Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  margaret Tue 17 Sep - 20:48

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Just a big thank you to AnneGuedes for your transcripts and to say I'm pleased that you joined us. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Icon_flower 
Hear, hear Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 944533 
And Welcome and thank you from me too! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Icon_flower 
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  almostgothic Tue 17 Sep - 20:52

And me also! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 307691
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 17 Sep - 22:59

moi aussi
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 17 Sep - 23:59

"not the effect of their awareness of having been left alone by their parents"

Twins asking mummy and daddy "how did the nasty man get into the apartment"?

Kate: "he smashed the shutters and climbed in through the window he forced open with a jemmy"

Gerry: "no, no, no, children, mummy's got that all wrong, silly mummy, he walked in unhindered through the patio door we had diliberately left open in case Madeleine had to rescue you both and carry you both out if there was a fire, while me and mummy were totally out of sight having dinner with our friends."
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 18 Sep - 1:00

jeanmonroe wrote:"not the effect of their awareness of having been left alone by their parents"

Twins asking mummy and daddy "how did the nasty man get into the apartment"?

Kate: "he smashed the shutters and climbed in through the window he forced open with a jemmy"

Gerry: "no, no, no, children, mummy's got that all wrong, silly mummy, he walked in unhindered through the patio door we had diliberately left open in case Madeleine had to rescue you both and carry you both out if there was a fire, while me and mummy were totally out of sight having dinner with our friends."

Gerry: "and children we have been assured that what we did was within the bounds of responsible parenting, so no more questions about that"
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 18 Sep - 2:02

Sequel of the trial, written buy Anne Guedes and posted on Justice forum:

"Angus McBride (Lawyer) evidence.

Libel Trial > McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2  Witness No 2

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2273.0;attach=2633
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Sep - 7:18

frencheuropean wrote:Sequel of the trial, written buy Anne Guedes and posted on Justice forum:

"Angus McBride (Lawyer) evidence.

Libel Trial > McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2  Witness No 2

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2273.0;attach=2633
So, there was an indeterminate response by an indeterminate number of people to the disappearance, the arguido status and the book? And this from a qualified lawyer in a court of law!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed 18 Sep - 10:02

just read the transcript of Angus Mcbride.

So he was helping them with 'relationships with the media'.

Well I thought Clarence M was very well paid to do that!

he must have been miffed when Mcbride was hired sept 2007. but I suppose he still got paid?
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 18 Sep - 11:17

can anyone please tell me how the lawyer can say that people believed the leaks were from the PJ and that the book overrode the shelving of the case. how many people of the general population in the UK had at that time read or heard of Amarals book. anyone know because whilst the judge didn't expect him to pop up with numbers I would certainly hope that he had credible evidence of answers. not just common sense.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 18 Sep - 12:03

interested wrote:
Gerry: "and children we have been assured that what we did was within the bounds of responsible parenting, so no more questions about that"
I'm being pedantic but the word was reasonable not responsible.

Reasonable parenting.... imagine being described as a reasonable parent, not wonderful, dilligent, caring, loving - but reasonable.  I would be mortified.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 18 Sep - 12:57

Why do the McCanns think that people would even have dared to believe a 'sardine munching, disgraced, ex detective' who wrote a book based entirely on official PJ 'reports and conclusions' and that people would have even dared  to have doubts about their own 'unsullied, totally truthful and honest' version of events about what DID happen to their daughter?

BTW: Kate McCann also admits to being a "sardine muncher"! KM Arguida statement.

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Wed 18 Sep - 16:18; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 18 Sep - 13:29

The last answer of the juge (MC) shows that she knows her stuff:

"MC -What did the people think of the shelving?
AM says that they respected the AG Report that says that there was no evidence of 6.

MC - But the conclusions of the AG Report are two-fold. It established there was no evidence determining the nature of the crime, whilst indicating that there nothing more that could be done to find Madeleine."

And if the AG Report says that nothing more can be done to find Madeleine, the MC can't say Amaral is the first and only one responsible for the alleged lost of interest in the search.Will they sue the AG report?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 18 Sep - 14:38

ID – You were very attentive in the first months, what was the result?
AM says some distance is needed. The people were compassionate in the UK. The rumours generated media's errors. The comments on the internet revealed the damages caused by the status of arguido. The book appeared as the official version of the rumours. It provoked an explosion of comments on the internet. People thought that there had been some judicial decision and this had a negative effect on the search for Madeleine.

What people had thought that there had been some judicial decision?

The 'plebs'?

