Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother is on his way !!

Go down

Big Brother is on his way !! Empty Big Brother is on his way !!

Post  Guest Sat 14 Mar - 15:57

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/technology/eborders/howebordersworks/

e-Borders

This page explains what our e-Borders programme aims to achieve and how it will do so.

The aim of e-Borders is to electronically collect and analyse information from carriers (including airlines, ferries and rail companies) about everyone who intends to travel to or from the United Kingdom before they travel. This will ensure that we can:

keep a comprehensive record of everyone who crosses our border;
strengthen the security of those who live in and visit our country;
make it easier for those who are travelling and trading legitimately; and
maintain tight control of our border.
This comprehensive record of passenger movements will:

significantly strengthen the security of the United Kingdom by:
identifying in advance passengers who are a potential risk;
telling us who plans to cross our border;
checking travellers against lists of people known to pose a threat;
provide background checks to other agencies; and
compile a profile of suspect passengers and their travel patterns and networks;
enable us to focus staff resources better to:
stop passengers most likely to pose a risk; and
allow the vast majority of passengers to pass through our border more quickly; and
improve our ability to arrest criminals and people who break our immigration rules, and prevent them from returning to the United Kingdom;
automate processes to enable us to deal with the forecast 50% increase in passenger numbers over the next 10 years;
help identify those who avoid paying tax by claiming to be resident outside the United Kingdom; and
provide more accurate information on migration to and from the United Kingdom, allowing us to plan public services more efficiently.
Information we will collect
We will collect the biographical information contained in the section of a passport that can be read by machine. We will also collect details of the service on which a passenger is travelling, for example the flight number. This information is sometimes known as advance passenger information.

We will also collect other passenger information, for example details of reservations and payment.

This information will be collected from the carrier not from the passenger. The carrier will be legally required to collect this information and provide it to us as part of the check-in process. Passengers who do not provide the information are unlikely to be allowed to travel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOLKS :Hiya:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Big Brother is on his way !! Empty Re: Big Brother is on his way !!

Post  Guest Sat 14 Mar - 21:35

Isn't this a good thing? (albeit very time-consuming for Big Brother and us?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Mar - 6:24

I know the govt. is trying to stop illegal immigrants entering the country, but according to sky, EVERYBODY LEAVING the UK for any reason will have to complete an online document otherwise they will be stopped at the airport,seaport, whatever, and not allowed to continue their journey.
What happens if travellers don't have a computer? Person being interviewed didn't know !!!
What about day trippers on a shopping trip to Calais?
What about lorry drivers who are back and forth all the time?

Finally, what is the point of all this? Thank goodness I live in France and am free to travel when and where I choose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Mar - 12:37

I think this must be intended to control all the law breakers and keeping a record of their movements. I suppose it works well for sex offenders and people who are absconding to another country to get away from being caught.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Mar - 15:41

I must be a cynical old sod but I cannot imagine crooks sitting down at a computer and filling in forms. They will find some way around this and it is the ordinary, law abiding traveller who will comply.
What is going to happen in the Crown Dependencies, ie the Channell Islands and the Isle of Man? Have their governments signed up for this? What is going to happen on the border between North and South Ireland?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down