Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 22 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 31 Dec - 14:01

This may have been said already as this thread moves so fast, but I can't help wondering how the papers have managed to dig so much up and print it about the landlord yet to this day we haven't had anything other than "hot lips Healey" in relation to the dastardly duo. It's weird to say the least.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 14:02

Marky wrote:

they forgot about the two cars. i mean, what does someone who has no interest in cars doing with two cars. definite wacko.

jo yeates - Page 22 25346

Quite, I hate cars and all they stand for, and I hate them even more when I have to go out in the cold to repair one of mine! jo yeates - Page 22 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 14:04

dazedandconfused wrote:This may have been said already as this thread moves so fast, but I can't help wondering how the papers have managed to dig so much up and print it about the landlord yet to this day we haven't had anything other than "hot lips Healey" in relation to the dastardly duo. It's weird to say the least.

Good point - Jefferies hasn't hired a PR/spinner though, has he?? If Clarry was acting for him, much of this would have been suppressed imho
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 14:05

Marky wrote:you know i suppose it's possible that this guy may just have unwittingly brought this about on himself. jo yeates - Page 22 303636

Just like Murat, and we all know how that turned out. And it's interesting how they have both had the same treatment from our wonderful press. jo yeates - Page 22 477442
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 31 Dec - 14:06

carmen wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:This may have been said already as this thread moves so fast, but I can't help wondering how the papers have managed to dig so much up and print it about the landlord yet to this day we haven't had anything other than "hot lips Healey" in relation to the dastardly duo. It's weird to say the least.

Good point - Jefferies hasn't hired a PR/spinner though, has he?? If Clarry was acting for him, much of this would have been suppressed imho

Oh yes, never thought about that. He needs to get himself a Clarry pronto.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
jo yeates - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Fri 31 Dec - 14:07

The Famous Grouse wrote:What was the one where Del said, "my teeth are not manky!" He shot that scene at least six times. You could see the rest of the cast getting really pi55ed off! jo yeates - Page 22 23324

TFG I know a guy from the local Radio Station who interviewed David Jason, he said he was the worst person he had ever interviewed, very arrogant, rude to everyone and extremely awkward, def not the same person he portaits on TV.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 14:08

dazedandconfused wrote:
carmen wrote:

Oh yes, never thought about that. He needs to get himself a Clarry pronto.

It reminds me of that TV advert. Every Home Needs A Harvey. jo yeates - Page 22 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 31 Dec - 14:24

AnnaEsse wrote:
FSoares wrote:I agree with all your post except for the last part, AnnaEsse. A landlord doesn't need to have keys for the flats he rents. More, a landlord/landlady do not have to snoop inside a flat to check if alterations are being done without his consent If alterations are done he can charge, period. No landlord needs to keep a copy of the keys in case the tenants lose it. That would be a joke. If someone loses a key and can't enter home, there's always those stores where keys are made that can open a door. You just need to pay them a fee. More, asking authorization to change a lock or to put a chain, is another joke. You can change the lock as you please and keep the old one. When you leave the house, you put again the old lock. Simple as that. I've already said and keep saying: I'd never, never rent a house, without changing locks. Thankfully the law in the country I live, is different in that matter, providing more privacy to those who need to rent a house. I don't live in a rented house, but I'm relieved there's a different perspective here. I can rent a house and if I want, I can even put a safety lock without talking to landlord. Bless! As for the rest, I agree entirely.

Actually, it's not a joke in the UK. Landlords do keep copies of the keys and I'm speaking from the point of

view of having been a Housing Officer for a couple of Local Authority Housing Departments, where I had to
know about tenancy agreements and the rights of landlords and tenants.
jo yeates - Page 22 291673

I Have a set off keys to my sons flat who rents it out.........I don't go over their tho and I wouldn't unless ttheir is a problem which their hasn't been in over 3 years.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 31 Dec - 14:31

We have a house and two flats which we rent out. Letting agent has keys to the house and one flat and the other is attached to our house so I have a key for dire emergencies, which fortunately there hasn't been yet, and I would always contact the tenant before crossing the threshold. I do consider that as long as he's paying rent, it's his, not ours and wouldn't dream of going in there without prior permission. In our case if the tenant wished to make any alterations (including changing the locks) they would have to seek permission, in writing, prior to doing so as part of the tenancy agreement.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 31 Dec - 14:52

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Coverage of Yeates murder 'concerns' attorney general

The attorney general is considering issuing a notice to remind the media that coverage of the arrest in the Jo Yeates murder inquiry must be fair.

Miss Yeates' landlord Chris Jefferies was arrested on Thursday, five days after her body was found in snow three miles from their Bristol flats.

The Contempt of Court Act restricts publication of information that could seriously prejudice a future trial.

Attorney General Dominic Grieve said if necessary he would take action.

In an interview for BBC Radio 4's World At One on Friday, Mr Grieve said: "We are considering what I've seen in newspapers today, and we will try to take such action as is right to ensure that the course of justice is not in any way impeded."

Former public school teacher Mr Jefferies, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder in the flat above the one Miss Yeates had rented in Canynge Road, Bristol.

On Friday morning, police were granted a further 12 hours to question him.

Miss Yeates, 25, was found dead on Christmas Day, eight days after she was last seen on CCTV visiting an off-licence and two local supermarkets.

Post-mortem tests revealed she had been strangled.

Mr Grieve - the government's most senior legal officer - said it was not only newspapers which had to be careful about the sort of material published.

"Newspapers are under a legal obligation, indeed all media is under a legal obligation, in fact everybody who puts something on the internet is under a legal obligation, to observe the principles of the Contempt of Court Act," he said.

"If they don't, they lay themselves open to proceedings for contempt."

He said the contempt laws protected an individual going through the investigative and legal process to ensure a fair trial could take place.

Mr Grieve said that all national newspapers had legal teams advising them and were "pretty familiar" with contempt laws.

"I would simply ask them to reflect carefully on how they can provide proper coverage on a matter of public importance whilst at the same time, mindful of how our legal system works, they can also ensure that a trial process, if one were ever to happen, will not be prejudiced by material being published which may be irrelevant to any case that comes before the court."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12100015

I would also suggest that we are careful about what we write here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 31 Dec - 16:10

The Famous Grouse wrote:Apologies if this has been posted before.

Coverage of Yeates murder 'concerns' attorney general

The attorney general is considering issuing a notice to remind the media that coverage of the arrest in the Jo Yeates murder inquiry must be fair.

Miss Yeates' landlord Chris Jefferies was arrested on Thursday, five days after her body was found in snow three miles from their Bristol flats.

The Contempt of Court Act restricts publication of information that could seriously prejudice a future trial.

Attorney General Dominic Grieve said if necessary he would take action.

In an interview for BBC Radio 4's World At One on Friday, Mr Grieve said: "We are considering what I've seen in newspapers today, and we will try to take such action as is right to ensure that the course of justice is not in any way impeded."

Former public school teacher Mr Jefferies, 65, was arrested on suspicion of murder in the flat above the one Miss Yeates had rented in Canynge Road, Bristol.

On Friday morning, police were granted a further 12 hours to question him.

Miss Yeates, 25, was found dead on Christmas Day, eight days after she was last seen on CCTV visiting an off-licence and two local supermarkets.

Post-mortem tests revealed she had been strangled.

Mr Grieve - the government's most senior legal officer - said it was not only newspapers which had to be careful about the sort of material published.

"Newspapers are under a legal obligation, indeed all media is under a legal obligation, in fact everybody who puts something on the internet is under a legal obligation, to observe the principles of the Contempt of Court Act," he said.

"If they don't, they lay themselves open to proceedings for contempt."

He said the contempt laws protected an individual going through the investigative and legal process to ensure a fair trial could take place.

Mr Grieve said that all national newspapers had legal teams advising them and were "pretty familiar" with contempt laws.

"I would simply ask them to reflect carefully on how they can provide proper coverage on a matter of public importance whilst at the same time, mindful of how our legal system works, they can also ensure that a trial process, if one were ever to happen, will not be prejudiced by material being published which may be irrelevant to any case that comes before the court."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12100015

I would also suggest that we are careful about what we write here.

Agree, see my post early this morning. I'm pleased to see that posters are showing great restraint today jo yeates - Page 22 307691
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Fri 31 Dec - 16:29

'
We've only heard all these stories about Jefferies since his arrest. If the McCanns had ever been arrested I doubt the media would've held back with the material they might have..

As for Jefferies, if he is guilty of this murder ( and others?) then it may well be his veneer of respectability which has protected him for so long. Would the police have been more mistrusting in their early questioning of him if he hadn't been a former teacher at public school and general pillsr of the community?

If his DNA can be found on Jo's body and at the site this poor girl was discarded then surely he'll be charged.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 31 Dec - 16:43

fedrules wrote:
'
We've only heard all these stories about Jefferies since his arrest. If the McCanns had ever been arrested I doubt the media would've held back with the material they might have..

As for Jefferies, if he is guilty of this murder ( and others?) then it may well be his veneer of respectability which has protected him for so long. Would the police have been more mistrusting in their early questioning of him if he hadn't been a former teacher at public school and general pillsr of the community?

If his DNA can be found on Jo's body and at the site this poor girl was discarded then surely he'll be charged.

Whoever may be responsible, I just hope that they are charged as soon as possible.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know what the Police could possibly be doing with lasers? A reporter this morning read out a sign outside the house saying that lasers were in operation. I can't imagine what that could be for so perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 31 Dec - 17:06

dazedandconfused wrote:
fedrules wrote:
'

Whoever may be responsible, I just hope that they are charged as soon as possible.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know what the Police could possibly be doing with lasers? A reporter this morning read out a sign outside the house saying that lasers were in operation. I can't imagine what that could be for so perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me.

Maybe something along these lines:
http://www.coherent.com/applications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Forms.page&PageID=74
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 31 Dec - 17:48

Just saw on the news that a neighbour has become a new key witness. He is being treated as a witness. I think he was the one who helped fix the car. So probably not that much in it. (Sorry not trying to be a detective or anything.)
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 31 Dec - 18:05

MaryB wrote:Just saw on the news that a neighbour has become a new key witness. He is being treated as a witness. I think he was the one who helped fix the car. So probably not that much in it. (Sorry not trying to be a detective or anything.)
Yes, just seen the end of the report. Did Brunty say the police took this guys car away too?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Fri 31 Dec - 18:15

< snipped >

Now neighbour of Joanna's landlord hands his car to police after being quizzed for hours in his flat

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 6:01 PM on 31st December 2010

A neighbour of Joanna Yeates today handed his car to police after he was quizzed for hours by detectives in his flat.

Peter Stanley helped landlord Chris Jefferies - who is still in custody - to jump start Miss Yeates' boyfriend's car on the night she vanished.

The two neighbours had to jump start the vehicle as Gary Reardon readied himself to travel to Sheffield for the weekend.

Mr Stanley, 56, said: 'It was a non-event at the time, but absolutely poignant now - what if we didn't get the car to start?'

He added that he did not think former teacher Jefferies had spoken to Mr Reardon about his weekend plans, saying: 'I wouldn't say there was anything tense between them.'
Peter Stanley leaving his home
Peter Stanley

Helping police: Peter Stanley (left) preparing to set off in his BMW saloon after speaking to a detective for hours
Murder probe: The BMW belonging to Mr Stanley parked outside the block of flats in Bristol

Murder probe: The BMW belonging to Mr Stanley parked outside the block of flats in Bristol

Mr Stanley spoke to a plain clothes detective inside his flat during the day and showed him a 4x4 truck parked in the driveway as well as his own BMW saloon.

He took items out of the footwell and lifted a tarpaulin in the back of the army-style truck as he showed it to the officer, who also looked over the BMW.

The officer emerged from the flat at around 3pm with large brown evidence bags and a laptop.

Mr Stanley then drove the BMW away himself shortly before 4pm, apparently to the police station. He was dropped back in a marked police car shortly afterwards.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: 'He is helping us with our inquiries. I have been told there's been no forensic analysis in that property and we have just spoken to him.'
Arrested: Christopher Jefferies is being held on suspicion of murder

Arrested: Christopher Jefferies is being held on suspicion of murder

Police were earlier granted another 12 hours to quiz Jefferies on suspicion of murder.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343109/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Neighbour-hands-car-police-spending-hours-talking-detective.html#ixzz19iM64NyQ
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  blackrose Fri 31 Dec - 18:19

MaryB wrote:I don't want to stir things. But I was just thinking what would the police in this country make of it if all the friends in the flats decided they wouldn't do a reconstruction, kept changing their stories and one witness wouldn't answer any questions at all.

Indeed, excellent point!!
blackrose
blackrose
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 206
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 31 Dec - 18:29

Thanks mumbles, for the DM report jo yeates - Page 22 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Fri 31 Dec - 18:49

Just been catching up with this thread and one thing struck me. The media have dug up so much dirt on Jefferies already but we never heard any background from friends, neighbours and colleagues of the McCanns or the other Tapas. Why not? Right from the start there was nothing.

I hope this case is solved quickly for the family's sake.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Arguida Fri 31 Dec - 18:53

In Canada people who are brought in for questioning like that are not named in the media. There is a ban on publication until they are charged. It may be a bit anti freedom of speech but it prevents innocent people from being destroyed by the media. There are a lot of publication bans on details of the crime to protect the victims and their families. Crime is not so much a spectator sport. If you want to know all the details of what happened you pretty much have to attend the trial yourself.
Arguida
Arguida
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 31 Dec - 19:31

Chris wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
fedrules wrote:
'

Maybe something along these lines:
http://www.coherent.com/applications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Forms.page&PageID=74

Thank you.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 31 Dec - 20:35

quickfingers wrote:Just been catching up with this thread and one thing struck me. The media have dug up so much dirt on Jefferies already but we never heard any background from friends, neighbours and colleagues of the McCanns or the other Tapas. Why not? Right from the start there was nothing.

I hope this case is solved quickly for the family's sake.

I bet there's plenty just gathering dust just waiting for the 'off' jo yeates - Page 22 192282
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Fri 31 Dec - 21:25

I was surprised today by how much personal opinion is being printed in the media about Christopher Jefferies. In particular, the mention in the Mirror that he was 'friends' with a convicted peadophile. This case has nothing to do with peadophilia, and surely this type of observation is prejudicial with regards to any court case. As far as any speculation on here is concerned, as someone else pointed out yesterday, once the public have the facts the speculation will be linked more to reality. Those who know Jefferies seem to be divided as to whether he's weird, or perfectly pleasant. If everybody who'd been acquainted with (or lived with) a murderer was able to say, "I always knew he/she was a wrong'un", it would be very easy for the police to solve crimes. Even Vlad the Impaler probably had some friends jo yeates - Page 22 83453 .

Although Robert Murat has been put through the mill by the press, the difference is that Jefferies has actually been arrested, if not accused, and Murat was more or less accused by the press without ever being arrested.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 7:19

more time needed to question jefferies. jo yeates - Page 22 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next