Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimewatch

+11
chrissie
interested
jassi
jeanmonroe
cherry1
mossman
kitti
Angelina
whatsupdoc
fred
AnnaEsse
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Crimewatch - Page 3 Empty Re: Crimewatch

Post  tanszi Wed 17 Sep - 15:12

I appreciate your take on it LJC, but "calling in a favour" where I come from means someone has been owed big time for keeping schtum about something.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Crimewatch - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Crimewatch - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Wed 17 Sep - 15:18

LJC wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
LJC wrote:

Well you must think me odd as well then, or me and my hubby, because we know a few high ranking (retired and still serving) Police Officers some of whom in turn may have links to the Met and my cousins's son is an actor and has starred in TV programmes for the BBC/ITV and has just starred in a film, and some friends of ours in the village have a son who is a journalist who works in the North East and researches stories for the regional TV news up there,

Just asking, LJC, but do you think the police officers, you know, would care to impart to you, their 'views' on OG and their 'views' on what they think happened to a 'missing' girl, given all the information, they have 'gleaned' over the last 7 years.

Has your journalist friend ever asked to 'investigate'  about 'missing' Madeleine?

And if he did, what was the response from his 'boss'?

Thx in advance.

Just to add: I know police officers at the Met and they SAY that DCI Redwood's FAUX 'investigation' (OG), and they mention his, now retired, ex boss at Grange, DSI Hamish Campbell, who 'fitted' up 'local nutter' INNOCENT Barry George, to life imprisonment, for 'killing' J Dando, IS and i quote "a total fcuking embarrassment" to the Met's 'reputation' and to the 99.9% of honest cops that work there.

When asked WHY DCI Redwood was 'chosen' for OG, they all refer to the above!

"The apple never falls far from the tree", they say!

Anyone, absolutey ANYONE other than the most 'obvious' they say.

ie., The very LAST person, admitted on record, to have claimed to have SEEN 'a LIVE', now, 'missing' child in her bed, the child's own father.

But what can they do when the big, big, CHEESE, at the Met, BHH, is a totally 'dedicated' (?)  McCann's, 'supporter'?'

The Police personnel we know have views on all sorts of things and differing views at that.  And the Police Force can be a strange environment to work in, many of the male officers can do bitchy far better than many of the female officers.  There is often resentment towards fellow officers who get promoted ahead of others.  

jassi wrote:No doubt, but I'm sure few of us would have their contact details immediately to hand when far a way on a foreign holiday.

Of course we wouldn't have all of our neighbours contact details to hand on a foreign holiday but its not about phone calls as there are so many ways in which to communicate with people, even people we hardly know.  Think of email. Think of Facebook - I alone have several neighbours in my cul de sac on there even though I only have to cross the road to knock on their door if I want to speak to them.  I have half the village on there too.   Its not so much about calling in favours, its about getting a message out there.  The McCanns have shown us how to do it (not that anyone here is in danger of losing a child on holiday) but for those who are as careless/neglectful, they too will know how to go about getting the message out.

Except that it was all about phone calls that night and the early hours of the morning.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
Crimewatch - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Crimewatch - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 17 Sep - 15:26

Spot on jassi. I wouldn't be calling in favours at that time of night or morning.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 17 Sep - 15:43

For me it's not so much about what connections the McCanns had to influential people, it's the "message" that they were able to communicate in the early hours, that Madeleine was "abducted".  Surely in those early hours Madeleine's parents and their friends should have been so busy searching they shouldn't have had time to be calling acquaintances in another counry with the abduction story.  At that point she was missing but my hope/belief would have been she would be found at any moment not calling people in another country in the middle of the night claiming abduction.  And that fund that was set up so early on, who sets up a "fighting" fund to help?  Quite possibly parents who want to cover all the bases in the event they are accused and had to "fight" charges that Madeleine was not abducted.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 17 Sep - 15:52

chrissie wrote:@LJC from your post:

Its not so much about calling in favours, its about getting a message out there

I was specifically referring to Brian Kennedy stating that they had 'called in favours'.

http://news.sky.com/story/572921/exclusive-parents-to-stay-in-portugal

Responding to criticism that the McCanns would not have had so much help if they weren't doctors, he said: "It's true we have friends we could call on that others may not have - and we used them, we called in favours.

Wasn't that Wee Johnnie McCann who bragged about "calling in the favours", a sleekit wee flyboy if ever there was one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 17 Sep - 15:57

Iris wrote:

I was specifically referring to Brian Kennedy stating that they had 'called in favours'.

Responding to criticism that the McCanns would not have had so much help if they weren't doctors, he said: "It's true we have friends we could call on that others may not have - and we used them, we called in favours.

Wasn't that Wee Johnnie McCann who bragged about "calling in the favours", a sleekit wee flyboy if ever there was one.

Crimewatch - Page 3 294124

I think Wee Johnnie did too Iris but I couldn't find a link to support it.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 17 Sep - 16:08

Daily Record rings a bell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 17 Sep - 16:18

Iris wrote:

Yes Iris, I believe it was John McCann as well as Brian Kennedy. So, to me, it means that Brian Kennedy for example was owed favours and John McCann was owed favours and that they pressed themselves into action. I agree that the message being one of abduction is what is the problem here but I do not blame anyone for trying to get as many people on board as possible in the event of your child going missing.

jassi wrote:Except that it was all about phone calls that night and the early hours of the morning.

Yes true Jassi. But with mobile phones nowadays it is amazing just how many phone numbers are on someone's contact list. As Iris quite rightly said, old uni friends who have gone on to have successful careers in media and politics would be first on the list of people to call; no doubt they all had at least one or two of these people amongst their contact lists which, collectively, would result in several people worth contacting.

None of us can know really what we would do in the catastrophic event of one of our children going missing on holiday. The Police are called and the physical searching is obvious, that goes without saying. But I can also well imagine in the panic you would be making phone calls rather than just sitting around wringing your hands if it was decided that one or some of you stay behind and look after the other remaining children. And even if physically searching, you can use a phone at the same time surely?

It is not so much that phone calls were made or to whom they were made - it is the content of these phone calls that I take issue with. The fact that the message they put out in the initial phone calls was that a shutter had been jemmied is what I find very strange rather than the phone calls themselves. I certainly do not find it odd that they knew so many influential people - after all it was quite a crowd of them away on holiday together - it is content of the phone calls that was the most odd.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 17 Sep - 17:57

I agree LJC it isn't who they knew, or who those they knew, knew. its about the message that was being relayed. That Madeleine was abducted, the property broken into, the jimmied shutters etc.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 17 Sep - 22:11

tanszi wrote:I agree LJC it isn't who they knew, or who those they knew, knew.  its about the message that was being relayed.  That Madeleine was abducted, the property broken into, the jimmied shutters etc.

Exactly tanszi. I agree that desperate times need desperate measures but why all the lies from the very beginning?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 17 Sep - 23:24

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jun/02/ukcrime.comment

Article that gives details of who contacted who.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3