Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claudia Lawrence

+26
Colonel Fabien
Babylistener
ann_chovey
margaret
buildersbum
pennylane
malena stool
AnnaEsse
Carolina
dazedandconfused
Dimsie
jinvta
Midas
aqeleega
docmac
lifeisforliving
zodiac
Lillyofthevalley
flower
Annabel
wjk
julygirl3210
Lilemor
T4two
pm
Pabby
30 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Empty Re: Claudia Lawrence

Post  Midas Sun 27 Feb - 21:24

flower wrote:As this seems to be predominately a vigil for Claudia - I am not quite sure why 'The Parents' of Madeleine takes the headlines..................... Don't get me wrong - we are all here for Madeleine - but Why?? Oh Why?? can no other worthy cause take the headlines?........................ It surely is time for the McCanns to sit back and let other worthy cases be heard............................ imo only............... Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Icon_flower

Sadly ...... they can't. They have to keep going and going ...... and going. It's a downhill track and they haven't got any brakes. There is a wall in the distance though. I think it has Amaral and the PJ written on it Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Don't worry about the wall, folks ....... it's only made of marshmallows ....... So they will all be fit for questioning straight after the crash Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255

Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 473
Warning :
Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Sun 27 Feb - 21:30

flower wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
flower wrote:As this seems to be predominately a vigil for Claudia - I am not quite sure why 'The Parents' of Madeleine takes the headlines..................... Don't get me wrong - we are all here for Madeleine - but Why?? Oh Why?? can no other worthy cause take the headlines?........................ It surely is time for the McCanns to sit back and let other worthy cases be heard............................ imo only............... Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Icon_flower

It's like I said, they are despicable and despicable people do despicable things.

They've also forgotten that one little saying..........

'You may fool a few people some of the time,
but you won't fool all the people all of the time'

Well, they sure have seemed to fool the Great British News Industry................ Not that I really believe that............. But Why do all these 'Rags' run in favour of the McCanns??.......... I can't quite get my head round it all.............. When are some of these newspaper outlets going to tell it as it is??.............

Good question Flower.

The vast majority of the press are truly pathetic with no backbone it seems.

They need to find some intestinal fortitude.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :
Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 27 Feb - 22:07

Midas wrote:

Sadly ...... they can't. They have to keep going and going ...... and going. It's a downhill track and they haven't got any brakes. There is a wall in the distance though. I think it has Amaral and the PJ written on it Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Don't worry about the wall, folks ....... it's only made of marshmallows ....... So they will all be fit for questioning straight after the crash Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255

Rep for this post Midas, great!!! Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 294124
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Sun 27 Feb - 23:40

Midas wrote:

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 307691

What are KM's fingers like in the pic where she is lighting the candle? They look long bent and distorted as if they have seen many a hand wringing!
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sun 27 Feb - 23:43

zodiac wrote:
Midas wrote:

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 307691

What are KM's fingers like in the pic where she is lighting the candle? They look long bent and distorted as if they have seen many a hand wringing!
How accurate is that statement? Absolutely!
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Mon 28 Feb - 0:01

docmac wrote:
zodiac wrote:
Midas wrote:

How accurate is that statement? Absolutely!

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 23324 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 23324 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 23324 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 23324 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 23324

Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 28 Feb - 0:04

zodiac wrote:
Midas wrote:

They look all knobbly like she's got serious rheumatoid arthritis.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lifeisforliving Mon 28 Feb - 0:09

Midas wrote:
lifeisforliving wrote:There is also a News of the World article today about Hewlett's widow refusing to talk to Kate McCann but I cannot access it.

Anyone with a NOTW account?

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 306321 lifeisforliving ......... Don't worry about accessing this. It is irrelevant, and we need to ignore all Hewlett-related stuff. Let KMc deal with all that on her own. God knows why they are citing KMc individually on this, but it's not an avenue she should be parading down. Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 192282

My own view is that nothing should be ignored. There is too much chance of missing something. A kind soul has passed on the content of the article to me.

