Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Libel Trial Updates

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  interested on Tue 8 Jul - 17:09

I guess it's too early to be talking about Wednesday's front pages, but I would like to see at least one paper devote the front page to two events happening today. First of course Kate's testimony in Portugal and secondly, the hearing in Scotland about the mother who is accused of killing HER three year old and reporting him MISSING.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2431
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 8 Jul - 17:27

I hope that the papers will put the two stories next to each other.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Guest on Tue 8 Jul - 17:38

https://www.facebook.com/manuelluisgouchatvi/posts/757088474314491

SOLID support for Dr Amaral on the TVI page (you have the option to translate each post using Bing, you'll soon get the idea)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 8 Jul - 17:45

Iris wrote:https://www.facebook.com/manuelluisgouchatvi/posts/757088474314491

SOLID support for Dr Amaral on the TVI page (you have the option to translate each post using Bing, you'll soon get the idea)

That's the FB page of the most renowned TVI presentator.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  tanszi on Tue 8 Jul - 17:47

excellent I do hope Dr Amaral can see how much support he has.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3099
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Guest on Tue 8 Jul - 17:48

tanszi wrote:excellent I do hope Dr Amaral can see how much support he has.
Hopefully the judge does, too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 8 Jul - 17:50

All comments there, until now, supportive of GA. Not that I'm surprised, of course.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Jul - 18:19

Mr Amaral doing a post-session 'thumbs up':


almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Jul - 18:50

Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's death ......

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/387879/Kate-McCann-My-son-asked-me-about-claims-that-I-hid-Maddie

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Guest on Tue 8 Jul - 18:50

What a great picture of GA!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/387879/Kate-McCann-My-son-asked-me-about-claims-that-I-hid-Maddie

Read this. áIt's quite an eye opener.

ETA Gothic just beat me to it! ááBut it's still worth reading, even though it's the Star.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  tanszi on Tue 8 Jul - 19:05

many people thought that Madeleine was dead long before GA, many people also thought the parents were involved in some way, way before Dr Amaral's book. I am one of those who believe that Madeleine is dead and was on the night concerned. The dogs confirmed for me what I thought as well as the fact that enormous sums of money were available in the form of rewards. No one has come forward with enough information to claim the reward.

IMO the McCs damaged their own reputation by leaving the children and damaged it more by their further actions.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3099
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  interested on Tue 8 Jul - 19:08

tanszi wrote:many people thought that Madeleine was dead long before GA, many people also thought the parents were involved in some way, way before Dr Amaral's book. áI am one of those who believe that Madeleine is dead and was on the night concerned. áThe dogs confirmed for me what I thought as well as the fact that enormous sums of money were available in the form of rewards. áNo one has come forward with enough information to claim the reward.

IMO the McCs damaged their own reputation by leaving the children and damaged it more by their further actions. á


They haven't done their remaining children any favours either.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2431
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  tanszi on Tue 8 Jul - 19:21

what about all the UK media reporting. áweren't there headlines screamed across the media everytime one of the McCs breathed out and reported everything to do with them. áwerent the PJ files published before GA's book.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3099
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  interested on Tue 8 Jul - 19:36

I wonder if she told Sean that mummy and daddy were named "aguidos" (suspects). IF Sean did ask her the question about hiding Madeleine, she appears to have dismissed it much as she dismissed Madeleine's question about, "Where were you when Sean and I were crying last night?" If her concern was that his question followed what he heard on the radio in the school bus, she didn't say that she followed through by voicing her concern with school or bus authorities. She merely added it to her list of objections about Mr. Amaral's book.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2431
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  jassi on Tue 8 Jul - 19:47

interested wrote:I wonder if she told Sean that mummy and daddy were named "aguidos" (suspects). áIF Sean did ask her the question about hiding Madeleine, she appears to have dismissed it much as she dismissed Madeleine's question about, "Where were you when Sean and I were crying last night?" áIf her concern was that his question followed what he heard on the radio in the school bus, she didn't say that she followed through by voicing her concern with school or bus authorities. áShe merely added it to her list of objections about Mr. Amaral's book.

