Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents

+8
Krisy22
Badboy
LJC
Judge Dread
kitti
interested
quickfingers
wjk
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Empty Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents

Post  quickfingers Wed 21 Jan - 10:37

Very shocked to read this, especially the neglect part.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2919043/McCanns-troll-stole-18-000-parents.html

Looking after family with dementia isn't easy or much fun but why not seek help for them?

Last edited by quickfingers on Wed 21 Jan - 17:41; edited 1 time in total
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :
Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Empty Re: Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents

Post  Guest Wed 21 Jan - 10:49

quickfingers wrote:Very shocked to read this, especially the neglect part.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2919043/McCanns-troll-stole-18-000-parents.html

Looking after family with dementia isn't easy or much fun but why not seek help for them?

ah yes, the question oft asked seldom answered. why. the who, what, when and where are often just scenery for people to indulge in their creative fantasies but when it comes down to it it's always, why.

Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Empty Re: Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents

Post  Badboy Wed 21 Jan - 15:05

LINK DOESN'T WORK.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE MONEY,THEY SEE A CHANCE OF EASY MONEY BY STEALING FROM THE VULNERABLE RATHER THAN MAKING AN HONEST LIVING,AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING LIKE A GET RICH QUICK MERCHANT,THERE ARE LOTS OF WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON INTERNET,EVERYONE SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY,MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE A LOT MORE THAN £10,000 THEY STEAL.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 21 Jan - 15:26

I read this news last night in the DM and commented in another thread. Notice she was sentenced for fraud LAST WEEK. I'm wondering why this was not reported by the press at that time. Why wasn't it reported last week rather than on the eve of the court date in Lisbon? To divert attention possibly? I have read (on twitter) that today, January 2l, there would be news from Portugal regarding the damages verdict.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 21 Jan - 16:39

Badboy wrote:LINK DOESN'T WORK.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE MONEY,THEY SEE A CHANCE OF EASY MONEY BY STEALING FROM THE VULNERABLE RATHER THAN MAKING AN HONEST LIVING,AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING LIKE A GET RICH QUICK MERCHANT,THERE ARE LOTS OF WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ON INTERNET,EVERYONE SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY,MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE A LOT MORE THAN £10,000 THEY STEAL.

Absolutely Badboy...but this was her parents!! My god, but how do some people stoop so low?!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Wed 21 Jan - 17:43

Sorry Badboy I've fixed the link now. As well as stealing the money I am amazed at the neglect. If you can't cope you pass the task to someone else.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 21 Jan - 18:24

interested wrote:I read this news last night in the DM and commented in another thread. Notice she was sentenced for fraud LAST WEEK.  I'm wondering why this was not reported by the press at that time.  Why wasn't it reported last week rather than on the eve of the court date in Lisbon?  To divert attention possibly? I have read (on twitter) that today, January 2l, there would be news from Portugal regarding the damages verdict.  

butler's legal issues are not of national importance where the media are concerned. may well have been reported in the local media but only picked up now by the nationals and reported only as a result of her activities concerning the mccann case. as for the timing and given that any definitive news, if any, from portugal today would only make the media tomorrow, the answer would appear to no. if they, whoever they are, wanted to divert attention, they'd have printed it tomorrow. admittedly, online sites are updated earlier but then the butler story has been slipping down the the page during the day and last i looked, has gone altogether.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 21 Jan - 18:39

quickfingers wrote:

Sorry Badboy I've fixed the link now.   As well as stealing the money I am amazed at the neglect.   If you can't cope you pass the task to someone else.  

But sounds like she defrauded as well. Its not a case of not coping by the sound of it, its a case of she saw an opportunity to skim money away from her parents.

And even though the sister was not involved, she went 5 weeks without seeing her parents. The sister might feel let down in all this too but surely she could have had more contact with her parents than leaving it 5 weeks to visit them.

And that's where the opportunity arose; DB knew that her sister was not visiting so she could get away with it.

No wonder she travelled so well. I always wondered how she could afford to tour Portugal and Spain, in the name of Madeleine, and I hope no one else contributed to her scam. Perhaps she saw Madeleine as an opportunity too?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 21 Jan - 18:53

LJC wrote:And even though the sister was not involved, she went 5 weeks without seeing her parents. The sister might feel let down in all this too but surely she could have had more contact with her parents than leaving it 5 weeks to visit them.

