Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found

2 posters

Go down

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Empty Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:07

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm was abducted by her mother Patricia O'Byrne in May of 1993. Sigourney was born September 20, 1991, she is now 16.

On the 15th of May 1993, following a custody dispute with the father, O’Byrne left a message stating that she was leaving the country with her daughter, Sigourney. Patricia is wanted on charges of child abduction.

They have been traced to British Columbia, London and Tunbridge Wells, Kent. It is believed they could possibly be in Mallorca, Spain now.

It is thought that Sigourney may have attended St John's primary school in Tunbridge Wells before being moved again around the age of 8 / 9.

Anybody with information about Sigourney should contact Missing Children of Canada on + 1-800-661-6160, their nearest CrimeStoppers or send a message via this site which will be passed on to her Father

PLEASE NOTE: As Sigourney was under two when she was taken, it is difficult to depict hair colour and style (curly, straight, etc) so these images are to be used as a guideline. Look at the features rather than the overall view.
videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3CMTJRw2wo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnzB1gtJA0

Please take a moment to watch this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pjWaUxGItU You can read Sigourney’s Dad’s story over at his Myspace, http://www.myspace.com/sigourney_is_missing

Last edited by milly on Mon 12 Dec - 20:42; edited 2 times in total
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1604
Warning :
Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Empty PLEASE READ THIS HEARTBREAKING BLOG FROM SIGOURNEYS DADS MY SPACE PAGE

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:08

We are nearing my daughter, Sigourney's 17th Birthday – September 20, 2008. Our family does what we can to keep busy and keep our mind occupied. For those of you who have been following regularly (thank you very much), you know my son, Sigi's brother and I have been doing video blogs to send out to the universe in hopes of one of you passing it to someone, who sends it to someone, then the video finds its' way to Sigourney. Sigourney likely doesn't know the truth about this side of her family. The truth would be a real shock to the system so if these blogs find Sigourney before we do, our hope is they will help ease her into the truth about her life by getting to know us 10 minutes at a time.

Blog 3 was hosted by Jesse, her brother for the first time and I (her dad) jump in, too. All of these blogs are conversations – conversations we look forward to having in person one day. Blog 3 was about art – something near and dear to us, as we are both musicians and songwriters.

In blog 4 we start introducing the rest of the patriarchal side of Sigourney's family to her. She has grand parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and more who haven't seen her since 1993. In 4 you will find Jesse and Dad (Joe) introducing the Davin family – Sigourney's aunt Ruth, uncle Jim and her three cousins Nathanial, Joe and Eli.

All of these blogs are light and fun – leaving the bigger issues of who's to bless and who's to blame for another time. If my life wasn't what I had been told it would take me a while to adjust and we hope these are no-pressure ways to get to know us all over again.

Many a good-time was had at my sister Ruth's house, of which Sigourney and her mother Patricia were included. My mom, Sigourney's Grandmother remembers clearly a talk she had with Patricia at this very farm where Patricia assured her that although her and I were breaking up, she respected me as a father and appreciated what a great family Sigourney had, including my mom, Sigi's grand mother. I can only guess it was all a façade as Patricia's plan to abduct Sigourney and take her underground was already afoot.

Sigourney's birthday, Xmas and May when she was abducted are the toughest times of the year for me. I can't articulate the pain of being separated from my flesh and blood or how impossible it is to not obsess about it.

As Jesse is growing into adulthood, I see his grief in his own personal experience in this. I am learning that just as he can't understand my grief as a parent separated from my daughter, exactly the way it feels to me – I can't understand what it's like for him to deal with the fact that most of his life, his sister has been stripped from his life because Patricia had a beef with me. Patricia once said she loved Jesse and I know she did love his company. How could she – how could anyone – do this to a young boy and brother. The bond between Jesse and Sigourney was unmistakeable.

Never-the-less, Jesse and I share this bond of tragedy. My own grief is compounded by the guilt that my inability to solve and resolve this conflict has taken years off the life of my mother, my father, and emotionally impacted my sisters and my son Jesse. I know my family loves me. I know they feel I have done every thing in my power to communicate to those "protecting" Patricia's whereabouts that I mean no one any harm – I just want to end the madness and work out a resolution that is as stress-free as possible for our daughter. My family knows I have come oh-so close. We nearly made contact in Vancouver, The lower mainland of British Columbia and again in the UK. My family supports me, but that doesn't lessen the responsibility I feel for this incident causing them such pain. It's me that Patricia hates. I am the focus of her wrath and desire to inflict punishment. Why should the rest of Sigourney's family suffer? It's not their fault. If it's any one's fault, it is mine.

17 years old this Saturday – OMG! The life that Sigourney and I have missed together – some days I just can't bear it. Today is one of these days. When we find her, when this chapter ends and a new one begins, who cares about the pain I have suffered. My focus and I hope everyone's focus is on a healthy transition in what will certainly be a difficult time.

But for now, I am overcome with grief and ……….. and I don't know what, other than "thanks for listening." Day 5,602 without seeing Sigourney has been another tough one.

Let me know what you think of Blog 4. Let's hope our "happy birthday" song gets heard by Sigourney real soon.

Joe Chisholm
Sigi and Jesse's Dad
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Empty Re: Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:09

There has never been an explanation as to why she went off. Joe is broken hearted and he is doing everything he can to find sigi. he has a you tube page with all his blogs on it. Have a look at them

https://www.youtube.com/user/IndieCanJoe
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:10

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Sigour10
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:10

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found 68640710
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:11

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:12

A video made by her family - they narrate the video. There are updated pictures on there. It also includes a song written by her father's band.

