Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

+40
fred
DavidA
jassi
Wintabells
LJC
cass
almostgothic
Karen
frencheuropean
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
kathybelle
mossman
quickfingers
Panda
wjk
chrissie
Angelina
Chris
MaryB
Keela
duncanmac
tanszi
weissnicht
mara thon
wantthetruth
princess_leia
Ireland
pennylane
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
chrissie1
dazedandconfused
Freja53
dutchclogs
Christine
Lioned
T4two
Carolina
44 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Empty Re: Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

Post  wjk Tue 3 Jun - 12:38

almostgothic wrote:Jon Kay @jonkay01  ·  41s

The sniffer-dogs being used in Madeleine McCann search are Springer Spaniels from South Wales Police - also used in hunt for April Jones.

Tito and Muzzy  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Icon_flower 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 12:40

wjk wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Jon Kay @jonkay01  ·  41s

The sniffer-dogs being used in Madeleine McCann search are Springer Spaniels from South Wales Police - also used in hunt for April Jones.

Tito and Muzzy  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Icon_flower 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 Empty Sky News Report

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 12:42

http://news.sky.com/story/1274175/madeleine-mccann-police-bring-in-sniffer-dogs

The Police have to speak to the dogs in Welsh, they were used in the April Jones search.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 3 Jun - 13:25

I had a dream soon after Maddie disappeared in which there was a long, deep hole on a hillside that connected with a drainage pipe into the sea. In the deep, narrow hole there was a grating and a piece of clothing was stuck behind it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 3 Jun - 13:29

Jon Kay ‏@jonkay01
Increasing activity at McCann search site. Workmen clearing scrub. A 10x6 metre plot being prepared for examination.

Jon Kay @jonkay01  ·  10m
Portuguese police sources searching for Madeleine McCann tell us 2 further sites in Praia da Luz are likely to be examined in coming days.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jun - 13:55

Why don't they just say cadaver dogs.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 3 Jun - 14:00

AnnaEsse wrote:I had a dream soon after Maddie disappeared in which there was a long, deep hole on a hillside that connected with a drainage pipe into the sea. In the deep, narrow hole there was a grating and a piece of clothing was stuck behind it.

Interesting - I read somewhere that this piece of wasteland had at some point been used for growing cabbages.
I don't know if it was a large-scale operation or not, but if it was, and given the climate and the varying contours in the terrain, a drainage system would be necessary and possibly a non-manual irrigation system.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 14:01

AnnaEsse wrote:I had a dream soon after Maddie disappeared in which there was a long, deep hole on a hillside that connected with a drainage pipe into the sea. In the deep, narrow hole there was a grating and a piece of clothing was stuck behind it.

WOW AnnaEsse, that was some dream!!

I remember when I  was a Member of 3a's , quite late, only a few posting and one Member with a Foreign username, something like "Guido" posted that Madeleine was dead and been buried in an underground pipe where there was work being done......the next thing it was whoosh clunked.!!! Maybe you are a Psychic  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 3 Jun - 14:12

Short BBC video showing the preparation and exploration of a cordoned-off area:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27676136
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 14:27

almostgothic wrote:Short BBC video showing the preparation and exploration of a cordoned-off area:

Thanks for this. I'm confused now. The reporter looked like he is standing on a balcony and there are buildings in close proximity. Where exactly are they searching ? I thought it was a large area of waste ground without surrounding buildings ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 3 Jun - 14:30

Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1274175/madeleine-mccann-police-bring-in-sniffer-dogs

The Police have to speak to the dogs in Welsh, they were used in the April Jones search.

I guess if they bark then some will be able to claim mistranslation.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 14:36

almostgothic wrote:Short BBC video showing the preparation and exploration of a cordoned-off area:

I'm half watching sky and the Police are using yellow flags in spots where the dogs indicate, there was one placed in the ground as I watched.

I can't make up my mind what exactly has caused the change by SY from "suspects " they have wanted to interview, now a dead Madeleine????

