Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby

+5
chrissie
AnnaEsse
wjk
tigger
princess_leia
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby

Post  Panda Thu 21 Mar - 10:18

Thanks chrissie, I thought Mosely had been charged with the Philpotts? Maybe he didn't want the publicity of his sexual activies being reported.Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 Empty Re: Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby

Post  chrissie Thu 21 Mar - 10:32

Panda wrote:Thanks chrissie, I thought Mosely had been charged with the Philpotts? Maybe he didn't want the publicity of his sexual activies being reported.Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 25346

Hi Panda, yes he was charged. Too late re his sexual activities Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 294124
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 21 Mar - 10:37

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2145210/Derby-house-Mick-Philpott-father-17-lost-SIX-children-talks-time.html

Go down to the end for a clip of their press conference. It's significant to me that, right at the beginning as Mick is being shown in, he waits till he sees the camera before putting a handkerchief to his face; the gesture was just for show. It then looks as if he's smiling but I could be wrong about that.

I'd like to know who was laughing - and why - in the audience as the couple left at the end.

It was phillpot as he was going out the door at the end.....he was 'blubbering'
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Mar - 10:40

chrissie wrote:
Panda wrote:Thanks chrissie, I thought Mosely had been charged with the Philpotts? Maybe he didn't want the publicity of his sexual activies being reported.Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 25346

Hi Panda, yes he was charged. Too late re his sexual activities Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 294124

I don't mean to be rude chrissie but the Philpotts are not what you would call blessed with looks and intelligence and it's hard to imagine an erotic threesome.....is there a photo of mosely?Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 21 Mar - 10:50

I know you weren't been rude Panda.

Here you go, the fragrant trio, Paul is on the right Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 23324

Woman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 _64817975_philpotts
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Mar - 11:07

Thanks chrissie, actually, he looks a bit like Philpott. Mrs Philpott looks cowed and as others here have said, no way was Philpott shedding tears when he was in the Witness box.

I do find it hard though to believe that any Parents would deliberately kill their 5 children .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 21 Mar - 11:44

I think they look alike too. Can't imagine wanting to sleep with someone who hadn't washed for three months (although I suspect this may have been fabricated to try and explain the petrol on his clothes).

I think it was a plan to get a bigger house which tragically went very wrong.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 21 Mar - 12:39

Rob Watts ‏@Rob_Watts 10m

Latham QC also says Paul Mosley's decision not to give evidence is significant. Says Paul's attitude is "you prove it if you can". #Philpott
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 21 Mar - 13:51

The picture of Mairead was from the police press conference a few days after the fire so that explains her demeanour - whether or not she was genuinely distraught is open to question though.

I'd noticed the resemblance between Mick and their neighbour too.

For those with a strong stomach, here's a reminder of the family's appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show where it does seem as if both she and Lisa are controlled by Mick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUcwsdkLdc

I think that, with Mick's "character", the most likely reason for the fire was to blame it on Lisa and get revenge on her for leaving him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Mar - 14:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The picture of Mairead was from the police press conference a few days after the fire so that explains her demeanour - whether or not she was genuinely distraught is open to question though.

For those with a strong stomach, here's a reminder of the family's appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show where it does seem as if both she and Lisa are controlled by Mick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUcwsdkLdc

I think that, with Mick's "character", the most likely reason for the fire was to blame it on Lisa and get revenge on her for leaving him.

Hi Sherlock, thanks for the findWoman arrested after 5 children die in fire in Derby - Page 4 25346

There's a difference in his Wifes's appearance , to be fair, both attactive youg women who certainly could have done better, at least Lisa had the sense to leave him although she now has to care for their 4 children.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 21 Mar - 14:34

And she's the lucky one who still has all her 5 children - the oldest wasn't Mick's but was being brought up as one of his own, the same as Mairead's first son Duwayne.

If you can believe Mairead's testimony, she'd had a dreadful childhood, beaten and abused, and Mick seemed to offer an escape from that. I won't be surprised if Lisa's story is much the same.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 21 Mar - 14:40

For anyone interested, you can follow the court proceedings here:

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Philpott-trial-Live-updates-Derby-manslaughter/story-18483368-detail/story.html#axzz2OBGTGmIc

Yes NBY, it does sound like she'd been through a terrible time.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 27 Mar - 11:05

The judge is expected to finish her summing up today then the jury will be sent out. That's one jury I wouldn't like to be on.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 27 Mar - 16:07

chrissie wrote:The judge is expected to finish her summing up today then the jury will be sent out. That's one jury I wouldn't like to be on.
Thanks chrissie,
4.15pm The trial has been adjourned until 10am on Friday.

Read more: http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Philpott-trial-Live-updates-Derby-manslaughter/story-18483368-detail/story.html#ixzz2OkyrIG59
Follow us: @DerbyshireNews on Twitter | thisisderbyshirenews on Facebook
So there is another ex Heather Kehoe!!! To be honest Philpott is no oil painting so what the attraction was is hard to imagine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 27 Mar - 16:16

Hi Panda, the jury have been sent home, due to return on Tuesday, after the Easter break.

ThisisDerbyshire ‏@DerbyTelegraph 9s Philpott trial: Jury given until 4.25pm to reach verdict before court adjourned for Easter break http://ow.ly/jtayy #philpottstrial
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 27 Mar - 16:21

Heather Kehoe is the mother of Mick's two teenage boys.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/derby-house-fire-trial-mick-1709936

Another one who started a relationship when she was in her teens and he was in his 30s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 27 Mar - 16:30

Thanks NBY. Such a tangled web for those children, what a life!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 27 Mar - 16:37

Yes, thanks NBY......these were attractive Women and even if they did have a rough time as children they would have met young men and mabe formed relationships. Not only was Philpott very good looking but he sired children leaving the Women to have the responsibility of looking after them.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 2 Apr - 16:04

Darshna Soni ‏@darshnasoni 1m
We're at Nottingham Crown Court, Mick and Mairead Philpott guilty of killing children in Derby house fire #c4news
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 2 Apr - 18:07

Bastards!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 2 Apr - 18:17

Majority 10-2......

How can 2 think their innocent or are unsure.

I hope HE gets 20 years.

SHE should get 10 years because she is thick and was brainwashed into doing it.

Then other man should also get 20 years because he bragged about it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 2 Apr - 18:22

And why manslaughter?

It was premeditated and they must off known that something could off gone wrong.....getting 6 kids out off a burning house using petrol was a disaster waiting to happen.

It should be murder because they murdered those children.

Their idiots if they ever thought they could not only get away with it but get all those children out in a space off ?.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 2 Apr - 18:29

Mick Phillpot 'excited by media'

By Lisa Dowd, Midlands Correspondent
A senior police officer has told Sky News he suspected that Mick Philpott had started the fire which killed six of his children as he watched his reactions during a news conference.

Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cotterill, from Derbyshire Police, said officers were surprised when Philpott, 56, wanted to speak to the media five days after fire, but they went along with it.

Mr Cotterill said his misgivings were betrayed in a single photograph, taken as he sat alongside Mick, and his wife Mairead.

He said: "In one particular photograph, what I saw there was a guy who was sat there pretending to cry and I've described it as a bit of a sham of a performance and I didn't believe that he was genuinely overcome by grief.

"I thought he was playing to the cameras."

Mr Cotterill said prior to the press conference Philpott seemed "overly excited by the prospect of going to face the media given what had taken place and given that he had lost six of his children in that fire".

Floral tributes left outside the family home
During the conference Philpott thanked neighbours in Derby for trying to rescue the youngsters who were asleep upstairs.

But a short time afterwards Mr Cotterill witnessed Philpott ask a family liaison officer to marry him.

He said: "That was just an inappropriate comment in my view which I dealt with and took him to task over."

He also saw Philpott fake a faint, describing how he "found him lying on the floor being attended to by other officers".

He added: "Now, having seen people overcome by grief and unable to stand, what I was presented with was nothing like that.

"It was more or less childlike if I'm being honest with you, playing around on the floor, and I think that was borne out by the fact that 10 or 20 seconds later he was back up on his feet and, dare I say it, back to his normal self."

Mr Cotterill, who led the investigation into the deaths, said he has "very little sympathy" for the Philpotts.

He said: "The duty of parents is to look after their children, protect them from harm, not to put them in harm's way purposely for whatever half-baked idea this was and to set a fire in that manner, use petrol to do so, and then run outside screaming for help and for people to try and rescue them and make some half-cocked attempt to try and rescue them yourself.

"I don't believe he did anything whatsoever to save those children. Otherwise why was he able to walk away from that fire in one piece?

"I would have thought as the father of those children he would have paid the ultimate sacrifice."

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 2 Apr - 19:02

TONIGHT THERE ARE SEVERAL PROGRAMMES ABOUT THE PHILPOTT CASE,INSTEAD OF WHAT IN TV GUIDE,GOING TO GET A BIT CONFUSING.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next