Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  NoStone on Sat 21 Apr - 9:04

Why or what exactly makes it 'The Last Hope'? Afterall the Mc's have said they will never give up the search - they know she is out there - they know some one has information - they know people turn up decades later so why would it be THEIR last hope??

Is it that the review is the last hope of joint police forces proving an abduction? Unless bundleman was whooshed away by an alien spaceship as he walked out of sight that night of the 3rd May 2007 not to mention discovery of his ability to levitate through windows or dematerialise himself, then with all the information, all the sightings and leads - there must be something of a trail to follow, remembering of course that there has been substantial amounts of reward money available for somebody to squeek somewhere down the line - even peado's like money as do most criminals [thinks of the fund a moment then clears his head]

So maybe they dont realise it but this is the Mc's last chance because in the abscence of evidence of an abduction the focus turns back to the alternative thesis.

Coming back to the 'Last Hope' - it cannot be the last hope of ever solving the case as it will remain a case to be be solved for ever and a day.

So I will be interested in learning why this prog has been titled such - who's last hope and why!!??

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  wjk on Sat 21 Apr - 9:05

pennylane wrote:
the slave wrote:My overwhelming HOPE for this programme is that it will be a 'softener' for the hard line McCann fans. Softening the blow that they've all been had.
That's my optimistic head telling me that.

Oh yes, that would be superb!

Alas the reverse may be true, and my pessimistic head tells me it could be Snr Investigating Officer, DCI Andy Redwood, using the word "abduction" throughout, and once and for all morphing Jane Tanner's eggman into the same fella the Smith's saw, whilst carefully and methodically laying the grounds for the most sleazy and hideous whitewash ever.

Oh dear.... not a good way to start my day

I have a horrible feeling you may be right, penny.
I just can't imagine its going to be anything but a whitewash, although I'm praying I'm wrong.

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sat 21 Apr - 9:10

Yes I must admit that my gut reaction was that the programme will accept as if written in stone that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger and go from there.

To be fair to the BBC, look what happened the last time they dared to challenge government spin - the weapons of mass destruction nonsense. I can't imagine that they will treat the McCanns with anything other than reverential awe.

I'm feeling very sick at the thought of it!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  pennylane on Sat 21 Apr - 9:30

wjk wrote:
pennylane wrote:
the slave wrote:My overwhelming HOPE for this programme is that it will be a 'softener' for the hard line McCann fans. Softening the blow that they've all been had.
That's my optimistic head telling me that.

Oh yes, that would be superb!

Alas the reverse may be true, and my pessimistic head tells me it could be Snr Investigating Officer, DCI Andy Redwood, using the word "abduction" throughout, and once and for all morphing Jane Tanner's eggman into the same fella the Smith's saw, whilst carefully and methodically laying the grounds for the most sleazy and hideous whitewash ever.

Oh dear.... not a good way to start my day

I have a horrible feeling you may be right, penny.
I just can't imagine its going to be anything but a whitewash, although I'm praying I'm wrong.

Morning wjk and NBY,

I really hate feeling this way, and I do try to look for positive reinforcements to change my way of thinking, but search as I may, I can't seem to find any where this case is concerned.

Let's hope we are totally wrong... I so want to believe that the system is not corrupt to the core.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  fred on Sat 21 Apr - 10:19

Wonder if it was filmed at midnight in the red light marina area of Barcelona?

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4830
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

it is andy redwood

Post  mossman on Sat 21 Apr - 10:26

This is now on the Panorama site : Andy Redwood is indeed to feature in the programme

Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior UK investigator, talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  pennylane on Sat 21 Apr - 10:31

mossman wrote:This is now on the Panorama site : Andy Redwood is indeed to feature in the programme

Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior UK investigator, talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.

Thank you mossman.

Here we go!

This doesn't bode well (imho).

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

That sounds good to me, Mossman...

Post  comperedna on Sat 21 Apr - 10:33

what you put there above from the Panorama site... 'disappeared'... and finding out the facts... (I go up and down in morale like a yo-yo, though.)

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  mara thon on Sat 21 Apr - 10:36

I'm afraid I too think it will be nothing but a whitewash and I also suspect that the Mccanns will see, or have seen, the programme before it's aired to ensure that everything will be as they want it. If it's a live programme then for sure they will have seen the scripts prior to the programme going out and will have ensured the script editing is in their favour. I can only see it as being yet more PR to put them in a good light and get some more money rolling in. I doubt we will watch it in this house, can't afford a new TV !

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  flower on Sat 21 Apr - 10:44

Why? Oh Why? Is this happening??

I much preferred it when SY took a dignified silence stance about this review..................

flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  pennylane on Sat 21 Apr - 10:45

mara thon wrote:I'm afraid I too think it will be nothing but a whitewash and I also suspect that the Mccanns will see, or have seen, the programme before it's aired to ensure that everything will be as they want it. If it's a live programme then for sure they will have seen the scripts prior to the programme going out and will have ensured the script editing is in their favour. I can only see it as being yet more PR to put them in a good light and get some more money rolling in. I doubt we will watch it in this house, can't afford a new TV !


I absolutely agree. I think we will be treated to a complete load of tosh with a decidedly pink hue.

I shall record it, and then trepidly check in here before watching or deleting.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  the slave on Sat 21 Apr - 10:52

Come on Guys and Gals!!!! Buck up!!!
We haven't spent five long exhausting years delving into this murky case just to fold now, surely!
I'm feeling better and better about this with every passing day.
If I'm proved wrong I will know without a shadow of a doubt that the country is utterly corrupt and I'll seriously consider emigration.
Stay strong, fellow truth seekers.
Our time is coming I can feel it in my bones.

the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Age : 62
Location : upstairs
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  mossman on Sat 21 Apr - 10:52

I think the best we can hope for from this "programme" will be nothing more than a two second comment from the DCI on how SY are working in collaboration with the PJ, blah, blah. In other words, Panorama are using journalistic licence in their description of the programme and it will be nothing more than a small clip of Redwood with a prepared standardised statement.

Then cue the sad music, crickets, lighted swimming pool, view of 5a from tapas and a re-hash of the same old story.



mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  pennylane on Sat 21 Apr - 10:58

mossman wrote:I think the best we can hope for from this "programme" will be nothing more than a two second comment from the DCI on how SY are working in collaboration with the PJ, blah, blah. In other words, Panorama are using journalistic licence in their description of the programme and it will be nothing more than a small clip of Redwood with a prepared standardised statement.

Then cue the sad music, crickets, lighted swimming pool, view of 5a from tapas and a re-hash of the same old story.



Let's hope so, mossman! Finishing off by DCI Redwood stating "SY cannot comment any further whilst the review into Madeleine McCanns DISAPPEARANCE is ongoing!"

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Chris on Sat 21 Apr - 11:08

I wonder if DCI Redwood will comment on the latest "sighting".

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  mossman on Sat 21 Apr - 11:11

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:I think the best we can hope for from this "programme" will be nothing more than a two second comment from the DCI on how SY are working in collaboration with the PJ, blah, blah. In other words, Panorama are using journalistic licence in their description of the programme and it will be nothing more than a small clip of Redwood with a prepared standardised statement.

Then cue the sad music, crickets, lighted swimming pool, view of 5a from tapas and a re-hash of the same old story.



Let's hope so, mossman! Finishing off by DCI Redwood stating "SY cannot comment any further whilst the review into Madeleine McCanns DISAPPEARANCE is ongoing!"

Exactly
Taking a deep breath and thinking about it, we had to expect some programme given the time of year it is. The fact that there is a review, we have to expect it is referred to in some form or another. They ask for someone to appear to comment and get their request. By telling us he is appearing, well it has worked - it has created huge interest in the programme.

I really am hoping it will be some standardised blurb telling us how they are working together with the PJ and then whoosh. The tear jerking re-hash of the same old story i can live with, for now.