And that's where the opportunity arose; DB knew that her sister was not visiting so she could get away with it.

maybe that there are good reasons for this. maybe her sister was on vacation. maybe she doesn't live local. given that both parents had dementia maybe she called butler on a cell phone to see how they were and didn't realise she was out the country. might be well to hold off the sister until, if ever, things become a little clearer. yes?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 21 Jan - 19:52

Marky wrote:
interested wrote:I read this news last night in the DM and commented in another thread. Notice she was sentenced for fraud LAST WEEK.  I'm wondering why this was not reported by the press at that time.  Why wasn't it reported last week rather than on the eve of the court date in Lisbon?  To divert attention possibly? I have read (on twitter) that today, January 2l, there would be news from Portugal regarding the damages verdict.  

butler's legal issues are not of national importance where the media are concerned. may well have been reported in the local media but only picked up now by the nationals and reported only as a result of her activities concerning the mccann case. as for the timing and given that any definitive news, if any, from portugal today would only make the media tomorrow, the answer would appear to no. if they, whoever they are, wanted to divert attention, they'd have printed it tomorrow. admittedly, online sites are updated earlier but then the butler story has been slipping down the the page during the day and last i looked, has gone altogether.

Still remains a big story on UK Google News though.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 21 Jan - 20:30

interested wrote:
Marky wrote:

Still remains a big story on UK Google News though.

if you knew how much i'd love to respond to that. Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 22 Jan - 0:51

REMARKS ON STORY ASK WHETHER SHE COMMITTED FRAUD ON MCCANN FUNDRAISING ACTIVITY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 22 Jan - 7:52

We will have to find her trainers to get down to the bottom off that Badboy...find them, take DNA from the soil on her shoes, match the soil to the soil she was supposed to off walked then...bobs your uncle.

But they won't do that as this article isn't interested in doing that because all they are interested in is the fact that she was an anti and a troll...end off.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 10:43

personally i think it best to just consider what she's been found guilty of and how she's behaved towards her parents rather that be bothered about what she got upto while senior stormtrooper in that wretched outfit started by bennett which has done more harm than good.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Thu 22 Jan - 11:12

Marky wrote:personally i think it best to just consider what she's been found guilty of and how she's behaved towards her parents rather that be bothered about what she got upto while senior stormtrooper in that wretched outfit started by bennett which has done more harm than good.

Spot on... Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 307691
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 11:18

Picks self up off the floor after reading that Marky and Judge Dread have agreed on something!

It is unfortunate that Ms Butler has "history" relating to the McCanns (as in not believing them, rather than the accepted behaviour of thinking that they are the most wonderful people ever to have lived) as inevitably the tabloids will regurgitate it.

It has no relevance to what she has been convicted of now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 22 Jan - 15:06

LJC wrote:
quickfingers wrote:

Sorry Badboy I've fixed the link now.   As well as stealing the money I am amazed at the neglect.   If you can't cope you pass the task to someone else.  

But sounds like she defrauded as well. Its not a case of not coping by the sound of it, its a case of she saw an opportunity to skim money away from her parents.  

And even though the sister was not involved, she went 5 weeks without seeing her parents. The sister might feel let down in all this too but surely she could have had more contact with her parents than leaving it 5 weeks to visit them.

No wonder she travelled so well.  I always wondered how she could afford to tour Portugal and Spain, in the name of Madeleine, and I hope no one else contributed to her scam.  Perhaps she saw Madeleine as an opportunity too?
AT THE RISK OF SOUNDS LIKE ONE  OF THOSE SPAMMING  THE GUARDIAN COMMENT COLUMNS,YOU COULD BUY A LOT OF ECOMMERCE WEBSITES WITH £10,000 AND PRODUCE A REGULAR MONTHLY INCOME.