Probably just a little more of her fiction.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Guest on Tue 8 Jul - 20:23

Ben THompson, Justice For Madeleine FB Group wrote:Ben Thompson
8 mins

Well I thought I'd seen it all from the McCanns, but dear me, the figure Kate cast in front of the judge today was even more pitiful than that she cuts on Lorraine Kelly's sofa each year. What was most striking though was the sheer lack of thought behind each and every answer she gave. Asked by the judge whether she had ever suffered from depression, the answer she gave was no, but then went on to waffle on about how depression can come in many forms, I'm guessing a lack of cash in her rear pocket couldn't be diagnosed officially as depression, much to her dismay. Kate was quiet in her responses but flashed the forlorn look over to the clearly unimpressed judge.

As a witness for the prosecution goes she was hardly man of the match. Asked about the how the book had affected Sean and Amelie, Kate mentioned the fact that child psychologist, Dave Trickey, had advised them to answer any questions the children might have. Asked if either of the twins had queried anything, Kate stated that Sean had asked if they killed Madeleine, when given the answer she said he just moved on, followed by her trademark curl of the lips. Wow! Just like Kate and Gerry did when Madeleine asked why they didn't come when her and Sean were crying 7 years ago. Kate also mentioned the fact that the McCanns have an internet media monitoring unit. No surprises there hotlips, though nice of you to confirm it to those who have been tormented by your "friends" for speaking the truth about your heinous past.

As you would expect both Kate and Gerry were evasive of the truth, for instance when asked about the effects of the book, Kate mentioned that social media and internet groups had followed and believed Goncalo Amaral's book. What Kate wasn't expecting was the follow up question, were these groups around prior to the book, or after......................struggling to find words Kate was forced to admit that the groups were around prior to the book, although in her own words the book "added fuel to the fire" heaven forfend!! Before Kate left her position, and could finally head off to being her stony faced self again, the judge asked a big question, how did the effect of the book compare to losing your daughter. This is a vitally important question, remember the official line from the McCanns at the start of the proceeding was that it was far worse. Now faced with the question, Kate changed the official line to a new improved line "it compounded the pain" Following the questions Kate stood up moved to the back of the court moved her way down the pew to were I was sat, had a change of heart turned and bailed out the back door. At that point it was time for a break.

After a short interval we went upstairs to the courtroom once again, this time it was the turn of Gerry. As we know Gerry likes to act the big man, full of bravado and self importance, and today was no different. He talked confidently, he talked clearly, and he lied. He was asked much the same questions as Kate was, only his answers were slightly different. Yes he was more forceful and assured with his responses, but as far as substance and argument of point goes he was as wishy washy as his partner in crime. Gerry too was asked if the groups on the internet were around before Amaral's book, he replied he wasn't sure. I almost did a real life lol! We're talking about a man who is a control freak to a the point of obsession. Of course old flat head knew the groups were around before the book, just like the official PJ files were around before the book. The very same police files the book was based on.

Gerry mentioned that Sean had asked why Mr Amaral had said that they had hidden Madeleine's body............I bet the answer they gave wasn't "well your mummy's clothes were covered in the scent of a human corpse, we lied through our teeth about the factors that led to Madeleine's disappearance, and set about a life of lie upon lie, hidden truth upon hidden truth and slanderous accusations of our own. The judge asked Gerry what impact Goncalo's book had had on the perception of public opinion as to the involvement of the McCanns with regards to Madeleine's disappearance, you couldn't make Gerry's response up. He , full of smarm and smugness, declared that he couldn't be sure as he didn't know what the public opinion was before the book. He was also asked how losing his daughter compared pain wise to the damage the book did. His response? A diversion to say the least, when he stated that the two things happened at different times, and therefore couldn't be compared. Digging more holes than Scotland Yard there Gerry me old fruit! This show isn't over yet though, Gerry was asked if he ever had a loss of appetite or suffered insomnia due to the contents of the book, yes came the reply "but it wasn't permanent"

At the end of Gerry's time in the hot seat, and in his infinite arrogance, Gerry set about an attempt to discuss his favourite subject the dogs. This part of the proceedings was an absolute wonderment to watch. Gerry claimed that the dogs didn't find any blood, then despite the judge telling him to be quiet he carried on, desperately trying to put across his lie. It was at this point the judge , with a wry smile waved a backhand at Gerry and told him to be quiet, interrupted his every utterance, before asking him if he was a specialist on the dogs, and then reminding Gerry that he wasn't here to state things he was here to answer her questions in her court..... IT'S A BULLSEYE!!!

