Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hurt which never goes away

+14
almostgothic
Wintabells
interested
jeanmonroe
kathybelle
cass
Justiceforallkids
NoStone
mickey18
kitti
tigger
Velvet
dutchclogs
Annabel
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A hurt which never goes away Empty A hurt which never goes away

Post  Annabel Sat 17 Dec - 3:49

http://www.mirror.co.uk/mobile/news-opinion/2011/12/17/a-hurt-which-never-goes-away-for-the-mccanns-even-at-christmas-time-115875-23640737/#ixzz1gl7h7Pwg

DESPITE the fact that Christmas now seems to start in October, a new report claims we didn’t actually feel “Christmassy” until Thursday this week.

Well, bully for us, because while we’re stressing out over presents, trees, decorations, food and the lack of money to buy it all with, there are some for whom Christmas is a damn sight more painful.

On Monday I went to the Missing People Christmas Carol Service, dedicated to the memory of those who won’t be home for Christmas and, in some cases, haven’t been for years.
Advertisement >>

I sat next to Kate and Gerry McCann, whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting on several ­occasions.

I don’t need to tell you that their eldest daughter Madeleine has been missing for over four years now, her presence replaced by a continuing ache.

It’s hard to utter throwaway ­salutations on seeing someone again when you know their suffering never ceases. A simple phrase like “how are you?” can suddenly sound like the elephant in the room, when the answer “how the hell do you think they are?” booms away inside your head.

They must know there’s a sense of “what to say/ what not to say” when encountering them, because the McCanns are ­great at making people feel ­comfortable.

Gerry has got a brilliant sense of humour, which must have been his secret weapon during the years following Madeleine’s ­disappearance. That and his obvious love for Kate, whose hand he held throughout the service.

We talked about Madeleine and of how her disappearance is very much a part of her twin brother and sister, Sean and Amelie’s, lives.

Heartbreakingly, Gerry told me that one of the six-year-olds had said: “Will it be a good Christmas this year, even though Madeleine’s still not home?”

It’s hard to sing a Christmas carol when someone has told you that, let alone to stand at a lectern and deliver a heart-tugging reading when you’re the one living the nightmare.

You could hear the profound silence as Kate read words from The Beacon by Simon Armitage: “... somewhere out there there has to be life, the distance only a matter of time, a world like our own, its ­markings and shades as uniquely formed as a daughter’s eye, distinctly flecked, undeniably hers, looking back this way through the miles and years...”

So while most of us are looking forward to spending time with loved ones next weekend, just imagine what it must be like to live Christmas in a never-ending limbo.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
A hurt which never goes away Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A hurt which never goes away Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

A hurt which never goes away Empty Re: A hurt which never goes away

Post  Wintabells Sat 17 Dec - 4:02

A hurt which never goes away 477442
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
A hurt which never goes away Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A hurt which never goes away Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Sat 17 Dec - 4:31

WHAT RUBBISH THIS WOMAN WRITES she sounds A hurt which never goes away 847843 A hurt which never goes away 847843 A hurt which never goes away 847843 I wonder if poor Kerry Neddham was there, it must break her heart to see all the fuss the McsScums get. God it makes me A hurt which never goes away 477442 A hurt which never goes away 477442 A hurt which never goes away 157799
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 17 Dec - 7:05

I sat next to Kate and Gerry McCann, whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting on several ­occasions."

fiona Phillips, hang your head in shame for writing this drivel. A hurt which never goes away 371436
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Velvet Sat 17 Dec - 7:48

I feel sorry for Sean and Amelie if they did say that, must be so confusing for them.
Velvet
Velvet
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 191
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 17 Dec - 8:08

Be even more confusing when They read the official PJ files...

.......the child, Madeleine McCann, died In apartment 3a on 3rd may 2007 and the parents don't want to give up the cadaver...

Or is the libel trial all about re writing 'that part' or even whooshing them by taking mr amaral to the cleaners.

I have often thought this isn't about money now but about winning the libel case against him thus proving to the worshippers that he is a lier, the part about Madeleine dying in the apt was HIS and on HIS opinion only and by winning it has proved that he LIED.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 17 Dec - 8:24

I think it's all about the money, Kitti, perhaps they still haven't given up on the Fame, Celebrity and Admiration, but the money is the main thing.

