Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

+20
Krisy22
mara thon
Angelina
Carolina
kitti
buildersbum
pennylane
Sunflower27
kathybelle
NoStone
tanszi
Annabel
Autumn
Badboy
squeaker
wjk
cass
Bobsy
malena stool
mumbles
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Empty Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda Sat 1 Oct - 9:44

by Henrique Machado

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Ng1327739
Three
elite officers from the British investigative police, Scotland Yard,
arrived discreetly in Lisbon earlier last month. And they followed
immediately to a meeting that was scheduled at the Judiciary Police [PJ]
headquarters - in order to "tune up the cooperation mechanisms" in the
analyses of new leads in the Maddie case, this was confirmed to Correio
da Manhã by Pedro do Carmo [pictured above], the National joint director
of the PJ.

The news was advanced yesterday by SkyNews after this team, from the Scotland Yard, was created in May by the direct order of Prime Minister David Cameron; following an appeal made to him by Kate and Gerry McCann,
parents of the young girl who disappeared in Praia da Luz, Lagos, on
the night of May 3, 2007. The aim of the English investigators, who
returned to London the following day is to comb thoroughly all the
information and leads that were followed in the process - so they can
suggest new steps to be taken to the PJ if appropriate.

The process is formally archived,
"but it is the interest of PJ and of the Scotland Yard that we can, one
day, get to the truth of the facts" of what happened in Praia da Luz,
Pedro do Carmo adds. The head of the PJ, who chaired the meeting,
advanced that it was a "constructive" meeting - ​​that united the
British and elements of the PJ from Portimão, where the investigation
unfolded.

It continues to arrive to the Portuguese and British police dozens of
information, anonymous or not, about what could have happened to the
English girl, with four years of age then, inside the apartment 5A of
the Ocean Club. The majority concern the sightings in various places
around the world, which have revealed themselves to be unfounded;
others are more credible and have to be checked. Some point to
kidnapping; others to the involvement of adults close to the child.

David Cameron gave in to the couple

The imposition of the British Prime-Minister to the Scotland Yard, in
May, at the time of the book launch, ‘Madeleine’, in the United Kingdom,
which coincided with the eight birthday of the missing child's
disappearance, caused controversy in England. It was seen by some as a populist measure,
of a politician that gave a differential treatment to the McCann couple
- who had characterized Cameron as a "devout father and family man",
asking him for a "independent review and transparent of the process".
The Prime-Minister replied assuring them that he would commit the
Scotland Yard to the case.

"The English have evidence": Gonçalo Amaral, former investigator of the process

Correio da Manhã – What can the English police add to the investigation?

Gonçalo Amaral – The English can always present the conclusions to which
they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the
evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All
this is now a mere ‘show off’.

– How can these meetings be justified now?

– Only in terms of the political image of the English Prime-Minister.
They are not coming here certainly to ask to consult a process, that
they, from the first hour, have in England and fully translated in
English...

– Is this another media maneuver from the McCanns?

– I don't know, however, if the Scotland Yard is investigating and if
they no longer pay their detectives, they can return the money from the
book.

in Correio da Manhã, September 9, 2011

Last edited by Panda on Sat 1 Oct - 9:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplicated Paste)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Empty Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda Sat 1 Oct - 9:47

This bit is encouraging...............

The process is formally archived,
"but it is the interest of PJ and of the Scotland Yard that we can, one
day, get to the truth of the facts" of what happened in Praia da Luz,
Pedro do Carmo adds.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police Empty Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  mumbles Sat 1 Oct - 9:57

And this bit is interesting...

The majority concern the sightings in various places
around the world, which have revealed themselves to be unfounded;
others are more credible and have to be checked. Some point to
kidnapping; others to the involvement of adults close to the child.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 1 Oct - 12:19

Yes.....maybe the McCanns will have a rude awakening when they realise the extent of the "Review", I"m sure they thought it would be SY finding a load
of leads not checked out by the PJ.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 1 Oct - 12:39

Gonçalo Amaral – The English can always present the conclusions to which
they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the
evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All
this is now a mere ‘show off’.

Unquote.