PERHAPS SLIGHLY OFF TOPIC,I HAVE ALSO NOTICED A LOT OF FRAUDSTER SPEND MONEY LIKE WATER EG MARK HOFFMAN, THAT WOMAN WHO GOT £500,000 THAT DEFRAUDING SON IN THAT 7/7 COMPENSATION CASE
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 22 Jan - 15:10

Marky wrote:
LJC wrote:And even though the sister was not involved, she went 5 weeks without seeing her parents. The sister might feel let down in all this too but surely she could have had more contact with her parents than leaving it 5 weeks to visit them.

maybe that there are good reasons for this. maybe her sister was on vacation. maybe she doesn't live local. given that both parents had dementia maybe she called butler on a cell phone to see how they were and didn't realise she was out the country. might be well to hold off the sister until, if ever, things become a little clearer. yes?

Yes perhaps but at the same time distance should not stop a daughter from visiting her parents if she resides in the UK.  Five weeks is too long imo if she does live in the UK.  If she was on vacation?  Not sure about that one, to go away on holiday for five weeks when she has two elderly parents with dementia?  Even if Butler was sole carer for their parents I would have thought the other sister would have wanted to have contact more frequently.  Dementia does not mean the sufferer is unable to take a phone call; they might not recognise the voice at the other end but on the other hand they might and its peace of mind to hear THEIR voices imo.  At least you know they are doing okay.  I doubt Butler has recently changed; leopards don't do they?  I bet the sister knows exactly what she was like. And Butler's campaign against the McCanns made the national news, so how could Butler be sole carer with all that time consuming work of handing out leaflets and blogging online going on?

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 17:46

LJC wrote:
Marky wrote:

Yes perhaps but at the same time distance should not stop a daughter from visiting her parents if she resides in the UK.  Five weeks is too long imo if she does live in the UK.  If she was on vacation?  Not sure about that one, to go away on holiday for five weeks when she has two elderly parents with dementia?  Even if Butler was sole carer for their parents I would have thought the other sister would have wanted to have contact more frequently.  Dementia does not mean the sufferer is unable to take a phone call; they might not recognise the voice at the other end but on the other hand they might and its peace of mind to hear THEIR voices imo.  At least you know they are doing okay.  I doubt Butler has recently changed; leopards don't do they?  I bet the sister knows exactly what she was like. And Butler's campaign against the McCanns made the national news, so how could Butler be sole carer with all that time consuming work of handing out leaflets and blogging online going on?

maybe she didn't get on with them, a big falling out years ago and they haven't seen each other since. ah well, i guess we'll never really know unless someone talks.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 22 Jan - 23:33

IT WAS SAID ON FORUM SOME TIME BACK THAT SHE WAS DOING A WALK THROUGH SPAIN,IT WASN'T TRUE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Jan - 3:46

There was a funny topic on CMOMM about Debbie's alleged walk - I don't know if it's still available though. It seemed that the only evidence supplied that she'd actually done it were photos of a bus station in Spain and a pair of worn-out shoes!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 23 Jan - 8:23

Not Born Yesterday wrote:There was a funny topic on CMOMM about Debbie's alleged walk - I don't know if it's still available though. It seemed that the only evidence supplied that she'd actually done it were photos of a bus station in Spain and a pair of worn-out shoes!

I thought she started it but couldn't complete it, could be wrong though.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Fri 23 Jan - 9:23

fred wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:There was a funny topic on CMOMM about Debbie's alleged walk - I don't know if it's still available though. It seemed that the only evidence supplied that she'd actually done it were photos of a bus station in Spain and a pair of worn-out shoes!

I thought that too Fred. Didn't she meet and phone other members along the way.... or may be in my imagination.Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 294124
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Jan - 9:35

Krisy22 wrote:
fred wrote:

I thought that too Fred.  Didn't she meet and phone other members along the way.... or may be in my imagination.Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 294124  

i think it was in her imagination as well. Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 23 Jan - 9:53

Marky wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
fred wrote:

I thought that too Fred.  Didn't she meet and phone other members along the way.... or may be in my imagination.Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 294124  

i think it was in her imagination as well. Daily Mail - McCann's Troll Stole From Parents 25346

We were in Spain at the time, and I was going to meet her, but I didn't check my e-mails until we got back home. think I perhaps had a lucky escape.
I think she might have started it as when she landed she was at an airport different to where she thought she would be, or some drivel like that.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next