Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always the family

+27
malena stool
chrissie
dazedandconfused
cass
Loveday
T4two
LJC
Chris
pennylane
marxman
kathybelle
Roasted Arizona
Justiceforallkids
fedrules
Wintabells
tigger
princess_leia
xtina
gillyspot
kitti
Lioned
Ang
Palmeras16
interested
susible
welshy
mossman
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Always the family Empty Always the family

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 29 May - 12:50

So, Mick philpott and wife now arrested , not charged, on suspicion of murdering their six kids in that house fire....sad sad sad
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
Always the family Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Always the family Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Always the family Empty Re: Always the family

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 29 May - 12:54

i saw this and its shocking in jail if they did it they will get beaten to death imo
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 29 May - 13:30

I'm wondering if they've been arrested because they perhaps weren't in the house when the fire was started? I think I read a report suggesting that they were sleeping in the caravan outside, so perhaps they've been arrested on suspicion of negligence, not that they started the fire themselves? The alternative, ie. that he/she/they deliberately set fire to the house is, well.... unthinkable.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 29 May - 13:37

This is just too terrible to even begin to imagine. If true, it begs the question as to why people refuse to consider the possibility that Madeleine McCann was not abducted. That is what I cannot understand. People hurt their children every single day, what is now being suggested happened with these six children is so far off the radar in peoples minds, yet there would appear to be a real possibility it might have happened, in the minds of the police at any rate. Yet the amount of people refusing to wonder about Madeleine is astounding, and the attitude of SY even more so.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 29 May - 13:45

Wintabells wrote:I'm wondering if they've been arrested because they perhaps weren't in the house when the fire was started? I think I read a report suggesting that they were sleeping in the caravan outside, so perhaps they've been arrested on suspicion of negligence, not that they started the fire themselves? The alternative, ie. that he/she/they deliberately set fire to the house is, well.... unthinkable.
They've been arrested on suspicion of murder, Wintabells.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 29 May - 13:57

Petrol was put through the door, wasn't it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 29 May - 14:00

kitti wrote:Petrol was put through the door, wasn't it.
Thats what the police said, yes, kitti.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 29 May - 14:55

Always the family 87849 I have just seen this on the news and am very shocked. I know that they had asked for a bigger home but cant imagine them taking a risk with the kids in the house. Shocking!!!
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 29 May - 15:08

I remember about them asking for a bigger house..and being turned down for it, but like you Welshy, I can't imagine them taking a risk with the kids in the house, as they truly seemed to love those kids dearly, but perhaps they were just unaware how quickly smoke inhalation can kill, particularly young children and that a house blaze can very quickly get totally out of control (another point I have always made about the Mc's leaving the kids in the apartment, it could very easily have been all three of them gone!)

Very sad though...poor kids
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 29 May - 15:13

susible wrote:I remember about them asking for a bigger house..and being turned down for it, but like you Welshy, I can't imagine them taking a risk with the kids in the house, as they truly seemed to love those kids dearly, but perhaps they were just unaware how quickly smoke inhalation can kill, particularly young children and that a house blaze can very quickly get totally out of control (another point I have always made about the Mc's leaving the kids in the apartment, it could very easily have been all three of them gone!)

a few years ag omy sister was going away and was rushing to get to her flight she put a crumpet on our over grill for breakfast and forgot about it went out the door and me and my younger brother were sleeping anyway our smoke alarms didnt go off and i woke uo to our whole house ful lof plastic smoke from the gril part of the oven plastic melting and smoke coming under my door if the smell of the smoke had not woke me up then the kitchen and house would have caught fire and me and my brother would have died it was the most scary moment of my life i cant imagine what the kids went though

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Tue 29 May - 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 29 May - 15:15

Justiceforallkids wrote:
susible wrote:I remember about them asking for a bigger house..and being turned down for it, but like you Welshy, I can't imagine them taking a risk with the kids in the house, as they truly seemed to love those kids dearly, but perhaps they were just unaware how quickly smoke inhalation can kill, particularly young children and that a house blaze can very quickly get totally out of control (another point I have always made about the Mc's leaving the kids in the apartment, it could very easily have been all three of them gone!)