Amaral's statements aren't much published, so proving he lied by winning the case isn't going to make a big impact. In any case, focussing on that would have to bring up ALL the evidence to the contrary. Something I don't think they're willing to do.
I read somewhere they're not going to be there themselves, an escape clause in case they lose? Because then they can say 'if we'd been there etc'.

It would not be a popular move for the Portugese Court to bend the law to accommodate the McCanns. Therefore the political climate for the McCanns is very much like the weather we're having....

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Dec - 8:35

Perhaps Fiona Phillips should be first in line in Clarkson's sights .......................................

What a sickly, sickening and delusional diatribe,

If I looked at SWMBO the way McCann looks at Healy in public, she'd go for "a long walk" at the very least.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 17 Dec - 8:39

Well i hope your right but I also think this is about discrediting mr Amarals theory and that means alot to the mccanns as he is a thorn in his side.

Saying about not many people out off portugual knowing about mr. Amaral and the files, yes you are right their but all the time their is this little bit off chance that the twins could find out About it or read it worries them....they need to quash his theory and by doing it and going to court and WINNING means everything to them.

I believe they will not win anyway as it would look ridiculous that a judge has overturned the book ban yet say that his book was libellous in the upcoming court case.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Dec - 9:07

God, what a start to my Saturday morning! I always used to associate Fiona Phillips with learning of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, as she was the reporter on the first programme which I switched on on that day.

Now she has acquiired a whole new image in my mind and I'd rather have kept the first one. Fiona, what planet are you living on, love?

A hurt which never goes away 477442
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 17 Dec - 10:42

So, what was the Missing People Christmas Carol Service like? Was it uplifting for any of those present whose loved ones were missing? Who was there? Were there families of missing adults, missing children, loved ones who had been missing for a long time? Who else spoke at the service? Surely it wasn't totally led by Kate McCann? Yet, all we are told of this service in memory of missing people is that the author sat next to Kate and Gerry McCann and about what Katy did.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 17 Dec - 10:55

AnnaEsse wrote:So, what was the Missing People Christmas Carol Service like? Was it uplifting for any of those present whose loved ones were missing? Who was there? Were there families of missing adults, missing children, loved ones who had been missing for a long time? Who else spoke at the service? Surely it wasn't totally led by Kate McCann? Yet, all we are told of this service in memory of missing people is that the author sat next to Kate and Gerry McCann and about what Katy did.

I know AnnaEsse..........Clarence is working overtime arranging all these "appearances by the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 17 Dec - 10:57

the McCanns are ­great at making people feel ­comfortable. I am sorry but they give me the creeps! A hurt which never goes away 234512

Gerry has got a brilliant sense of humour, He certainly has - there is hardly a day when something either he or Kates does or says that does not have me splitting my sides!! A hurt which never goes away 23324 A hurt which never goes away 23324 A hurt which never goes away 23324
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey18 Sat 17 Dec - 11:10

Hi folks its mickey1 but I rather buffered up my application so now I'm mickey18 A hurt which never goes away 306321

It seems to me that a cluster of McAppearances means distraction from something REALLY going on..
not to mention spun reports on something that could be rather awkward for them
Wonder what it could be?
mickey18
mickey18

Number of posts : 1
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Dec - 11:16

Sadly mickey1/18, we've had all this before ............... hopes raised that something nasty in the woodshed is coming home to roost (Oh how I love a mixed metaphor), but sadly to no avail.

We can but hope, though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 17 Dec - 11:18

Sorry - its just struck me - this article is something to make the Mc's look relaxed - something to counter those very tense images of them walking into the Leveson Inquiry recently- something that says - 'SY talking to Mondeo3 - am I bovvered!! A hurt which never goes away 541656

My god these things do become so transparent after a while.

[quote="NoStone"]the McCanns are ­great at making people feel ­comfortable. Gerry has got a brilliant sense of humour,
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Dec - 11:57

AnnaEsse wrote:So, what was the Missing People Christmas Carol Service like? Was it uplifting for any of those present whose loved ones were missing? Who was there? Were there families of missing adults, missing children, loved ones who had been missing for a long time? Who else spoke at the service? Surely it wasn't totally led by Kate McCann? Yet, all we are told of this service in memory of missing people is that the author sat next to Kate and Gerry McCann and about what Katy did.