MADDIE: KATE PLEA TO PERV’S WIDOW

MUM TO MUM.. PLEASE TELL

HEARTBROKEN Kate McCann is pleading with the widow of a dead paedophile to break her silence in the hunt for snatched daughter Madeleine.

But Mariana Schmuecker – herself a mother of six -has snubbed FOUR requests to reveal secrets about her husband, convicted child rapist Raymond Hewlett.

Detectives believe what she knows could hold the vital key to their investigation.

When the News of the World confronted her the callous German just snarled: “Clear off! I’m sick to death of hearing about Maddie McCann!”.

FLAWED

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry desperately want Mariana to shed light on Hewlett’s links with child-sex perverts in Portugal’s Algarve, where three-year-old Maddie vanished in May 2007.

Ex-fairground worker Hewlett bore a striking resemblence to the straggly-haired man seen lurking near the McCann’ holiday apartment.

His previous conviction included the rape of a 12-year-old girl he lured into his car then drugged with paint stripper. And he was bragged how gipsies had offered him “good money” for his own blonde-haired daughter aged two.

But Mariana, who suddenly shipped off to Morocco with Hewlett just three weeks after Maddie’s disappearance, has stayed tight- lipped – even about her partner’s flawed alibi.

Hewlett claimed that on the Thursday Madeleine (right) was abducted he was with his family at a market up the coast in Fuzets. But that market is only held on Saturdays. A source close to the McCanns told us: “Through detectives Kate has begged Mariana to speak out and hopes she will do the right thing. As a mother herself you’d think she’d want to help.”

Mariana lives with her kids in the German city of Aachen, in the same flat she shared with Hewlett before he died two years ago of throat cancer at 64.

A source close to the investigation said: “Our detectives are pretty certain Mariana knows a lot about Hewlett’s background and activities. That would open up doors to paedophile networks in the Algarve.

“We were never able to rule Hewlett out as a suspect. He’d have had useful information and we’re convinced Mariana is more than able to fill in the gaps. But she just tells us to go away or puts the phone down.”

“We want to know WHO she knows, and WHAT she’s heard about possible routes to spirit a child out of the country.”

“She and Hewlett left Portugal at a rate of knots because he feared being associated with Madeleine’s disappearance.”

“We wanted to know about the six children Mariana and Hewlett had because none of them had any official birth documents. And there was a seventh child who died in mysterious circumstances.”

“They never explained how they could move from country to country with the children despite having no passports.”

lifeisforliving
lifeisforliving
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1096
Warning :
Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Mon 28 Feb - 0:10

AnnaEsse wrote:
zodiac wrote:
Midas wrote:

You took the words...
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Mon 28 Feb - 0:12

Still seeing frogs in ice. Weird. Must need some sleep.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  aqeleega Mon 28 Feb - 0:17

Looks like she has punched one too many "walls" to me. Is that a Band Aid on her fingers?
aqeleega
aqeleega
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 262
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Mon 28 Feb - 0:18

docmac wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
zodiac wrote:
Midas wrote:

You took the words...

Gnarled and knobbly ....... like Harry Lauder's walking stick. Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255 Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255
Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Midas Mon 28 Feb - 0:34

lifeisforliving wrote:
Midas wrote:
lifeisforliving wrote:There is also a News of the World article today about Hewlett's widow refusing to talk to Kate McCann but I cannot access it.

Anyone with a NOTW account?

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 306321 lifeisforliving ......... Don't worry about accessing this. It is irrelevant, and we need to ignore all Hewlett-related stuff. Let KMc deal with all that on her own. God knows why they are citing KMc individually on this, but it's not an avenue she should be parading down. Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 192282

My own view is that nothing should be ignored. There is too much chance of missing something. A kind soul has passed on the content of the article to me.