Spot on Goncalo Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 307691
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 1 Oct - 12:50

I liked the remark by Goncarlo that now the McCanns don"t have to pay Detectives they can give back the money they made from the book.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sat 1 Oct - 17:33

Goncalo Amaral, a good and great man imo and it is his birthday tomorrow so......

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 944533 and Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 307691 and Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 410594 . I hope that you have a memorable day with those you choose to spend it with.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 1 Oct - 18:03

Bobsy wrote:Goncalo Amaral, a good and great man imo and it is his birthday tomorrow so......

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 944533 and Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 307691 and Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 410594 . I hope that you have a memorable day with those you choose to spend it with.

Your"re well informed Bobsy!!!! Let"s hope Amaral has meetings with SY in PDL and spills the beans on the info he suggested he had. Maybe the Judges
in Portugal will now set a Trial date for the McCann v Amaral trial which could throw up some new info which the McCanns havn"t bargained for.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 1 Oct - 19:07

Panda wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Goncalo Amaral, a good and great man imo and it is his birthday tomorrow so......

Your"re well informed Bobsy!!!! Let"s hope Amaral has meetings with SY in PDL and spills the beans on the info he suggested he had. Maybe the Judges
in Portugal will now set a Trial date for the McCann v Amaral trial which could throw up some new info which the McCanns havn"t bargained for.
oh panda that would be fantasic , i agree too that the mcanns will wish they hadnt pushed this review , because it is great that sy and pj are working together instead of against each other
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 1 Oct - 19:54

Yes cass, I thought SY would not be doing anything investigative about the McCanns , more trying to prove the incompetence of the PJ as the McCanns
have implied......I suspect Kate and Gerry never bargained for this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sat 1 Oct - 22:20

This is good news, very good news!!!!!!

IMO I don't think the PJ and SY worked that well together 4 years ago, but what they both know now!!! to what they knew then.......is a totaly different ball game, and this spells trouble for Mr and Mrs McCann and the very close Tapas Friends (not meaning all 6 of them just the very close ones!).

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 1 Oct - 22:55

buildersbum wrote:This is good news, very good news!!!!!!

IMO I don't think the PJ and SY worked that well together 4 years ago, but what they both know now!!! to what they knew then.......is a totaly different ball game, and this spells trouble for Mr and Mrs McCann and the very close Tapas Friends (not meaning all 6 of them just the very close ones!).

Good news, indeed Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 2 Oct - 0:31

Panda

I too hope that this is going to be more than just looking at the file for possible leads on sightings. If they do suggest "new steps to be taken to the PJ" maybe this will be relating to something other than leads.

However, Goncalo Amaral does seem convinced that this is "all show" but then he doesn't know what, if anything, SY may have in their files. So I hope this is good news too!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 2 Oct - 0:48

Angelique wrote:Panda

I too hope that this is going to be more than just looking at the file for possible leads on sightings. If they do suggest "new steps to be taken to the PJ" maybe this will be relating to something other than leads.

However, Goncalo Amaral does seem convinced that this is "all show" but then he doesn't know what, if anything, SY may have in their files. So I hope this is good news too!

Hi Angelique, I"m very dubious about this Trial taking place at all, it"s taken much too long and possible the Mccanns didn"t bargain for Amaral winning
the Appeal and they have withdrawn their charge. I do think SY have some Officers checking out the files held by LP and that both SY and PJ want the
McCanns off their backs so will concentrate on what evidence there is against them from the shelved files instead of looking for overlooked leads.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 2 Oct - 8:50

I fear that all that is happening with this 'Review' is that SY are helping mix £3m's worth of re-inforced concreate for the McCann's to pour over their back gardens. SY will come up with something that will help in the McC's defence - you see - hope I am wrong! Even if its - 'well SY have looked at this case and they can find no evidence against us'.

How ludicrous would that be?
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 2 Oct - 9:01

NoStone wrote:I fear that all that is happening with this 'Review' is that SY are helping mix £3m's worth of re-inforced concreate for the McCann's to pour over their back gardens. SY will come up with something that will help in the McC's defence - you see - hope I am wrong! Even if its - 'well SY have looked at this case and they can find no evidence against us'.

How ludicrous would that be?