I can't find a report about the service after the event but here's a link to some pre-publicity.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/christmas-carol-service-in-aid-of-missing-people

Shame on the McCanns for gatecrashing another genuine charity event.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 17 Dec - 12:32

what about the hurt they caused maddie by leaving herr alone screaming and crying and them not caring????
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 17 Dec - 12:36

Well it's about par for the course for F F F Phillips (the extra Fs are mine). A hurt which never goes away 477442

It's good that they were sitting together - I've always believed you should herd all of the strange people in to one part of the church, preferably right at the back behind a large pillar. Then when the incense appears, they won't be shouting: "Oi bishop! Yer handbag's on fire!"

Yes, it's all part of the 'feel good about the McCanns' campaign and much more will follow leading up to February with the usual bum-lickers being wheeled out.

"Gerry has got a brilliant sense of humour, which must have been his secret weapon during the years following Madeleine’s ­disappearance."
This of course excuses all the 'grinning idiot' images so soon after the disappearance, like the one of GM on the balcony. And possibly the much more recent one in Amsterdam. (He wasn't being frivolous you understand, just keeping their spirits up ......).

"That and his obvious love for Kate ..."
That made oi larf til moi socks be droppin' orf.

" ... as uniquely formed as a daughter’s eye, distinctly flecked, undeniably hers."
Blimey Charlie, first of all it was a coloboma, then it was just a fleck, hardly noticeable, now it's distinct and undeniable.
Ho yes it is, ho no it isn't, ho yes ............ pass the paracetamol someone ...

And so it will go on, well into the new year. Don't have nightmares folks ...

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 17 Dec - 13:34

Not Born Yesterday wrote:

I can't find a report about the service after the event but here's a link to some pre-publicity.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/christmas-carol-service-in-aid-of-missing-people

Thanks Not Born Yesterday, "That Clarrifies" why the McCanns travelled all the way to London , just to hobnob with the Celebrities . Pity the poor twins,
how often are the Parents with them A hurt which never goes away 157799
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 17 Dec - 13:54

Panda wrote:

Thanks Not Born Yesterday, "That Clarrifies" why the McCanns travelled all the way to London , just to hobnob with the Celebrities . Pity the poor twins,

I've just been on the missing people website and there is a photo of the McCans in a prime spot. They are sitting in between Fiona Phillips and Brenda Blethyn and Trevor McDonald is sitting in front of them. Written in the article is the speech Kate McCann gave.

The service was in the presence of the charity's Royal Patron, the Duchess of Gloucester. I wonder if the McCanns managed to meet her, or if she avoided them like the plague, which is what Prince Charles did, when they attended an event he was also attending.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 17 Dec - 14:04

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

I've just been on the missing people website and there is a photo of the McCans in a prime spot. They are sitting in between Fiona Phillips and Brenda Blethyn and Trevor McDonald is sitting in front of them. Written in the article is the speech Kate McCann gave.

The service was in the presence of the charity's Royal Patron, the Duchess of Gloucester. I wonder if the McCanns managed to meet her, or if she avoided them like the plague, which is what Prince Charles did, when they attended an event he was also attending.

Hi kathybelle, any chance you can post the link on here so we can see the photo? Ta A hurt which never goes away Icon_flower
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Dec - 14:12

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/latest-news/families-of-missing-people-remember-loved-ones-at-christmas

Fortunately the photo was taken by candlelight so you can't see the gruesome twosome too clearly!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 17 Dec - 14:19

fiona phillips number one mcann fan A hurt which never goes away 477442 well all the others never neglected their missing loved ones . look at the pic of kate butter wouldnt melt .oh and a bit of a sad face a lot sadder than madeleine 4th birthday A hurt which never goes away 371436
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 17 Dec - 14:21

Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi kathybelle, any chance you can post the link on here so we can see the photo? Ta A hurt which never goes away Icon_flower

A hurt which never goes away 306321 Panda, sorry I should have said I clicked the link which is in your post above this post, that I have just written. If you click the link you will see "Home" at the top of the page. Click "Home" and you will come to a page that contains news. The first article in the news section, is called Families of missing people, remember loved ones. Read the article and at the bottom you will see the words "Read more" click the words and you will come to the page where the photograph of the McCanns is.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next