Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

+55
fedrules
margaret
almostgothic
tanszi
ELI
marxman
welshy
steve1295
Loopdaloop
Alpine Aster
interested
keepingmum
Wintabells
Claudia79
dazedandconfused
comperedna
kitti
Annabel
Panda
pennylane
mahlersghost
Oldartform
chrissie
frencheuropean
devonmum
Justiceforallkids
Chris
HiDeHo
mumbles
duncanmac
quickfingers
tigger
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
Angelique
jd16
matthew
ann_chovey
Bobsy
nospinnaker
mara thon
Fern
cherry1
jeanmonroe
pamalam
the slave
gillyspot
fred
NoStone
tabs
jay2001
SteveT
flower
MaryB
ShabbyTiger
59 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Chris Fri 20 Apr - 17:27

To be honest I don't hold out much hope the programme will cast much light on what is or isn't happening. SY have acknowledged the investigation is that of the PJ and they are only assisting the prime investigators. I can't see they can disclose any information on lines of enquiry etc when the PJ themselves would be limited by their legal system.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  ShabbyTiger Fri 20 Apr - 17:27

maive wrote:
ShabbyTiger wrote:
jd16 wrote:I think this programme will tell us where this is all going one way or other

Good point jd... although I have a bad feeling about this programme. If things were heading towards arrests then surely the lead investigator wouldn't be talking to a BBC programme? What can he say? What will he say, some nonsense about an abduction?

Really?? Is this true?? A lead SY investigator talking about the case on the BBC?? OMG, it makes no sense at all... SY talking on TV BEFORE an arrest..?? Impossible.. I think we will never see an arrest in this case..

There is one explication though.. Sometimes (in US) we see Police Forces talking publicly in order to send a subtile message to the perpetors, accomplices, possible witnesses, etc.. So maybe.. maybe it's the objective..

I am really sad.. But I keep hoping.. I will always have hope, until the end..

Sorry maive, badly worded by me. It was my wishful thinking that arrests may be imminent. Even if a breakthrough were imminent.... why is the SIO talking to the Beeb? Only makes me think that there will never be any breakthrough and this review is just a whitewash.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Fri 20 Apr - 17:39

ShabbyTiger wrote:
maive wrote:
ShabbyTiger wrote:
jd16 wrote:I think this programme will tell us where this is all going one way or other

Good point jd... although I have a bad feeling about this programme. If things were heading towards arrests then surely the lead investigator wouldn't be talking to a BBC programme? What can he say? What will he say, some nonsense about an abduction?

Really?? Is this true?? A lead SY investigator talking about the case on the BBC?? OMG, it makes no sense at all... SY talking on TV BEFORE an arrest..?? Impossible.. I think we will never see an arrest in this case..

There is one explication though.. Sometimes (in US) we see Police Forces talking publicly in order to send a subtile message to the perpetors, accomplices, possible witnesses, etc.. So maybe.. maybe it's the objective..

I am really sad.. But I keep hoping.. I will always have hope, until the end..

Sorry maive, badly worded by me. It was my wishful thinking that arrests may be imminent. Even if a breakthrough were imminent.... why is the SIO talking to the Beeb? Only makes me think that there will never be any breakthrough and this review is just a whitewash.

No, your wording was excellent! I understood that it was your thinking.. and it was mine too.. And this lead me to the same conclusion than you..
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 20 Apr - 17:43

quote:senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police

Must be someone from sy who is involved
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 20 Apr - 17:46

I will also watch the Panorama programme but I don't think we will be given any encouragement regarding facts, truth etc. I fear it will be as other anticipated events - below par.

SteelMagnolia doesn't think much either. http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Apr - 17:55

matthew wrote:quote:senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police

I hope this is not Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) Andy Redwood who is the Senior Investigating Officer for Operation Grange.... that would not be encouraging (imho)

Last edited by pennylane on Sat 21 Apr - 15:24; edited 2 times in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Fri 20 Apr - 19:15

pennylane wrote:
matthew wrote:quote:senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police

I hope this is not Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) Andy Redwood who is the Senior Investigating Officer for Operation Grange.... that would not be encouraging (imho)

On the other side, «working collaboratively with Portuguese police» does not look good for TM, we all know what conclusion the PJ has.. However, the position of the PJ is not that clear IMO. Why? Because there is one investigation, the official files, with GA as the lead investigator and we all know what was the conclusion. And we have the «second investigation», with the other guy (I don't remember his name sorry), who shelved the case and let the McCanns go... It seems that the Portuguese autorities backed off a bit.. So.. I don't know.. Am I mistaken or others feel that way about the Portuguese?

Anyway, we'll see soon!