a few years agomy sister was going away and wa rushing to get to her flight she put a crumpet on our over grill and forgot about ti went out the door and me and my younger brother were sleeping anyway our smoke alarms didnt go off and i woke uo to our whole house fullof plastic smoke from the gril part of the oven plastic melting and smoke coming under my door if the smoke ahd not woke me up then the kitchen and house would have caught fire and me and my brother would have died

Yes, the McCanns felt that it was so safe there in Praia da Luz. No one had told those two doctors, apparently, that children can choke and die very quickly, or that they could be at serious risk should a fire break out. Fancy that!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 29 May - 15:18

Well if the Philpotts are behind this, even if it was a case of them not being in the house, then we'll have to see how the public react or whether it will be deemed by the majority that "they've sufferered enough" Somehow don't think so...
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 29 May - 15:20

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:

a few years agomy sister was going away and wa rushing to get to her flight she put a crumpet on our over grill and forgot about ti went out the door and me and my younger brother were sleeping anyway our smoke alarms didnt go off and i woke uo to our whole house fullof plastic smoke from the gril part of the oven plastic melting and smoke coming under my door if the smoke ahd not woke me up then the kitchen and house would have caught fire and me and my brother would have died

Yes, the McCanns felt that it was so safe there in Praia da Luz. No one had told those two doctors, apparently, that children can choke and die very quickly, or that they could be at serious risk should a fire break out. Fancy that!

the thing is too in a fire its not usally burns that kill its the smoke when you are in a deep sleep you may not wake up i hope those kids were asleep and just didnt wake up
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 29 May - 15:35

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:

I don't believe for one minute the McCanns thought it was safe to leave their children unsuperised when they went out, because as doctors, they would have known the perils of leaving young children unsupervised for any lenth of time. When they were newly qualified medics, they would have worked in a teaching hospital. It's highly likely, that they would either have come across, or heard about children who had been harmed or even killed, because their parents or guardians, had left them unsupervised, when they went out for any length of time.

However one doesn't have to be a doctor to know that a child can become ill or have an accident, when they are left alone for any length of time, especially when they are toddlers. You only need to take your eye off them for a minute and they can have an accident.

If the McCanns left their children unsupervised, when they went out to dine, they made a conscious decision to leave them unsupervised. If the McCanns were speaking the truth, when they said Madeleine told them she and Sean cried, the night before she disappeared, they still went out that night and left them unsupervised.

The McCann had said on previous nights, their checks were every 30 minutes, which was unacceptable. However on the night Madeleine disappeared, each of the McCanns made one check, Gerry's was at 21:05 and Kate's was at 22:00hrs. If they were speaking the truth their checks were 55 minutes apart, this is absolutely appalling. Of the ones who were supposedly checking the McCanns children, in between the McCanns checks, one said they listened at the window and another said he didn't go into the childrens bedroom, but he saw the twins.

How ironic that Madeleine should vanish on the evening after the morning she had told her parents, what happened the previous evening. Always assuming the McCanns were speaking the truth.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 29 May - 15:39

hang on if he didnt go in the kids room how did he see the twins???
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 29 May - 15:50

mossman wrote:This is just too terrible to even begin to imagine. If true, it begs the question as to why people refuse to consider the possibility that Madeleine McCann was not abducted. That is what I cannot understand. People hurt their children every single day, what is now being suggested happened with these six children is so far off the radar in peoples minds, yet there would appear to be a real possibility it might have happened, in the minds of the police at any rate. Yet the amount of people refusing to wonder about Madeleine is astounding, and the attitude of SY even more so.

I've just read this news and sad and terrible as it sounds I agree with "mossman". "...the amount of people refusing to wonder about Madeleine is astounding...." Horrible as it sounds people DO harm their children and the authorities are well aware of that fact.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 29 May - 15:56

Justiceforallkids wrote:hang on if he didnt go in the kids room how did he see the twins???