MADDIE: KATE PLEA TO PERV’S WIDOW

MUM TO MUM.. PLEASE TELL

HEARTBROKEN Kate McCann is pleading with the widow of a dead paedophile to break her silence in the hunt for snatched daughter Madeleine.

But Mariana Schmuecker – herself a mother of six -has snubbed FOUR requests to reveal secrets about her husband, convicted child rapist Raymond Hewlett.

Detectives believe what she knows could hold the vital key to their investigation.

When the News of the World confronted her the callous German just snarled: “Clear off! I’m sick to death of hearing about Maddie McCann!”.

FLAWED

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry desperately want Mariana to shed light on Hewlett’s links with child-sex perverts in Portugal’s Algarve, where three-year-old Maddie vanished in May 2007.

Ex-fairground worker Hewlett bore a striking resemblence to the straggly-haired man seen lurking near the McCann’ holiday apartment.

His previous conviction included the rape of a 12-year-old girl he lured into his car then drugged with paint stripper. And he was bragged how gipsies had offered him “good money” for his own blonde-haired daughter aged two.

But Mariana, who suddenly shipped off to Morocco with Hewlett just three weeks after Maddie’s disappearance, has stayed tight- lipped – even about her partner’s flawed alibi.

Hewlett claimed that on the Thursday Madeleine (right) was abducted he was with his family at a market up the coast in Fuzets. But that market is only held on Saturdays. A source close to the McCanns told us: “Through detectives Kate has begged Mariana to speak out and hopes she will do the right thing. As a mother herself you’d think she’d want to help.”

Mariana lives with her kids in the German city of Aachen, in the same flat she shared with Hewlett before he died two years ago of throat cancer at 64.

A source close to the investigation said: “Our detectives are pretty certain Mariana knows a lot about Hewlett’s background and activities. That would open up doors to paedophile networks in the Algarve.

“We were never able to rule Hewlett out as a suspect. He’d have had useful information and we’re convinced Mariana is more than able to fill in the gaps. But she just tells us to go away or puts the phone down.”

“We want to know WHO she knows, and WHAT she’s heard about possible routes to spirit a child out of the country.”

“She and Hewlett left Portugal at a rate of knots because he feared being associated with Madeleine’s disappearance.”

“We wanted to know about the six children Mariana and Hewlett had because none of them had any official birth documents. And there was a seventh child who died in mysterious circumstances.”

“They never explained how they could move from country to country with the children despite having no passports.”

I agree with you that we need to know that it's around, lifeisforliving. But now that we know where it is, we don't have to make a fuss about it, do we? I just wanted to be reassuring ...... and say that there was nothing urgent. I don't want to think that somebody is getting themselves into a lather about there being an interesting holiday-maker story behind the link ....... Because there isn't one. It's just rubbish and pants about bugger all. I get really upset sometimes when I can't open a link ...... I always think that I may be missing something really important ...... like an announcement from the PJ to say that they are back on the case full steam ahead. Because it would really bug me if I couldn't access a link like that! Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 613255
Midas
Midas
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 28 Feb - 4:14

A source close to the investigation said: “Our detectives are pretty certain Mariana knows a lot about Hewlett’s background and activities. That would open up doors to paedophile networks in the Algarve." (The PJ were pretty certain that the McCanns and their friends lied about the circumstances surrounding Madeleines disappearance, but that didn't stop them from perpetuting those lies and hindering the investigation.)

“We were never able to rule Hewlett out as a suspect. He’d have had useful information and we’re convinced Mariana is more than able to fill in the gaps." (Since when have pretendy cops been able to determine who is a suspect? The only official suspects never to be ruled out were the McCanns themselves.)

"But she just tells us to go away or puts the phone down.” (Why should she cooperate with a pretendy investigation with fake cops when the McCanns themselves refused to cooperate with an official investigation in which they were the prime suspects?)

“We want to know WHO she knows, and WHAT she’s heard about possible routes to spirit a child out of the country.” (Why? I want to know why Kate McCanns says she knows more than we do. I want to know why the McCanns knew Madeleine could not have left the apartment. There is alot more I would like to know, but I am sure it won't be in the book.)

