Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown

+14
mossman
kitti
ann_chovey
LJC
jinvta
Panda
Chris
wantthetruth
chrissie
almostgothic
MaryB
cass
frencheuropean
interested
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Empty Re: Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown

Post  wjk Thu 12 Jun - 23:11

mossman wrote:Thanks Ann-Chovey and WJK   Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Icon_flower 

WJK. I did find a reference where Martin Smith said none of his family, except his wife felt the same way.  Statement to Gardai January 2008, so perhaps that is what is in your mind.

After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.

It must be, mossman, thats all I could find too. Thanks for having a look  Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 944533 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Empty Re: Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown

Post  Lioned Thu 12 Jun - 23:20

kitti wrote:Where would he hide her because he didn't want her found, not that night anyway.

Was it luck she wasn't found?

The Church would be a good bet and yes they had loads of luck.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why I Believe Smithman is Real and Likely to be Gerry - Pat Brown - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Jun - 23:28

kitti wrote:Where would he hide her because he didn't want her found, not that night anyway.

Although the area is rugged with extensive potential hiding places, I do believe luck played a significant part.  

It was a combination of political and media connections, worldwide publicity overdrive, group collaboration, narcissism, and enormous luck.  An ultra-ambitious father with high flying aspirations, that wasn't about to throw it all away due to the death of his child, whose hyperactivity and inability to sleep led to her being sedated so the doctors' could have some 'me time.'  He knew he was about to lose his career, family and home if the facts were known, and so he took an enormous risk, although for him it was the only viable option (imho).
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Fri 13 Jun - 16:38

I am not sure if was good luck or bad luck for the McCanns. Could this be a possible event:

- Initial plan was that she would be found (but with assumption no suspicion on McCanns)
- But Smith sighting made this a bad idea
- Perhaps then it was good luck for them that she was not found
- Or maybe they used the car to move her realising he had been seen (this would connect with dogs and car)
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4