Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Sky news

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  interested on Thu 26 Apr - 19:22

Claudia79 wrote:
chrissie wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
chrissie wrote:Martin Brunt has just tweeted:

martinbrunt ‏ @skymartinbrunt
Reply
RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite
· Close Open Details #McCann Is "hypotheses and speculation" a Portuguese attack on the integrity of Scot Yard's 195 leads?




Hummm, yeah?

Hi Claudia, I know the 'leads' are useless but I just didn't think Brunty should be stirring it up. Unless I've misunderstood the tweet...

He is clearly stirring it up. I think he should carry on. I'm fed up with diplomacy, to be honest. And I really believe that if it wasn't for the influence of diplomacy, this case would have been solved long ago.


My fear is the cover-up goes to the VERY TOP of the food chain and that's why it hasn't been solved.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Fern on Thu 26 Apr - 19:35

I was under the impression that these 195 'new' leads are what NSY have found from within the files so far therefore how can they be 'new' ?

Are they implying that the PJ missed these 'leads' altogether or that they were left without a satisfactory conclusion ?

I don't see how they can be considered as new unless its information they have encountered outside of the contents of the files.

Anyway, I'm quite confident the case will be reopened soon although I do have a feeling that there is going to be one heck of a 'twist'.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Fern on Thu 26 Apr - 19:42

interested wrote:
My fear is the cover-up goes to the VERY TOP of the food chain and that's why it hasn't been solved.

I don't believe this is the case at all otherwise the McCanns would have been 'shut-up' long ago instead of constantly drawing attention to the case and shouting from the roof tops at any given opportuntity.

If they posed ANY risk to the Government we'd have heard very little at all about the McCanns yet instead we've had the opposite in my opinion.


Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  kathybelle on Thu 26 Apr - 19:59

The news that the PJ aren't reopening the case, must be music to the McCanns ears. Goncalo Amaral once said, that the McCanns were the ones who requested the case was closed, so they're hardly likely to want the case reopening. The McCanns can carry on as they have done for the past 5yrs, begging for money and portraying themselves as the victims.

No doubt there are gullible people out there, who will still send them money and even buy the updated version, of Kate's book of filth and lies.

After watching last night's Panorama programme and listening to D.C.I Andy Redwood, saying what a privilege it was to help the McCanns, I don't believe McCanns will ever be brought to to justice. However all is not lost, I believe the twins will mete out their own justice, when they are old enough to understand what happened in Praia da Luz.


Last edited by kathybelle on Thu 26 Apr - 20:07; edited 1 time in total

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  kitti on Thu 26 Apr - 20:05

I wonder if the new book will have anything in there about the new 'evidence'.....or about what redwood has been spouting ....that would make me wonder that the mccanns knew about all this weeks ago.....wonder if it will have the age progressed picture in there, the one we only saw 1 or 2 days ago......wonder if redwood and mccanns are in each others pockets.....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Apr - 20:07

I don't share your pessimism at all, Kitti - I was pleasantly surprised by just how well he distanced himself from Healy & McCann whilst still maintaining a degree of sincerity and caring lest the pro community got all hot and bothered.


And the stuff about the PJ not opening the case is hardly surprising either.

They don't act on the say so of the BBC and they have been very clear to qualify their comment with "for now" or "at the moment".

It's totally neutral, as it should be.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  maive on Thu 26 Apr - 20:23

The End Is Nigh wrote:I don't share your pessimism at all, Kitti - I was pleasantly surprised by just how well he distanced himself from Healy & McCann whilst still maintaining a degree of sincerity and caring lest the pro community got all hot and bothered.


And the stuff about the PJ not opening the case is hardly surprising either.

They don't act on the say so of the BBC and they have been very clear to qualify their comment with "for now" or "at the moment".

It's totally neutral, as it should be.

I am with you!

We have to look at the big picture, not just small parts of it!