“She and Hewlett left Portugal at a rate of knots because he feared being associated with Madeleine’s disappearance.” (Sounds alot like the McCanns who hotfooted it out of Portugal immediately upon being named arguidos.)
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Claudia Lawrence - Page 3 Empty DAILY STAR AGAIN AND CLAUDIA LAWRENCE

Post  POPPY1 Mon 28 Feb - 7:28

POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 28 Feb - 7:52

Daily Mail covering it too. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html. All the comments so far are very sympathetic.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 28 Feb - 8:04

dazedandconfused wrote:Daily Mail covering it too. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html. All the comments so far are very sympathetic.

Hello Dazed, the link didn't work for me. Here is an alternative one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html

Note Kate's right eye on the photos. Indicative of stress.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 28 Feb - 8:08

POPPY1 wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:Daily Mail covering it too. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html. All the comments so far are very sympathetic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html

Thanks Poppy. I've not tried to do a link before. Obviously haven't mastered the technique yet.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 28 Feb - 8:09

Just left comment.

''I have every sympathy for the Lawrence family and for Madeleine.

However her parents do not deserve this.

They left her and her two younger siblings all by themselves and this is why Madeleine 'disappeared', as they drank free wine at a local Tapas Bar. ''

POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 28 Feb - 8:10

dazedandconfused wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

Thanks Poppy. I've not tried to do a link before. Obviously haven't mastered the technique yet.

No problem Dazed, we learn by doing.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 28 Feb - 8:18

Very pro Mccann comments, I've left one as per usual, but so far not printed.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 28 Feb - 9:07

Wail article in full........

United through loss: Kate McCann meets Claudia Lawrence's father for York vigilBy James Tozer
Last updated at 1:40 AM on 28th February 2011
Comments (6) Add to My Stories
Both have endured unimaginable heartache as the fate of their daughters remains a mystery.

And for the first time yesterday, Kate McCann, mother of Madeleine, and the father of Claudia Lawrence met at a vigil for the missing chef.

On what would have been Miss Lawrence’s 37th birthday, her father Peter sat with Mrs McCann as 50 friends and family gathered at York Minster, along with Archbishop John Sentamu, to pray for the safe return of their children.

Remembrance: Kate McCann lights a candle at York Minster for her missing daughter Madeleine
Dressed in a black skirt and coat and red scarf, 42-year-old Mrs McCann lit a candle for Madeleine, who vanished aged three in 2007, and spoke of drawing support from meeting someone who knows the pain her family feel.

‘It is nice to spend time with people who are in the same position,’ she said. ‘The circumstances are very different, but we share the same pain and fear and hope.
'Our daughters are different ages and the circumstances are very different but we share the same pain and fear and hope.
More...Fresh hope for mother of Ben Needham as British police may investigate 1991 Greek snatching for first time
Scene of the grime: The 'uninhabitable' squalor in which neglected 10-year-old and his suicidal sister, 15, were forced to live

'Today is actually the first time I have met Peter, I have been in touch with his wife. It is nice to be able to support each other because it is one of those things that, unless you have been in that situation it is very difficult to understand.

'The Archbishop John Sentamu has also been very supportive. He has never forgotten us.'
Miss Lawrence has been missing since March 2009.

Her 64-year-old father said: ‘Today is difficult, just like Christmas, but we have to make the fact that Claudia is missing apparent.’
Missing: The parents of Madeleine McCann (left) and Claudia Lawrence (right) said prayers for their absent loved ones at York Cathedral today

Mr Lawrence, 64, and Mrs McCann, 42, met in the centre of York this afternoon before slowly making their way to the grandiose York Minster. Sadly neither Joan Lawrence or Gerry McCann could make the vigil.

They marched along with family and friends, holding a loft a placard with Claudia's picture on and the question 'Where are you?'

