Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann couple returns to Portugal

+26
Justiceforallkids
sybilsleaves
tanszi
Freja53
malena stool
jimuck
AnnaEsse
the one and only big_l
laurie
Judge Dread
Lilemor
jypsybear
Woof!Woof!
Alfiefinn
lea
renoir
Keela
Christine
fred
vivvy
jassi
welshy
Annabel
fedrules
jinvta
Lizzy11268
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

McCann couple returns to Portugal Empty McCann couple returns to Portugal

Post  Annabel Tue 9 Feb - 6:26

McCann couple returns to Portugal
9 February 2010 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment
McCanns to be present at the final allegations on Gonçalo Amaral's book trial

The session on Wednesday of the trial over the prohibition of Gonçalo Amaral's book 'Maddie, the Truth of the Lie' will consist on the final allegations, with the presence of Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of the missing child in the Algarve, in 2007.

In the last hearing at the 7th Civil Court of Lisbon, in Palace of Justice will also be inquired two witnesses, requested by the defense of Guerra e Paz [War & Peace], the publishers of the book by the former Judiciary Police (PJ) Inspector Gonçalo Amaral which was taken temporarily from the market in September 9, 2009.

The McCann couple, who, according to a source close to the family, will travel to Lisbon at the end of Tuesdays afternoon and will return to London on Wednesday during the afternoon, fundamented the provisional measure [the injunction] for considering unsustainable Gonçalo Amaral's thesis reproduced in the book in which both are involved in the daughter's disappearance, simulated an abduction and concealed the cadaver.

The defense witnesses heard in court argumented that Gonçalo Amaral's thesis results from the investigation, and Kate and Gerry McCann, who were present at the hearings held from the 12 to the 14 of January, denied the existence of evidences of their daughters death in a statement given to journalists.

The parents of Madeleine McCann stressed that it wasn't them who were on trial, and also stated that they did not use the courts to silence Gonçalo Amaral.

Besides the former PJ officer and Guerra & Paz, there also a target in this process TVI, which broadcast the documentary based on the book, and the production company Valentim de Carvalho, who commercialized the video.

After the decision over the injunction, a ruling that might even be decided on Wednesday, the Judge Gabriela Cunha Rodrigues will schedule the main action sessions, in which the McCann family claims for the protection of rights, freedoms and guarantees.

In running procedures is another civil action against Gonçalo Amaral, with the accusation of declarations considered defamatory, in which the British couple ask for a compensation of, at least, 1,2 million euros.

This process, without a set date for trial, has also attached an injunction, being the court developing measures for the seizure Gonçalo Amaral's assets.

Kate and Gerry McCann also lodged a criminal complaint against the former PJ Inspector for alleged violation of the secrecy of justice in the reproduction of facts pertaining to the investigation in the book before the archival dispatch made by the prosecutor of Portimão, Magalhães Menezes.

The English child Madeleine McCann disappeared on May 3, 2007 from the bedroom of an apartment in a tourist resort in Praia da Luz, Algarve, when she was on holidays with the parents and two siblings.

In the status of coordinator of the PJ Criminal Investigation Department of Portimão, Gonçalo Amaral joined the team of investigators who tried to find out what happened to Madeleine.

Kate and Gerry McCann, who always maintained the position that Maddie was abducted, were made arguidos in September 2007, but were eventually acquitted in 2008 for lack of evidence. The case was archived, but may be reopened if there is consistent data.

SOL with Lusa
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
McCann couple returns to Portugal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann couple returns to Portugal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

McCann couple returns to Portugal Empty Re: McCann couple returns to Portugal

Post  Lizzy11268 Tue 9 Feb - 7:36

I like the way it says they were acquitted through lack of evidence, not that they were simply acquitted.
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :
McCann couple returns to Portugal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann couple returns to Portugal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 9 Feb - 7:39

McCann couple returns to Portugal 306321 Thanks Annabel,

So they are going to show their lying faces.

After the decision over the injunction, a ruling that might even be decided on Wednesday, the Judge Gabriela Cunha Rodrigues will schedule the main action sessions, in which the McCann family claims for the protection of rights, freedoms and guarantees.

So after the ruling they go to trial?
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Tue 9 Feb - 7:43

Will they even go to trial if they lose at this stage?
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 9 Feb - 8:07

There was no trial, therefore they were not acquitted! Who writes this crap? I too am amazed that they are showing up in court once again. I guess they are in need of a holiday, and in the world of reponsible parenting according the the McCanns, I am sure that the twins are old enough to take car of themselves now.

I suppose that when the McCanns lose they will not press on with the libel trial, though they may go ahead with the other complaint that Amaral broke the secrecy of justice.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 9 Feb - 8:43

As far as I understand, the McCanns have no choice and are legally obliged to attend the court.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 9 Feb - 9:15

But we will get absolutely NO news from inside the court?
No life stream and no verdict.

McCann couple returns to Portugal 868596 McCann couple returns to Portugal 868596 McCann couple returns to Portugal 868596
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Tue 9 Feb - 9:26

Joana Morais said...