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 391499
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 20 Apr - 19:21

I think the Portuguese authorities were lent on by GB, we can but hope there wont be
any adverse government interference now and that certain people are not working behind
the scenes to get the SY to do a whitewash report, I am thinking positive though that
in the end the truth will come out. I hope so at least, Madeleine deserves that.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 20 Apr - 19:28

I cannot see how the programme can be anything but slanted towards `abduction`. If a SY inspector is really discussing the `review` (which seems very improper in the circumstances), he is hardly going to cast any doubt about the McCanns story on national tv. Any new information, whether for or against the McCanns, will surely just negate the possibility of any future trial being unprejudiced.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 19:33

This much mentioned "whitewash" idea would require the unquestioning compliance of a considerable number of hardened professional plods.

Unlikely, therefore.

Except it is hard to explain many things that have happened so far without at least considering some form of conspiracy: As I've often said, I don't subscribe to that and believe it more likely to result from exploitation and coincidence - but I'm not so daft as to rule it out completely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 20 Apr - 19:39

I don't think there's a chance that this programme will deviate in any way from the usual stuff that has been given out by the UK media. I think the most likely scenario will be a person will be put forward as the likely villainous abductor. Still it's anybody's guess. But can't see anything earth shattering will be revealed. I think the game is on to wrap up the case as abducted by a stranger. That's my opinion. I might be wrong.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Fri 20 Apr - 20:08

You just have to ask yourself one question : WHY?

Why SY would do that (talking on national TV)?

Not many answers..
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 20 Apr - 20:17

I dont think this investigator they mention can be from SY, I really cant see them doing this
with an ongoing investigation.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Fri 20 Apr - 20:27

cherry1 wrote:I dont think this investigator they mention can be from SY, I really cant see them doing this
with an ongoing investigation.

Exactly. So why they say « a lead investigator»? Who «leads» this «case/investigation/review»..? SY.

So IF it's a SY investigator, why is he doing that?

So we have :

1) the new Kate's book, with «insights» about the review..

2) a new «sighting» of Madeleine, for the fifth anniversary..

3) a «lead investigator» talking about the review, again for the fifth anniversary..

So my instinct tells me that it smells bad.. Hope I am wrong..
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 20 Apr - 20:39

We need to try and get from Panorama who exactly this investigator is.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Fri 20 Apr - 20:50

cherry1 wrote:We need to try and get from Panorama who exactly this investigator is.

Start firing your questions folks !#

panorama.reply@bbc.co.uk
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 20 Apr - 21:02

I doubt that, SY haven't finished their investigation yet, no way can they talk about anything at all.
It will have to be some PI to justify the money they haven't spent on the search.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm - this is the transcript from the nov. 2007 effort.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 20 Apr - 21:19

ELI wrote:
cherry1 wrote:We need to try and get from Panorama who exactly this investigator is.

panorama.reply@bbc.co.uk

thanks ELI - will get an email off and see if get any reply. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 303636
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Fri 20 Apr - 21:30

cherry1 wrote:
ELI wrote:

panorama.reply@bbc.co.uk

thanks ELI - will get an email off and see if get any reply. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 303636

Let us know how you go on cherry1, if you get a reply then I think I might send them a few erm, details of my own Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 944533

was it Panorama who made the other documentary with the ' Twin Peaks ' theme?
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Fri 20 Apr - 21:38

will do ELI Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 944533

Not sure about the one with the Twin Peaks theme.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 20 Apr - 22:11

I hope its not the McCanns very own 'lead investigator'!! Dave 'The suit' Edgar.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Fri 20 Apr - 22:23

wjk wrote:I hope its not the McCanns very own 'lead investigator'!! Dave 'The suit' Edgar.

It's one of the possible answers Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 25346

If you're right, it would be funny Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 23324 and encouraging Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 25346
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 21 Apr - 3:54

It doesn't say 'the lead investigator'

it says:

Here, the senior UK investigator

I suspect that it'll be a senior UK investigator.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Sat 21 Apr - 8:40

My overwhelming HOPE for this programme is that it will be a 'softener' for the hard line McCann fans. Softening the blow that they've all been had.
That's my optimistic head telling me that.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 21 Apr - 8:58

the slave wrote:My overwhelming HOPE for this programme is that it will be a 'softener' for the hard line McCann fans. Softening the blow that they've all been had.
That's my optimistic head telling me that.

Oh yes, that would be superb!

Alas the reverse may be true, and my pessimistic head tells me it could be Snr Investigating Officer, DCI Andy Redwood, using the word "abduction" throughout, and once and for all morphing Jane Tanner's eggman into the same fella the Smith's saw, whilst carefully and methodically laying the grounds for the most sleazy and hideous whitewash ever.Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 477442

Oh dear.... not a good way to start my day Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 2 36898
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next