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm, was abducted by her mother, Patricia O'Byrne in May of 1993. Sigourney was born September 20, 1991 and she is turning 17 this year.
On the 15th of May 1993, following a custody dispute with the father, O'Byrne left a message stating that she was leaving the country with her daughter, Sigourney.
Patricia is wanted on charges of child abduction, there is a warrant for her arrest. Abduction is a crime, even if the child is your own.
Joe Chisholm, however, is wanting to treat this as a family matter in order to resolve it.
Patricia and Sigourney have been traced to British Columbia, London and Tunbridge Wells, Kent. It is believed they have links to Spain.
Sigourney's dad, Joe and her brother, Jesse, have been searching for her. They want to get to know Sigourney all over again.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police - (877) 318-3576

UPDATE: STILL MISSING
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:12

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:13

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:14

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:14

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:15

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:15

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 12:16

milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Empty Victoria woman arrested, accused of abducting daughter 18 years ago

Post  milly Mon 12 Dec - 20:44

By Kim Westad and Carla Wilson, Postmedia NewsDecember 7, 2011

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found 58053810

At left, Sigourney Chisholm was born in 1991 and abducted in 1993. In Victoria, she was known as Thea Whelan, an honours student, well-liked athlete and a valedictorian of her 2009 graduating class at Victoria High School. The photo at right was published in the Times Colonist on June 20, 2009, as part of a graduation project.

Photograph by: RCMP missing children services; Esrah Boulton, .

VICTORIA — A tip to an Alberta missing children's agency has led to the arrest of a Victoria woman who had been hiding here in plain sight with the daughter she is accused of abducting 18 years ago.

Patricia Joan O'Byrne, 53, was arrested peacefully at her Howard Street home at 8 a.m. on Thursday by Victoria police, who were working with Toronto Police Services to solve a parental abduction case reported on May 29, 1993.

It's the longest outstanding unsolved parental abduction case that Christy Dzikowicz, the director of missing children's services at the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, knows of in Canada.

Astounded neighbours and provincial government colleagues knew O'Byrne as Pamela Whelan, a public information officer for the provincial government at several ministries, a friendly neighbour and an active member of her daughter's school community.

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm, the child her father Joe last saw when she was 20 months old, was known to all as Thea Whelan, valedictorian of her 2009 graduating class from Victoria High School, honour student and well-liked athlete.

On Thursday, she was told her father had been looking for her for 18 years. It's not known what her mother had told her about her father. The couple lived in Toronto, had separated, and had joint custody of their baby when the mother and daughter disappeared.

At the same time her mother was being arrested at the tidy bungalow she bought in 2005, Thea Whelan was being told about her family situation by Toronto police and counsellors from the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, Victoria police deputy chief John Ducker said.

Thea has lived in Ontario for the past year, neighbours say, and is believed to be attending university, although they didn't know where.

"I cannot begin to comprehend the magnitude of what this young woman has just learned," Ducker said.

Neither can her father, Joe Chisholm, even though he has "been dreaming of this day for 18 years." Chisholm, a Toronto musician and financial adviser, said Friday that he will wait for his daughter to contact him when she is ready.

"I'm thrilled we've found her safe but I don't think we're at a Hollywood ending," Chisholm said. "My daughter's mother has been arrested. My daughter has a lot to take in and we'll wait until she's ready. It's not about my needs, it's about hers."

He has little interest in the criminal charge of abduction in contravention of a custody order that Whelan will face Monday in Toronto's College Park courthouse.

"I'm not invested in that. I don't see how it benefits my daughter."

Dzikowicz said it is completely Thea Whelan's choice when or if she has contact with her large family in Ontario.

"She'll have supports around her but she will make her own decision," Dzikowicz said. "We are obviously happy when there's a resolution to a case, but it's hard to be joyful when we know how much impact this has on everybody."

There was nothing out of the ordinary about the Whelans, say neighbours who swapped house keys with them, mowed lawns and had barbecues.

"I feel sorry for everyone involved," said neighbour Debbie Kennell. "I'd like Thea and Pam to know that we're here for you, no matter what's happened."

kwestad@timescolonist

cjwilson@timescolonist.com

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Victoria+woman+arrested+accused+abducting+daughter+years/5805061/story.html#ixzz1gM5VOGRd
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Sigourney Teresa Chisholm Found Empty Woman accused of abducting daughter 18 years ago denied bail in Toronto Published on December 7, 2011

Post  milly Mon 12 Dec - 20:46

Woman accused of abducting daughter 18 years ago denied bail in Toronto Published on December 7, 2011

Published on December 7, 2011
Topics : Toronto , Victoria TORONTO - A woman accused of abducting her baby daughter 18 years ago has been denied bail.

Patricia O'Byrne has been in custody since she was arrested last week in Victoria.

Police allege the 54-year-old abducted her own toddler in 1993 while in the midst of a custody battle.

O'Byrne's lawyer, Edward Greenspan, says he'll be seeking a bail review.

There now is a publication ban on the daughter's name.
http://www.thetelegram.com/Canada---World/News/2011-12-07/article-2828163/Woman-accused-of-abducting-daughter-18-years-ago-denied-bail-in-Toronto/1
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 12 Dec - 23:14

Oh, what I sad story!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down