"the official version of the rumours"? as opposed to what? the 'un-official' version of the rumours?

What does that even mean, Mr McBride?

AM: "It provoked an explosion of comments on the internet" so obviously he was 'monitoring' what was being said online.

And why did it provoke an 'explosion'?

Because the 'plebs' now had access to a different 'version of events' other than the McCann mantra ABDUCTION, ABDUCTION, ABDUCTION!

BEFORE the 'files' were released there was only one version of events, the McCanns, but when the files were released you could bet your bottom dollar there would be an 'explosion'!

The discrepancies and contradictions from the McCanns and the T7 were there for all to see!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Sep - 15:37

The comments on the internet revealed the damages caused by the status of arguido.
And there we have it, people.  Straight from the horses mouth.  The damages were not caused by a book at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 19 Sep - 0:05

So is the trial supposed to be resuming again tomorrow. It's all a bit strange this sudden silence after all the publicity last week. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets postponed.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Thu 19 Sep - 6:25

I am confused about this "explosion" of internet activity as well. When exactly were the files first translated and published on the internet? I think that I remember the files being published on the internet well before Amaral's book being published. People would have had access to the translated files on the internet well before having access to the translation of Amaral's book.

I think frencheuropean hit the nail on the head though. The McCanns speak of the AG report as if it is gospel as it pertains to finding no evidence to charge with a crime, yet they ignore completely that the AG report claims that nothing more could be done to find Madeleine. Well, if nothing more could be done to find her, then how could an already-deemed-hopeless search be hindered?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 19 Sep - 7:57

The Mccanns courted the press from the minute their daughter was abducted. Just look at the press conferences they used to hold, Gerry with his "I'll take one more question" malarky. Then when the tide started turning against them, their attitude change. The are a pair of hypocrites.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Sep - 12:24

fred wrote:The Mccanns courted the press from the minute their daughter was abducted.  Just look at the press conferences they used to hold, Gerry with his "I'll take one more question" malarky.  Then when the tide started turning against them, their attitude change.  The are a pair of hypocrites.
Morning fred , is the Trial continuing today? I thought it was mentioned 19th. My guess is Kate has been staying with the Hubbards in Portugal , makes sense , and we won't know what is happening until later on today/.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 19 Sep - 12:38

Panda wrote:
fred wrote:The Mccanns courted the press from the minute their daughter was abducted.  Just look at the press conferences they used to hold, Gerry with his "I'll take one more question" malarky.  Then when the tide started turning against them, their attitude change.  The are a pair of hypocrites.
Morning fred , is the Trial continuing today? I thought it was mentioned 19th.  My guess is Kate has been staying with the Hubbards in Portugal , makes sense , and we won't know what is happening until later on today/.
I've no idea, I got the impression for whatever reason, that it was 19th of October, then the conclusion 5th November!! I keep looking for stuff and seeing nothing, so no idea what's happening. Seems a bit spread out if it is October, bit Portugese legal system is a bit cockeyed!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 19 Sep - 12:53

According to Duarte, current and future court sessions are scheduled as follows:

19th, 20th and 27th of September
2nd and 8th of October
5th November.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Sep - 13:13

Thanks almostgothic , so MaryB was right, there is one scheduled for today. Six sessions in all ...seems a lot for a Libel Case, lets hope the McCanns appreciate all the money the Portugese have spent since that fateful time the McCanns and their friends chose to Holiday there.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 19 Sep - 13:48

Panda wrote:

Thanks almostgothic , so MaryB was right, there is one scheduled for today. Six sessions in all ...seems a lot for a Libel Case, lets hope the McCanns appreciate all the money the Portugese have spent since that fateful time the McCanns and their friends chose to Holiday there.
Will our new member AnneGuedes be reporting from court today.?

She's very good.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 19 Sep - 13:53

Amaral might have well won his closed court, for all we are hearing about it!!! Wish someone would print something soon!!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 19 Sep - 14:06

fred wrote:Amaral might have well won his closed court, for all we are hearing about it!!!  Wish someone would print something soon!!!
After the McCanns spectacular cockups from witnesses i'd bet my bottom dollar it would be the McCanns that have begged GA to take it 'behind closed doors'!

Which would mean their 'win' (open court hearing) from last week turns into a LOSS!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Sep - 14:09

fred wrote:Amaral might have well won his closed court, for all we are hearing about it!!!  Wish someone would print something soon!!!
fred, I have checked out sky and Joana Morais, nothing at all to report on the case.Perhaps when the case is finished for the day we will hear some news. I doubt the McCanns will make an appearance.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next