Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash

+2
fred
cherry1
6 posters

Go down

McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Empty McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash

Post  cherry1 Tue 3 Apr - 23:59

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5962857/madeleine-mccanns-parents-kate-and-gerry-hit-back-at-critics-of-new-met-police-cash-to-track-down-missing-girl/?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSun:FBLink:Quote:News

'STOP BEING ARMCHAIR COPS' Madeleine McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry hit back at critics of new Met Police cash to track down missing girl

Kate and Gerry McCann hit back after parents of two missing kids slammed the move and a top ex-cop said solving the Maddie riddle was 'almost impossible'

Exclusive

By Tracey Kandohla and Sam Christie

3rd April 2018, 9:10 pm
Updated: 3rd April 2018, 9:10 pm

THE parents of Madeleine McCann have defended the new police cash boost to help find their daughter - and urged critics to “stop being armchair detectives.”

Kate and Gerry hit back after a top ex-cop said solving the Maddie riddle after nearly 11 years was “almost impossible”.

And the parents of two missing children slammed the Government for handing over more money for the high-profile hunt.

It comes after the Home Office last week confirmed Scotland Yard would get extra funds - understood to be £150,000 - to chase a vital “final line of inquiry”.

A close pal of the couple told the Sun Online today: “Kate and Gerry do not feel their daughter’s case should be given any more priority than any other missing child but there is an active police investigation ongoing and officers still feel there is important work left to be done.

“The Met Police have requested extra funding and have been granted it.

"Kate and Gerry didn’t ask for it but they are very thankful the search for Madeleine will continue.

“It’s not helpful and is very hurtful for retired police officers and in the past so called crime experts and other families to say the investigation should be wound up and is a waste of public money.

“Kate and Gerry believe there is a chance their daughter could still be found alive, as detectives do.

“They have enough to deal with and don’t need people with no idea about the case being armchair detectives and hopes the criticism stops.

“It undermines the work of one of the best police forces in the world.”

Former detective Colin Sutton, who turned down the chance of leading the Maddie inquiry, believes the girl is dead and her body buried in one of many ancient wells near Praia da Luz, Portugal, from where she vanished in May 2007.

He told an Australian documentary at the weekend that investigators faced a “thankless task” and insisted: “It’s almost impossible without specific intelligence that would allow you to focus on a specific area.”

So far the investigation, launched in May 2011, has cost the taxpayer more than £11.2million.

Last week former GP Kate, 50, and heart doctor Gerry, 49, of Rothley, Leics, were verbally attacked by the parents of two missing kids.

The mum of Ben Needham slammed the McCann’s on national TV.

ago

Venting her frustration on Loose Women, Kerry Needham said she had not received the same “magnitude” of support as Maddie’s parents.

Kerry, 43, from South Yorks, whose son disappeared during a family holiday to the Greek island of Kos in 1991, said: “It hurts. It hurts us and it hurts me as Ben’s mum.

“I’m not taking anything away from it at all – she deserves to be found but so does Ben and we haven’t had a fraction of that help.

“I’ve had to fight alone as a single mum and tried to get the help that Ben deserves and that we deserve as a family. It did happen in the end but not to the magnitude that that case has had.”

A dad whose son has been missing for over two years hit out after the Home Office it was giving Scotland Yard’s Maddie inquiry, Operation Grange, an undisclosed sum to keep going for another six months.

As more funding to find Maddie - understood to be £150,000 - was announced Kate and Gerry were also targeted by furious dad Paul Whinham.

He has written to the Prime Minister to complain about the resources given to the seven-year probe which has already cost taxpayers £11.5 million.

Paul from Wallsend, Tyneside, whose son Michael disappeared from his home in Newcastle in November 2015, aged 31 said: “There’s people like me all over the country being told there’s no more the police can do and yet this one case gets all the money and attention.”

Paul revealed he penned his letter a few months ago, saying: “I wrote asking why all missing people weren’t being treated equally.

“The policing minister Nick Hurd wrote back to say that every enquiry gets the same treatment, but then goes on to say that when Theresa May was Home Secretary she set up a special unit to look for Madeleine McCann.

“If that’s not preferential treatment, I don’t know what is.”

The McCann’s pal pointed out today how much they had done to help put the cases of all missing people in the spotlight.

Kate, now a medical worker, is still an ambassador for the charity Missing People and “works tirelessly to raise aware of missing children”, the source said.

The pal added: “It seems unfair and insensitive that people are always scrutinising Madeleine’s case.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Empty Re: McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash

Post  interested Wed 4 Apr - 2:13

Just about what I'd expect from Tracey Kandohla, the tragic McCanns, who have enough to deal with, hitting back at criticism from armchair detectives who have no idea about the case. I'm sure if the McCanns have a lot to deal with, that would be because there would have to be a conscience somewhere between the two of them. Sadly I don't believe either of them has any conscience as they continue to dishonour Madeleine with their charade.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash  Empty Re: McCanns hit back at critics of new Met Police cash

Post  malena stool Wed 4 Apr - 11:28

What I find an obcenity is the McCann name being used to hit back at, "armchair cops". These are the two parents, (one who refused to help the police) and the other who famously and disdainfully said that the evidence of blood and cadarverine identified by the dogs was worthless and incorrect. Is he a renowned expert in the use of dogs in police work or just another "Armchair Cop"?

And former detective Colin Sutton is not nor ever was an "Armchair Cop" he was asked to run the very case he's being mocked for refusing to do so!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sorely tired of hearing of a "Close Pal" of the McCanns.. I dare bet that they don't have a friend on this planet.

Apparently former GP Kate, 50, and heart doctor Gerry, 49, of Rothley, Leics, were verbally attacked by the parents of two missing kids. Wow, Ben Needham's mum had the temerity to say she had not received the same “magnitude” of support as Maddie’s parents, by saying “It hurts. It hurts us and it hurts me as Ben’s mum. Adding “I’m not taking anything away from it at all – she deserves to be found but so does Ben and we haven’t had a fraction of that help. “I’ve had to fight alone as a single mum and tried to get the help that Ben deserves and that we deserve as a family. It did happen in the end but not to the magnitude that that case has had.”

A dad, Paul Whinham  whose son has been missing for over two years has written to the Prime Minister to complain after the Home Office has said it was giving Operation Grange £150.000 to keep going for another six months.

The McCann’s pal whowill remain completely nameless pointed out today how much they had done to help put the cases of all missing people in the spotlight. Adding how it seems unfair and insensitive that people are always scrutinising Madeleine’s case.
(Perhaps because the McCanns won't let the subject go)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 4 Apr - 17:55

The perpetrators of this abduction hoax, the McCanns themselves, are among the armchair cops. They didn't actually search for Madeleine the night she went "missing" but were quick to criticize investigators on the way they handled the "abduction".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 4 Apr - 21:02

Kandohla had cheek to say Kerry Needham slammed the McCanns Kerry didn't do that at all, she mentioned how Ben's case has not had the same support, help and funding. How low can Kandohla stoop talking about Kerry like that.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 5 Apr - 8:47

cherry1 wrote:Kandohla had cheek to say Kerry Needham slammed the McCanns  Kerry didn't do that at all, she mentioned how Ben's case has not had the same support, help and funding. How low can Kandohla stoop talking about Kerry like that.

She stoops to any length the defend the Mccanns, she is lover than a snakes belly.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 5 Apr - 13:06

malena stool wrote:What I find an obcenity is the McCann name being used to hit back at, "armchair cops". These are the two parents, (one who refused to help the police) and the other who famously and disdainfully said that the evidence of blood and cadarverine identified by the dogs was worthless and incorrect. Is he a renowned expert in the use of dogs in police work or just another "Armchair Cop"?

And former detective Colin Sutton is not nor ever was an "Armchair Cop" he was asked to run the very case he's being mocked for refusing to do so!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sorely tired of hearing of a "Close Pal" of the McCanns.. I dare bet that they don't have a friend on this planet.

Apparently former GP Kate, 50, and heart doctor Gerry, 49, of Rothley, Leics, were verbally attacked by the parents of two missing kids. Wow, Ben Needham's mum had the temerity to say she had not received the same “magnitude” of support as Maddie’s parents, by saying “It hurts. It hurts us and it hurts me as Ben’s mum. Adding “I’m not taking anything away from it at all – she deserves to be found but so does Ben and we haven’t had a fraction of that help. “I’ve had to fight alone as a single mum and tried to get the help that Ben deserves and that we deserve as a family. It did happen in the end but not to the magnitude that that case has had.”

A dad, Paul Whinham  whose son has been missing for over two years has written to the Prime Minister to complain after the Home Office has said it was giving Operation Grange £150.000 to keep going for another six months.

The McCann’s pal whowill remain completely nameless pointed out today how much they had done to help put the cases of all missing people in the spotlight. Adding how it seems unfair and insensitive that people are always scrutinising Madeleine’s case.
(Perhaps because the McCanns won't let the subject go)

Totally agree with all you say. What I want to know is this "pal" states they have done so much to help put the cases of all missing people in the spotlight. How exactly. All they have done is keep their nasty little secret in the spotlight. They don't give a toss about other genuinely missing people.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 15 Apr - 18:36

More from Tracey Kandohla in The Sun (April 15) regarding the extra funding. The McCanns are kept informed of any slightest development but police decline to say if arrests are imminent. (pretty much the same old, old)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 15 Apr - 19:37

interested wrote:More from Tracey Kandohla in The Sun (April 15) regarding the extra funding.  The McCanns are kept informed of any slightest development but police decline to say if arrests are imminent.  (pretty much the same old, old)

Honestly, interested I believe we all would imagine the last thing the Police are ever likely to say in this case is that an arrest is imminent.

Last edited by malena stool on Sun 15 Apr - 19:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 16 Apr - 1:03

MORE ARTICLES IN ZE SUN TODAY ABOUT CASE
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down