We haven't heard a word about the OPORTO findings, maybe this is their Report that this search is based on , or an anonymous phone call.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 3 Jun - 14:38

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 14:52

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1274175/madeleine-mccann-police-bring-in-sniffer-dogs

I guess if they bark then some will be able to claim mistranslation.

Hi chris, since there are some areas in North Wales where Welsh is first language it is probably where the dogs were trained , macynllaith where April lived is more mid-Wales where English is First language.I presume the dogs handler is Welshspeaking and he will be nearest to them to interpret their barks with other Officers keeping their distance until the dogs bark . I truly hope that after all the time and effort, not to mention expense , will find some evidence that Madeleine was buried .....there must be a valid reason for this latest attempt to find Madeleiine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 15:02

mossman wrote:

Thanks for this.  I'm confused now.  The reporter looked like he is standing on a balcony and there are buildings in close proximity.  Where exactly are they searching ?  I thought it was a large area of waste ground without surrounding buildings ?

It is wasteland mossman, quoted as being the size of 3 Football Pitches .....have a look at wjk's post earlier on this thread, it is quite a distance from the Apartments and Ocean Club.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 3 Jun - 15:03

mossman wrote:

Thanks for this.  I'm confused now.  The reporter looked like he is standing on a balcony and there are buildings in close proximity.  Where exactly are they searching ?  I thought it was a large area of waste ground without surrounding buildings ?

I know what you mean about the confusion! Maps, pictures, videos - each one making the place look nothing like it did the last time around! Optical distortions, foreshortening of perspectives, expansion of perspectives  etc.
Here is a helpful ITV video where Martin Geissler gives a panoramic view of the area, showing the site's proximity to buildings:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-03/still-a-chance-dogs-can-find-evidence-in-mccann-search/
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 3 Jun - 15:04

Just saw on telly, an ITV journalist in Luz at the scene of the digs, speaking to one of the British police whom I believe was with Redwood during those recent (cough) low-key trips to Portugal.  The journalist asked questions about the dogs, and was told they drill bore holes in the suspicious areas, and see if they pick up a scent.  He asked is there really likely to be anything found so close, in areas that were searched in the early days, and was told 'yes, it is possible.' The journalist also asked point blank.... "this isn't just for show is it?"  To which the detective kept his dopey, chatty, neutral face and replied that 'it wasn't.'    

Yet another dodgy looking, unconvincing member of the Operation Grange team methought. Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 49091

Last edited by pennylane on Tue 3 Jun - 15:05; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 15:04

Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:

It is wasteland mossman, quoted as being the size of 3 Football Pitches .....have a look at wjk's post earlier on this thread,  it is  quite a distance from the Apartments and Ocean Club.  

Yes, but if you look at AG's BBC report, the guy is standing on a balcony, with scrubland next to him and more buildings very close at other side. Maybe he's reporting from somewhere else.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 15:06

almostgothic wrote:
mossman wrote:

I know what you mean about the confusion! Maps, pictures, videos - each one making the place look nothing like it did the last time around! Optical distortions, foreshortening of perspectives, expansion of perspectives  etc.
Here is a helpful ITV video where Martin Geissler gives a panoramic view of the area, showing the site's proximity to buildings:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-03/still-a-chance-dogs-can-find-evidence-in-mccann-search/

Thank you.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 944533 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 3 Jun - 15:13

And all this happening...exactly the same time, as 'mmccanns and the conman' will be in TV.

Pure coincidence..of course.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 3 Jun - 15:24

weissnicht wrote:And all this happening...exactly the same time, as 'mmccanns and the conman' will be in TV.

..and of course libel trial is scheduled for this month
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 3 Jun - 15:26

weissnicht wrote:And all this happening...exactly the same time, as 'mmccanns and the conman' will be in TV.

I think it might well be, given that the requests to search the areas must have been made some time ago.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 3 Jun - 15:28

fred wrote:

But this digging for a body all supports Mr Amarals view that MM is dead.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jun - 16:08

is this the hill they used to run up often? Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 9 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 16:12

fred wrote:

Is that right fred??? How can the Judge proceed with the Trial while this latest search is underway? If nothing is found, the question remains that Madeleine could still be alive. If her remains are found then the question remains , who buried her body?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next