Prior to the vigil, Mr Lawrence said: 'Everything we have done for the past couple of years has been aimed at keeping the fact that Claudia is missing at the front of people's minds. Everything we can do we are trying.

'Today is obviously a special day because it is Claudia's birthday. It is not just for Claudia, we have organised it for other missing people too. Today is difficult, just like Christmas was but on every occasion we have to make the fact that Claudia is missing apparent.

'Kate got in touch when she heard that we were having this event and she said that she wanted to come along. It is nice to raise awareness for both of our daughters and for the families to come together.' Vigil: Peter Lawrence, father of missing chef Claudia Lawrence, and Madeleine McCann's mother Kate met with Dr John Sentamu for a service at York Minster

Mr Lawrence also confirmed that he intends to address a number of MPs at parliament later this week in relation to the control families have over missing people's financial affairs.

Claudia Lawrence's best friend, Suzy Cooper, also attended the vigil and prior to it said: 'It has been really difficult with today being her birthday and Claudia particularly enjoyed going out on Sundays so she would have been really pleased her birthday was on one today.

Vigil: Kate McCann prayed for missing York chef Claudia Lawrence
'We haven't made any specific plans for her birthday but I think we will have a drink, a meal and a toast to Claudia.'

The group then made their way to York Minster where they were met by Archbishop of York Sentamu and Dean of York Keith Jones.

After the group had made their way inside the stunning building, Archbishop Sentamu addressed the congregation of 50 people, saying: 'We are having a vigil on the 37th birthday of Claudia Lawrence.

'We must keep ourselves remembering that she is still missing. Someone out there knows where she is and in my prayers I hope they will have the courage to come forward.

'It is great that we also have Kate McCann here, Maddie McCann's mother. As you know in this minster, I pray for both her and for Claudia regularly.'

Mrs McCann and Mr Lawrence were then presented with a blue candle each, as a symbol of the Virgin Mary and the joy and pain of motherhood, before a number of prayers were said for Maddie, Ms Lawrence and other missing people.

The parents of Ms Lawrence and Maddie then sat side by side, along with Archbishop Sentamu, with the Minster's great window in the background, and quietly said prayers for their missing daughters.
Explore more:People: Kate McCann, Madeleine McCann, Claudia Lawrence, Gerry McCann, John Sentamu Places: York

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html#ixzz1FF74yDYm
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Mon 28 Feb - 9:10

Well, I think it's very nice of the Mail to tell us about Kate's black and red outfit, just in case some readers are colour-blind and can't work it out for themselves. These little details are important when dealing with sad events, they really make the story.

Er ... what was the story again?
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 28 Feb - 9:14

Dimsie wrote:Well, I think it's very nice of the Mail to tell us about Kate's black and red outfit, just in case some readers are colour-blind and can't work it out for themselves. These little details are important when dealing with sad events, they really make the story.

Er ... what was the story again?

Mmmmm. I don't know.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 28 Feb - 9:25

ann_chovey wrote:Wail article in full........

United through loss: Kate McCann meets Claudia Lawrence's father for York vigilBy James Tozer
Last updated at 1:40 AM on 28th February 2011
Comments (6) Add to My Stories
Both have endured unimaginable heartache as the fate of their daughters remains a mystery.

And for the first time yesterday, Kate McCann, mother of Madeleine, and the father of Claudia Lawrence met at a vigil for the missing chef.

On what would have been Miss Lawrence’s 37th birthday, her father Peter sat with Mrs McCann as 50 friends and family gathered at York Minster, along with Archbishop John Sentamu, to pray for the safe return of their children.

Remembrance: Kate McCann lights a candle at York Minster for her missing daughter Madeleine
Dressed in a black skirt and coat and red scarf, 42-year-old Mrs McCann lit a candle for Madeleine, who vanished aged three in 2007, and spoke of drawing support from meeting someone who knows the pain her family feel.