Today belonged solely to Goncalo Amaral, who entered the court apprehensive, and left full of life and confidence. The final day was due to be on Thursday, but the McCanns, without thought for Goncalo, and whether he would have to organise child minders caused yet another postponement, due to them requesting Goncalo's financial records as well as those of the producer of the documentary, the publishers of the book and TVI, the tv station that broadcast the documentary, but it isn't about the money hey? Yeah right.

www.facebook.com/groups/JusticeForMadeleine

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Jul - 20:29

áá

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  interested on Tue 8 Jul - 20:32

almostgothic wrote:Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's death ......

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/387879/Kate-McCann-My-son-asked-me-about-claims-that-I-hid-Maddie


Oh, Oh!! "Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's DEATH...."

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2431
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Jul - 20:44

That sentence now reads:

Kate, 46, says what Mr Amaral has written ......

The 'daughter's death' bit has disappeared.
As if they thought we wouldn't notice ...

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  interested on Tue 8 Jul - 20:45

So Gerry said he wasn't sure if the groups on the internet were around before Mr. Amaral's book. If I remember correctly the McCanns had the old Mirror blog pulled long before the book was published so he must have known many people even that early on did not buy his version of events.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2431
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Guest on Tue 8 Jul - 20:46

almostgothic wrote:That sentence now reads:

Kate, 46, says what Mr Amaral has written ......

The 'daughter's death' bit has disappeared.
As if they thought we wouldn't notice ...

Too late, lots of people have it saved or screencapped!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  jinvta on Tue 8 Jul - 21:21

interested wrote:
tanszi wrote:many people thought that Madeleine was dead long before GA, many people also thought the parents were involved in some way, way before Dr Amaral's book. áI am one of those who believe that Madeleine is dead and was on the night concerned. áThe dogs confirmed for me what I thought as well as the fact that enormous sums of money were available in the form of rewards. áNo one has come forward with enough information to claim the reward.

IMO the McCs damaged their own reputation by leaving the children and damaged it more by their further actions. á


They haven't done their remaining children any favours either.
á
Agreed. Kate had originally told the twins that it was a "monster" who took Madeleine. Had the McCanns not initiated this libel trial, the twins would have continued believing this fairy story and would not have questioned Mummy's version of events. The twins would have long forgotten any mention of a book written by Amaral if they had only heard about this book when it was first published when they were only 4 years old. It is the libel trial itself, along with many of the McCanns other dubious actions, which are leading to the increase in the number of people questioning the McCanns.
á
I honestly believe that Amaral was denied having his say in court because the judge did not feel it was necessary. Why add any fuel to the fire for the McCanns? They are given their day in court, Amaral is denied his, it is going to be increasingly difficult for them to claim Portugal is a Banana Republic.
á
The McCanns are digging their own graves right now in the court of public opinion. However, I know this will have no bearing on the judge's decision, whom I fully expect to judge in Amaral's favor.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  wjk on Tue 8 Jul - 21:47

"Today belonged solely to Goncalo Amaral, who entered the court apprehensive, and left full of life and confidence. The final day was due to be on Thursday, but the McCanns, without thought for Goncalo, and whether he would have to organise child minders caused yet another postponement, due to them requesting Goncalo's financial records as well as those of the producer of the documentary, the publishers of the book and TVI, the tv station that broadcast the documentary, but it isn't about the money hey? Yeah right."

Could the Judge not just of refused their request and told them to jog on?!
They've already set out the amount they want, so why do they need to know? Am I missing something?


wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 8 Jul - 22:35

Iris wrote:
Ben THompson, Justice For Madeleine FB Group wrote:Ben Thompson
8 mins

Well I thought I'd seen it all from the McCanns, but dear me, the figure Kate cast in front of the judge today was even more pitiful than that she cuts on Lorraine Kelly's sofa each year. What was most striking though was the sheer lack of thought behind each and every answer she gave. Asked by the judge whether she had ever suffered from depression, the answer she gave was no, but then went on to waffle on about how depression can come in many forms, I'm guessing a lack of cash in her rear pocket couldn't be diagnosed officially as depression, much to her dismay. Kate was quiet in her responses but flashed the forlorn look over to the clearly unimpressed judge.