Actually NoStone, lets not forget the PJ in all this. We know Leicester Police spent over £1 million on the McCann case, the PJ must have spent more.
Portugal is experiencing straitened times and took a lot of stick from the McCanns and the British Press. They will ceertainly not co-operate with SY
if they feel they are being used and SY will not want to be seen to waste the Taxpayers Money because its reputation is at stake over the Hacking scandal. Reading that report from a respected Portugese Newspaper I am quietly confident that a thorough examination of the evidence will be made.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 2 Oct - 9:07

I really hope your Panda - so many times have we seen the Mc's manage to twist things around to thier advantage that I become cynical about everything that goes on around them...and if there is a big-time cover up going on...what better place to seal it than from within the bowels of SY!!??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 2 Oct - 9:09

I agree Panda. A blind man could see the discrepancies and impossibilities in the McCann's stories, so if SY spend £3m and only come up with clearing them, it'll be the end of SY. SY have got to get some credibility and respect back.
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 2 Oct - 9:43

I believe when the McCanns kept asking for a review they thought they were going to get access to Files and might well rue the day they didn"t just take the money and run Squeaker. When they appealed to Justice Hogg for Leicester police to release their files, it was the intervention of the Chief
Constable saying this was an ongoing investigation which resulted in the McCanns only receiving 81 "pieces of paper."
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 2 Oct - 9:57

This is an old article which has already been discussed.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 2 Oct - 10:04

This case is very different to other "fishy" ones where a cover-up has been suspected because so much has been in the public domain. We've all heard the changes of story, strange explanations and excuses in real interviews, seen the bizarre behaviour for ourselves, watched as the money and awards rolled in, and been astounded by the involvement of spin and law firms in protecting the McCanns. Therefore SY can't just say, with £3m at their disposal, that they are unable to find anything.

Last edited by squeaker on Sun 2 Oct - 10:05; edited 1 time in total
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 2 Oct - 10:05

Carolina wrote:This is an old article which has already been discussed.

So what Carolina!! I hadn"t seen it before and apparently so had several others , otherwise it wouldn"t be getting the response.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 2 Oct - 10:39

squeaker wrote:This case is very different to other "fishy" ones where a cover-up has been suspected because so much has been in the public domain. We've all heard the changes of story, strange explanations and excuses in real interviews, seen the bizarre behaviour for ourselves, watched as the money and awards rolled in, and been astounded by the involvement of spin and law firms in protecting the McCanns. Therefore SY can't just say, with £3m at their disposal, that they are unable to find anything.

sqeaker, there was enough suspicion when the Tapas 9 timelines did not agree, the mobile phone calls which the Portugese Judge ruled could not be
used, the fact that the Tapas 9 did not want to attend a recon. It was the McCanns themselves who went World Wide with photos of Madeleine
and urging the Public to contact their website number with any clues, all the while their PR Guru making sure they were in the Headlines.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 2 Oct - 14:22

Panda wrote:
Carolina wrote:This is an old article which has already been discussed.

So what Carolina!! I hadn"t seen it before and apparently so had several others , otherwise it wouldn"t be getting the response.

Nor me Panda, very interesting thread tbh Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 944533

SY/PJ/LP are all of alot of interest wether we go over it 50 times, we need to keep our finger on the pulse Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 307691
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 2 Oct - 14:25

Panda wrote:
squeaker wrote:This case is very different to other "fishy" ones where a cover-up has been suspected because so much has been in the public domain. We've all heard the changes of story, strange explanations and excuses in real interviews, seen the bizarre behaviour for ourselves, watched as the money and awards rolled in, and been astounded by the involvement of spin and law firms in protecting the McCanns. Therefore SY can't just say, with £3m at their disposal, that they are unable to find anything.

sqeaker, there was enough suspicion when the Tapas 9 timelines did not agree, the mobile phone calls which the Portugese Judge ruled could not be
used, the fact that the Tapas 9 did not want to attend a recon. It was the McCanns themselves who went World Wide with photos of Madeleine
and urging the Public to contact their website number with any clues, all the while their PR Guru making sure they were in the Headlines.

Yes all this been part of Gerry's wider agenda, imo its Gerry's wider agenda thats going to come back and bite the lot of them right on their arses, and hopefully we will not have long to wait Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police 25346 .
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next