There's two separate and distinct process, one is the injunction made to the book and the documentary - that's the hearing that happened in January and that might end up on the 10th depending if the judge delivers her decision regarding that matter. The other one is the main action where the McCanns are asking for 1.2 million euros in damages for numerous reasons akin to what was used to request the book and documentary injunction [read ban and censorship], which has attached to it another injunction, preventive measure to seize Amaral's assets [read financial asphyxiation]. A measure that was not fully fulfilled yet.

There is also a new civil complain lodged by the McCanns who allege that Amaral violated the secrecy of justice for publishing is book before the archival dispatch was made, which in fact didn't happen, the book was published a few days after the archival and subsequent removal of the judicial secrecy on the investigation process by the Public Ministry - so the most they can apply here is for failed intent to publish the book.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 9 Feb - 9:33

fedrules wrote:As far as I understand, the McCanns have no choice and are legally obliged to attend the court.

Fedrules, I really hope so.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 9 Feb - 9:44

Annabel wrote:Joana Morais said...

There's two separate and distinct process, one is the injunction made to the book and the documentary - that's the hearing that happened in January and that might end up on the 10th depending if the judge delivers her decision regarding that matter. The other one is the main action where the McCanns are asking for 1.2 million euros in damages for numerous reasons akin to what was used to request the book and documentary injunction [read ban and censorship], which has attached to it another injunction, preventive measure to seize Amaral's assets [read financial asphyxiation]. A measure that was not fully fulfilled yet.

There is also a new civil complain lodged by the McCanns who allege that Amaral violated the secrecy of justice for publishing is book before the archival dispatch was made, which in fact didn't happen, the book was published a few days after the archival and subsequent removal of the judicial secrecy on the investigation process by the Public Ministry - so the most they can apply here is for failed intent to publish the book.

Thanks Annabel, all clearer to me now. McCann couple returns to Portugal 294124
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 9 Feb - 9:50

Lilemor wrote:But we will get absolutely NO news from inside the court?
No life stream and no verdict.

McCann couple returns to Portugal 868596 McCann couple returns to Portugal 868596 McCann couple returns to Portugal 868596

Not sure about that. Sky did state, a week or so ago, that their man would be there twittering again. Last time, I believe there was also another twitterer present
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  renoir Tue 9 Feb - 11:00

Am keeping an eye on Sky to see if there's any news about that!
renoir
renoir
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 211
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 9 Feb - 11:10

I've got to be at work. So, I'm setting up my phone for Jondi Paolo's tweets.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 9 Feb - 11:19

renoir wrote:Am keeping an eye on Sky to see if there's any news about that!

Herzlichen Dank, Renoir McCann couple returns to Portugal Icon_flower !
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 9 Feb - 11:21

I'll be here! With my sandwiches and large pack of biscuits (only a precaution against a drop in blood sugar levels McCann couple returns to Portugal 25346 ). I'm not even going to answer the phone.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Tue 9 Feb - 11:24

Alfiefinn wrote:I'll be here! With my sandwiches and large pack of biscuits (only a precaution against a drop in blood sugar levels McCann couple returns to Portugal 25346 ). I'm not even going to answer the phone.

dont forget your flask,lol
and your bucket McCann couple returns to Portugal 613255
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 640
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 9 Feb - 11:29

lea, I will have it all ready tomorrow, never fear! McCann couple returns to Portugal 294124 McCann couple returns to Portugal 306321
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Tue 9 Feb - 11:30

wonder if gerry will do a runner again?
i hope he gets wound up and cant find a way to crawl out of it,
can you imagine gerry speechless?
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 9 Feb - 11:32

Gerry has probably been to media training bootcamp since his little exposion in January McCann couple returns to Portugal 25346 Sadly, because it was all rather entertaining last time.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 9 Feb - 11:32

lea wrote:wonder if gerry will do a runner again?

I can actually, speechless with rage and spitting feathers!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Tue 9 Feb - 11:35

AnnaEsse wrote:

Anna, it was actually a bit of an Alan Partridge moment in a way to me - him exploding verbally (and almost physically) and some people standing outside the court biting their lips and trying not to laugh at him, like the reception staff in the Travel Tavern.

Last edited by Alfiefinn on Tue 9 Feb - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lea Tue 9 Feb - 11:36

AnnaEsse wrote:

McCann couple returns to Portugal 306321 annaesse,
gives us a laugh though,lol
lea
lea
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 9 Feb - 11:48

isnt it strange that when gerry and kate fled PDL they swore they would never go back there and refused to go back fora reconstruction but when they have the possibility to get money they have no hesitation to go back?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Tue 9 Feb - 11:53

Spot on Alfiefinn McCann couple returns to Portugal 23324 McCann couple returns to Portugal 294124 McCann couple returns to Portugal 613255 ... and I bet he took his big plate to the tapas bar lol
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  vivvy Tue 9 Feb - 11:55

carlymichelle wrote:isnt it strange that when gerry and kate fled PDL they swore they would never go back there and refused to go back fora reconstruction but when they have the possibility to get money they have no hesitation to go back?

Yes and they use the portugese justice system to get the money when they refused to help at all when that same country were trying to find out what had happened to their daughter.
vivvy
vivvy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next