As a witness for the prosecution goes she was hardly man of the match. Asked about the how the book had affected Sean and Amelie, Kate mentioned the fact that child psychologist, Dave Trickey, had advised them to answer any questions the children might have. Asked if either of the twins had queried anything, Kate stated that Sean had asked if they killed Madeleine, when given the answer she said he just moved on, followed by her trademark curl of the lips. Wow! Just like Kate and Gerry did when Madeleine asked why they didn't come when her and Sean were crying 7 years ago. Kate also mentioned the fact that the McCanns have an internet media monitoring unit. No surprises there hotlips, though nice of you to confirm it to those who have been tormented by your "friends" for speaking the truth about your heinous past.

As you would expect both Kate and Gerry were evasive of the truth, for instance when asked about the effects of the book, Kate mentioned that social media and internet groups had followed and believed Goncalo Amaral's book. What Kate wasn't expecting was the follow up question, were these groups around prior to the book, or after......................struggling to find words Kate was forced to admit that the groups were around prior to the book, although in her own words the book "added fuel to the fire" heaven forfend!! Before Kate left her position, and could finally head off to being her stony faced self again, the judge asked a big question, how did the effect of the book compare to losing your daughter. This is a vitally important question, remember the official line from the McCanns at the start of the proceeding was that it was far worse. Now faced with the question, Kate changed the official line to a new improved line "it compounded the pain" Following the questions Kate stood up moved to the back of the court moved her way down the pew to were I was sat, had a change of heart turned and bailed out the back door. At that point it was time for a break.

After a short interval we went upstairs to the courtroom once again, this time it was the turn of Gerry. As we know Gerry likes to act the big man, full of bravado and self importance, and today was no different. He talked confidently, he talked clearly, and he lied. He was asked much the same questions as Kate was, only his answers were slightly different. Yes he was more forceful and assured with his responses, but as far as substance and argument of point goes he was as wishy washy as his partner in crime. Gerry too was asked if the groups on the internet were around before Amaral's book, he replied he wasn't sure. I almost did a real life lol! We're talking about a man who is a control freak to a the point of obsession. Of course old flat head knew the groups were around before the book, just like the official PJ files were around before the book. The very same police files the book was based on.

Gerry mentioned that Sean had asked why Mr Amaral had said that they had hidden Madeleine's body............I bet the answer they gave wasn't "well your mummy's clothes were covered in the scent of a human corpse, we lied through our teeth about the factors that led to Madeleine's disappearance, and set about a life of lie upon lie, hidden truth upon hidden truth and slanderous accusations of our own. The judge asked Gerry what impact Goncalo's book had had on the perception of public opinion as to the involvement of the McCanns with regards to Madeleine's disappearance, you couldn't make Gerry's response up. He , full of smarm and smugness, declared that he couldn't be sure as he didn't know what the public opinion was before the book. He was also asked how losing his daughter compared pain wise to the damage the book did. His response? A diversion to say the least, when he stated that the two things happened at different times, and therefore couldn't be compared. Digging more holes than Scotland Yard there Gerry me old fruit! This show isn't over yet though, Gerry was asked if he ever had a loss of appetite or suffered insomnia due to the contents of the book, yes came the reply "but it wasn't permanent"

At the end of Gerry's time in the hot seat, and in his infinite arrogance, Gerry set about an attempt to discuss his favourite subject the dogs. This part of the proceedings was an absolute wonderment to watch. Gerry claimed that the dogs didn't find any blood, then despite the judge telling him to be quiet he carried on, desperately trying to put across his lie. It was at this point the judge , with a wry smile waved a backhand at Gerry and told him to be quiet, interrupted his every utterance, before asking him if he was a specialist on the dogs, and then reminding Gerry that he wasn't here to state things he was here to answer her questions in her court..... IT'S A BULLSEYE!!!

Today belonged solely to Goncalo Amaral, who entered the court apprehensive, and left full of life and confidence. The final day was due to be on Thursday, but the McCanns, without thought for Goncalo, and whether he would have to organise child minders caused yet another postponement, due to them requesting Goncalo's financial records as well as those of the producer of the documentary, the publishers of the book and TVI, the tv station that broadcast the documentary, but it isn't about the money hey? Yeah right.

www.facebook.com/groups/JusticeForMadeleine

Brilliant report from Ben Thompson!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18467
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Guest on Tue 8 Jul - 22:36


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum