Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 25 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 22:39

Roasted Arizona Today at 10:32 pm

-I suspect the other guy who lives nearby will be panicking now ..

Which other guy ? The other man who helped get Greg's car started ? Why should he panic?

Last edited by Blueeyes on Sat 1 Jan - 22:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Extra text)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sat 1 Jan - 22:47

I'm not convinced that he's been ruled out. It could simply mean that they were unable to get another extension with the evidence they currently have. I suppose it's also possible that this man, however odd, has nothing to do with Jo's murder..time will tell. Surely though the police must have more on him than the fact that he told the neighbours he saw Jo leaving with somebody ? I can't believe they would've arrested him and questioned him for so long if they didn't have grave suspicions about him..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 25 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 25 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 22:47

Oh dear! The UK media's propensity for fingering people who they find a bit strange seems to be producing another Murat moment.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 25 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 25 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 1 Jan - 22:50

Roasted Arizona wrote:I suspect the other guy who lives nearby will be panicking now .

Indeed and if Mr CJ is innocent, then the scary thing for Women in the Bristol Area is the real Perpetrator is still on the loose.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 22:56

fedrules wrote:I'm not convinced that he's been ruled out. It could simply mean that they were unable to get another extension with the evidence they currently have. I suppose it's also possible that this man, however odd, has nothing to do with Jo's murder..time will tell. Surely though the police must have more on him than the fact that he told the neighbours he saw Jo leaving with somebody ? I can't believe they would've arrested him and questioned him for so long if they didn't have grave suspicions about him..

But could it be he has been refusing to answer questions for the last 3 days, and no real interrogation has taken place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sat 1 Jan - 23:00

We just can't know exactly why Jefferies was arrested or why he's been released. All I hope is that whoever did this to poor Jo and her family is brought to justice as soon as possible.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 23:05

fedrules wrote:We just can't know exactly why Jefferies was arrested or why he's been released. All I hope is that whoever did this to poor Jo and her family is brought to justice as soon as possible.

He was arrested because the police suspected him of murder. He was released because during the time that he was held and his vehicles and flat were forensically examined, no evidence was found to justify keeping him in custody any longer.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 1 Jan - 23:09

A 65-year-old man arrested over the murder of Joanna Yeates has been released on bail, police said.

Chris Jefferies, Miss Yeates's landlord, was being questioned by officers on suspicion of killing the landscape architect, whose snow-covered body was found on Christmas Day.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: "A 65-year-old man has been released on police bail pending further inquires."

Meanwhile, police said the investigation into the 25-year-old's death was continuing.

Det Ch Insp Phil Jones said: "Firstly I would like to reassure the public that this investigation is very much ongoing. We have a team of over 70 police officers and staff working tirelessly to bring the person responsible for Joanna's death to justice.

"The incident room has been inundated with thousands of calls from members of the public who have provided us with information. This information is being scrutinised and followed up by specially trained officers who are exhausting every lead and avenue that we are provided with.

"I would once again urge anyone who may not have called us to make contact with one of my officers and provide us with any information you may have. You may think your information is insignificant but please let us decide. This will be treated in confidence."

Detectives are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have used Longwood Lane in Failand, Bristol, between December 17, when Miss Yeates went missing, and Christmas Day, when her body was discovered there.

In a direct appeal to members of the public, DCI Jones said: "Did you see anyone or any vehicle acting suspiciously in the area?

"We also know that there were large Christmas functions taking place at Long Ashton golf club, Bristol and Clifton golf club and Redwood Lodge. I would again urge taxi drivers and those who drove to functions to call us. They may have information that could prove vital."

Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 1 Jan - 23:16

.......in other words.......they haven't got a clue!!!!!!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 23:43

kitti wrote:.......in other words.......they haven't got a clue!!!!!!!