On the plus side, the wording of the programme description is at least positive and has deviated slightly from the usual pr mccann speak.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  marxman on Sat 21 Apr - 11:21

The thing about it is, we will not know
until it is broadcast, so all we can do is
wait and see.However, my positive side
thinks this maybe cage rattling and trying
to scare a few scared rabbits out of their
holes.
A few scared rabbits will be watching and
may run run run.

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Oldartform on Sat 21 Apr - 11:37

mara thon wrote:I'm afraid I too think it will be nothing but a whitewash and I also suspect that the Mccanns will see, or have seen, the programme before it's aired to ensure that everything will be as they want it. If it's a live programme then for sure they will have seen the scripts prior to the programme going out and will have ensured the script editing is in their favour. I can only see it as being yet more PR to put them in a good light and get some more money rolling in. I doubt we will watch it in this house, can't afford a new TV !

I agree that the Mcs may well have vetted it before it goes out because they did with the last programme that Panorama did with this journalist.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  NoStone on Sat 21 Apr - 11:49

I am sure Lord Harris and a good few other MP's will be interested in what's beiing said!

I wonder how you can establish the facts if you dont interview people and question themm about their previous statements!!??

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  almostgothic on Sat 21 Apr - 12:00

marxman wrote:The thing about it is, we will not know
until it is broadcast, so all we can do is
wait and see.However, my positive side
thinks this maybe cage rattling and trying
to scare a few scared rabbits out of their
holes.
A few scared rabbits will be watching and
may run run run.

I agree with you - the scared rabbits will be scrutinising every syllable Mr Redwood utters.
If he exudes confidence regarding his belief that he can nail this case, it'll be a bad hare day for the T9 bunnies.
Mr Redwood ain't daft, and I have a gut feeling that he's figured out how to get them just where he wants them ...

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Oldartform on Sat 21 Apr - 13:23

This programme will not have been passed for broadcasting without the McCanns permission - remember this is the BBC. Unless of course there has been a massive narrowing of the odds of them being sued.


Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  wjk on Sat 21 Apr - 13:34

the slave wrote:Come on Guys and Gals!!!! Buck up!!!
We haven't spent five long exhausting years delving into this murky case just to fold now, surely!
I'm feeling better and better about this with every passing day.
If I'm proved wrong I will know without a shadow of a doubt that the country is utterly corrupt and I'll seriously consider emigration.
Stay strong, fellow truth seekers.
Our time is coming I can feel it in my bones.

I won't be folding but I daren't get my hopes up again.
I just don't understand why Mr Redwood has agreed to take part in this programme while the review is still ongoing?

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  HiDeHo on Sat 21 Apr - 13:49

I uploaded Panorama from November 2007


HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Oldartform on Sat 21 Apr - 13:50

wjk wrote:
the slave wrote:Come on Guys and Gals!!!! Buck up!!!
We haven't spent five long exhausting years delving into this murky case just to fold now, surely!
I'm feeling better and better about this with every passing day.
If I'm proved wrong I will know without a shadow of a doubt that the country is utterly corrupt and I'll seriously consider emigration.
Stay strong, fellow truth seekers.
Our time is coming I can feel it in my bones.

I won't be folding but I daren't get my hopes up again.
I just don't understand why Mr Redwood has agreed to take part in this programme while the review is still ongoing?

Exactly how I feel wjk - trying to keep optimistic though.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  gillyspot on Sat 21 Apr - 14:06

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:This is now on the Panorama site : Andy Redwood is indeed to feature in the programme

Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior UK investigator, talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.

Thank you mossman.

Here we go!

This doesn't bode well (imho).

Thanks pennylane. We can take heart that the BBC only refer to the McCanns' being "adamant that their daughter was abducted" not stating the abduction as a fact. The BBC are generally cautious about stating something as a fact without evidence. Mind we still just have to wait and see.

As regards the Scotland Yard & PJ review I won't believe in their findings unless it is fully open and transparent and shows us (who are paying for it FGS) just WHERE and HOW they made their final decisions. Oh was that a pig flying past the window?

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum