Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

+21
Lillyofthevalley
AnnaEsse
tanszi
almostgothic
Alfiefinn
mossman
mumbles
kitti
maebee
Wallflower
Oldartform
HiDeHo
Badboy
Panda
Chris
comperedna
Justiceforallkids
gillyspot
want the truth
princess_leia
margaret
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  almostgothic Fri 11 May - 15:15

I don't think, in personal terms, RB could have cared less whether the McCanns sunk or swam.
But in career and money terms - a different story.

If I were as devious as she is (cough), this would be the plan:

Milk the abduction story for all it's worth for as long as the Ms remain popular.
Monitor situation and note tipping point when public popularity starts to wane and suspicion begins to kick in.
At this point, connive by whatever means to get review started. Politicians are so easy to blackmail. Book launch/serialisation added bonus.
Much trumpeting, increased sales, kudos for NI, it was the Scum wot dunnit.
If Ms swim, carry on as before, more dosh opps for both parties.
If Ms sink, whole new ball game for hacks but more dosh again.
Move swiftly on to next 'famous' slimeball with dirt to hide.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 11 May - 15:17

almostgothic wrote:I don't think, in personal terms, RB could have cared less whether the McCanns sunk or swam.

Milk the abduction story for all it's worth for as long as the Ms remain popular.
Monitor situation and note tipping point when public popularity starts to wane and suspicion begins to kick in.
At this point, connive by whatever means to get review started. Politicians are so easy to blackmail. Book launch/serialisation added bonus.

hey AG i have been watching her all night my time she is a liar!!!!!!!! no wonder she and the murdochs got on so well!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Fri 11 May - 15:46

almostgothic wrote:Note her appearance for the Inquiry - the usual Pre-Raphaelite barnet plus the wittle black dress with the wittle white collar and cuffs. Smiling coyly at Jay and peering myopically at him under her eyebrows.

Contriving a picture of beyond-parody flirtatious innocence - except nobody's fooled by her transparent tricks.

If Sideshow Bob had married Mick Hucknall's granny, she would have been the result ...

Why doesn't she slap on a bit of under eye concealer though? That's what I can't understand.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 May - 15:49

Wallflower wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Note her appearance for the Inquiry - the usual Pre-Raphaelite barnet plus the wittle black dress with the wittle white collar and cuffs. Smiling coyly at Jay and peering myopically at him under her eyebrows.

Contriving a picture of beyond-parody flirtatious innocence - except nobody's fooled by her transparent tricks.

If Sideshow Bob had married Mick Hucknall's granny, she would have been the result ...

Why doesn't she slap on a bit of under eye concealer though? That's what I can't understand.

Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Prehome_img2
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Fri 11 May - 15:50

almostgothic wrote:I don't think, in personal terms, RB could have cared less whether the McCanns sunk or swam.

Very logical, but so far teh "review" is looking like a whitewash. And aren't the Sun afraid of looking just a little bit naive and/or helpers of a couple of egocentric, murdering psychos if the truth does come out? If the truth does see the light of day, they are hardly going to be able to say WE didn't know anything about it? are they?
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 11 May - 16:19

Do we know if RB knew KM before May 2007? Why I ask is the co-incidence of them both being the same age and growing up within 4 miles of each other in Liverpool, though I believe they attended different schools.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 11 May - 16:24

I watched her performance today and she is a very slippery and slick operator, frequently not answering the questions but throwing in confusion and vagueness - both Jay and Leveson must have picked up on this. Smoke and mirrors operating once more.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 11 May - 16:26

Justiceforallkids wrote:what is this true baby P lived in a house with a known rapist?????????

The stepfather raped baby peters sister.....she was two at the time.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 11 May - 16:28

Wallflower wrote:
kitti wrote:Off course they were hacked and their emails were hacked too.

Remember the headline......mccanns emails prove that Madeleine is dead...ok they added that the pj believe that the emails may reveal...but nonetheless...it was printed.

I think you're probably right Kitti.

Do you have a scan/link/reference to that story/headline?

It was in 2007 that the pj believe the emails reveal that there is a possibility that Madeleine is dead.....I don't have a link sorry
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 May - 16:32

kitti wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:what is this true baby P lived in a house with a known rapist?????????

The stepfather raped baby peters sister.....she was two at the time.

That didn't become known until after Peter's death. I think the person referred to is the stepfather's brother.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 11 May - 16:43

No.......the rapist was the stepfather ...the brother is walking free at the moment for serving his sentence for aiding and abetting in the death off baby Peter along with his mother...

Now did they believe that the child was raped....we will never know the fall extent off what happened in that house, all I know is, he's serving a long sentence for the rape and a short sentence for being involved in peters death.

Last edited by kitti on Fri 11 May - 16:48; edited 1 time in total
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 Empty I put a piece on Leverson on the 'how many influential people do you know'

Post  comperedna Fri 11 May - 16:48

Perhaps it is in the wrong place. If so I'm sorry. Please shift it mods, if you think it is worth it... On the other hand it was tied into Mrs Needham's lack of advantages in this respect... Ms Brooks is a very smart operator indeed, but she doesn't take in the inquisitor, or Leverson himself...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 11 May - 16:52

I thought the most telling bit of her evidence was in respect of Sarah's Law and the publication of offenders names. Jay tried several angles of attack to draw her before finally making it a simple "Would you have done it if you had known it would result in attacks etc" or WTTE. She even fudged the direct question but you could almost read "Yes" written on her forehead and I don't find it a big leap to a wish it might happen. I personally think she is quite capable of "threatening" politicians with the full weight of the Murdoch press behind her.

Last edited by Chris on Fri 11 May - 16:56; edited 1 time in total
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 11 May - 16:54

What a sly manipulative cunning fox she comes over as. But don't think anybody was fooled. But it looks as if her days of pushing people around like pawns on a chessboard are over. But I don't expect she will suffer any consequences. I wonder if anybody kept a count on the number of times she said 'I can't remember'.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Fri 11 May - 16:57

You are right Chris, I am sure about that!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Fri 11 May - 16:58

and Mary B too!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 11 May - 19:02

I was out most of the day so only saw the beginning but the bit I saw proved that Rebekah was not in awe of the inquiry and Jay was resigned to not getting much info from her. I thought the McCanns received £200,000 from the Sun for the serialisation of the book and £800,000 from the Times.
Does anyone know what the £800,000 was for?

Why would Rebekah have Dinner 3 times with Tony Blair on her own? While she was married to the tough guy from Eastenders, she occasioned him bodily harm but he dropped the charges. Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 294124 I wonder if she opted for a surrugate Mother because she was too busy to go through a pregnancy.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 May - 19:12

Never trust someone who cannot spell their own name correctly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 11 May - 19:24

I think hers is the original biblical spelling.
But it would be interesting to know if she was baptised with that name or if she changed it from the Anglicised version to 'stand out' from all the other Rebeccas.
As Barbra Streisand did with Barbara.

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 11 May - 19:34

almostgothic wrote:I think hers is the original biblical spelling.
But it would be interesting to know if she was baptised with that name or if she changed it from the Anglicised version to 'stand out' from all the other Rebeccas.

Her registered birth record uses the "k" spelling.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 11 May - 19:40

Thanks for that, Chris!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Fri 11 May - 20:12

Chris wrote:

How d'you know that, Chris? Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 310829 Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 424625
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 11 May - 21:12

Wallflower wrote:
Chris wrote:

How d'you know that, Chris? Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 310829 Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 424625

I hired a private detective and he blagged it for me.

(The alternative explanation is I have an Ancestry subscription) Rebekah Brooks McCanns being discussed now on Leveson - Page 2 25346
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 11 May - 22:54

Thanks Annabel, I tried to copy and paste a sentence but it doesn.t work. It was the bit about all Staff when they joined being given a Handbook on
standards.....that's rrich.!!!

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next