Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence

+13
kathybelle
princess_leia
margaret
comperedna
tanszi
xtina
Roasted Arizona
Keela
LJC
pennylane
duncanmac
Angelina
chrissie
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence - Page 2 Empty Re: Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence

Post  duncanmac Tue 13 May - 11:57

....there have been many many cases where the person 'eager to speak to the press', was involved in the disappearance...think Ian Huntley, think Philpott, just off the top of my head.  Not unreasonable to ask how old her dad was.
[/quote]

There has also many cases were the person 'eager to speak to the press', was not involved in the disappearance...
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 13 May - 12:03

Strangest thing about the press report, is the fact the man has still kept the car, I would have expected it to have well been scrapped by now.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Off Topic - Claudia Lawrence - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 13 May - 12:45

Her father seems a dignified and very gentle person, and he and her family have suffered so much.  I do hope they find her remains!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 13 May - 13:46

Know one saw her leaving the house the next morning so maybe what happened HAPPENED in the house.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 13 May - 14:03

well I have to admit that my first thought was how old was her father. and no im not disgusting or evil or anything like that. it just passed my mind.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 13 May - 14:11

Cold case review detectives have re-investigated and uncover DNA which was not found in initial search of property. Original lead investigating officer from North Yorks Police is now retired having been unable to solve this case, which was described as a blot on the copybook of North Yorks Police. Cold case unit described as working very hard to find new evidence.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 13 May - 14:11

I don't for one minute think her father is involved. He is an ex-policeman in North Yorkshire ( not that that precludes him from murder but I don't think he is guilty). From all accounts she wasn't the whiter-than-white person she is made out to be. A little bit of a madam by all accounts ( and this is from someone who knew the family).
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 13 May - 14:18

Keela wrote:I don't for one minute think her father is involved. He is an ex-policeman in North Yorkshire ( not that that precludes him from murder but I don't think he is guilty). From all accounts she wasn't the whiter-than-white person she is made out to be. A little bit of a madam by all accounts ( and this is from someone who knew the family).

She's probably never claimed to be whiter than white....still doesn't mean she should be killed.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 13 May - 14:21

[quote="Roasted Arizona"]
Keela wrote:I don't for one minute think her father is involved. He is an ex-policeman in North Yorkshire ( not that that precludes him from murder but I don't think he is guilty). From all accounts she wasn't the whiter-than-white person she is made out to be. A little bit of a madam by all accounts ( and this is from someone who knew the family).

She's probably never claimed to be whiter than white....still doesn't mean she should be killed.[/quote

True, but she wasn't, from accounts, adverse to a little bit on the side with whoever's husband was there.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 13 May - 14:26

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, but still no reason to kill her. Might be totally unconnected though too,
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Tue 13 May - 15:27

Roasted Arizona wrote:Man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence - 59 years old...anyone know how old her dad is?

my thoughts too ..............but her father is 67

xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 May - 17:23

I'm afraid that experience - not just with the McCanns - has made us all more suspicious.

I'm sure that none of us have led whiter than white lives - how boring! Okay, I do now but I've had my moments many, many years ago.

My guess is that this will be someone with whom she was, or had been, in a relationship.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 13 May - 17:43

I threw away the key off the closet which is full off my moments..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 13 May - 17:48

Did you see the state off his curtains...you can tell alot about a person by their curtains !
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 13 May - 17:51

don't come to my house then kitti I don't have any lol
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 May - 17:54

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Tue 13 May - 18:06

What did that local northern police force cold case team do? They went RIGHT BACK to the beginning, to the place Where Claudia was last known to have been seen: her house. Even though it was at least five years ago, they had a look again at the premesis! However, they genuinely wanted to find out what happened to her! They were not pussyfooting around the periphery with cleaners or what have you!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 13 May - 18:59

LJC wrote:Cold case review detectives have re-investigated and uncover DNA which was not found in initial search of property.  Original lead investigating officer from North Yorks Police is now retired having been unable to solve this case, which was described as a blot on the copybook of North Yorks Police.  Cold case unit described as working very hard to find new evidence.

And maybe they've fed that result into the database and have discovered a match?

I seem to remember some suspicions about her father before but maybe on another site, can't say l know much about Claudia's case but l hope they have the perpetrator or find them soon.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 13 May - 20:07

The arrested man has been named on Sky News. I named him on here, but quickly removed his name, because I think it's disgusting that the police have named this man, when he hasn't been charged with any offence. For me to put his name on here, makes me as bad as the police.

Many times have the police named suspects, only to find no evidence that they've committed the crime they've been arrested for. The person gets released without charge, but he is forever getting the finger pointed at him, by the 'no smoke without fire' brigade.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 13 May - 20:41

Hi Kathy, I think its the locals who have named him to the press/TV not the police.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Tue 13 May - 20:47

The police have refused to name the man, he has been named locally, which means local community.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 13 May - 20:51

Thanks Leia.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Tue 13 May - 20:57

wjk wrote:Thanks Leia.

I believe this guy has been questioned before, I'm sure I read that somewhere, which is very interesting, with the latest DNA findings, I suspect they think they have their man or he hasn't been completely honest. Maybe not, we all saw what happened to the poor chap, I forget his name, the guy with the whispy flyaway hair who had the finger pointed at him because he was an "odd ball". Same happened to Murat.

I do think the media have a responsibilty to report the news, but there is a reason why they shouldn't report this guys name, they never learn though!

I hope the Lawrence family get closure, I cannot imagine the agony they must suffer.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 13 May - 21:16

wjk wrote:Hi Kathy, I think its the locals who have named him to the press/TV not the police.

Hi Leila

Thanks for putting me straight. I automatically assumed albeit wrongly, that it was the police, because in the past, the police have named suspects, only to release them without charge later.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next