‘It is nice to spend time with people who are in the same position,’ she said. ‘The circumstances are very different, but we share the same pain and fear and hope.
'Our daughters are different ages and the circumstances are very different but we share the same pain and fear and hope.
More...Fresh hope for mother of Ben Needham as British police may investigate 1991 Greek snatching for first time
Scene of the grime: The 'uninhabitable' squalor in which neglected 10-year-old and his suicidal sister, 15, were forced to live

'Today is actually the first time I have met Peter, I have been in touch with his wife. It is nice to be able to support each other because it is one of those things that, unless you have been in that situation it is very difficult to understand.

'The Archbishop John Sentamu has also been very supportive. He has never forgotten us.'
Miss Lawrence has been missing since March 2009.

Her 64-year-old father said: ‘Today is difficult, just like Christmas, but we have to make the fact that Claudia is missing apparent.’
Missing: The parents of Madeleine McCann (left) and Claudia Lawrence (right) said prayers for their absent loved ones at York Cathedral today

Mr Lawrence, 64, and Mrs McCann, 42, met in the centre of York this afternoon before slowly making their way to the grandiose York Minster. Sadly neither Joan Lawrence or Gerry McCann could make the vigil.

They marched along with family and friends, holding a loft a placard with Claudia's picture on and the question 'Where are you?'

Prior to the vigil, Mr Lawrence said: 'Everything we have done for the past couple of years has been aimed at keeping the fact that Claudia is missing at the front of people's minds. Everything we can do we are trying.

'Today is obviously a special day because it is Claudia's birthday. It is not just for Claudia, we have organised it for other missing people too. Today is difficult, just like Christmas was but on every occasion we have to make the fact that Claudia is missing apparent.

'Kate got in touch when she heard that we were having this event and she said that she wanted to come along. It is nice to raise awareness for both of our daughters and for the families to come together.' Vigil: Peter Lawrence, father of missing chef Claudia Lawrence, and Madeleine McCann's mother Kate met with Dr John Sentamu for a service at York Minster

Mr Lawrence also confirmed that he intends to address a number of MPs at parliament later this week in relation to the control families have over missing people's financial affairs.

Claudia Lawrence's best friend, Suzy Cooper, also attended the vigil and prior to it said: 'It has been really difficult with today being her birthday and Claudia particularly enjoyed going out on Sundays so she would have been really pleased her birthday was on one today.

Vigil: Kate McCann prayed for missing York chef Claudia Lawrence
'We haven't made any specific plans for her birthday but I think we will have a drink, a meal and a toast to Claudia.'

The group then made their way to York Minster where they were met by Archbishop of York Sentamu and Dean of York Keith Jones.

After the group had made their way inside the stunning building, Archbishop Sentamu addressed the congregation of 50 people, saying: 'We are having a vigil on the 37th birthday of Claudia Lawrence.

'We must keep ourselves remembering that she is still missing. Someone out there knows where she is and in my prayers I hope they will have the courage to come forward.

'It is great that we also have Kate McCann here, Maddie McCann's mother. As you know in this minster, I pray for both her and for Claudia regularly.'

Mrs McCann and Mr Lawrence were then presented with a blue candle each, as a symbol of the Virgin Mary and the joy and pain of motherhood, before a number of prayers were said for Maddie, Ms Lawrence and other missing people.

The parents of Ms Lawrence and Maddie then sat side by side, along with Archbishop Sentamu, with the Minster's great window in the background, and quietly said prayers for their missing daughters.
Explore more:People: Kate McCann, Madeleine McCann, Claudia Lawrence, Gerry McCann, John Sentamu Places: York

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361173/Parents-Madeleine-McCann-Claudia-Lawrence-meet-York-vigil.html#ixzz1FF74yDYm

Very interesting that Kate got in touch with her, ann chovey. The Mc's must be very busy indeed hunting down them bandwagons to jump on.... one wonders when they ever have time for anything else.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next