That's what I thought, because from what I've seen of the photographs, you would have to go into the children's room to see the twins.

However there is another twist to the story of the checks, because the mother of one of the Tapas group, Diane Webster, is alleged to have told the police, that each couple was responsible for checking their own children. You can read more on this article in the files.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 29 May - 16:14

wjk wrote:
Wintabells wrote:I'm wondering if they've been arrested because they perhaps weren't in the house when the fire was started? I think I read a report suggesting that they were sleeping in the caravan outside, so perhaps they've been arrested on suspicion of negligence, not that they started the fire themselves? The alternative, ie. that he/she/they deliberately set fire to the house is, well.... unthinkable.
They've been arrested on suspicion of murder, Wintabells.

Ah. Ok. Thanks, wjk.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 29 May - 16:20

Sad to say but I'm not surprised by this news. When I saw their televised appeal they just seemed fake to me. There were no real tears and they appeared to be trying to hide the fact by hiding their faces with their hands. Their voices lacked any genuine emotion too. Reminded me of Kate's 'please don't scare her' appeal.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Tue 29 May - 16:29

fedrules wrote:Sad to say but I'm not surprised by this news. When I saw their televised appeal they just seemed fake to me. There were no real tears and they appeared to be trying to hide the fact by hiding their faces with their hands. Their voices lacked any genuine emotion too. Reminded me of Kate's 'please don't scare her' appeal.

Yes, I noticed the dry crying and wiping away of non existent tears - straight from the McCann school of method acting.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
Always the family Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100Always the family Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Tue 29 May - 18:19

I noticed the dry tears too......especially the mother, but, I didn't want to say anything at the time, she maybe had no real tears left to cry, iykwim, I didn't want to start pointing the finger, people can grieve without shedding a single tear, not me, I cry at the most ridiculous things, but, there are people who cannot cry.

So unbelievably sad to think they are responsible for this, I sincerely hope it's not true! One thing is for certain, they will not get government assistance, regardless of who is responsible.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 29 May - 19:39

fedrules wrote:Sad to say but I'm not surprised by this news. When I saw their televised appeal they just seemed fake to me. There were no real tears and they appeared to be trying to hide the fact by hiding their faces with their hands. Their voices lacked any genuine emotion too. Reminded me of Kate's 'please don't scare her' appeal.

Also reminded me of the special performance for the police on 3/5 when they knelt down at the foot of the bed and 'made noises like crying' lying with their heads and arms on the bed. 'there were no tears' the police said.

What convinced me with these other two is that they launched straight into the terrible grief routine on the table. Had he tried to say something and then found he couldn't or if someone had asked a question - no this was total fake. I'm getting the same contempt for the public from this as well. Certainly from him.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 29 May - 19:44

tigger wrote:

Also reminded me of the special performance for the police on 3/5 when they knelt down at the foot of the bed and 'made noises like crying' lying with their heads and arms on the bed. 'there were no tears' the police said.

What convinced me with these other two is that they launched straight into the terrible grief routine on the table. Had he tried to say something and then found he couldn't or if someone had asked a question - no this was total fake. I'm getting the same contempt for the public from this as well. Certainly from him.

They both doubled over as soon as they sat down at the table, as if on cue. Just like the McCanns by that bed, wailing but no tears.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ang Tue 29 May - 19:58

\\

That's exactly what I thought - no tears just crying noises. And Mr Philpott was saying 'it's not just us it's the emergency services as well' which I thought was a very odd thing to say.
Ang
Ang
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 207
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 29 May - 20:34

Ang wrote:
\\

That's exactly what I thought - no tears just crying noises. And Mr Philpott was saying 'it's not just us it's the emergency services as well' which I thought was a very odd thing to say.

Ang, I did a double take too when he said that! It was one of those creepy Kate and Gerry McCann deja vu moments.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content