It may prove to have been tactically unwise to allow the arrest of Jefferies to be made under the full glare of the media spotlight. Subsequent activities at the neighbouring house have only served to reinforce an impression that the police are latching onto anything that might enable them to stumble across the murderer rather than conduct a structured investigation. This is probably totally unfair but nonetheless the impression has been created. The problem is that it is a high-profile case and very difficult for the police not to let the pressure affect their judgement, especially as has been pointed out, if it wasn't Jefferies or a family member or aquaintance, then there's a random murderer on the loose in that area. Perhaps they need to stand back and reassess everything that they have; indeed they are probably doing so, or have completed the exercise, which is why they have made very specific appeals for information.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sun 2 Jan - 0:21

kitti wrote:Where's he going to go, he can hardly go back to his flat, can he.
Maybe he'll stay with friends. We know he has friends who've spoken up for him, although the press tried their best to paint him as some sort of weird loner on the basis of his being a bachelor and having funny hair (or something). Will they never learn? Even if this man is eventually charged it certainly won't be because he never married or because he used to dye his hair blue or likes poetry. Come to think of it, maybe it's time to ask if we've any unmarried, blue-haired, poetry-lovers here in the forum, because if so they might as well trot off to their local police station right now and admit to any unsolved murders in their area. jo yeates - Page 25 847843
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 2 Jan - 0:40

The arrest of this seemingly benign weirdo may have let the real murderer sneak under the radar (albeit temporarily).Dont know why the police arrest someone without enough evidence to 'nail' it,unless they think they can turn the screws and get a confession.
This guys got little chance of getting on with a normal life now.Still think the murderer isnt far away though.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 2 Jan - 0:41

Dimsie wrote:
kitti wrote:Where's he going to go, he can hardly go back to his flat, can he.
Maybe he'll stay with friends. We know he has friends who've spoken up for him, although the press tried their best to paint him as some sort of weird loner on the basis of his being a bachelor and having funny hair (or something). Will they never learn? Even if this man is eventually charged it certainly won't be because he never married or because he used to dye his hair blue or likes poetry. Come to think of it, maybe it's time to ask if we've any unmarried, blue-haired, poetry-lovers here in the forum, because if so they might as well trot off to their local police station right now and admit to any unsolved murders in their area. jo yeates - Page 25 847843

Unmarried, poetry lover but .... blue hair, comb over? Negative jo yeates - Page 25 613255
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 2 Jan - 6:57

Lioned wrote:The arrest of this seemingly benign weirdo may have let the real murderer sneak under the radar (albeit temporarily).Dont know why the police arrest someone without enough evidence to 'nail' it, unless they think they can turn the screws and get a confession.

This guys got little chance of getting on with a normal life now.Still think the murderer isnt far away though.

assuming they don't come back for him at a later date i think it reasonable to ask questions of the police over the way they have handled this matter.

jo yeates - Page 25 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Sun 2 Jan - 11:42

jo yeates - Page 25 303636 The police had managed to get another extension so could of held him until Monday. Very strange for them to release a main suspect without holding for the full time and hoping that evidence would turn up.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 2 Jan - 12:01

welshy wrote: jo yeates - Page 25 303636 The police had managed to get another extension so could of held him until Monday. Very strange for them to release a main suspect without holding for the full time and hoping that evidence would turn up.

could be that sometime late saturday someone high up the food chain realised they had nothing and ordered his release.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 2 Jan - 12:10

Marky wrote:
welshy wrote: jo yeates - Page 25 303636 The police had managed to get another extension so could of held him until Monday. Very strange for them to release a main suspect without holding for the full time and hoping that evidence would turn up.

could be that sometime late saturday someone high up the food chain realised they had nothing and ordered his release.

Yes, agree. That is what I imagine happened too. They had nothing - the bail bit is a face-saving exercise. jo yeates - Page 25 15327
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Sun 2 Jan - 12:12

T4two wrote:
Marky wrote:

Yes, agree. That is what I imagine happened too. They had nothing - the bail bit is a face-saving exercise. jo yeates - Page 25 15327

It sounds like so.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 2 Jan - 12:49

FSoares wrote:
T4two wrote:
Marky wrote:

It sounds like so.

I'm not so sure about that. I think it's likely the police have got all they are going to get out of Jeffries, and are now attempting to build a solid case against him before making their move.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 2 Jan - 12:57

pennylane wrote:
FSoares wrote:
T4two wrote:
Marky wrote:

It sounds like so.

I'm not so sure about that. I think it's likely the police have got all they are going to get out of Jeffries, and are now attempting to build a solid case against him before making their move.

has to be considered a possibility. jo yeates - Page 25 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 2 Jan - 13:05

Anyone think this topic should not continue...... in view of what the Attorney General has said ? jo yeates - Page 25 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 2 Jan - 13:07

Marky wrote:
pennylane wrote:
FSoares wrote:
T4two wrote:
Marky wrote:

It sounds like so.

has to be considered a possibility. jo yeates - Page 25 25346

This case is difficult because the landlords DNA will be in both apartments and easily explained away. The fact that there was no sexual motive, makes it even harder from a forensics standpoint too. It might be that the police cannot get that one piece of evidence that is strong enough to secure a conviction ...... as we are all well aware, that doesn't mean he is innocent.....

The police cannot win sometimes - there is no subtle way of checking a suspect out really.... other than to haul them in for intense questioning - and check their apartment, belongings, and car, etc.

I also agree that what the media has done to Jeffries is disgusting.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 2 Jan - 13:09

There's a horrible sense of deja vu here - there's evidence, but not enough. At least we are being spared public appearances, a begging website, books and a Fund.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 2 Jan - 13:12

The Famous Grouse wrote:There's a horrible sense of deja vu here - there's evidence, but not enough. At least we are being spared public appearances, a begging website, books and a Fund.

I don't see your deja vu.

What evidence? As far as I can see he was just an interfering neighbour who got too carried away with the excitement of drama literally on his doorstep after all his years in the neighbourhood watch in his quiet area of bristol. Oh and he had some maps of the area in his car (which incidently looked well used so I doubt upon murder he just popped to smiths and then studied where the best place to leave her would be).

As a previous poster on this page said, just because he looks a bit funny doesn't cut it.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun 2 Jan - 13:19

I had a terrible experience with my landlord, (in Holland) I rented a place from a couple, a man and his girlfriend, she was a bit loopy and he stank, the apartment was gorgeous and I really wanted it so I rented it for a full year, luckily the company I was working for at the time paid the rent, However after about a month I returned home from a meeting a little earlier than expected and walked into my flat - and I could smell the landlord, the same sweaty dirty smell I smelt when I signed the contract.

I called him asked him if he had been in my flat - he denied, I told him I would change the locks he said I couldnt, about two weeks later, I was going to see my children on the Algarve (they live close to where Maddie was "abducted") I bought them loads and loads of presents, the day before I left I returned home again and noticed that my camera and my daughters present bags had been tampered, i checked the bags only to find all her jewellery stolen, along with my jewellery. I called the Directors of the company and immediately got them to sort out a lock smith - the fitted a VERY EXPENSIVE double bolted lock, it was weekend so we had to pay weekend fees plus the price of the lock, no worries we paid it.

That same day I called my landlord and told him what I had done........he gave me a months notice and told me to prove they had stolen my stuff. I called the Police of course I had no proof it was loopy or smelly!

GOSH and I still miss that camera, which had incredible sentimental value

Never again, I will be the only one have a key to my place or I will change the locks, which I have just recently done in my lovely new little place.

In Holland it is law that you make an appointment with your tenant if you need access to the property.

On another note I beleive Chris Jeffries innocent and the British Coppers totally incompetent in THIS regard.
Regards from Holland and HAPPY NEW YEAR to EVERYONE!

Justice for Maddie Jo and all unsolved mysteries.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next