I think we have many small victories, despite how it looks! Each side stays neutral, for the public/media, but under the carpet, both police forces are on the same side : to establish what happened to MBM. After all, they are a community, all policemen, they can see what's going on..

maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Location : Quebec
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  MaryB on Thu 26 Apr - 21:09

I recall on the Panorama programme I think somebody said the diplomats should get involved to put pressure on. Well I tlhought it was a police job to solve crimes not the diplomats. But still. And also 195 leads when only a quarter of the files have been looked through. And if it has taken them a year to look through a quarter then it will be another three years till they've finished. And perhaps another 600 leads. It looks like this is going to go on and on and on and on. And the most important lead might be in the very last few pages of the files. So that will take another three years to reach at the current rate of progress. Am I the only person thinking what's going on.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Apr - 21:15

I don't for a moment believe that they are not prioritising their documentary review according to the weight of undisputed Evidence and high quality Intelligence. Why liaise with the Portuguese so closely and regularly otherwise?

Have faith!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Fern on Thu 26 Apr - 21:26

MaryB wrote:I recall on the Panorama programme I think somebody said the diplomats should get involved to put pressure on. Well I tlhought it was a police job to solve crimes not the diplomats. But still. And also 195 leads when only a quarter of the files have been looked through. And if it has taken them a year to look through a quarter then it will be another three years till they've finished. And perhaps another 600 leads. It looks like this is going to go on and on and on and on. And the most important lead might be in the very last few pages of the files. So that will take another three years to reach at the current rate of progress. Am I the only person thinking what's going on.

Surely they're not suggesting that the PJ have missed these these altogether ?

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  matthew on Thu 26 Apr - 21:46

#McCann Case : Madeleine McCann Could Be Living With Her Abductor Claim Scotland Yard.
Yes, She May Very Well Be !



http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mccann-case-madeleine-mccann-could-be.html

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 43
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Guest on Thu 26 Apr - 22:03

Indeed - disposal of a cadaver is not necessarily burial.

And ashes are so much easier to carry home.

Undetected.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  mossman on Thu 26 Apr - 22:06

First chance to catch up today and my oh my so much to read.

I think the Portugese will play their cards very very close to their chest. I think this because my impression of the way things work there, they do not seem prone to big public fanfare type announcements about anything. Remember that wonderful old phrase of Gerrys "judicial secrecy". They quite obviously have their own way of working and I think unlike SY and others they will stick to their guns and do things their way, they will not bend to suit those who shout loudest.

Also, they will want to do things alone this time, not be annoyed by outside interference. By putting up a fight in relation to re-opening the case they might at least be in a position to demand they do things their way or no way.

Given the bashing they got and the keystone cops image the press are trying to portray, I think they will take this forward when they are confident the direction they are going in is right. They will want closure and they will want it to be quick and correct.

I do not think for one minute they have changed their mind about their conclusions the last time. But they need to get it right, so I think they will review that amongst themselves first, be satisfied that is all correct and then formally annouce what they are going to do.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Krisy22 on Thu 26 Apr - 22:13

New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation' Share
Comments (0)
Share the post
New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation'

Delicious Newsvine Digg Facebook Google Bookmarks Live Mixx MySpace Reddit Stumble Upon Technorati Twitter Yahoo Bookmarks Yahoo MyWeb
Martin Brunt
April 26, 2012 8:39 PM

Recommend post (2)

After the positive thrust of Scotland Yard's ongoing review of the Madeleine McCann case comes a damning statement from the Portuguese Attorney-General.

The Yard said it had found 195 leads worth following up - mostly from the abandoned Portuguese inquiry - and urged the Lisbon judiciary to reopen the case.

But Portugal's legal chief says: "the case will only be reopened if there are credible and relevant new facts, not mere hypotheses and speculation.

!
portuguese government was said to be more willing than the last to consider reopening the investigation, given the widespread criticism of the original and failed inquiry.

Even my old friend Amaral, fired for criticising the Brits, admitted this week that he could have done better when he headed the first investigation.


Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  mossman on Thu 26 Apr - 22:20

Krisy22 wrote:New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation' Share
Comments (0)
Share the post
New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation'

Delicious Newsvine Digg Facebook Google Bookmarks Live Mixx MySpace Reddit Stumble Upon Technorati Twitter Yahoo Bookmarks Yahoo MyWeb
Martin Brunt
April 26, 2012 8:39 PM

Recommend post (2)

After the positive thrust of Scotland Yard's ongoing review of the Madeleine McCann case comes a damning statement from the Portuguese Attorney-General.

The Yard said it had found 195 leads worth following up - mostly from the abandoned Portuguese inquiry - and urged the Lisbon judiciary to reopen the case.

But Portugal's legal chief says: "the case will only be reopened if there are credible and relevant new facts, not mere hypotheses and speculation.

!
portuguese government was said to be more willing than the last to consider reopening the investigation, given the widespread criticism of the original and failed inquiry.

Even my old friend Amaral, fired for criticising the Brits, admitted this week that he could have done better when he headed the first investigation.



I think the PJ are correct is not bending to SY, if they want them to re-open on the basis of Madeleine being alive and abducted and they clearly do not believe it, why should they spend time, money and energy on going in a direction they do not believe to be true. It is their investigation.

Who knows what mistakes Amaral was referring to - it could well be he was talking about letting the UK police help them day one !

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  tanszi on Thu 26 Apr - 22:25

it was Alan Johnson former Home Secretary who suggested that a diplomatic charm offensive should be aimed at the Portuguese to reopen the case, and he thought the treatment of the McCanns was disgraceful. This is the type of person who thinks that political interference is all is needed to put things right for the McCs, sod judiciary or fact, apply political pressure. Its already happened, it didnt work, it seems to have caused havoc. Go read the files before making any further comment please.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Krisy22 on Thu 26 Apr - 22:26

mossman wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation' Share
Comments (0)
Share the post
New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation'

Delicious Newsvine Digg Facebook Google Bookmarks Live Mixx MySpace Reddit Stumble Upon Technorati Twitter Yahoo Bookmarks Yahoo MyWeb
Martin Brunt
April 26, 2012 8:39 PM

Recommend post (2)

After the positive thrust of Scotland Yard's ongoing review of the Madeleine McCann case comes a damning statement from the Portuguese Attorney-General.

The Yard said it had found 195 leads worth following up - mostly from the abandoned Portuguese inquiry - and urged the Lisbon judiciary to reopen the case.

But Portugal's legal chief says: "the case will only be reopened if there are credible and relevant new facts, not mere hypotheses and speculation.

!
portuguese government was said to be more willing than the last to consider reopening the investigation, given the widespread criticism of the original and failed inquiry.

Even my old friend Amaral, fired for criticising the Brits, admitted this week that he could have done better when he headed the first investigation.



I think the PJ are correct is not bending to SY, if they want them to re-open on the basis of Madeleine being alive and abducted and they clearly do not believe it, why should they spend time, money and energy on going in a direction they do not believe to be true. It is their investigation.

Who knows what mistakes Amaral was referring to - it could well be he was talking about letting the UK police help them day one !


Quite agree with you mossman. Think M B just stirs it up... never really saying anything positive. IMO.

Love your posts by the way.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  tanszi on Thu 26 Apr - 22:29

absolutely mossman several posters, me included, believe that Goncalo Amarals response was edited. I think he was going to explain what the mistakes were but was edited out because it didnt fit. jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  mossman on Thu 26 Apr - 22:33

Krisy22 wrote:
mossman wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation' Share
Comments (0)
Share the post
New Madeleine Leads Slammed As 'Speculation'

Delicious Newsvine Digg Facebook Google Bookmarks Live Mixx MySpace Reddit Stumble Upon Technorati Twitter Yahoo Bookmarks Yahoo MyWeb
Martin Brunt
April 26, 2012 8:39 PM

Recommend post (2)

After the positive thrust of Scotland Yard's ongoing review of the Madeleine McCann case comes a damning statement from the Portuguese Attorney-General.

The Yard said it had found 195 leads worth following up - mostly from the abandoned Portuguese inquiry - and urged the Lisbon judiciary to reopen the case.

But Portugal's legal chief says: "the case will only be reopened if there are credible and relevant new facts, not mere hypotheses and speculation.

!
portuguese government was said to be more willing than the last to consider reopening the investigation, given the widespread criticism of the original and failed inquiry.

Even my old friend Amaral, fired for criticising the Brits, admitted this week that he could have done better when he headed the first investigation.



I think the PJ are correct is not bending to SY, if they want them to re-open on the basis of Madeleine being alive and abducted and they clearly do not believe it, why should they spend time, money and energy on going in a direction they do not believe to be true. It is their investigation.

Who knows what mistakes Amaral was referring to - it could well be he was talking about letting the UK police help them day one !


Quite agree with you mossman. Think M B just stirs it up... never really saying anything positive. IMO.

Love your posts by the way.

Thank you very much

I wish somebody would abduct MB, he is as much use as a chocolate teapot. Where has he been these last years when he could have been doing some proper investigative journalism with this case ? No where to be found.

I will never forget that day in Portugal when he appeared on Sky saying the dna evidence from the boot was sufficient to charge Kate and he had it on good authority it was happening. It is an image so clear in my mind. He has never again mentioned it, seems to have forgotten it. Just whooshed from his head. Muppet.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  marxman on Thu 26 Apr - 22:35

"In increments my dear Watson, increments"
Watch! The Panarama prog slipped in a lot
of stuff.... not normally their style.
Next week another doc from BBC.
GA's books released.
I feel quietly optimistic that the UK is being
prepared for the eventual truth being known.
And our jaws may hit the floor!!

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  mossman on Thu 26 Apr - 22:39

Is there another Panorama programme or the same one repeated ?

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  matthew on Thu 26 Apr - 22:39

marxman wrote:"In increments my dear Watson, increments"
Watch! The Panarama prog slipped in a lot
of stuff.... not normally their style.
Next week another doc from BBC.
GA's books released.
I feel quietly optimistic that the UK is being
prepared for the eventual truth being known.
And our jaws may hit the floor!!

Is there a prog next week,possibily was last nights panorama reshcedueled??

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 43
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  kathybelle on Thu 26 Apr - 22:40

tanszi wrote:it was Alan Johnson former Home Secretary who suggested that a diplomatic charm offensive should be aimed at the Portuguese to reopen the case, and he thought the treatment of the McCanns was disgraceful. This is the type of person who thinks that political interference is all is needed to put things right for the McCs, sod judiciary or fact, apply political pressure. Its already happened, it didnt work, it seems to have caused havoc. Go read the files before making any further comment please.

I used to work for Royal Mail and Alan Johnson was the head of our Union. His ambition was always to go into politics, he colluded with the Labour Government, to sell the postal workers down the river. He was rewarded by being selected to stand for Parliament in the safe seat of Hull. He won and as far as I know, he is still the MP for Hull.

Johnson had played many dirty tricks on the postal workers, but he played the dirtiest trick of all on us, when he sold us down the river, so he could enter Parliament and eventually become an MP.

No wonder Johnson supports the McCanns, he and they are birds of a feather.


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  marxman on Thu 26 Apr - 22:45

matthew wrote:
marxman wrote:"In increments my dear Watson, increments"
Watch! The Panarama prog slipped in a lot
of stuff.... not normally their style.
Next week another doc from BBC.
GA's books released.
I feel quietly optimistic that the UK is being
prepared for the eventual truth being known.
And our jaws may hit the floor!!

Is there a prog next week,possibily was last nights panorama reshcedueled??

It is my belief that another doc is going out
next week.

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  tanszi on Thu 26 Apr - 22:46

i understand its a repeat of this week, unless its pulled because of the content.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky news

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:51


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum