Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libel Trial Updates

+17
dutchclogs
chrissie
kathybelle
almostgothic
Wintabells
weissnicht
princess_leia
jassi
jinvta
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
Keela
mara thon
Roasted Arizona
Ireland
Chris
fred
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Empty Re: Libel Trial Updates

Post  kathybelle Tue 8 Jul - 23:04

Iris wrote:
almostgothic wrote: martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt  ·  2m
#Madeleine Kate McCann tells Lisbon liable trial ex-cop Goncalo Amaral's book left her feeling defeated.

martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt  ·  1m
#Madeleine Mrs McCann says Mr Amaral accused them of hiding M's body in a freezer and then transporting it in their hire car.

Colin ‏@Colin54637641 6m

@collywobbles54 Sean had asked them if they'd hidden Madeleine (according to KM) i.e. as though had heard about book via 3rd party #mccann

wendy jenkins ‏@bendiwendi_1 1m

@collywobbles54 yes I heard martin say that Sean had asked if they hid mm also she was asked questions from GA LAWYER #mccann

From Martin Brunt just now

The Judge has been questioning Mrs. McCann
Asked her when she first became aware of Mr. Amaral`s book - said she heard it was going to be published then read bits of it on the internet. Said it was hurtful that they were suffering from the abduction of the daughter then had this insult on top. Said Sean had asked them if they had hidden Maddie`s body in a freezer and then transported it in their hire car.

Martin Brunt said Mr. Amaral`s lawyer questioned Mrs. McCann and asked her about the support she had received, i.e. money and celebrities etc.

Hello Iris

Thank you for starting this thread.  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Icon_flower 

Regarding the McCanns reading Goncalo Amaral's book "The Truth of the Lie", when the book was first published, the McCanns were asked if they had read it. They said they had and it was a load of rubbish. At this moment in time I don't have a link to prove this, but I'm sure if I keep digging I'll find one.

In my opinion, the McCanns waited until the book was a best seller and amassed what they believed was a fortune, then decided to take out a lawsuit against Snr Amaral, stating the amount they wanted him to pay them for the hurt he had caused their children and themselves.

The information in the link below, makes very interesting reading. If I ever send another email to Operation Grange, I will include this link in my email and request that Andy Redwood should read the information in the link, the next time he decides to publicly state that the McCanns along with their mates, are not persons of interest to him.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/02/goncalo-amarals-defense-reveals-npias.html

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 8 Jul - 23:57

i agree with you. didn't they initially say that his book was something that was not of interest to them. when they realised it had sold quite well they wanted the money from him and so did the "harm the search for Madeleine, them and the twins". the only people who have harmed the twins is the McCs by their initial action of leaving all their children (if they did) and the consequences of that to themselves and every one else who searched, investigated and reported on the case.

How are the McCs able to quantify the effect the release of the PJ files had on the search and public opinion, against the effect Dr Amarals book had. don't understand how they can say one damaged anything more than the other, if in effect any damage was done.

The people who monitor the internet for them cant be doing a very good job, hello Michael et al, if G McC was unable to tell what public opinion was before the book was published. Ill bet there is someone who does know. didn't someone in the media do a poll,
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 9 Jul - 0:18

I formed my opinion of the McCanns' involvement in Madeleine's disappearance long before Mr. Amaral's book was published. The dog alerts, which they to this day refute, confirmed my earlier suspicions.

There is an interesting article in the online Mirror, dated July 8, 2014 entitled "Sniffer dog tracks down child abuse images stored in hidden memory stick." "Police dog trained to detect electronic circuitry finds well concealed memory stick bearing horror images."

It's a USA story but relevant at this time, according to what I've been reading in the UK press.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 9 Jul - 0:24

absolutely those dogs can achieve what science and technology cant. Ok they give indications but without them many people and evidence might not have been found. I really hope they have an equivalent in the UK and they are used in the new investigations into child abuse.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 9 Jul - 0:51

We are fortunate that there were people inside the courtroom who can accurately tell us what transpired. I'm thinking about the report that the judge told Gerry to put a lid on it, which is not something we will read about in the UK press.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 9 Jul - 1:14

This quote from Ben Thompson's summary is very disturbing:

"He (Gerry) was also asked how losing his daughter compared pain wise to the damage the book did. His response? A diversion to say the least, when he stated that the two things happened at different times, and therefore couldn't be compared."

How could anyone say this with a straight face? Clearly any normal person would find losing a daughter much more painful than a book that damages one's reputation! Only a sociopath would be more concerned with one's reputation and staying out of jail than losing one's own child. Especially since the book was only repeating what had already been revealed in the police files and splattered all over the internet. I also noticed that the McCanns both backed down from Auntie Phil's (or was it some other relative?) claim that the book had compounded their grief 1000 times. She even claimed this in the libel court, which of course cannot be substantiated, not even by the McCanns' own testimony.

Wonder how confident the McCanns are feeling now?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 9 Jul - 3:44

I've just been listening to the McCanns speaking, Gerry McCann was speaking about the 'abductors' having a laugh for the past 6yrs. He's been laughing for the past 7yrs, except when the finger of suspicion has quite rightly been pointed at he and his wife.

I don't believe that last October, Sean said to his mother, ''Mr Amaral said you'd hidden Madeleine".  I think Kate McCann is using Sean as a way to convince the Judge that Goncalo Amaral's comments are distressing Sean. Hopefully the Judge won't swallow Kate McCann's latest scam.

Gerry McCann also speaks about wanting to find Madeleine and the people who took her. All he needs to do is stand in front of a mirror with his wife and the suspects will be staring him in the face.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Wed 9 Jul - 8:19

Iris wrote:Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 BsDT4TKCQAA_yQk

You could almost misread that top headline in yellow  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 294124 
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Wed 9 Jul - 8:35

Definitely sounds like it went well for Amaral yesterday and not so well for the McCann's.

The judge asking, were their groups out before the book? And Kate answering YES! This is very important, because they have said the book damaged the search for Madeleine, but we all know this isn't true. The majority of people who read the book were probably people who had been following the case anyway, and already formed an opinion I would guess. Maybe not so much in Portugal but I would definitely say in this country.

Damaged search for Madeleine goes something like this...

The McCann's have had more financial help with the search for Madeleine than any other missing child, or person for that matter!
They have had Scotland Yard step in and "investigate" spending millions of pounds!!
Wealthy benefactors!
Famous people backing them, and campaigning, football players doing appeals!
Every few months news storys churned out, putting Madeleine them in the spotlight!

How the hell has the search been damaged?

What he wrote in the book was based on the investigation, so they should sue all the investigators, heck, why not sue Portugal!

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 9 Jul - 8:54

jinvta wrote:This quote from Ben Thompson's summary is very disturbing:

"He (Gerry) was also asked how losing his daughter compared pain wise to the damage the book did. His response? A diversion to say the least, when he stated that the two things happened at different times, and therefore couldn't be compared."

How could anyone say this with a straight face? Clearly any normal person would find losing a daughter much more painful than a book that damages one's reputation! Only a sociopath would be more concerned with one's reputation and staying out of jail than losing one's own child. Especially since the book was only repeating what had already been revealed in the police files and splattered all over the internet. I also noticed that the McCanns both backed down from Auntie Phil's (or was it some other relative?) claim that the book had compounded their grief 1000 times. She even claimed this in the libel court, which of course cannot be substantiated, not even by the McCanns' own testimony.

Wonder how confident the McCanns are feeling now?
I wonder that he didn't say:her disappearance felt like being overdrawn on a student loan...and suing Amaral, getting his money, will top that on again.
Just saying...
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 9 Jul - 10:22

As IF a child listens to a radio news bulletin on a school bus trip, let alone remembers the name 'Mr Amaral'.

Any more than a three year old asks 'Where were you last night when blah blah blah?'

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 9 Jul - 10:44

I don't believe Sean said anything to Kate McCann last October, unless the McCanns had a copy of Goncalo Amaral's book, Sean read the book and quoted something that Goncalo Amaral had repeated from the PJ Files.

However, I don't know if Goncalo Amaral does state in his book, that the McCanns hid Madeleine's body. If he quoted the report of Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida, which is in the PJ files, there is nothing in the report that states the McCanns hid Madeleine's body. The report states that the couple tried to cover up the cadaver odour.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 9 Jul - 11:04

Well there'll be one lad who probably won't be enjoying his time at school today.

Even if his fellow pupils have been gagged from speaking publicly about all things McCann, there will be gawping, nudging and pointing.
Because that's what kids do.

It'll spread round the playground in whispers behind cupped hands.

And he'll pick up on all of it.

And all for the sake of Mummy's very public little pity party in Lisbon yesterday.
One day he will be big enough and brave enough to tell Mummy EXACTLY what he thinks of her ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 9 Jul - 11:21

almostgothic wrote:Well there'll be one lad who probably won't be enjoying his time at school today.

Even if his fellow pupils have been gagged from speaking publicly about all things McCann, there will be gawping, nudging and pointing.

And all for the sake of Mummy's very public little pity party in Lisbon yesterday.
One day he will be big enough and brave enough to tell Mummy EXACTLY what he thinks of her ......

Brilliant post, Almostgothic  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 307691 

Furthermore, Sean's mother won't care if her son or daughter for that matter, have a distressing day at school. She'll be too busy thinking of how she and her husband, can spend Goncalo Amaral's hard earned money, when not if, they win the lawsuit.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 9 Jul - 11:23

Well said almostgothic! I still can't believe that she dragged him into it but nothing should surprise me.

And a brilliant report from Ben Thompson  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 307691 
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Empty Latest transcript from Anne Guedes

Post  Guest Wed 9 Jul - 13:59

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Wed 9 Jul - 14:51

Iris wrote:Thanks to Anne and Pamalam Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 83453

http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/Kate_McCann_08_07_2014.htm

Yes I second that a big thank you from me Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 944533 Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Icon_flower 
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 9 Jul - 15:48

almostgothic wrote:Well there'll be one lad who probably won't be enjoying his time at school today.

Exactly "almostgothic"!! I was thinking the same thing last night - poor little fellow. The McCanns, not satisfied with how they have dishonoured Madeleine are dragging their remaining children into their pity party.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 9 Jul - 19:02

martin brunt think they gave powerful responses. bit different to what others have said.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 9 Jul - 20:11

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 10 Jul - 16:52

I wonder what she will answer when Sean asks her why she didn't assist police by answering the 48 questions.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 Jul - 19:42

I know it's got it's own thread, but for the sake of continuity, here's Gerry's testimony (courtesy of Pamalam and Anne Guedes, thanks ladies!)

http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/Gerry_McCann_08_07_2014.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 Empty Largo de Camo

Post  Guest Thu 10 Jul - 19:56

Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 BsH8Y7fCMAAcr6K

Goncalo Amaral's new lawyer's offices, I believe. There's no wifi or phone line, though.  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 10 Jul - 21:15

OooH, bloody gorgeous! AND so modern!  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 294124 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 Jul - 21:26

wjk wrote:OooH, bloody gorgeous! AND so modern!  Libel Trial Updates - Page 4 294124 
And very, very expensive...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next