Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The War in Afghanistan

+3
Lioned
RIORITA
wjk
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The War in Afghanistan - Page 2 Empty Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Guest Thu 15 Jul - 17:24

Out of my daughter's entire class, she is the only one who still lives with both her mum and her dad. Every other child has at least one absent parent. I actually find that quite horrific.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 15 Jul - 17:33

The Famous Grouse wrote:Out of my daughter's entire class, she is the only one who still lives with both her mum and her dad. Every other child has at least one absent parent. I actually find that quite horrific.

That is quite horrific. I've had classes where many of the kids have half-siblings and step-siblings and have been through their mother marrying more than twice!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The War in Afghanistan - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The War in Afghanistan - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 15 Jul - 17:47

I posted recently that a 45 yr old Headmaster is quitting Education because he says Teachers are more like Social Workers in School. Having to watch out for bruises , too much yawning, under nourishment from Pupils,
Parents who have little interest in their child"s progress in school, the list goes on.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The War in Afghanistan - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The War in Afghanistan - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 15 Jul - 23:36

Let us not get carried away with the threat of terror in this country.Thats what our government wants,or to be fair to the tories,thats what the cronies of new labour fostered into our thoughts for the last 13 years.
Yes it is a threat,but it should be easily manageable with our superior technology and expertise.

Let us not forget what the IRA succeded in doing during all those years of trouble.They were much more of a threat than these bogey men who hide in their caves in the pits of the earth.

As has been said previously we have superior aircraft that can go in and burn the poppy fields down without any loss of life.
We do not have to have foot soldiers on the ground risking their lives.

We have satellite technology and can see the movement of any military threat and eradicate it with superior armery.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Jul - 2:40

Lioned

We have had the "troubles" in Ireland for how many Years?? Even now. there are factions causing havoc and
I don"t think the problem will ever be resolved. Someone wrote about Afghanistan that it was the most
impenetrable of Countries , the British and Russians got their noses bloodied there, yet the U.S. and Britain send thousands of Soldiers in on the pretext of weeding out the Terrorists without any plan or thought for their
safety. Now it appears the Terrorists are also in Pakistan, what happened to our Intelligence Services,? why aren"t they on the ground gathering information.? It"s a no win situation like Iraq proved and the sooner we get out the better. Your"e right, Britain is a small Country to guard against terrorism and all that America and
British troops are doing there is getting themselves killed and maimed for no reason. Iran promises to be the next Country to face invasion on the pretext of their Nuclear capabilities becoming a threat to the World. What
about all the other Countries who have Nuclear Weapons ? Let"s not forget North Korea, they too have become a
threat.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 16 Jul - 7:28

Panda wrote:
Lioned

We have had the "troubles" in Ireland for how many Years?? Even now. there are factions causing havoc and
I don"t think the problem will ever be resolved. Someone wrote about Afghanistan that it was the most
impenetrable of Countries , the British and Russians got their noses bloodied there, yet the U.S. and Britain send thousands of Soldiers in on the pretext of weeding out the Terrorists without any plan or thought for their
safety. Now it appears the Terrorists are also in Pakistan, what happened to our Intelligence Services,? why aren"t they on the ground gathering information.? It"s a no win situation like Iraq proved and the sooner we get out the better. Your"e right, Britain is a small Country to guard against terrorism and all that America and
British troops are doing there is getting themselves killed and maimed for no reason. Iran promises to be the next Country to face invasion on the pretext of their Nuclear capabilities becoming a threat to the World. What
about all the other Countries who have Nuclear Weapons ? Let"s not forget North Korea, they too have become a
threat

Yes but there is no oil or anyother resources in North korea, so what would be the point in invading a country that has nothing to offer other than starving and supressed people.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Jul - 10:59

Yes Fred, your"e right but the U.S. do seem to be worried......maybe there is a hidden agenda. What gets me is,
the Americans talk about the threat of all these Countries having Nuclear capapilities, yet who was it who dropped Atomic Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 16 Jul - 12:11

Panda wrote:Yes Fred, your"e right but the U.S. do seem to be worried......maybe there is a hidden agenda. What gets me is,
the Americans talk about the threat of all these Countries having Nuclear capapilities, yet who was it who dropped Atomic Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ?

Exactly!! There have only been two nuclear bombs detonated, both by the Yanks!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Jul - 17:28

An American Senator said recently that it was time for America after being the Leader of the World Economy
to take a back seat and let another Country take over. My guess is it will be China because America is virtually
bankrupt. Has anyone seen Zeitgiest about the way America created it"s monetary policy......it really is
fascinating.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

The War in Afghanistan - Page 2 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sat 17 Jul - 13:40

Lioned wrote:Let us not get carried away with the threat of terror in this country.Thats what our government wants,or to be fair to the tories,thats what the cronies of new labour fostered into our thoughts for the last 13 years.
Yes it is a threat,but it should be easily manageable with our superior technology and expertise.

Let us not forget what the IRA succeded in doing during all those years of trouble.They were much more of a threat than these bogey men who hide in their caves in the pits of the earth.

As has been said previously we have superior aircraft that can go in and burn the poppy fields down without any loss of life.

We have satellite technology and can see the movement of any military threat and eradicate it with superior armery.

Could'nt agree more Lioned all this talk of terrorists is a ploy to rule by fear ,thats why i will never except that keeping troops in places like Afghanistan keeps terrorists of the streets in the UK:You're right we don't need troops on the ground ,so why are they there.?
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 17 Jul - 13:50

halfamo wrote:
Lioned wrote:Let us not get carried away with the threat of terror in this country.Thats what our government wants,or to be fair to the tories,thats what the cronies of new labour fostered into our thoughts for the last 13 years.

Could'nt agree more Lioned all this talk of terrorists is a ploy to rule by fear ,thats why i will never except that keeping troops in places like Afghanistan keeps terrorists of the streets in the UK:You're right we don't need troops on the ground ,so why are they there.?

I agree halfamo. This week I have been reading an article in the FT that quotes a top Clinton Aide who has said that the only thing that can now save Obama's presidency is a terrorist attack. Obama's popularity rating is at an all-time low and just as 9/11 saved GW when his popularity bottomed out, a new '9/11,' or Oklahoma City bombing just might happen to save Obama, by giving him the opportunity to show that he can be a decisive leader.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 17 Jul - 13:53

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
Lioned

threat

Yes but there is no oil or anyother resources in North korea, so what would be the point in invading a country that has nothing to offer other than starving and supressed people.

Because they lost the Korean war fred like they lost the Vietnam war , its called saving face.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 17 Jul - 14:09

AnnaEsse wrote:
halfamo wrote:

I agree halfamo. This week I have been reading an article in the FT that quotes a top Clinton Aide who has said that the only thing that can now save Obama's presidency is a terrorist attack. Obama's popularity rating is at an all-time low and just as 9/11 saved GW when his popularity bottomed out, a new '9/11,' or Oklahoma City bombing just might happen to save Obama, by giving him the opportunity to show that he can be a decisive leader.

Hi AnneEsse , the problem with America is the arms industry ,they don't much care for peace loving presidents too much money to be made with the selling of arms.Jack Kennedy imo was a victim of this.I've noticed a change in Obama and i think he's being influenced by the hawks because America needs to sell arms.)9/11 was a blessing for Bush thats why although i'm not a conspiracy theorist i've always had my doubts about the timing .A good war as a result of a terrorist attack is big bucks for the yanks and a big boost for the president.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 17 Jul - 14:55

America has always been very gung ho and the fact that they have this gun culture where everyone is allowed
to buy guns makes them believe all the problems of the World can be resolved through Force not Diplomacy.

However, times they are a"changing, America is broke there are several emerging Nations which will be the
dominant World leaders very soon and the U.S. will be like Britain, Spain, Italy, Russia, Portugal, Greece,
past Empires no longer dominant.

Iv"e mentioned this before, you must watch Zeitgist, you"ll find it through Google. It"s 2 hours long but tells you how America started the present Banking system, 200 years ago,. The first couple of minutes is black but
then the picture comes through. If you have trouble, pm me.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 17 Jul - 16:11

Thanks Panda i have a look at that.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2