsh Lamb tasted better than New Zealand Lamb.....I dont know As I dont eat meat.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Apr - 14:13

I am not saying the country isnt overcrowded.It probably isnt quite there yet but as fuzeta says the infrastucture is already stretched, i know that very well.And also i know areas of farmland that has been lost to development.
I have yet another golf course being built on a farm up the road.And my favourite open land where me and my mates used to play as kids and the local allotments is now covered in low rise flats.

If you cannot see how daft your 'letter of the day' is then you will never be able to argue a rational case against immigration.
Those letters make no sense at all unless you can back them up with facts and statistics.

And those tactics are exactly those that the National Front and BNP kept bleating on about drumming up xenophobic fear,thats how it starts.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Apr - 14:27

Panda wrote:
Lioned wrote:Panda your 'letter of the day' is a rubbish letter unless you can post some evidence that the author knows what he is talking about.

Here we go again, the Siamese twins. Lioned , if Antoinette was here you would have been banned a while ago because you are behaving EXACTLY like
Doc , who used to follow me around and trash my posts, she caught on and banned him straight away.!!!!

Do you think i should be banned just because i dont agree with you ?

As for following you around its actually very hard to hide from you !

Other members here have a right to opinions as well.

All i did was offer to find you some King Edwards !

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 24 Apr - 14:46

Panda, I edited your post. It's the last time I ask you not to issue warnings to other posters. That's not your job to do. It's ok to disagree (if we all agreed on everything the forum would be terribly boring) but it's not ok to tell other posters where to comment, how to comment and what to say. If you feel there are motives to complain, contact me or Anna. Thank you.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 24 Apr - 16:38

Quote : "I have yet another golf course being built on a farm up the road"

How awful for you!  I am beginning to think you are a bit of a champagne socialist Lioned  Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 192282  
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Apr - 17:02

fuzeta wrote:Quote :   "I have yet another golf course being built on a farm up the road"

How awful for you!  I am beginning to think you are a bit of a champagne socialist Lioned   Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 192282  

No i'm not that.I live a modest life and dont want for much other than a bit of good health having knocked myself silly doing manual labour for 40 years or so.

In actual fact there are reports that suggest there is more than enough 'Brown' land to accommodate all our housing needs.
Trouble is it's not always profitable enough for the developers because of the cost of clearing up the land.For example old gas works and dirty industrial land.
Plenty of old railway sidings.
Walk around the back of Old Kent Rd and Bermondsey.Acres of waste land going to be subject of a massive regeneration plan when Millwall Chairman comes to terms with Lewisham council.
Still vast areas of land around and close to the Olympic village.
Areas around the Thames estuary and the Medway towns.
Absolutely no reason to build houses on farm land yet and not in the near future either.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 24 Apr - 20:31

Lioned wrote:
fuzeta wrote:Quote :   "I have yet another golf course being built on a farm up the road"

How awful for you!  I am beginning to think you are a bit of a champagne socialist Lioned   Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 192282  

No i'm not that.I live a modest life and dont want for much other than a bit of good health having knocked myself silly doing manual labour for 40 years or so.

In actual fact there are reports that suggest there is more than enough 'Brown' land to accommodate all our housing needs.
Trouble is it's not always profitable enough for the developers because of the cost of clearing up the land.For example old gas works and dirty industrial land.
Plenty of old railway sidings.
Walk around the back of Old Kent Rd and Bermondsey.Acres of waste land going to be subject of a massive regeneration plan when Millwall Chairman comes to terms with Lewisham council.
Still vast areas of land around and close to the Olympic village.
Areas around the Thames estuary and the Medway towns.
Absolutely no reason to build houses on farm land yet and not in the near future either.

There is a housing development just down the road from my house. It's built on the site of the old gas works and the first company that took on the redevelopment went bust because of the gas that had seeped into the ground.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Apr - 20:48

Yes Anna its why there is still a lot of 'brown' land.

Not many people may know or remember the additional costs of clearing the neglected land used for the Olympic village.

First of it was thought there could be as many as 60 unexploded war time bombs.Then there was a major infestation of Japanese knot weed that you have to dig down several meters to get rid of.
Extra cost added £60/70 mill.
As i said there is loads of 'brown' land.Look around the Northern Industrial towns as well empty derelict factories.
The old Docks soon get snapped up because the developers can build expensive apartments.Other areas will need some Government encouragement.
There is really no shortage of land though some is contaminated but that should be cleaned up anyway.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 21:45

We should grow potatoes on this land.

We all know what happens when potatoes ferment lol...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 24 Apr - 21:51

Perhaps Lioned would like a glass off 'Potcheen'..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 24 Apr - 21:57

kitti wrote:Perhaps Lioned would like a glass off 'Potcheen'..

Is that Potcheen made from Spuds ? I dont know i dont do drugs but if you grew spuds on contaminated land you'd probably look like one of them glow in the dark sticks.

Bit like that stuff from Peckham springs.  Letter of the day.....Daily Express 16th April 2014 - Page 2 25346 

Last edited by Lioned on Thu 24 Apr - 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next