Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddie - Private Eye to break silence

+18
Chris
interested
duncanmac
malena stool
Panda
weissnicht
chrissie
kitti
comperedna
Lioned
wjk
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
wantthetruth
jassi
mara thon
mossman
Karen
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Empty Maddie - Private Eye to break silence

Post  Karen Tue 27 May - 7:16

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/478406/Madeleine-McCann-Private-eye-to-break-silence-on-hunt

Madeleine McCann private eye breaks his silence on the hunt in a new Channel 5 documentary

THE private investigator behind the 2008 operation to find Madeleine McCann will speak for the first time about his search for the youngster.

By: John Chapman
Published: Tue, May 27, 2014  

madeleine mccann, maddie, missing, gerry mccann, missing, search, portugal, police, uk, private eye, documentary, channel 5, investigatorThe new documentary will air next week on Channel 5[PA]

Kevin Halligen will break his silence in an exclusive Channel 5 interview for a documentary, The McCanns And The Conman.

The 53-year-old set up Operation Omega after being commissioned by parents Kate and Gerry McCann to find Maddy, who vanished at the age of three while on holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007.

Halligan, a Surrey-based Irishman, promised to use his MI5, MI6 and CIA “contacts” to try to track down the girl.

The security consultant signed a six-figure contract – but questions were later raised over exactly how the money was spent.

Now Halligen, who also claimed to have FBI and White House connections, has agreed to tell his side of the story.

This is the extraordinary story of one man’s audacious claims, and how he fooled the intelligence community

Emma Westcott, of Channel 5

The documentary, due to be screened next week, reads like the plot of a spy movie.

It is an extraordinary tale of covert surveillance, sting operations and the bugging of a key witness through the twists and turns of the hunt for a man who was then a prime suspect, code-named “George”.

Halligen’s final report is said to contain significant leads that now form part of the current Scotland Yard investigation, including the crucial e-fits based on the so-called “Smith sighting”, which was aired on Crimewatch last October.

But it transpired that Halligen was an audacious conman, who led people into believing he was a spy.

He was arrested in 2009 and jailed in the US for defrauding an unrelated client on a previous kidnap and ransom case.

He has recently been released from prison.

Channel 5’s Emma Westcott said: “This is the extraordinary story of one man’s audacious claims, and how he fooled the intelligence community.”

• The McCanns And The Conman, Channel 5, June 4, 9pm.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Empty Re: Maddie - Private Eye to break silence

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 7:50

Morning Karen , this should be interesting!!!

The Fund" paid" Halligen £300,000 and when he was arrested and languished in Holloway Jail , Mitchell was asked by a Reporter whether the McCanns would sue , he said "the matter is closed". Halligen was being sued by a South African Company for about US 1, million, that is why he was extradited to the US.
He owned properties in the U.S. and I assume when he paid the Company by selling his assets in the US he was allowed to leave the Country. Halligen was also known for money laundering and I suspect that's what he did with the Fund £300,000 , which is why the McCanns/Company declined to sue.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence Empty Re: Maddie - Private Eye to break silence

Post  jassi Tue 27 May - 9:03

I wonder if it will be shown, or Carter Rucked at the last moment?
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 27 May - 9:15

jassi wrote:I wonder if it will be shown, or Carter Rucked at the last moment?

It depends on which version they screen. If they run with the Halligan version and completely ignore Exton's claims as per the Sunday Times article, then no, it will not be Carter Rucked.

So, will they refer to the report Exton claims the couple buried, the e-fits that were never released by them ? Or will Halligan attempt to discredit his claims and bury the Sunday Times article ?

If so, then this production will have been written and produced by the Pink one and will have the full backing of CR, IMO.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 9:52

mossman wrote:

It depends on which version they screen.  If they run with the Halligan version and completely ignore Exton's claims as per the Sunday Times article, then no, it will not be Carter Rucked.

So, will they refer to the report Exton claims the couple buried, the e-fits that were never released by them ?  Or will Halligan attempt to discredit his claims and bury the Sunday Times article ?

If so, then this production will have been written and produced by the Pink one and will have the full backing of CR, IMO.

Hi mossman "he will reveal about his search"sounds like another McCann whitewash. He was a one man band in the U.S. claimed to have Satellite searches, and state of the art equipment ...he is Irish so must have kissed the Blarney Stone. Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence 23324 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 27 May - 11:40

mossman wrote:

It depends on which version they screen.  If they run with the Halligan version and completely ignore Exton's claims as per the Sunday Times article, then no, it will not be Carter Rucked.

So, will they refer to the report Exton claims the couple buried, the e-fits that were never released by them ?  Or will Halligan attempt to discredit his claims and bury the Sunday Times article ?

Totally agree with you, mossman
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 27 May - 12:52

wantthetruth wrote:
mossman wrote:

Agree here too.
It will be an interesting watch! Lets hope we're not like this  Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence 816281  Maddie  - Private Eye to break silence 36317  at the end of it!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 27 May - 15:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVhNvqbtW34

Biding his time....biding his time.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 27 May - 15:09

It can be 59 minutes off pure drivel but it will be 1 minute off 'smith sighting' and 'filed'...I can stomach that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 27 May - 15:19

wantthetruth wrote:
mossman wrote:

I agree too. Anything that is likely to show the Mccanns in a bad light most certainly won´t be allowed.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 27 May - 15:29

After 58 minutes off editing there will only be 2 minutes left.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 16:07

It doesn't say that he is the only person to be iinterviewed , maybe Channel 5 are doing a Panorama type reconstruction, what do you think?

Halligen can't afford to say anything detrimental because of the risk of being sued .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 27 May - 16:11

Panda wrote: 
It doesn't say that he is the only person to be iinterviewed , maybe Channel 5 are doing a Panorama type reconstruction, what do you think?

Halligen can't afford to say anything detrimental because of the risk of being sued .

Unless he is able to prove exactly what he says, contentious or not. I'm sure lawyers will have been all over it
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 16:19

Hi jassi, Well Halliigen is a con man so I wouldn't trust his version of events anyway.

This might interest you. when I was doing my research into the Fund I used "what do they know"to ask Scotland Yard if any Police Officer had been to
Holloway jail to interview Halligen with regard to the £300,000 Madeleine's Fund had paid him . He had been in Holloway Jall for almost 2 years. I received a reply from SC saying they were unable to divulge such info on an ongoing investigation. Ten days later Halligen was extradited to the U.S.A. !!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 27 May - 16:25

Hi Panda, Holloway prison is a women's prison. Do you mean Pentonville?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 16:43

chrissie wrote:Hi Panda, Holloway prison is a women's prison.  Do you mean Pentonville?

Hi chrissie, no, I.m sure I read it was Holloway, maybe he is bisexual LOL

The Police caught him in a Hotel in London where he was lashing out with his money but apparently he had been resident there for a while.

It only needs one person ,like him, to confirm he received £300,000 from the McCann Fund and the walls of Jericho could come tumbling down. I think it was Brian Kennedy who engaged him , as he did all of the "Detectives" employed by the Fund, he himself is not squeaky clean.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 27 May - 16:59

Hi Panda, he was arrested at a hotel in Oxford

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/6648201/Businessman-hired-to-look-for-Madeleine-McCann-arrested.html

He was in Belmarsh prison which is in South East London. Oh it would be lovely if he spilt the beans but he is so untrustworthy, who could believe him...
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 17:10

chrissie wrote:Hi Panda, he was arrested at a hotel in Oxford

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/6648201/Businessman-hired-to-look-for-Madeleine-McCann-arrested.html

He was in Belmarsh prison which is in South East London.  Oh it would be lovely if he spilt the beans but he is so untrustworthy, who could believe him...

OH, clever girl, that's today-paper too.!!

'Our association with Halligen and Oakley International ended well over a year ago," a spokesman for the McCann family said.
''Given that an arrest has been made it would be inappropriate for us to comment.''

I remember distinctly Mitchell being harassed by a Reporter when Halligen was arrested asking whether he would be sued by the McCanns, Mitchell said "the case is closed." Brian Kennedy of Everest Double Glazing appointed ALL the Detectives used by the McCanns and you might wonder why. Well, the first lot from Spain ( I can't remember the name offhand) were presumably already known to Kennedy because he had a home in Spain . A long time later this firm was interviewed by Telegraph Spain and claimed they never received the  money the Press in the U.K. said but only E160,000 and E40,000 expenses.  From what I gathered when I was investigating, the Invoices were raised by Brian Kennedy and he paid the Detectives. Now why would a paper Millionaire get involved to this extent to help out comparative strangers?  He himelf has reneged on two big loans issued by i think a Canadian bank.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 27 May - 17:36

Panda wrote:

It obviously wasn't Holloway as that is a women's prison. So once again, you are wrong.

And as for the comment about being bi-sexual....give me strength........
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 17:46

wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:

It obviously wasn't Holloway as that is a women's prison.  So once again, you are wrong.

That was a joke wantthetruth and chrissie has already told me that Holloway is a Women's Prison, so don't start anything again like you have been doing because it's not working. I have had a few PM's asking why you seem to have it in for me, I really don't know.

Back on topic.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 27 May - 17:46

Bisexual men become women?

ETA: Panda, if you don't like people making remarks about your comments, then please try harder not to be prejudiced. We may have bisexual posters who may feel offended by your 'jokes'.

Last edited by Claudia79 on Tue 27 May - 17:47; edited 1 time in total
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 17:47

Claudia79 wrote:Bisexual men become women?

It was a joke Claudia, if you read the last post to wantthetruth you should have known.

Last edited by Panda on Tue 27 May - 17:49; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 27 May - 17:48

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:Bisexual men become women?

It was a joke Claudia, if you read the last post you should have known.

Just edited it.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 May - 17:48

wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:

It obviously wasn't Holloway as that is a women's prison.  So once again, you are wrong.

That was a joke wantthetruth and chrissie has already told me that Holloway is a Women's Prison, so don't start anything again like you have been doing because it's not working. I have had a few PM's asking why you seem to have it in for me, I really don't know.

Back on topic.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 27 May - 17:53

Panda wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:
Panda wrote:

Back on topic.

I'm not remotely interested in any pm's you may or may not have had. One only has to read through the open forum to see how people feel.

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next